Open laptop literally anywhere

>open laptop literally anywhere
>whhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....WHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Do you guys think it bothers people?

Attached: 1491857260013.png (727x682, 168K)

Not as much as your presence, you scumbag frogposter.

Yeah keep your laptop at home

Yes

yes it does, what laptop do you have?

early 2011 macbook that I run windows on

well i'm gonna tell u alot ofthings u dont want to hear. first off windows 7-10 are super resource heavy which would cause the fan to turn on legit immediately, so if you are really keen on using windows atleast use an earlier version or buy another computer. of course, i reccommend you install linux on it, lubuntu prefferably. lubuntu has a similar windows feel and runs at 180 mb of ram on idle, and with i3 or another de can be under 100. try it out user! but again, if that's not your thing, just use XP. or you know, buy another laptop.

Attached: 1539621610533.jpg (500x636, 89K)

are you the kid that camped in our campus library last week for hours gaming on a dinosaur laptop that sounded like a turbine engine
even if you aren't, I want to strangle you

I-I'm just looking at powerpoint slides and the occasional lecture video

so you give that asshat a reply but not to me, a guy who actually tried to help you? fuck you user. i hope your fan makes you look more like an incel than you already are.

t. salty incel

Fuck people like you in the library. I go to the quiet zone to study i dont want to hear whirring from your fucking macbook. I shouldnt have to wear headphones to get silence

Use XP? XP? Are you retarded?
Aside from the fact that even just going on a website your pc can be hijacked. Why do you think software made in the year 2001 would be suitable man. MacBook from 2011 can easily handle Windows 7.

Enjoy your Wintard 7 bloat.

probably, unless you're in a classroom full of other people using laptops as well.
Of course, I cant be sure since I've never experienced this kind of problem as an x230 user, hehehe

Attached: 1503865245493.png (356x634, 221K)

They don't make 'em loud as they used to

Attached: boomer.png (593x134, 100K)

i'm not sure what sound that is. is it louder than people's squeeky ass shoes?
anyway, probably just repaste your cpu.

convert the slides to pdf. powerpoint is a resource hog.

>press the power switch
>whirrrrrrrrrrr
>brrrvrbrrbbrbrbrrrbrbrbrbrrrrrrbrrvbrrrrr
>tctctctctctctctctctctctctctctc
>3708kb OK
>BEEEP
>brrrvrbrrbbrbrbrrrbrbrbrbrrrrrrbrrvbrrrrr
>C:\>

XP isn't safe to use anymore because it hasn't gotten regular updates for so long. The only thing that's gotten patched on XP in the last decade is wannacry. user should be fine with 7 as long as he disables non-essential stuff.

I think your laptop fans are going bad.
I have a dinosaur laptop and it doesnt make a sound.

My laptop used to be like that back in highschool until I took a can of compressed air to it. Now it's nearly silent.

>Aside from the fact that even just going on a website your pc can be hijacked
imagine being this retarded

>white noise bothers him
some people are impossible to please

See, I forgot the exact noise that you tried, so I read it in my mind as a 30 year old basedchild gurgling the noises, and it gave quite a warm chuckle and made my day.

>open laptop literally anywhere
>completely quiet
>crashed while in sleep mode
>which it does about 2 out of 5 times
Feelsbadman - esp since its an HP, so it'll never, ever be fixed.

>idle
>move mouse
>violent BRRRRRBRRRRRRBRRRRRs

>well i'm gonna tell u alot ofthings u dont want to hear.
Same here, first of all. fully populated RAM will not consume more or less power than one that only has 180mib allocated. Second. windows 10 actually runs quite smoothly and performant if you discount the relatively high ram usage. fans in laptops start regardless of temparatures. this is default behaviour in windows 10 and many other distros due to the possibility to trigger overheat shutdown before temparature measures can be passed trough the OS. once the OS is started up the fans are slowly spinned down because thats the proper way to handle spinning blades trough EM induction. Your claim that windows is so resource heavy that fans keep spinning at idle is also misinformed. P states mostly determine SoC voltage of your cpu, and SoC voltage is the most impactfull metric in determining idle power usage. your windows system will remain in the proper low P state at idle and I have not found a single laptop that gets kicked out of that as long as you disable things like automatic updates ( Which is also the case for linux distros ) Your grievances with windows 10 are mostly valid but your arguments are flawed because a test based on those metrics wouldn't show linux or windows to be any better.

I am not claiming W10 is better, Operating systems simply do not improve every metric of hardware. only those that are truly affected by it like an old 2gb laptop.

>tfw my laptop sounds like a fucking jet and cant change the fan without literally disassembling every part of the computer because Acer thought that would be a good idea

I share your pain OP