Micro$haft Winblow$ 10 is complete and utter fucking filth

I guess I won't be making any music tonight after all lads.

>be me
>hook up PC used for music production
>look for new VSTs/drum packs
>DL some stuff
>play Sega GT and patiently wait for things to finish
>couple hours pass
>switch TV to VGA mode to check on my very large, very time consuming downloads
>Working on updates 4% Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while.

Fuck Microsoft someone please hit these guys with a 9/11 part two they have have been putting out consistent trash for years now. How do they have such a large market share?

Attached: 1539411873026.jpg (249x202, 8K)

Works on my machine. Maybe you shouldn’t have pirated it? :)

Read my post 5 times over trying to figure out where I ever mentioned piracy.

This site is 18+ kiddo
Lurk more

Try paying for your software next time, Jerome.

Now you understand why the 'Linux is only free if your time is free" meme is a myth.
Windows 10 is worse than Arch even.

Move back to Win7 or migrate to Linux/BSD/OSX

not op here but what the fuck? is this true?I wonder why it's utter fucking filth.
back to gentoo then

Attached: 1539544215030.jpg (614x750, 57K)

>using normal W10 instead of LTSB
fucking retard

>ltsb
Why are you posting non-existent things?

because it exists and just werks

why not Linux then
>It just werks

Attached: 1539863655583.gif (200x150, 1.22M)

>Will troubleshoot on Loonix for hours just to get it fucking working
>Autistic rage at windows update that'll take less than 30 minutes

>>Will troubleshoot on Loonix for hours just to get it fucking working
what?

Just gonna stick with Windows 7 till support drops or I upgrade. I just hope they unfuck Windows 10 when it comes to drivers. Using my drawing tablet for a year with 10 with no problems till an update rendered it unusable.

Have you used Linux in the last few years?
Unlike Windows 10, I don't have to reinstall every 3-4 months.
The default fix for any problem isn't 'reinstall lol' on Linux where it's the ONLY fix on Windows 10.

Reinstalling Windows 10 and all your programs takes about half a day.
Every couple of months at the most, sometimes you'll only get a few weeks.

This is modern Windows - it's only good if your time is free.

They won't.
Ever.
10 is getting worse every update.

Prepare to jump ship in a few years.

>how
because no matter how shit it is you will still use it user, thats why

The update isn't the issue you illiterate faggot. The issue is that if you had anything rendering or downloading your shit is now cancelled, corrupted or otherwise fucked up because Pajeetsoft deems your activities worthless and they decide when you get updates not you stupid fucking goyim.

>less than 30 minutes
maybe if you have good internet

>be me
Who the fuck else would you be? Fuck you, retard

>Have you used Linux in the last few years?
This argument again. I've been hearing it for two fucking decades. Linux is shit, always has been shit, always will be shit.
>Unlike Windows 10, I don't have to reinstall every 3-4 months.
Neither do I, nor do the vastest majority of people, so assuming PEBKAC.
>The default fix for any problem isn't 'reinstall lol' on Linux
A shame, since it takes 10 minutes, versus days of fiddling in obscure text files and hoping THIS time restarting some random daemon will make it work.
>where it's the ONLY fix on Windows 10.
Yep. See above.
>Reinstalling Windows 10 and all your programs takes about half a day.
Are you truly this slow? Acquired brain injury of some sort?
>Every couple of months at the most, sometimes you'll only get a few weeks.
Saying something over and over doesn't make it true.
>This is modern Windows - it's only good if your time is free.
This is why people beat the shit out of you, kid - you don't have neither the bravery, nor the good taste, to neck yourself.

ITT: Microsoft PR is upset we're not all on their 'latest and greatest'

How is it going anyway Jen?

wtf is he talking about? just install Ubuntu or mint and ya done

Attached: 1539485761307.png (366x286, 6K)

Oh wow, that was so hard. I had to click on not just one thing, but on several. And after all that, I even had to change the value of a drop-down list! AND press ok afterwards! Completely unusable

Attached: 2018-10-20 08_07_40-Configure Automatic Updates.png (383x129, 7K)

*ignores settings anyways*
Nothing personnel

Windows
VSTs

>Pick one

Attached: only npcs have these issues.png (1565x750, 54K)

*resets settings after any minor upgrade*
Whoa...

I bet you left your PC working 24/7. I turn it off every single day so windows installs all the shit it needs then and I don't have to worry about it starting updating shit while I'm working.

Attached: i don't use a pleb version of windows, sorry =(.png (1123x353, 29K)

Reminder that you can completely disable automatic updates, including automatic checks for updates and so the annoying prompting the updates are available, on Enterprise and only a fool wouldn't be using the new LTSC. It's Windows 7, functionality-wise.

Attached: all fucking niggers must fucking hang.png (2560x1440, 443K)

>using anything for music production other than Mac
>frog poster

You are actually retarded.

>Windows fags now have to use group policy and a specific pirated edition of the OS not to have worse update problems than Arg Linugs circa 2011
LOOK AT ME
I AM THE SANE PLATFORM NOW
:DDDDDDD

Attached: arg linugs.png (512x512, 51K)

>be musicfag
>not using a mac
your own fault, retard. one of the few things macs are actually good at and you failed

Pirated?
I got this free through Dreamspark/Imagine.
I like how you're reaching further and further though.

Attached: lmao.png (1210x561, 53K)

Win10 updates feel like Arch updates nowadays. You don't know how hard and what will break.
Win10 update destroyed my win installation twice in the last 2 months. Glad I use it only for gaymen and have a proper OS to do work in. If I was running my business on Win10 machines I would had committed sudoku long time ago.

Dreamspark only applies to students. Normie home users have to pirate or put up with the bullshit... Which is why so many of them are abandoning Windows.

>so many
laughing-whores.png

>faggot puts off updates
>complains when Windows updates for his lazy boomer ass
You sleep at some point, right? Set your updates to download while you sleep and you wouldn't have this problem.
Or, if you weren't apart of the nu-Jow Forums cancer, you'd have configured Windows updates with Powershell to only download and install when you want. That, or installed the LTSB of Windows 10.

Regardless, you're a faggot and should be burnt.

Attached: 1470152167113.png (328x408, 83K)

what's that?
some sort of gpo gui when gpos already have a gui?

you know you pirated it, stop lying

It's nearly 2019 and people still haven't learned how to make Windows 10 update when they want it to.

>Linux is shit, always has been shit, always will be shit.
works on my machine

Using LTSC here.

Attached: 1512411992236.png (1011x322, 46K)

same. Hard turn off m8. Takes a few minutes to 'rollback' update changes on boot.

but.. the problem of windows running update services still remains.
>awesome project
>using 80% cpu
>asio drivers at full size
>sudden 100% cpu usage
>disk usage off the charts
>tracks unplayable

They really do need 'do not disturb mode' for making music. And a complete 'update on shutdown only mode'.

>Have you used Linux in the last few years?
Yes. At least once a year and it's never works. Multi monitors, audio, bluetooth...
I want to switch because i don't use that many windows only softwares anyway but loonix still disappointed me everytime

What pisses me off is that it restarts without your consent.
>running some long running program at work on win10 pro
>machine is essentially a server
>fucking reboots and I have to start over

I disabled the update service entirely.

It usually works great on laptops.
Bluetooth is a valid complaint

Its god’s way of saying. Stop.

Or seriously consider changing genres. Nobody and I mean NOBODY wants to hear any more ableton produced trap garbage.

Yes I am implying

This is what macfags ACTUALLY believe

You’re narrow minded and pathetic

>people don't configure the update settings correctly
>get buttmad when the computer updates itself

How many times are we going to see this user error?

this. everything else still sucks for music apple owns us and anyone trying to escape is a poorfag

>he doesn't have CoreAudio
>he has to run a program to use built in interface
LMAO

>literally too incompetent for winblows
absolute state of redditfrogs

Enjoy getting throttled on CPU usage when you include 5 or more plugin generators.
Macs are pathetic for music, Logic is complete shit, Pro Tools is mediocre at best and only half of the entire VST database actually runs on Mac’s.

No your system is not better for music and just because your programs look artsy doesn’t mean they perform better.

>Linux is shit, always has been shit, always will be shit.
> days of fiddling in obscure text files and hoping THIS time restarting some random daemon will make it work.
assuming pebkac

What the fuck are you talking about? Anyone with some common knowledge knows that using a well constructed external audio interface is like priory #1 for production.

Yeah cause you really need to plug in that whole external audio interface just to jot out a song idea while you're on a plane LOL
>he doesn't check his music on laptop speakers either to get a sense of how it sounds on a non-optimal system which are the majority of listening environments
so much wew

>Enjoy getting throttled on CPU usage when you include 5 or more plugin generators.
rock way more than that on bitwig with vst3 all the time on a 2013 mbp top kek
>only half of the entire VST database actually runs on Mac’s.
oh no a bunch of shitty windows freeware VSTs that hardly any actual pros even use WOW WHATEVER WILL I DO guess I better start using Win$ucks 10!

Oh okay you appeal to niggers. It makes sense now.

Besides, even my shitty acer laptop works fine for me when I produce on a plane. ASIO drivers are a thing, they work fine.

You’re just wrong and ignorantly loyal to your apple device and therefore forever under a literal limiter in possibilities.

>you appeal to niggers
And you reddit space, maybe you should go back

Legitimate question, how many generators can you fit in a project before you start hitting buffer underruns?

What the fuck is reddit space? I don’t use reddit.

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (375x360, 53K)

I was going to troll you about the fact that back in the day they had to record to 4-track and still made more amazing music than you ever will (its bantz, im shitposting dont get too salty), but to get serious and answer your question with a question, which "generator" do you use for a real world use case, something in Kontakt I'm assuming (what most people use for testing)? I mean all VSTs are not created equal in terms of processing

>You’re just wrong and ignorantly loyal to your apple device
Oh and I just wanted to chime in on this and say I fucking hate Apple to fuck actually but it Just Werks and that's just how it is. I haven't had to reinstall shit in 5+ years owning this computer. Haven't had a kernel panic. Probably could have had 5+ years straight of uptime honestly.

I understand they are all different in terms of processing capacity. However you can start to get a general baseline idea according to your own projects.

For example my PC has a mid grade i7-6800k in it and I can usually get around 100 to 150 plugins (whether they be mixer plugins or synths) until I start seeing underruns in real time.

Separation between paragraphs apparently.

>this entire thread

I guess it’s time to go finish this garbage lofi baconwave song I wrote.

Its like 3chords bb

Attached: 2E48BE20-0C8B-450D-B908-76FF562C5CC5.jpg (4032x2330, 2.7M)