ATTENTION ALL WINDOWS 7 USERS POSTING ON Jow Forums: the new itjustwerks™ OS is gnu/linux with a ubuntu distribution...

ATTENTION ALL WINDOWS 7 USERS POSTING ON Jow Forums: the new itjustwerks™ OS is gnu/linux with a ubuntu distribution so make the switch as fast as you can

Attached: 111235-1.jpg (1024x600, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntu.com/desktop/statistics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it aint run no games my nigga. Didn't think bout that did you?
>wine
oh nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah miss me with that gay shit faggot. 25+ years in development and it's still fucking trash

this user has raised a very good point. Please buy a macbook today

I recommend you a Prestigio SmartBook 133S

Why didn't that image turn up for me when I searched "ubuntu girl wallpaper"?

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T
ubuntu.com/desktop/statistics

I play doom2014 on my shit desktop itjustwerks™ no wine just a bit of tinkering and even with an emulator layer i havent had a problem

I'd install a Linux distro if I knew I could easily get Windows 7 back when I want. Currently I have an installation that I'm pretty sure I can't replicate on another machine because it will only work with one serial number, and I can't get Win7 anywhere else because M$ pulled it off the shelves.

atleast its not as intrusive as windows 10, if they keep ramping up the data gathering im jumping ship though

At least you can opt out of it.

You can easily install GNU/Linux without affecting your Windows installation.

You mean on the internal drive? Because to do that I'd have to resize my Windows partition, and I've never encountered partitioning software that would let me resize a partition without deleting it first.

no

No.

Attached: Untitled (53).jpg (2560x1440, 671K)

If all you want is mainstream stuff from steam I'm sure it will work just fine. But venture beyond that and you'll quickly find the limitations. Good luck running anything old and/or obscure. Say goodbye to modding and community patch support because certain tools just refuse to work inexplicably

Ubuntu is basically malware

DO IT

Attached: 1524764895664.png (366x401, 69K)

i don't want a distro made by african niggers on my machine.

If you valued your time, you would use MacOS.

on the other hand alot of obscure western (or easter european) devs are linux users

you mad?

Attached: nope.png (1341x691, 180K)

AINT GOT GAMES!

Sssssssshhheeeeeeeeeeeeiiiit

you don't have to partition it yourself, the installation handles that and you can choose the size. doesn't affect windows at all

False

Attached: HOLYSHIT.png (803x465, 27K)

The answer is no

Hot wallpaper OP

I like Linux, but the problem is that It Just Doesn't Work as far as audio support goes, and of course gaming is extremely limited on there as well, so I have to dual boot Windows 7 until they get their shit together. Which they won't, ever.

i was looking for one in wich a girl had the ubuntu logo on her buttcheek

>implying Windows is so great for running garbage-tier AAA console ports

That wallpaper looks straight out of 2004

>wine
funny you say that because just now have been trying to install nfs underground 2 and installer refuses to start because not enough space on disk, disk has 4.2g, game needs 1.7g
help me /v/

its called make up

"Itjustwerks" can't connect to my univerity's wireless network because it needs to run a python script, but python isn't installed.

I wanna u her buntu if you're pickin up wut I'm puttin down

kek
what about x her fce's?

WAIT, HOLD UP

I'm not a kraut so eww

i don't believe you

Windows 7 is still the best OS.

>justwerks with everything
>plays all games, both the newest and older ones that 10 has trouble with
>runs all professional programs
>responsive, stable and effective ui
>can pause and/or decline updates
>no feature updates that break stuff
>only minor botnet that doesn't get in the way

The only thing it's bad at is development, because programming on Windows fucking sucks and there's no WSL on 7. No other reason not to keep using it until EOL.

You've got it backwards. Modern AAA cowadoody games don't run in Linux, but old/obscure bullshit runs like a charm.

>but old/obscure bullshit runs like a charm.
completely false, especially with the advances made with WINE/Proton/Lutris/DXVK

Just wondering: is it able to handle games that require a cd to remain in the drive well?

>Good luck running anything old and/or obscure.
sudo apt-get install dosbox

>apt-get
Eeeeewwe

>Good luck running anything old and/or obscure
Anything old is basically guaranteed to run in Wine, but good luck getting it to work with windows.

>stuck with shitty nvidia card
>have to manually run a command to re activate nvidia drivers after startup/wakeup
>otherwise get screen tearing
>mouse sensitivity is way too high
>mouse acceleration is never actually stopped. There is always a minor trace of it
It is sad the Linux (the kernel) and the distros are all developed by NEETs with pre 2010 craptops, or by homosexuals with thwir soibooks

Attached: W9OpUaDqQ2x2GxmTp75PtwqWFr3gnCKwxDzptAhc3fE.png (785x757, 121K)

>what is Steam
brainlet

>justwerks with everything
*blue screens*
>plays all games, both the newest and older ones that 10 has trouble with
Games are for children
>runs all professional programs
It can't run dd
>responsive, stable and effective ui
*crashes*
>can pause and/or decline updates
Still has backdoors from Microsoft.
>no feature updates that break stuff
You act like that is anything but standard
>only minor botnet that doesn't get in the way
How is a backdoor minor?

can it do word/excel and QuickBooks?
[spoiler]my father needs them for work and he likes my PC so much that he left his laptop at work[/spoiler]

>can it do word/excel and QuickBooks?
Yeah

That's a Steamin' pile of horse dung.

>ubuntu.com/desktop/statistics
Statistics does sound better than telemetry.
>>How many users opted in?
>We appreciate the trust that has been given to us with handling this data and we aim to use the results to focus our development efforts on where it matters most to users.
So zero users were given the option to opt-anything, literally botnet.

Attached: Ubuntu Telemetry.png (720x1071, 77K)

Why should I switch?
7 works fine.

Attached: 1425620762004.png (707x698, 255K)