Are there any speculations or leaked information regarding the raspberry pi 4 specifications...

Are there any speculations or leaked information regarding the raspberry pi 4 specifications? I fail to find anything online.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opencores.org/project/rv01_riscv_core
forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=32536
androidauthority.com/chinese-arm-vendor-left-developer-backdoor-in-kernel-for-android-692146/
forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=9639
raspberrypi.org/blog/eben-q-a-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why not get something open source instead of proprietary chipset?

oh gee how fun
another tinker's board to do absolutely nothing with

Attached: 1531087305300.jpg (720x720, 180K)

It'll use an Incel CPU so you won't need a heater this winter

RISC-V Raspberry Pi when?

>consumerist zoomer

Some documentation would be nice, but the support certainly beats having to wrangle Armbian's faggot troupe and open-source hardware is essentially meaningless as no one is even capable of building it themselves or doing modifications. Documentation would be good enough.

I hope the next rPi changes things up a bit. I need 4gb ram and GB ethernet. I don't even care if they change the board design. Banana Pro went a bit larger and accomplished so much more their first release.

If they would release an ethernet POE hat for the Pi Zero, I would buy a stupid amount of them.

Until rPi ups specs, I'm sticking to Rock64 for most of my builds.

Here's a vote for the RK3399 since it can run without any proprietary blobs and FOSS drivers now exist for the GPU that it uses, and as far as I know is currently the most powerful processor that's easily available that can do so. I'm pretty sure it's more powerful than anything that could previously run Libreboot.

the only impotant- how big will be proppeller

yes there is a guy on youtube who has one and he plays gta 6 on it

why does this piece of garbage get so much recognition when beaglebone is much more powerful?

Wow, another useless (snd proprietary) SBC.

I won't be interested unless it has at least two gigabit Ethernet ports, open source bootloader, and is capable of running latest mainline kernel. Bonus points if theres no ring -3 firmware.

I miss my RPI. It served as a NAS and I used OMXplayer to watch video from a command line. It was comfy. Really comfy. And since it had no X server nobody else realized it was capable of anything.

>I fail to find anything online.
That means no.

Beaglebone isn't a fucking SBC
cringe

haha yeah dude, it's soo cringey

haha what a cringelord

>cringey

>incel cpu
that hurts

Attached: raspberry pi.png (670x514, 260K)

>open source hardware
top meme

w-what happened t-to your raspberry pi?

Attached: pibeacon-botnet.png (800x676, 36K)

>lattepanda (if you like x86)

Installed Kodi on it, gave it to my brother. None too concerned after that.

I just want REAL gigabit. Everything else is a bonus.

>I just want REAL gigabit
so don't get a pi
pis are overpriced shit

Check out LattePanda and Odroid-N1.

Obviously going to cost more than a $35 Raspberry Pi, but still affordable.

>tfw just got a 3B+ for hosting sonarr and a Morrowind server

p comfy lads.

>Morrowind server
what

>he doesn't know

Attached: tes3mp.png (1193x566, 1.4M)

It already has a gigabit ethernet port, it's just still soldered over the USB ports so you only get 330MiB/s of that gigabit speed.

330mbps clearly isn't gigabit, is it?
Might as well get any odroid or NanoPi instead which actually gets 980mbps.

oh, I was under the impression 330 = 1000. Thank you for telling me otherwise.

If the next Rpi isn't RISC-V there's nothing to get excited about.

>RISC-V
Go back to r*ddit right now you tech illiterate piece of shit. RISC-V is pure cuckoldry. Only the ISA is open, and there are no guarantees of an open implementation. POWER and SPARC are far more open and better supported architectures. Anyone porting jack shit to RISC-V or supporting in any way is a fucking moron and a cuck. Cucks will write all sorts of free and open source toolchains and other useful shit for RISC-V and get nothing in return. No schematics, nothing. All the while they'll sit there with their thumbs in their butts hoping that the schematics fall from the sky into their little redditor baby laps. But it won't happen, it'll just be MIPS Part 2, CPU Jewgaloo.

Explain please.

Cheap arm servers with lots of ram fucking when my nigs?

How much RAM do you need? Most conventional SoCs used in sbcs don't support more than 4GB, unless you go with a new snapdragon or high end server arm chip. But the price is much higher than some reference design A53 or A73.

He can't.

I just did. Only the ISA is open. Look up the difference between the ISA (instruction set architecture) and the CPU architecture. Here, I'll explain it to you like you're a little child.

Imagine you have a box with two holes in it. The hole on one end is shaped like a star, so only star shaped data can fit inside. The star shaped blocks are ISA specific software (eg x86, ARM, MIPS, RISV-V, whatever). There are unknown mechanisms inside the box (the internal CPU architecture) that also understand the star shape which convert the star block into a cube, which is the output. Intel/AMD will release information about what shapes of blocks you can put into their magic boxes, and what output to expect. They'll even tell you a little bit about how to carve (or compile) the blocks. But you'll never fully understand how that machine in the box truly does the conversion.

Obviously that example is over-simplified but I think it works. RISC-V gives you all the information you'd ever need a make the blocks and what output to expect, and talks a little bit about the blocks should be moved around inside the magic box. But RISC-V does not promise in any way to reveal to you what goes on inside the magic box. Intel, AMD, and all the ARM manufacturers who make their own magic boxes keep the inner workings hidden and proprietary. RISC-V magic boxes will be no different except in branding and in the shapes of the blocks they take.

Eat shit.

Attached: HTB1bs3JKFXXXXa8XFXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg (750x529, 45K)

Ehh maybe 16, 32?
Well this makes sense since arm seems to still be mostly a cellphone/sbc thing.
The only server I know (the starling) costs a literal fortune and still gets raped by xeon even on the power department.

Haiku on pi when?

There were ARM builds some time ago for it, so it will work. Ask them on the forum how to compile it yourself and you might get something working.

this:

But I'm a brainlet...

That's why you should ask the forum.

cringe

Clearfog and Macchiatobin can take up to 16GB, they aren't cheap though. Also have 10gbps ethernet.

>board to do absolutely nothing with
this.

1. raspberry pi - propietary shit
2. nothing works well. i use this shit only for flashing spi chips.

it wouldn't be as cool as the nanopi m4

Attached: friendlyelec_nanopim4._detail_2g.jpg (701x740, 88K)

I don't think you understand, I'm retarded

That looks cool but it's pretty pricey.

>nothing works well

I got a free Pi 2 and tried running various crap like console emulation, SIP server and ultra-poorfag NAS on it and it all ran pretty well.

> I don't have a use therefore no one has a use for it.
Is it fun being autistic?

What is known is that RPi uses VideoCore IV and that later generations are available (5, 6 and possibly 7). Something that supports 4K would be nice.

>RISC-V Raspberry Pi when?
Not yet, Broadcomm is heavily invested in ARM and is not a member of the RISC-V consortium. Interestingly their arch enemy Qualcomm is.

Nope, you get less if you are reading/writing from/to USB drive, it gets halved which makes it terrible NAS.

that is the most ludicrous explanation I have read this year. You have no idea, I don't even think you even have done assembly programming.

In any case you will find Verilog implementations you can feed to an FPGA. One of many examples: opencores.org/project/rv01_riscv_core

Looking at Snapdragon for inspiration I would certainly hope the RPi4 would have a nice DSP, Image Signal Processor (ISP) and support for AI.

A small tile with a FPGA would be delicious.

wait, morrowind has multiplayer?

why isn't /v/ losing their shit over this?

x86 SBC are the future.

forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=32536

Attached: s_H2_top.jpg (1024x1137, 796K)

Chinese, right?
androidauthority.com/chinese-arm-vendor-left-developer-backdoor-in-kernel-for-android-692146/
>Chinese ARM vendor reportedly left developer backdoor in kernel for Android

And Odroid has a bad history:
forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=9639

finally i can upgrade my dust collector

>Not using Asus Tinker Board

god please, I want to install an offline Win XP and try to relive better times

no currently made x86 consumer chip supports winxp.

>raspberry pi 4
raspberrypi.org/blog/eben-q-a-2/
That are working on it. Specs are most likely done, and they are in the implementation phase.