Web design in 2018

>web design in 2018

What went wrong?

Attached: web design 2018.webm (640x480, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359
ibm.com/plex/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shitty standards being implemented in browsers
pointless legal requirements
websites trying desperately to increase retention+revenue

It became acceptable to use anything other than html/css for front end

normies and boomers like it

A total lack of common sense of many parties involved.

im doing a web design module at uni and we're being told to use shit like bootstrap and 'oh yeah just download this javascript file that you have no idea what any of it does'
not a fan

Man you must browse some shitty ass sites.

To be fair, it requires a really high IQ to be a webdev.

Because of this there are only a few people who can make websites so they end up making them all the same.

Government. Half of these are due to boomer regulations to "protect" people.

Javascript

Hahahahahahahahajahajahahajajaha

>To be fair, it requires a really high IQ to be a webdev.

Attached: spurdo bordo drinking poison :DDDD.jpg (960x644, 192K)

ban javascript

>site "optimized for mobile use"
>10 MB in size
What did they mean by this?

HTML5

>What went wrong?
Plastic flower pots.

>Javascript
This, this and fucking this. Javascript is cancer

Attached: 20120226_Brendan_Eich_001[1].jpg (570x734, 47K)

Enterprise software which comes with "support" is unironically easier to set up than this.

Maybe we should start a stop Javascript movement.

Even he realizes how fucked it is. His browser comes with a Javascript blocker

hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359

JS frameworks that let 30 year old boomers with macbooks larp as developers.

Stallman's already doing it.

Even I got cucked into using vue in my frontends. I feel ashamed but at least I'm not retarded enough to use node for my backends.

nothing went wrong

ibm.com/plex/

Browser developers encouraging retards to be in charge of web.
It is funny, that Mozilla does not want anybody to stick their shitty code inside guts of of their browser, yet does not have issues with letting retards muck with web itself.
When you ask a web dev, why this kind of shit happens, they will usually respond, that "evil employers forced me to display nasty popups". Clearly, Javascript development must be a licensed area with government-enforced ethics.

>Mozilla does not want anybody to stick their ****ty code inside guts of of their browser
Meanwhile they've deeply integrated pocket, a service no one asked for.

holy fucking shit, what a mess

Why did you censor "shitty" in the quote?

>ibm.com/plex/

Attached: mikki hiiri silmät eyes.jpg (326x301, 16K)

I know a site is going to be great when it doesn't show anything with JS blocked.

Is there a filterlist for the 18+ shit? I've seen user scripts I think

I use a profanity filter browser addon because I'm weird and forgot to edit the post

not pictured is the 90% cpu utilization and custom scrollbars

>unable to right click and save images
>have to fuck around with inspect element
>even that doesn't always work

Attached: mfw.jpg (115x125, 3K)

uberhumor.com and lifehacker.com have the best webdesigns I've ever seen

by far

Attached: 1528700627671.jpg (300x300, 40K)

Javascript-based scrollbar implementations are great example how thoughtlessly exposing Javascript APIs backfired at browser vendors. Eventually it was discovered, that Javascript scrolling handlers aren't compatible with hardware-accelerated scrolling, so Chrome started complaining to debugging console when website uses them.
Yup, using background images in place of "img" tags is a plague. The worst thing about it? There are some legitimate reasons, why people do that. For example, most browsers support lazily loading background images, but don't lazy-load proper "img" tags (I think, that's because they are contractually obliged to load "img" tags eagerly by HTML spec). In other words, CSS background images are the only sane way to implement lazy loading of images without Javascript.
I think, that failure to display normal "Image Info" dialog for background images is more of browser issue, than website issue. Ideally, it should work the same way, — no matter if picture is a proper image, CSS background decoration or canvas.

come home and all will be okay

Attached: Lynx-wikipedia.png (1100x799, 16K)

Oof, this.

Why does every organization need their own font? This is the actual definition of a solution in search of a problem.

Attached: nice_meme.png (1920x1005, 92K)

Pretty neat tbqh

Delete this

Attached: 46d.png (692x390, 200K)

this also in my classes

And it only cost IBM 14 million dollars to design that font

They forgot the part where they beg for money and then instantly start playing video/audio ads hidden somewhere at the middle of a 50000 line page, also a triple layered solid grey block covering the page educating you about why adblock is theft, followed by another intermediary page for the NPC quote of the day, followed by another animation carting in user experience surveys.

>really high IQ to be webdev
>first language anyone learns is HTML/CSS

Free fonts for all
For all its intangible impulses for ditching Helvetica, IBM also had a very pragmatic reason. Until recently, it was spending over a million dollars each year to license Neue Helvetica for the company. Fonts are digital assets that companies license on a per-user basis and the digital typeface company Monotype owns the rights to Neue Helvetica.
Because of the cost factor, not all 380,000 IBM employees had access to Neue Helvetica on their machine, explains Yoo. Creating a custom typeface solves that inequity. Plex is now installed in every IBMer’s computer and will eventually be used be in all its products, ending Helvetica’s reign there once and for all.

I felt those cookies physically.
Did you just try to infect us with the NPC virus? Why not use a public domain font?

Google went wrong.

single page meme

I've never seen a single website like this.

Quite nice, test driving the bitch.