Suggestions for a cheap, durable UMPC?

Suggestions for a cheap, durable UMPC?

I'd love something with a real keyboard I can type on for wardriving.

Attached: umidhand.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2009/04/oqos-brutal-les/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ipad pro

bump, i want a modern libretto

these were cute a long time ago, you should probly just get some old android phone with a keyboard in 2018 though. Dunno how easy good batteries are to come by.

Attached: serveimage?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fpicclick.com%2FZipit-Z2-Wireless-Messenger-Color-Screen-Keyboard-Wirele (400x272, 27K)

Literally any Android phone + USB OTG adapter + real keyboard.

they are fucking useless, i did the linux mod and its pisspoor wimpy.
JUST BUY A FUCKING GPD WIN 1 OR 2 ITS LITERALLY A PINNACLE TECHNOLOGY UMPC MODERN DAY

libretto is a toshiba laptop series spanning atleast back to the 99s, i think you are autistic.

If you meant the shitty intel centrino 1.6ghz single core dual screen pos, i had one, its huge like a fucking netbook, not a umpc and slow as fuck and barely can handle its two screens.

300mhz isn't useless, you're useless.

Do not buy chinkshit. You will get chinked.

>wardriving
Have you been living under a rock for the last 10-15 years?

autism speaks, unfortunately.
300mhz is useless for normal non autistic people that cant be carrying some useless toy with them that can do less then a phone worth $50 today. you would pay that much likely for the zipit and not get anywhere near a modern chink phones performance in the fucking GHz range with 4,6,8 cores vs a fucking single core .3GHz pos
get the fuck out of here autusmo.

>randomword
Have you been living under a rock for the last 10-15 years?

What's wrong with wardriving?

meant *90s not 99s
>Do not buy chinkshit. You will get chinked.
wow great fucking advice autismo, that sure is helpful
>apple is chink and poo shit
>likely buys it

samefag, no one cares, you responded to yourself so you could explain your pointless shit, go back to r/mildlyAutistic

I don't use a zipit in 2018 but it was nice in the 2000s since actual linux running devices are rarer than ever. A budget chink phone will never give you the boot options you need. You'll have to get like a flagship phone 10 generations back and they never really did keyboards.

Nah, never had an apple but apple having absolute control over a chink company makes it more western than chinkshit. GPDs have that classic DOA chink QC.

i'm sorry?

Attached: sf.png (171x78, 3K)

>GPD Pocket 2 is perfect
>But is too expensive

Fucking chinks, pay your slaves less REEEEE

shit, i never though a zipit would reach Jow Forums
mighty little devices..
got 3 of them and modding the kernel to work with 4Mb of ram so i can have the rest 28mb for myself.
Tough little cpu to work with though.. compiles main(){} with gcc on 10-13 seconds ...
Also with 320x240 and no joystick xorg isn't a pleasant option especially considering specs

>screenshot in attempt to prove not samefag
>insert picture explaining how screenshots can not prove you are not same fagging as you can edit them whether it be on desktop or mobile.
kys

why would you want the apple appearance knock off lower end pos that is much fucking larger, the gpd win 2 is smaller and higher spec.

I posted it less than 2 and a half minutes after that post. You think I've got a (You) template saved up and ready to go just to defend myself from samefagging?

oh god i never ran xorg on them fb only

dont be a dumbass, buy literally the only decent UMPC available atm

Attached: 2433259701514835336.jpg (2048x1152, 105K)

Because the gpd win is too fucking small, how you even type in those buttons

that keyboard layout still gives me nightmares and touchscreens were always a terrible idea.

try not being a fat fuck

>t. underage

The touchscreen is great because its mostly used just for scrolling. On a device this small it works for me.

The keyboard layout is fine except for the " key and enter key, sometimes i forget and accidentally hit enter instead of closing out my statement. Once you do it you dont fuck it up again for the rest of your typing session.

The best part? I had to use a macbook for work because my t580 was on backorder, and I compared the gpd win keyboard to the mac. I even got my fucking digtal caliper to measure travel and found they have the exact same travel depth but for some reason the gpd keyboard FEELS deeper. It has a very tactile click whereas the macbook is just softness and quiet, which is fucking awful.

A modern take on OQO would be pretty neat, though it would have to be cheaper, fuckers died because they cost more than a decent laptop.

Attached: oqo.jpg (804x536, 109K)

you missed a lot of distros ;D

can i get a rundown on OQO?
always lusted after them when i was a kid but never did too much research on them

They were ahead of their time, based on x86 hardware so they were pretty hefty and prices started at 1k and ran up to 2k for top spec. But the problem was that it was before mobile chips (cpus and gpus) and had hdds, so the battery life was very poor, and like I said, it was at the time when you started to see very cheap laptops for around 500 bucks that outperformed it with a full day battery life.

Wired made a decent article about it and it's foibles wired.com/2009/04/oqos-brutal-les/

or you could get dual fucking analog sticks, smaller more portable, more powerful, better looking non apple fag looking god win 2. It looks like you are hardcore trying to applefag with how close that shit was trying to be a macbook design just retardedly small. Its funny that sometimes people may not realize something is trying to initiate an item such as in appearance, and usually its a chink item such as this, then you point it out to them and they get extremely embarrassed, cant unsee it, and want to get rid of the thing. I think you may want to get rid of that sweetie. At least the gpd win 2 isnt trying to knock off the appearance of some preexisting shit and is actually extremely function.

it would be cool, the oqo 1 and 2 fucking sucked because of their shit wimpy hardware. Modern mobile intel shit like the core m3 as in the gpd win 2 would be perfect for this, and with how big the oqo 1 and 2 were, it could certainly be fit inside.

the second version has an optical mouse, it's super comfy, and it has a much better keyboard

Attached: photo_2018-10-14_16-26-37.jpg (440x164, 7K)

dude dont be such a retard holy fuck.

why would you want analogs on a UMPC. its called a game boy faggot

linux still suck on it but i find the gemini pda pretty good, now with fagdroid its my main and only phone.

I rather stab myself with a fork than coding with a fucking gpd win

linux was the only reason to buy them and they fucked it up.

yeah, the free driver for the mali gpu are in development maybe that can help. maybe sailfish is good enough i have yet to try

lima project is dead as hell

panfrost my friend

Attached: sonyvayop11.jpg (632x519, 73K)

Just sit and wait for the Pyra

Not him but using 4chanx it's literally a checkbox by a post to change if you posted it or not.

>code
*koding with klossy

GPD Pocket. Original might get cheaper since the 2 is out.

why do you retarded spergs obsess over people using smartphones for everything and get so angry and project so hard about this shit
like imagine how brainwashed you have to be to cry so hard about "autism" when you are literally telling someone to buy some weird off-brand phone made by a company called "dookee" or something equally fucking silly from an obscure chinese marketplace website and then ATTACH A FUCKING KEYBOARD TO IT AND BRING IT OUT IN PUBLIC instead of a small pocket computer that actually looks like it's made to be used as one and not just hacked up by some basement dwelling autistic who had to exploit security vulnerabilities and reflash the ROM with some sketchy garbage just to gain basic functionality

want to just tell myself you're just a bunch of dumb trolls or shills for these marketplace sites but it's just too much, like are you just insecure and think people who like shit like this think they're better than you or something? I mean they probably are since they aren't constantly crying and bitching in smartphone threads about people not liking what they like.

das a DS, nigga

Should I buy a shitty UMPC or another shitty thinkpad? I want a small and portable machine but don't know if palmtops are a meme or not

Just get a small real laptop like a Thinkpad X220

Attached: 251267-lenovo-thinkpad-x220[1].jpg (500x416, 21K)

And one of those car laptop mounts like cops have if youre serious about it

The Clitâ„¢ is ideal for one handed situations

I just hook up a 60% mechanical keyboard to my phone.

i feel as though a umpc would be TOO small, as in i understand the appeal of portability so much as it doesn't interfere with usecase as much. if im expected to type a lot, i at least want big buttons . i can barely fit both hands onto an hp mini/stream, i just cannot imagine something smaller. like where would you even place it? if on a desk surely there is enough room for something slightly bigger (like a mini laptop). if on your lap i feel like it would wobble around like fuck. nothing is designed to only be used by these things so it seems unnecessary

>Sony Vaio P
if you can afford it
>Acer ZG5
if you're poor

Ebay has plenty to choose from

samsung ativ, thin as shit and performant enough. used ones are around 600

Attached: samsung-ativ-book-9.jpg (770x613, 42K)

there are some, but not cheap.

i'd recommend this too.

But its fun, imagine having a little pc that you can pull out from your pocket and haves Windows. Cute

intel`s shiet with propellers unrelaible

>windows
alright maybe i understand fun but you aren't playing any games on this thing that you couldn't run better in linux

my hentai games dont run in linux