Is there any reason to switch to Dvorak instead of Colemak?

Is there any reason to switch to Dvorak instead of Colemak?

Attached: 1805.Colemak.jpg (529x600, 83K)

From what I see QWERTY and Dvorak seem better for a right handed user.
Otoh, if I were a southpaw Colemak would probably make it easier to get to that E key

Windows 10 Russian mnemonic is some black magic shit

Is anyone seriously going to unlearn 20+ years of muscle memory for slight efficiency?

Dvorak L position makes my pinkie sad

Only takes about a month to get back to normal speed. But if you get unlucky you can forget QWERTY in the process. This initially happened to me shortly after getting really good at Dvorak although one day everything clicked and now I can easily and seamlessly switch between the two keyboards and I have good speed compared to normies (90 WPM on Dvorak 70 on QWERTY). Honestly I wouldn't recommend it because of the risk of forgetting QWERTY.

Workman > colemak > dvorak > qwerty

no, just colemak

why would you downgrade?

I prefer QWERTY because I am right handed, and it forces me to use my left.

I guess you could just be a pussy though

Workman is more efficient than colemak and still has caps lock.

colemak has caps lock. just dont change the backspace key.

You could modify colemak to have caps lock but then you're still going to have a less efficient layout than workman.

But like, no one uses workman. Is it actually betteR?

What was your qwerty wpm before you switched?

Is there any reason to switch to either of the two when you can do 130WPM on QWERTY?

Ergonomics

no, just qwerty
until there is a national or international effort to replace the standard keyboard layout to a more efficient one, its not worth the risks for the slight bonus to speed.

It's been a while so I don't quite remember. Probably close to 75-80 WPM. I've definitely gotten a little slower because I rarely every use it. I didn't switch for speed though, it had more to do with strain while using QWERTY.

QWERTY is best. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be most successful. Disagreeing is a sign of being a communist.

comfort and speed

I fell for the Colemak meme. No improvement in speed. No improvement in my rsi. All that happened is I can’t use QWERTY anymore because subjectively it feels retarded.

why do you give a fuck, it's not like you actually let others use your computer

QWERTY was literally designed to make you type slow. The first typewriters were shitty and you could fuck them up by typing too fast.

I use qwerty on staggered keyboards and a slightly modified colemak on orholinear keyboards. the difference keeps them distinct in my mind so i don't get rusty

>have to setup colemark on every kb you use ever
>already type at 120wpm on qwerty
baby girl there is no point in doing this.

Why type when you can copy-paste and auto-complete?