The iphone is the quintessential phone. it makes calls and texts reliably, can handle all basic apps...

>the iphone is the quintessential phone. it makes calls and texts reliably, can handle all basic apps, usually has a good camera, and its only a few hundred dollars.
Fast forward to today
>the iphone is the quintessential phone. it makes calls and texts reliably, can handle all basic apps, usually has a good camera, and its only a thousand dollars.
so why haven't you switched to android?

Attached: iphone-7-with-Lightning-adapter_1024x1024.png (1000x596, 338K)

>switched to android
Because they cost the same but are shittier.

The smartphone has replaced desktop PCs and the television for daily entertainment. Why is $1000 too much for you? They could easily cost $2000 since that's what a desktop PC was in the late 90's and only had a small fraction of the computing power.

>t.zoomer

>Because they cost the same
>the only android phones I know about are oneplus, samsung and pixel
>The smartphone has replaced desktop PCs and the television for daily entertainment. Why is $1000 too much for you?
you could make a dedicated gaming PC for less than that

Because I get my mother's iphone passed down to me for free every 3 years when they get new ones at work.

Also because things like pic related.

Attached: 1513406587775.png (980x1132, 119K)

>it makes calls and texts reliably, can handle all basic apps, usually has a good camera
Things that never happened.

Attached: 1516077974153.png (868x834, 232K)

Attached: 1524275761701.png (532x2612, 808K)

I mean, the iphone was the phone for people who just want a phone. the android was for people who wanted to emulate and shit and see how deep they could go. just speaking in generalization

>ZDNet

is there a better website to read Jow Forums related news/articles?

Actually Android are for people who don't ever want an OS upgrade.

>undervolting cpu = OS upgrade
sure thing bud :^)

If you mean consumer tech, which is all that Jow Forums is about these days, then there's a million sites about that. Do you want that or actual tech? Considering you're posting in a smartphone cancer thread probably the former. You have The Verge, Gizmodo, TechRadar, you name it.

how does the headphone dongle work? the port looks pretty big does it have a tiny dac hidden in the cable?

>and its only a few hundred dollars.
underage? iphone was $600 under a 2-year contract. the prices have phones have "gone up" because most people in the US don't have phone contracts anymore to subsidize the price of their phone.

>it makes calls and texts reliably
No, it doesn't.
From my experience iPhone had worst reception ever. Nokias had the best, until they got completely indian.
I miss my N81. Had 900 mAh battery, lasted for week... Symbian was fast.

>Why is $1000 too much for you?
It's too much for a poorfag status symbol.

>it makes calls and texts reliably, can handle all basic apps
Android still can't do that. Or anything reliably.

Also my SE was only a few hundred of dollars either way. Not like a few thousands for a smartphone is much, assuming it's worth it.

>makes calls and texts reliably, can handle all basic apps, usually has a good camera
Things iShit has never been able to do.

even using a smart phone. why even pay all that extra fee shit when you can do all that same shit at home.

Cuz there are better phones for cheaper. Never encountered anything my $200 phone cant do that I wanted it to.

Attached: Screenshot_20181009-193007_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 1.28M)

fpbp

>The smartphone has replaced desktop PCs and the television for daily entertainment. Why is $1000 too much for you?
Because for daily entertainment a TV and an entry level laptop with a shitty quad-core costs 200$ nowadays.

it already has a 3.5mm jack tho

Attached: usrs.jpg (513x510, 59K)

>t. Itoddler

>replaced
kys

not an argument pajeet

>Has only ever checked his email on a phone

>only a small fraction of the computing power
You mean like actually being able to program it, install apps that aren't specifically approved by the manufacturer, etc? That "small faction of computing power"?

>it already has a usb port tho

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

This would be ok if a $1000 phone did something that a $500 can't.

>The moment when you have laptop with Intel core i7 hq model with GTX 950m 4gb edition With fancy wireless and speakers with ssd and all shit you want
>Only for 800$
????????????????????????????

>use a Nokia 8
>people don't stop complaining how bad I sound when making a phone call
>receive a call from a firend with an iPhone 7
>sound is cristal clear
You don't only look like a poorfag with a lagdroid, you also sound like one

Disclaimer: I've never owned a single Apple device in my life