Why are there so many Debian desktops on Jow Forums? I would understand running Arch or Ubuntu, but Debian?

Why are there so many Debian desktops on Jow Forums? I would understand running Arch or Ubuntu, but Debian?

Attached: 13895097_1086458864766294_1138917838216344616_n.png.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Debian is a good distro for gays and Jow Forums is a very Jow Forumsay board right now

I use Ubuntu user
Most basement dwellers here use meme distros to look cool to other basement dwellers

I don't use debian but its hardly a meme distro

based.

Attached: deb.png (2133x1200, 1.01M)

Install Gentoo

Ubuntu(Amazon) is controlled by cianiggers

Debian is actually gahnoo/leenux as long as you don't add non free

Arch is with what you use if a girl never has or will ever touch ur pp

>Just install gentoo

How isn't it a meme distro?

i suppose its because its installer doesnt have a default option, so its less of a comparing arch and manjaro, and ubuntu and kubuntu kinda thing, its all in one, so you would just say debian, plus it is pretty minimal along the install and fast

because it's Ubuntu without 6 GB of cruft and unlike Ubuntu it actually does Just Werk™

Am I the only one who runs CentOS?

On a server? No, that's actually a very popular choice. It's basically RHEL but free and without the enterprise support.
On a desktop? yeah that's a little weird.

Debian users think it's stable. It's not.

people still hate ubuntu from the unity days. arch is a meme and is for people who want "street cred" but are too dumb to figure out gentoo. debian has a lot of packages, as newbie friendly as ubuntu, and is basically FSF approved

Apparently you don't understand it or you wouldn't be asking the question.

how is a meme distro?

It is. sid is pretty stable for desktop use desu

It
Just
Werks.

hopped from arch to gentoo to debian stable to debian testing.
seems to be the best middleground between a rolling release bleeding edge distro that breaks all the time and a stable distro that doesn't get a lot of updated software

where my fedora bros at?

Attached: Fedora-Logo.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Debian is stable, secure, and just works. Ubuntu is an autistic mess that never works right and does terrible things like using snap packages. Arch is the forever broken piece of shit that you have to baby and take care of and tinker with.

>t.debiantard who has never actual used arch
I have never had arch break after an update not once. Debian unstable is a broken pile of shit that the devs have no intention of regular users using from day to day. How you faggots get away with spreading this nonsense is beyond me.

Bullshit. Been using and upgrading unstable every day for 10 years.

You're a lying piece of shit. Not even sid breaks after months of use. How retarded are you?

>n-n-no y-your software is b-broken not mine!

Attached: na6opzjr42601.jpg (1024x609, 465K)

Arch stinks to arse and Ubuntu is for fags.

I've had both Arch and Debian Sid hard freeze on me. How do you like them apples?

mac users = fags
windows users = stinky poos
debian users = old niggers who belittle ubuntu just the way ubuntu belittles mint.
arch users = gentoo next generations

>Debian unstable is a broken pile of shit
did you try using Debian unstable as a desktop operating system?

It's fully free as in freedom without the corporate touch of Canonical. So no Amazon search, no data collection by the base OS, Firefox comes with data collection disabled by default, etc.

Also, there are Debian's own merits: it's stable, it just works, it won't ever break after an update. If a program has a LTS version, that's the version I'll find on Debian repos.

Attached: Bowsette 138.jpg (705x1000, 101K)

>did you try using Debian unstable as a desktop operating system?
No these people claim to.
Truth hurts huh debiantards?

Based and skookumpilled

Arch is for people with a job who can't afford to spend 2 hours compiling Chromium