Gui, hud programming

how do i programm a functional gui, hud?

what are some good resources can learn from?

want to program somthing pic related.

thank you in advance guys

Attached: ironman2.jpg (700x438, 94K)

bump

pleas :'(

opengl, maybe not best choice

Go with GTK+, you have docs and tutorial online. GTK+ is for regular programs. If you want something more fancy, try SFML or SDL for 2D, OpenGL or Vulkan for 3D.

Hire an artist to do the 2D stuff, code monkey

Step number one, stop thinking that pic related is usable, its trash

most people use a framework

whatever you do op dont do this, GTK is the fucking worst.

Start with some math. You're going to need to know the basic - integral calculus, polynomials, zero knowledge proofs, etc. It will take a few days to learn, then it will be easy.

>how do i programm a functional gui, hud?
A hud? A head up display? I guess like any graphical interface except maybe lower opacity to 50%

Why does he need that to program some graphics?

brainlet detected

these

have an example

Attached: videogayme_hud_in_2030.jpg (1024x768, 163K)

html, js, css would be the easiest and quickest way. There's a reason js is expanding to all sorts of applications: it's fucking easy. It's not very performant but it's okay I guess

...js with a well made, highly abstracted framework perhaps.

manipulating html via jquery even is pure pain

also what is OPs hud supposed to do? irl AR or what?

Even in web CSS is never the answer. JS is a pretty nice language to write in but the use cases are all garbage/ridiculous.

i want that program

i am using now periodic table but this looks cool

You should learn to at least ask a question that makes sense. Also, that UI is garbage.

The first step is to identify what the use case for your UI is, end write it down. Then, sit down with a pen and paper, and sketch out what you want. The next step is to make a mockup, either on paper or in a program like Balsamiq.

Then you implement it in whatever framework fits your use case. Is this a 3D game? Then you are stuck with the 3D API you are using (most times). Is it phone? Then use the phone's API. Is it web? I mean, you can't be that dumb, can you?

That doesn't look like a program any sane person would use, that looks like a screen to be used to fill a panel on a movie. Mouth breather detected.

If you're a brainlet faggot hipster who wants to be part of making the world more cancerous, go with JS/Electron.

If you're sane, go with JavaFX/Java 9 (Java 9 is modular which means you can shit your application with a lightweight JRE)

If you want max performance, go with Qt but it's going to be painful to learn C++/qt

If you're an idiot, GTK

Java 11 is out last month, wtf are you still doing with Java 9?
Also isn't JavaFX being deprecated?

>t. doesn't know shit about Java and yet talks about it
I said Java 9 because modularity was introduced with Java 9. JavaFX is not deprecated but has been seperated from the JDK/JRE because of the modular system that has been introduced in Java 9 which is a good thing because it enables you to ship your applications with a debloated JRE. The user won't have to install the Java JRE seperately (has always been possible but then you had a full blown JRE). Pic related is a comparison to Electron and bear in mind that Electron doesn't even come close to the performance of the JVM.

Attached: firefox_2018-10-23_03-36-32.png (684x176, 16K)

>UI dev is so fucked in 2018 than even JavaFX seems like a sane option.

Jesus Christ.

Please elaborate. What exactly is wrong with JavaFX? I bet you've never even tried it.

More like I've never heard of anyone using it.

Check out Bitwig

For a 2D GUI, he doesn't, really. Just knowing normalized screen coordinates is probably enough.

OP, use openGL for this. Btw, what platform are you doing this on?