Why aren't people buying AMD?

Why aren't people buying AMD?

Attached: 1539585386435.png (1400x122, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r5Doo-zgyQs?t=624
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

NPCs buy based on marketing and brand recognition not on performance per dollar.

They are.

Attached: Intel-AMD-Number-of-CPUs-Sold-1480x699.png (1480x699, 358K)

intel CPUs have significantly better single-thread performance though.

/thread

AMD have almost no presence in the laptop market and tons of people log into Steam on laptops.

Complete bullshit. Clock for clock Ryzen and Coffee Lake have near-identical single-threaded performance, so unless you have an K CPU and have it overclocked higher than an equivalent Ryzen chip, you don't have better single-threaded performance (and usually much worse mulit-core performance). It's not like any of this is up for debate either.

Attached: untitled-14.png (674x800, 53K)

> performance per dollar.

I'm not poor, so I want the best performance for gayming I can get.

>Clock for clock

Pointless comparison, you can always clock intel CPUs higher than ryzen.

IPC has nothing to do with clock speed. Also good thing you brought up overclocking.

This guy had to use fucking sand paper in order to get an okay temp on an intel CPU.

youtu.be/r5Doo-zgyQs?t=624

90% of prebuilds and laptops are Intel celeron/pentium and i3 CPUs.

He has a point tho. He said single thread performance, no IPC. If AMD comes out tomorrow with an identical IPC to Intel, Intel would still be ahead just because they usually clock higher.
Mark my words, that's what Intel shills are going to be saying once Zen2 comes out

DELET

They HAVE identical IPC to Intel. AMD needs to catch up in frequency.

Higher frequency is more difficult to achieve than IPC and is more useful, so that's why nobody cares about muh IPC.

Majority of sales are prebuilts and laptops, where intel is winning because they help OEMs with
designs more and they have more board options. Maybe they're doing some kickbacks like the good old days.

>muh superior 16-core performance
>single-thread performance isn't important at all!

say it with me now

IPC
DOES
NOT
MATTER!

Attached: ScreenShot_20181020234310.png (1460x1500, 196K)

>*NEW* IPC doesn't matter!

Attached: 1536933295046.png (1109x3646, 376K)

k

Attached: 1539993841382.png (713x2098, 275K)

>Throttling under 5ghz doesn't matter!

>being 30% slower than intel doesn't matter

Because most consumers are ignorant and short sighted. They don't care about funding a monopoly and causing the next product they buy a few years down the line to be much worse than what it would be in a competitive market. They just want that extra 5-10% single threaded performance RIGHT NAO!!!

>I'm going to buy a shitty CPU to help competition

>I'm going to waste twice the amount of money for 10% performance

>clock speeds all over the place, clearly overclocked
amazing website
>pissmark
the worst benchmarking website on the internet. they mix overclocked and stock benches

AMD is doing a hell of a lot better than intel, I'd even contest that AMD is just nailing down the CPU market with the newer Ryzens. Not to mention their competitive pricing being a very tempting offer not to pass up, and sometimes can be downright a bargain.

Meanwhile, Intel has become the premium nobody really cares about these days, and with AMD providing at least marginally close enough performance for a lower budget, Intel's getting screwed over here. It's the early 2000's again boys.

I'm sure it's 30% especially since ipc doesn't matter anymore right? That extra 800Mhz intel cpus can clock at makes my cpu run sooper dooper fast, brian told me so!

If AyyMDrones admit that it's 10% you know it has to be at least 30%

What the fuck does that have to do with IPC? Intel is 30% faster, the end.

>makes my cpu run sooper dooper fast
Nah, they run Supercallifragilistic-expialidociously fast.

Most people are not buying anything because their computers are just fast enough to run everything they want.

Remember that time AMD tried to do a high frequency CPU and it was a complete success and by doing so they managed to establish themselves as market leaders in the high end processor market?

Oh wait, that's not what happened, they failed miserably and almost went bankrupt and instead focused on IPC because high frequency almost killed their company.

But it isn't. On average it is 10%

see

I know you resents intel firing you and replacing your team with a bunch of jews, but your baby would never, ever ,EVER reach the 15Ghz you desired it to do.

>Using passmark as evidence to prove that Intel is clearly superior

*sigh* refer to

it means that you tards think that clock speed increases performance exponentially to justify getting jewed so hard. Yes sure, intel is 20% faster because they can afford to clock that high but at what cost? Almost overloading a quality water cooler?

Attached: ScreenShot_20181021000307.png (1453x827, 88K)

>I called your benchmark "pissmark" in green text so I win

AMD still doesn't have a Celeron competitor.

Yeah, in Germany

They only buy AMD when Intel is not available anymore or have price hikes far beyond MSRP

Game, this winner is you, my good man.

But Ryzen isn't shitty, they're very competitive processors. They trade blows with intel dollar for dollar depending on the task.
I operate this way in general, not just with PC parts: if I can buy a competitive product that I'll be happy with and that I think is the more ethical purchase and is best for my interests (especially long term) then I will do so.
Choosing very small short term gains for much larger long term losses means you are stupid.

>muh laptop
(lol

>Celeron
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh god my sides are officially in orbit.

>Meanwhile, Intel has become the premium nobody really cares about
>when AMD shills flood Jow Forums just to shill against people buying Intel

Celeron probably has a higher single core speed than threadripper.

fx was unironically the most overclockable cpu series in the world. the problem was that their ipc was so shit that even the 8+ghz overclocking records yielded performance equivalent to 5ghz intel cpu

Nah, Celeron probably has a higher single core speed than the latest i9 my guy

You've been bamboozled by AMD fanboys and drones on Jow Forums.

People will always buy the newest Nvidia and Intel. They may not afford the 2080ti and 9900k but they'll always pick the less expensive option.

Once the prices stabilize watch how many people buy the 9700k and 2070.

>People will always buy the newest Nvidia and Intel

From what I've seen, people have sided more with AMD here in terms of budget gaming. So call me a faggot but AMD is killing it right now, and by the time 9700k comes out as well as 2070, people will most likely have a Ryzen + 2070 combo going on in their rig.

*stabilizes

Not comes out, what a fucking retard I am.

>muh price/performance
>PLS BUY AMD I BEG YOU
>insulting the vast majority of PC gamers
>he thinks everyone is poor
>Y-YOU DON'T NEED AN EXTRA 10 FPS ANYWAY
This is why AMD is forever billed as a budget brand and non-entity among normies.

>people have sided more with AMD here in terms of budget gaming
yeah but Jow Forums isn't even remotely representative of the general buying public. The sad truth is most people will continue to use incel and novideo because its what they always have, they're scared of the exaggerated problems they might have switching, and they're ignorant of and/or don't care about the benefits to the industry of supporting competition.

>an K CPU
POOMDJEET, WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT SHILLING ON Jow Forums?

Ah well, It's a case of Dinosaurs and Mammals. Those who adapt, survive.
Those who don't, die.

>supporting competition just because
What a brainlet

People buy the best of what they can afford, only fanboys give a shit about billion dollar companies

If they can afford Nvidia and Intel they'll buy those

>multithreading doesn't matter

I'm supporting competition to help innovate the industry, but I can't speak for him on his reasons for supporting AMD

back in 2004 when I was a gamer kid and I fell amd and radeon because it was cheaper while still having good specs, and my friends all had intel and nvidia. my games and drivers kept crashing and I always struggled to get things working properly while my friends never had any problems, it was humiliating. never want to make that mistake again.

Do you seriously think that you'd have 6 and 8 core mainstream processors from intel to buy without Ryzen? Support AMD now so that next time you upgrade you get something way better, regardless of which company you go.

then don't make the mistake of buying from the company that has whql certified drivers that disable the fans on your gpu and also slows performance over time
it would be humiliating

prove this wrong intelniggers

Attached: a.png (510x529, 12K)

>all the gamer kids from 2004 are boomers now
>they'll never touch anything AMD due to PTSD
Kek this is very true.

>my ability to do research hasn't improved in 14 years of my life
hmm

Vietnam flashbacks baby YEAH

>People will always buy the newest Nvidia and Intel
amd gpus are indeed trash, but anecdotally everyone I know that is upgrading cpu is moving to amd, not intel.
The best thing about amd is that you know motherboards are going to be backwards compatible, Zen2 is going to work on existing am4 motherboards. Meanwhile:
in 2019 intel is going to release a 14+++ turd called cooper lake that's going to require new motherboards
in 2020 10nm (slightly worse, but roughly equivalent, to tsmc's 7nm) icelake is going to require a new motherboard

I have a 6700k, waiting for zen2
this is me. Never expected to be for amd, but I bought a 2700x for my father and it's great.

In 2004 the best cpu was amd and amd had almost 50% market share
Boomers who were gaymers in 200r know what amd is and how behind intel is.

Steam surveys aren't real time.

AMD 1, Intel 0

Well their graphics cards are shit so why would I trust them with my processor?

People who are really interested in games are buying i7s since they are absolutely the best CPUs to game, and people who play on laptops have no choice other than getting a Intel since Ryzen laptops are basically inexistent.

>Graphics card are shit, why would i trust them with my CPU of choice?

Because unlike Radeon, they actually innovated the PC industry with Ryzen, and have been hit with a tsunami of success after success with the Ryzen brand under their sleeve. It's a budget gamer's dream.

>In 2004 the best cpu was amd
Nice revisionist history AMD shill.

>tsunami of success
(lol

The only good thing about Ryzen is price

>SINGLE THREAD DOESN'T MATTER
>GAMES DON'T MATTER
>STEAM DOESN'T MATTER

>implying Pentium 4 was better than Athlon64
Come the fuck on.

you have to run intel in the housefire mode to utilise the remaining performance advantage intel has
I'd say that's quite a success

you intelfag..

They were the first to introduce 6-core processing and 8-core processing with decent IPC, and made it under competitive pricing. Not to mention Ryzen had made intel add 6 core processors to their list, and shows how behind Intel is compared to AMD.

Overall, people buy AMD because of a budget CPU that's toe-to-toe with the likes of Intel's bullshit, not to mention all the under-the-hood controversies going around with Intel paying certain manufacturers to not use AMD chips in fear of competition.

It is because Intel still rules the portable world with IGPs being ubiquitous. Ryzen Mobile has barely penetrated the OEM world.

It is a different story for server world. Epycs are about to put the massive hurt on Intel.

Steam is not representitive of overall hardware market, just retarded gaymur kiddies playing DOTA on their Intel integrated GPU laptops mommy bought them for school. Now kindly fuck off and kys.

I hope Ryzen Mobile doesn't penetrate, I hope it rapes it a new superfluous behind.

>performance per dollar
Which is exactly why i got the G4560 ! Brand doesn't matter to me.

What are you gonna do, low-end gaming with that poor son of a bitch? I bet it can barely handle even a 1060.

>implying i bought my 2600X because of performance per dollar
I wanted solid multithreading, low power consumption and good thermals. 2600X happens to get me all 3, whereas no intel CPU on the market can do that currently.

you could spend 25 dollars more to get r3 1200, a 4 core 4 thread cpu that can be overclocked to at least 3.8ghz without changing the voltage. and you could pay 3 bucks more to get a non meme igpu. you got memed heavily

All this single thread performance crap.I am not a gamer faggot, need to get shit done, multi thread workloads is where it is at.

Intel is a fucking joke for multi threaded work, they have nothing on Threadripper which is the king of workstation CPU's.

Not only it was better, but it was also numa.... Which intel made it possible in 2010.
First x64, first multicore, not glued together, better cache arch, less freq for more performance.
It's not revisionism, it's the truth.

Damn straight sonny

Because steam survey is highly influenced by chink migration this year because of PUBG. And chinks use 10 years old xeons.

Poo in loo

Because people just aren't that stupid

Is this thread dead?

intelshitters are REALLY buttmad 9900k was a colossal flop lul
don't worry, the next 9999k with 18 coarz at 6GHz will definitely be a success :)

Isn't it sold out pretty much everywhere?

with 5 cpus per country yeah i guess

>Intel
That's a joke now in of itself my guy.

Reminder that AMD is fixing low-ish frequencies and IPC with Zen 2. Meanwhile Intel can't fix their temps and their multithreading not only is getting worse but is also getting pricier
Reminder that people with even the first Ryzen gens will have this upgrade path and with even have Zen 3. A lot of peoples have AM4 by now.
Intel is fucked

Tends to happen with paper launches