C is so far superior in every way to every other language that's ever been devised that it's a travesty to compose in...

>C is so far superior in every way to every other language that's ever been devised that it's a travesty to compose in anything else.

Is he right?

Attached: c.png (545x470, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

researchgate.net/post/Is_FORTRAN_a_good_choice_for_scientific_computing
learnbchs.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post the link to his programs, im too lazy to type it out.

researchgate.net/post/Is_FORTRAN_a_good_choice_for_scientific_computing

>boomer whose aged brain is literally incapable of learning new things tells himself the industry hasn't advanced at all since he had a wrinkle-free face
news at 11

>>C is so far superior in every way to every other language that's ever been devised that it's a travesty to compose in anything else.
>Is he right?

Are you joking, OP?

>uses gmail
>programs on windows
>all code is in zip files
>LOC meme
>all his programs are toy programs that could have been easily accomplished through some scripting language

What a fucking boomer

You should die.

Hey there Dudley

Noob here.

Everyone I heard recommends only to learn Python and C.

Are they wrong?

>not a programmer
>used primarily fortran and assembly
>guys C is better
no shit

very
You only need to learn Python

no
also apply

Can you create exe's in python?

Lies.

Yes, but they're very bloated

The boomer is right

Use BCHS the web stack of the future
learnbchs.org/

Advantages:
>superb OpenBSD manpages
>most C libraries have a tradition of manpages
>all operating system capabilities are available to C applications
>there's a temendous canon of third-party C tools and libraries (e.g., valgrind, Coverity, SQLite, GSL, libpq, etc.)
>C does not change at the whim of a company or individual
>hipsters dislike memory managment

hardcore boomer clinging onto the past

>I can only think in C

C is the language for NPCs. Learn Lisp

why would you ever need 1m loc, use a loop or recursion

C is great in the hands of people who know what they're doing.
Unfortunately, a lot of sub-par programmers used it at some point and it gained a notoriety for various bugs due to this. Same can be said about C++ where those people later migrated.
As for the technical side, C is easy to learn and hard to master. The language proper is very small and the typical standard libraries are generally compact as well. This is an advantage in large projects because there's only so many language features you can cram in the codebase. Contrast that with C++ which contains everything but the kitchen sink and where there's always friction as to what exact subset to use in a particular project.
C is virtually everywhere and one of the first things ported to a new chip/arch is always a C compiler. Although in recent years C has mostly been converging to systems and embedded programming, leaving applications to more idiot-proof languages (for the best, really).

Because Python is relatively easy and has wide library support, and C is close to bare metal and you learn how the machine works on a low level.
I'd say learning C is a must for everyone in programming/CS, and Python is useful for everyone else because they can easily automate daily tasks (by everyone else I mean scientists, engineers, economists, etc.).

Also to add, processors are now fast enough that the speed of C isn’t necessary to make most decent applications. Of course it can still be done, but for enterprise and projects that have deadlines along with a team of programmers that aren’t wizards, it’s much easier to use Java or C#. Most applications just aren’t speed critical or memory critical anymore.

>all his programs are toy programs that could have been easily accomplished through some scripting language
Let's see your portfolio, champ.

I have a feeling user's "portfolio" consists of pics of socks and bulges

>Unfortunately, a lot of sub-par programmers used it at some point and it gained a notoriety for various bugs due to this.
At the peak of its popularity as a general use language, it was competing with Pascal. Pascal did have better safety but programmers didn't like its restrictions and C's syntax was more expressive.
Many of C's bugs come from playing fast and loose with types, and string handling. Strings are probably one of C's big failures.

>easier to use Java or C#
Today, I would say it's easier to use just do the refusal by many API and framework vendors to support C and C++. Microsoft keeps MFC up and running but otherwise shits all over the faces of its C/C++ users (and wonders why they jump to Java/web instead of C#). You can't really use the languages for web stuff outside of novelty servers.

seething boomer

>Knows how to code in C
>Never needed to study CS
>Gives his programs for free, he doesnt need money
>Is a chad engineer

Based boomer BTFO all Jow Forums CS web developer söyboys

>I've written X lines of code
There is no metric more meaningless in CS than LoC

>I have probably written more code than anyone who has ever worked for Microsoft
Doubt it, I know some senior engineers there who hit the 1M LoC mark before they graduated college.

>I've written hundreds of programs
How many of them are enterprise-quality applications serving at least 1000 clients a day?

>C is so far superior blah blah blah
Yea, someone who spends all their time writing toy games would think that.

tl;dr - delusional boomer, cringe and bluepilled

>I have written THOUSANDS of programs
>the best thing I can show you is some stupid chessboard puzzle
Is that the guy who creates the DPT.

Learn C, then never use C and write C-like in better languages. Python isn't even terrible for the purpose of getting shit done and has lots of docs but under no circumstances should you ever learn on it. Performance is completely unimportant on that side, libraries and code-speed are all that matter for script shit.

Get something that does strings well, perl or ruby are great at that. Python's okay, Lua's not. Perl 6 looks like it would be amazing if anyone ever learned it. Go's kind of a good middle ground on everything. Low level unicide is still hell.

The best languages are C, golang, and python, and they are different tools for different jobs

C +s
>runs on anything (if statically linked)
>complete resource control
>small binary
>can solve any problem
C -s
>not the best libraries for modern stuff like http / json

golang +s
>runs on anything (if statically linked)
>easy parallelism
>great standard library
golang -s
>huge binary
>forced methodologies
>garbage college makes it useless if guaranteed low latency is required

python +s
>extremely fast to prototype things
python -s
>running in different environments is a nightmare (venv helps a little)
>slow as balls
>compiling catches few bugs/typos
>forced indentation makes copy and paste a bitch

everything besides these three languages are useless garbage.

1 #include
2 #include
3 #include
4 #include
6 int
7 main(void)
8 {
9 if (-1 == pledge("stdio", NULL))
10 err(EXIT_FAILURE, "pledge");
11 puts("Status: 200 OK\r");
12 puts("Content-Type: text/html\r");
13 puts("\r");
14 puts("Hello, world!\n");
15 return(EXIT_SUCCESS);
16 }

This is like Java level of verbosity to do two lines of php code.

>There is no metric more meaningless in CS than LoC
No, the more meaningless metric is what you think should be between your legs. Maybe you should read, he's referring to his experience and the lines that are put into prod. Fucking noob.
>Doubt it, I know some ...
This is not an argument in any capacity.
>How many of them are enterprise-quality applications serving at least 1000 clients a day?
There is no metric more meaningless in CS than {client value}
>tl;dr - delusional boomer, cringe and bluepilled
t. someone who can't write in C

>There is no metric more meaningless in CS than {client value}
t. NEET who will never write in the actual industry and just stick to toy programs since he would fail even the basic of redundancy tests

>garbage college

Attached: 1539499893388.jpg (1280x720, 364K)

the boomer is writing C on windows and hasn't written anything particularly useful except for recreating some scientific functions that are tailored for his work and some automation to read and write into Excel spreadsheets. He doesn't have any authority on actual software development you NEET

>two lines of php
>tfw people forget about having to configure their php environment
what are you doing? using shared hosted hahahaha

golang's gc is one of the best. additional arguments and objects are allocated on the stack where possible so the tiny objects get cleaned up near instantly.

it certainly has a lot of tuning to it

his cpu rasterizer model viewer is kinda cool

What a patronizing and narcissistic twat he is. Acting like he's better than everybody just for using C. He also thinks the people reading his text are such idiots that they do not understand what a kilo of something is. The knight can take a trip up your ass Dudley because that's where you seem to be

>everything besides these three languages are useless garbage.

C++ wants to have a word with you.

>Can do everything C does
>Can do high-level Python-style programming
>Golang is explicitly a small subset of C++

There is a reason why 99% of interesting software is written in C++, from Google Chrome to Witcher 3 or the F-35 control software. C is respectable, and so is Python as a scripting language. Golang is a meme.

>All those words
>Not a single argument as to why C is "so far superior in every way to every other language"
>A statement so ridiculous that it is easy to disprove (just find one language superior in one way)

>
>>everything besides these three languages are useless garbage.

Written millions of lines of Fortran. Not brain damaged from that... questionable....

He also seems to hate Microsoft and Bill Gates yet still programs exclusively for Windows® Definitely a boomer.
>None of these programs require what Micro$haft would call installation beyond unzip into a folder and run
>This just means that I haven't paid Bill Gates for the privilege of breathing
>More importantly, these are all native Windows® executables so that the VILE .NET framework is not necessary, as I have yet to drink Bill Gates' Kool-Aid.

Golang isn't a better C, Golang is a better python. Cepples0x is aight but it's burdened by legacy garbage for forever.

lmao you can waste 5 years to master C to find an embedded job and fix spaghetti made by hardware engineers who have never written a loc in their entire life.
Either that or maintain some legacy codebase that's probably older than your mum.

Or simply go to a coding bootcamp to learn web dev or a scripting language like a sane person and still make as much.

Programming is a job. You get in, get the cash and get out, you don't have to dedicate your life to it.

why are EEs so egotistical?

After all these ironic boomer memes it's nice to see an actual boomer for once.

He also doesn't distribute all of his source code, instead he just gives the executables. The few applications he does distribute the source code is filled with disgusting monolithic spaghetti code

It aint easy to be the best

JavaScript is an npc language

Javascript is more reckless and/or actively malicious. Its still better than python but then
>script in a browser
>a browser in a script VM
there's no good reason for it.

>Boomer memes
Wut?
Recent studies showcased that the new generations who grew up with computers in their laps don't know shit about using them beyond gayming, browsing, and typing out the worst code in the history of computers.
Recent studies showcased that the average IQ of westcuck whites dropped across the board.
Recent decade showcases that Boomers created efficient and effective software, while the new generations ruined everything with not only software security getting dragged into the ground all across the board wherever newfaggot generations appear, but also software requiring 100 times more RAM and CPU for the same fucking tasks and visible UI element quantities as 10 fucking years ago which is quite an achievement in fucking up.
Forget about Boomers, it's everyone who is currently under 28 who needs to be nuked off the face of this planet or at least forced into re-education camps with a cloned assembly of Hitler, Stalin, and Mao running them.

Attached: flamethrower.jpg (1406x810, 189K)

Theres a high bias in that "study" idiot.

In the boomer times only engineers,scientists etc were using computers and were developers. Now the access to technology in higher so all kinds of people use them.

The average boomer doesnt jack shit about technology, you are comparing the top boomer nerds with the average zoomer which is retarded.

he is 90% correct
asm is the other 10% which coincidentally can be used inline within c programs, so i suppose he is 100% correct

too old for this board boomer

Bullshit, even the lowest tier Boomer of their time wasn't propped up under an education environment where "homework is seen as too triggering to be allowed in Universities" and students protest tests and demand essays as replacement, like this dogshit generation. Standards for everything have never been lower.
Also Boomers at least knew who to employ in proper positions, while you employ "Interaction Engineers" and fucking Music School graduates as Security. Get the fuck out.

t. Boomer

>not including the pic

Attached: 1538180932523.png (1597x382, 1.12M)

bootyblasted boomer lmao

>Music School graduates as Security

She was a fucking boomer

>not being bootyblasted about an entire society going to shit
Subhuman mongrel

Employed by the nucuck generation's creed of womyn empowerment.

So what
The market will always be the harsh truth for all these people
Let them be whatever they want, as long as there's a semblance of a free market you'll get paid more, and they'll get paid less

As a computer and network security engineer wrapping up a PhD I can't stress how important bad code quality will be in the 21st century and how easy life for all sec engineers worth their money will be

This >I have created hundreds of thousands of sundials.
>I've created them from stone, copper, bronze, and gold.
>All this is to say that, watches are far superior to every sundial that's ever been created.
>Watches come in more superior formats like analog, digital, atomic, can be brought with you everywhere like wearing on your wrist or in your pocket.
>Why would you carve out a sundial when you can just wear a watch?

>I have created thousands of programs

Attached: main-qimg-e567ece654afb9417680911b61df56bf-c.jpg (602x339, 20K)

>Employed by the nucuck generation's creed of womyn empowerment.
Who the fuck do you think started that? Hint: starts with a b and ends with an s.

Any programmer that’s only willing to write in one language is delusional and will work in a power plant for their whole life.

Does that answer your question?

>reached the 1M LoC mark
>there is no metric more meaningless
way to talk shit by invalidating your own insults

He didn't say they were better for it, just that his claim of writing more code is retarded.

The top five languages:
C > Idris > Lua > Julia > Go
Erlang/Elixir is also a viable alternative to Go.
Python is okay but stockholm syndrome.
C++ is only useful for Qt

web dev is boring and gay also oversaturated

this

>C > Idris > Lua > Julia > Go
8 / 10

Attached: gaster_memes.png (680x574, 192K)