Can LED house lights damage your retina and disrupt your circadian rhythm?

Can LED house lights damage your retina and disrupt your circadian rhythm?

I'm thinking of making the switch in my house from incandescent and halogen lights to LED to save money but I'm seeing all these articles about this. Is there's any cause for concern?

Attached: 999999-0005821931061.jpg (327x460, 9K)

Just make sure you get something that is close to 2700k and called "warm" stay the fuck away from the 5000k "daylight" shitters

>Can LED house lights damage your retina
Gaaaahd. Not this again.
> and disrupt your circadian rhythm?
Any light over ~ 10 lux can do that.

But even the warmer 2700k LED lights don't have much red/infrared wavelength to them like the older incandescent and halogen which these articles say the lack of which is causing the aforementioned problems.

Attached: led-lighting-2.jpg (920x480, 37K)

>But even the warmer 2700k LED lights don't have much red/infrared wavelength to them like the older incandescent
Your pic related is only valid for older low-CRI LEDs. It's true they put out little to no infrared, but they put out a good about of deep red these days.

Attached: yujivtc.png (1057x719, 119K)

Use warm colours and colours andabout careful about hz flicker.

>using light bulbs

Attached: npc.png (636x773, 8K)

what is next after LED?

If you get incandescent, your house will just get warm and orange, making you sleepy all the time.

just buy smart lights and let the botnet shut them down at night

Buy modern warm ones. If you can find ones that don't flicker, that's even better. I use ones by GE that use 4 LED "filaments" and have a glass bulb similar to incandescents, pic related. They destroy florescents in terms of warmth and brightness, plus I just think they look cool with the clear bulb.

Attached: 043168449090lg.jpg (276x276, 6K)

Not him, but are the lightbulbs that shift the light into evening, nighttime, then daytime again good? Or are red/amber tinted bulbs better overall?

oh look, somebody posted a picture with lots of graphs on it.
must be true!
no sources listed....because it's not needed!

Filament LEDs are hot garbage for boomers and you’re a retarded nigger if you own one.

The whole point in buying LED globes is to disrupt your circadian rhythm, that's why mine has a switch to go from blue-shift to red-shift at the flick of a switch.

Don't buy cheap chink bulbs that have no smoothing circuits and flicker at 100/120 Hz (depending on your mains frequency). 99% of shit you can order on aliexpress suffers from this.

If LED lights are cooler, why do they need fucking heatsinks? People are using more electricity for LED lighting than before LED lighting was used.

Circadian rhythm disruption has more to do with the light color than flickering.

11W LED with antiflicker circuit. ~ 1000lm
Vs
60W glowthread ~ 1000lm

Your chipset in your computer still have a heatsink despite using only ~5W.

You can even get these kind if bulbs with frosted glass.
They are better than the traditional LED bulb that just shined from a PCB into a milky white dome. Since these filllament type ones produces the light inside the dome, shining directly out.
Makes them a lot more compatible with older lamps designed for incandecant lightbulbs.

These are amazing. I buy the Philips "EyeComfort" ones, very pleased with them so far.

They give my brother migraines.

i use halogens and just get solar panels for the electricity cost.

Philips Hue lights are ideal but are overpriced as fuck if they're not on sale. There are plenty of cheaper ripoff ones, some good some bad, check reviews on amazon thoroughly.

> complains about LED lightbulbs
> looking at the phone/computer/tv screen all day and all night.
Yeah, that must be it.

but flickering can cause stress and migraines if you're sensitive to it, not everyone is, I think its 40% of the population or some shit. anyhoo, better safe than sorry.

What lumen/Kelvin should my new LED be for my room be? I am still using florescent.

I use 6500k LEDs because I like to see the actual color of things, warm light makes everything piss yellow.

this. the ideal is to turn off all lights after sunset and make sure all your devices are running blue light filters. that or get those gamer glasses, as fagotty as they are, they actually work and I've been able to fall asleep naturally for almost a year now. the ones bought were actually from a reputed construction equipment company "uvex"

Is this a good LED I feel like it's too yellow and strong.

Attached: IMG_20181020_140428~01.jpg (2340x1843, 499K)

Don't these flicker at 50/60 Hz?

Absolute garbage tier

and you put graphs of ultra rare high-cri led which you can’t find in regular stores

I have a set which change colours. White for daytime, warm for evenings. Easy.

The LED dissipates heat over a much smaller area than a light bulb

I figured it's made in China anyway.
How did you know it's garbage what gave it away?

Decent CRI is above 95% and I don't know what you mean by "too yellow" but 4000K is cold harsh white.

Human are suppose to wake up at su. Rise and sleep at sunset. Technology will make you work less, make your life easier are Jewish memes. We did less as hunter gathers.

Plasma

I haven't noticed a flicker and pointing my phone camera at it doesn't show any either. Sadly I don't know enough about electronics to tell you what kind of power supply it's using if I were in to crack one open.

They don't have power supplies, that's kind of the beauty to them.

Well mine definitely have some sort of board inside of them.

Attached: 20181020_091711.jpg (4032x2268, 1.33M)

that's just the camera

Hm, I assume that's a rectifier to get rid of or reduce flickering. Maybe it's running on 100/120 Hz then.

well, sir PC, what do you use instead!?
Darksness??
Candles??
Flashlights/cellphones!?

The infrared is heat you mong. To get rid of that is the fucking idea with leds. The issues with eye damage is due to blue light.

cri 80 is shit light

siting in the dark in front of a monitor is more damaging i would think :]D

Is their guide about buying LED and reading specs.

So, lets talk about light temperature~ ^ ^
between the 3000K to 4500K is warm yellowy light. It should be light used if you want to stay mellow or potentially get some sleep soon since it mimics sunrise and sunset. Lights ranging from 5000K to 6000K mimic sunlight in that they have a combination of white light and bluish light. These are often used in factories and work environments because they promote wakefulness since they resemble sunlight around noon time. The issues with body rhythm arise if you use either light tones at an inappropriate time for example, using 5000K light at 11pm each night- the problem with this is that your brain picks up the light and senses that its daytime. Going from that light temp directly to sleep can cause sleep issues because your mind still thinks it is daytime and not night. A simple way to fix this is to turn on a light that's considered 'warm'- a temp below 5000K- maybe somewhere in the 3000K to 4000K range with 3000K as most desirable for about 30 minutes before sleep. This tells your brain that sunset has occurred (the change in temp resembling it) and helps a lot. Setting your computer or phone to change light temp (called night shift on some computers) at a certain time of day can also help you stay in balance and get better sleep. If you want to stay up later and increase productivity then use a bluer light at night.

I am not in a studio why should CRI matter?
I bought a 4000k cool white LED and it was too yellow.
Could it be a packaging mistake?
Also how much Lumen is too much?
Thanks.

Depends entirely on the AC-DC converter, the "filament" is just a series of LEDs on a metal strip. I've seen ones with no flicker and with 100% amplitude flicker.

They do have AC-DC converters. All LED bulbs do, that's just how LEDs work; the difference is between well-engineered ones with smoothing capacitors and simple $0.05 capacitive voltage droppers from China.

CRI >80 is fine, it's not easy to find bulbs with CRI >90.
But shit manufacturers tend to lie about the CRI on the box.

congrats you've been bugged

Near IR isnt heat and many people can see into near IR.

Why would heat be a problem in a place with cold winters anyways?

>buying more expensive bulbs
>saving money

Here`s your good goy point

they're pretty typical, I just had the graph handy. Any decent bulb has a similar spectrum today (I get mine from Ikea).
I suppose Ikea is only for elitists.

This, or even better: get "smart" bulbs that can change color temperature trough the day.

night vision eye implants.

I use candles and a large diffuser globe around them when there isn't sufficient daylight.

Meme regulations.

They should make LEDs mandatory only for near the equator shitters, not that they would care.

>All LED bulbs do, that's just how LEDs work; the difference is between well-engineered ones with smoothing capacitors and simple $0.05 capacitive voltage droppers from China.

I don't think the smoothing capacitor is the issue here given the human persistence of vision and the LEDs not turning instantly on/off. The issue is that the voltage dropping circuit doesn't provide enough power to the lights, which causes the flickering.

>Near IR isnt heat

Lol, all energy is heat. Heat doesn't stop at what the human eye can't see.

can*