>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: dark rock pro TR4.jpg (1440x960, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/gif/1540145457219.webm
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
linustechtips
youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU
pc-specs.com/mobo/GigaByte/GigaByte_GA-AB350-Gaming/4179/Compatible_PSUs
pcpartpicker.com/list/jrLPYT
pcpartpicker.com/product/XvfmP6/asus-monitor-pg279q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that your rig is shit unless you use an INTEL CPU and NVIDIA GPU

I'm hoping AMD can at least get back to having a quarter of marketshare to make Intel at least remember there is another company in existence. I think AMD has shrunk to like 11% market share in recent years

first post, worst post

What do you mean, go- I mean boy?

Am I retarded
>just finished babbys first pc this morning
>did everything right
>read manuals
>didnt break anything
>monitor will not recognize display
>plugged hdmi in both gpu and I/O and neither gives a signal
>literally everything is spinning and lit up, including mouse and keyboard
>check ram, gpu, cables and cable management
>nothing appears to be wrong
I should have just stuck with building cars.

Attached: 1535081245232.jpg (1280x1280, 107K)

i.4cdn.org/gif/1540145457219.webm

replace each part in the build with another one so you can determine which part failed. you can't always do that visually.

Attached: merchant.gif (250x250, 2.17M)

ok so why do we hate Gigabyte mobos?

did you turn off the onboard video in the bios?

sounds fucking expensive mate

Attached: 1533076596865.jpg (475x475, 16K)

Would Jow Forums agree with this:

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Will give this a try and report back momentarily

Ahh, the infamous Shekel Shuffle.

>Linus

Attached: 1515049523529.png (421x248, 68K)

>>linustechtips
automatically no
dont need to click on the link
its a no from me

Is there any difference between dual-channel and single channel ram?
My mobo only have 2 slots, so I ordered 16gb single channel in case of a future upgrade. Am I retarded?

Attached: fgf12e7iylky.png (1014x720, 1.02M)

Is goodram good ram and ssd manufacturer?

Attached: GOODRAM_logo_001.jpg (800x477, 62K)

Quick question:
What's the difference between Samsung 850 vs 860 evo? Got a pretty good deal on a used 500gb 850 evo. Should I get it? What should I check before getting it?

Attached: 20181023_2001281185.jpg (1024x711, 136K)

youtube.com/watch?v=HHgxOXEQaFU intel investor meeting

Can't seem to get to it, I took out the GPU entirely and plugged the HDMI cable into the I/O and rebooted the PC, but I still get no video display.
Just checked the monitor and cord to see if they worked with my BD player and it does just fine.
When I had it opened I noticed a red diagnostic looking light on the motherboard next to VGA, but neither the mobo or GPU have VGA outputs.
I've already tried reseating the GPU and plugging in all its cables correctly.

hey thats pretty good, how is it done?

can anyone suggest a better motherboard for this build
must be
x470
SLI
AM4
ddr4
reasonably cheap

Attached: pcpartslist2electricboogaloo.png (693x845, 70K)

I can get:
Intel Xeon E3-1231v3
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
Noctua NH-D14,
Fractal Design Define R4
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB
for 200€.
Should I buy it?

Attached: 1528305543654.jpg (1170x1246, 350K)

Figured this might help
>MSI B450 Tomahawk mobo
>Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb GPU
>R5 2600X CPU

> Considering SLI/Crossfire

Don't do it man.

Don't fucking do it man.

Give a picture of the whole inside and back of case.
And first thing you should try is to unplug everything and build it again.

Not 100%, but it's close.
The big one that's off is putting CXM too high. Corsair changed manufacturers and they've been shit lately.

Ya, that sounds pretty great.
Here I was told eurocucks couldn't get Haswell i7 or equivolant Xeons for that price.

Not only is user considering SLI/Crossifre, but he's considering paying $380+ for shitty loud single fan GPUs that have like 30% lower performance than a Vega56 or 1070ti at the same price.
I think he's trolling.

I can vouch for those beQuiet fans, they're decent. I find them a pain in the arse to clean though.

Just ordered the Dark Rock Pro 4.
Never installed such a big cooler before, kinda worry its thiccness might damage the board in the long run. Shall I lay the case on its side to avoid such consequences?

CPU
>ryzen 5 1500X
RAM
>Kingston ddr4
GPU
>GT 1030
Motherboard
>Gigabite AB-350 Gaming
PSU
>Seasonic 600 W(SS-600ET F3)

My first PC Build, so I tried to be very pedantic building it but still...
After turning the computer on the motherboard has power, the fans have pover, LED have power, but PC doesn't boot (monitor simply doesn't even see any source).
So first of all, could PC fail to boot because I am using my old HDD which had windows on it?
And second of all, could PC fail because of incompatible psu (link below related)
pc-specs.com/mobo/GigaByte/GigaByte_GA-AB350-Gaming/4179/Compatible_PSUs
Any help would be appreciated.

I use a painting brush with flexible hairs or an antistatic feather. works good.

Looks like a good built 2 years ago. Do you work a McJob or something? An extra $300 would at least triple your performance.

That's a good idea, terrible for static but good for cleaning

Give me a case which gives me that business grade prebuilt look.

Attached: my jam.jpg (500x500, 29K)

not sure, probably on a rizen

Hate to ruin it but that's a shit build.
Anyways, where did you plug in the monitor cable, mobo or GPU? If it's the former then there's your mistake.

I am student, with side job (almost McJob i must admit), so yeah hadn't even extra $300

>Seasonic Focus Plus Gold
>in tier 2 not tier 1
a-are you kidding me?

How essential are case fans?

in GPU of course

Depends on your case

First build here lads, if anyone could spare some advice that'd be great.

pcpartpicker.com/list/jrLPYT

Budget: 1300 - 1700 euro's
Use: Gaming and game development (Level editing & 3D modeling)

Monitor: Not included in the build but I plan on buying this Asus monitor when I get a new paycheck.
pcpartpicker.com/product/XvfmP6/asus-monitor-pg279q

If anyone could tell me how retarded this is and why, that'd be great

>shit build
other than the psu overkill, what makes it shit?

>So first of all, could PC fail to boot because I am using my old HDD which had windows on it?
No. Unplug your drive if you don't believe me.
>And second of all, could PC fail because of incompatible psu (link below related)
Very unlikely.
Kind of sounds like the onboard video is still enabled, but that processor doesn't have iGPU so I'm not sure.
That mobo has two PCIe slots, is the GPU in the top slot?
Try booting with the HDD unplugged. Nothing will likely change.
After that, remove the RAM completely and try booting with no RAM in it at all. It should beep. After that, put the RAM back in and try to boot again. If that doesn't work, try reseating the GPU.
Just a few ideas.

>If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs next year
Literal disinfo in the OP, kys.
7nm consumer chips aren't even on the roadmap you shill

1030 is dogshit, 1500X in 2018 is a bad choice and my guess is the RAM is either 2133 or 2400 which is too slow for Ryzen.

Just tried resetting CMOS and starting it without the graphics card again but still got the VGA light.

Attached: IMG_20181022_155551223.jpg (2304x4096, 2.16M)

will try it, thx

Guess all I can do is try to rebuild it again.

Attached: IMG_20181022_155607289.jpg (2304x4096, 3.93M)

Currently have an old PC with a ded GPU

Plan on building a new pc from the ground up with a new ssd and everything

How can I go about transferring my pictures and videos and files from my old ssd to the new one? Any way besides USB?

Could I plug it into SATA and would it show up in my computer for me to pull stuff from or would the fact it has a C drive with boot stuff fuck everything up?

>1060 3Gb
It's not plugged in
Looks like you plugged it into the motherboard but there's no iGPU to video out.
Also you mounted your cooler the wrong way. It should be blowing out the back. Looks like that's going to blow hot air onto the back of your GPU.

Parts are dirt cheap. It might be all the boy needs/can afford.

2 would be the sane minimal, one intake one outtake. Bare minimum is 1 fan.

Your CPU (2600X) does not have an integrated GPU. You cannot get video out from your mobo, there is literally no graphics card there (the outputs are for APUs - 2600X is not an APU). You can only get a video out through your GTX 1060.

Check the manual for what the red VGA LED means. Make sure the graphics card is plugged in securely and tighten it in with screws on the back on the case. Don't forget the graphics card's power cable. If all else fails try it in a different PCIe slot, you never know.

You might want to try your graphics card in a friend's PC or try a friend's graphics card in your own PC to try to diagnose the issue.

>no video card
Hurr why doesn't it work
>inb4 I am trying to use IGPU on a CPU with no IGPU

It's not in the PC in that pic, thats's my wireless NIC
Will swap the fan around though, thanks.
Ah, I didn't know I didn't have on-board
Maybe after resetting CMOS it would have been good except for me not plugging the card back in.
I'll reset it again and then restart with it back in and the fan turned around too.

Attached: 1484940672305.gif (720x405, 1.69M)

Yeah derp, I didn't know the CPU didn't have on board but the only reason the card is out right now is because it wasn't working with it in, so I figured I needed to go turn off on board with BIOS first thanks to someone else's suggestion before I mentioned my CPU.

Should I install the cpu before taking the brackets off? I'm worried about crushing something on the underside of the motherboard against the table if the backplate isn't there to prop things up, but I'm also worried about the screwdriver slipping and scratching the cpu.

SLI is not a wise choice on X470. There aren't enough PCIe lanes. You need a CPU/mobo with at least 2 x16 slots or SLI will choke due to not having sufficient GPU-to-GPU bandwidth. This means you either need a CPU with 32+ lanes (TR/Skylake X) or a mobo with a PLX chip (there are like 2 Z390 ones out there).

X470 is a bad choice since there are no X470 mobos with PLX chips as far as I know.

Might want to try removing the wireless card too, if something might be broken you never know what sort of funky behavior you'll get.

>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
Don't think you're gonna need 32GB anytime soon so...

There will be no problem if you plug it into your new PC. In fact, unless your case space is tight, I'd use it (as a secondary drive or whatnot - wouldn't through away an SSD that works).
One suggestion, install Windows first on the new SSD and do not plug your old one (or any HDD at all) before you do so or it could place the boot files and stuff on old SSD/HDD.

There won't be a fuckup but you may have troubles removing previous Windows installation footprints. In fact I am using an old HDD from prev build and til this day I have some garbage folders cuz am too lazy to format it moving all data back and force or deal with that fucked up retardation called file permissions (lulz I cannot even imagine how boring is life of Linux users since they have even more bullshit of that kind).

>Could I plug it into SATA and would it show up in my computer for me to pull stuff from or would the fact it has a C drive with boot stuff fuck everything up?
You can plug it in of course. Since it's going to be bootable you'll have to set your boot priority correctly to make sure the system boots from the new SSD instead of the old one, that's about it.

>If anyone could tell me how retarded this is and why, that'd be great
It seems okay instead of the hard drive. Get WD.
And even if you do not it is fine.

>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
This list better have proofs instead of generalized blanket statements.

Asus has Turbo (reference), Strix and Dual. Dual has 2 fans.

Gigabyte has Turbo (reference), Gaming, Windforce and Aorus. Other than Turbo all three have 3 fans, even Aorus uses Windforce fans.

MSI has Aero (reference), Sea Hawk (liquid AIO and custom CLC), Armor, Ventus, Gaming X and Duke. Armor and Ventus both have dual fans. Gaming X uses the newest fan design while Duke uses the slightly older fan design, either way they're all using three fans.

Zotac has Gaming and Gaming AMP, their mini versions only have twin fans while the Gaming AMP can have two or three fans.

EVGA has XC, XC Ultra and FTW3. All XC models have two fans but the XC Ultra is much thicker. All models use the same kind of fans (iCX2).

Palit has Dual, GamingPro and Jetstream. All of their cards have dual fan designs.

NZXT H700.

Honestly brand autism on anything other than PSU is a waste of time

>turned fan around
>put GPU back in
>reset CMOS (again)
I'm in. I'm also retarded for not getting this right the first time somehow.

Attached: 1528504264465.jpg (800x472, 42K)

What exactly are you misunderstanding?
Nothing there says that dual fans are bad.

Brands are worthless in the era of constantly changing suppliers. You find which brand is currently selling the best manufacturer's dram as it changes

Is it worth paying about $200CDN more for an ASUS PG279Q over a Dell S2716DG? Am I going to get screwed by bad ASUS QC/service?

Attached: stheno treasure.png (960x540, 976K)

just built pc, how do i disable all the windows/nvidia telemetry shite? i forgot the program names.

Nobody will be able to tell you from the other 800k Rajeeshes, Rajeesh. I wouldn't worry about it.

You don't.

That was such a worthless post.

can anyone recommend a fan controller with analog dials and rpm gauge that doesnt suck ass?

soooooo wait for poozen2?

QC is shit on all gaming(TM) monitors including the Dell, QC is also shit on AUO panels which the PG279Q uses.
Support should still be better at Dell but desu nowadays if your not a B2B customer you will get the dick either way.
As far as monitors.. the S2716D is said to have some banding/ghosting issues but idk if that is true.
I can only tell you that the PG279Q is a fucking glorious monitor. If I had the money I'd run mutltiple of those. Just keep in mind that you are buying an IPS lottery ticket along with the PG279Q.

Congrats!

you've just posted it.

whats a cheap monitor that i can find used that has a stand that will rotate to portrait mode, is at least 1200 vertical pixels, and has an led backlight?

Thanks, user. I'm gonna grab the PG279Q from a local store so I'll return it in the 14 days if I get a shit one.

I got a Corsair 200R because I wanted that aesthetic as well, but it's still not as good as what you posted.
Might look better once I've filled all 3 of the optical drive bays.

Depends on your case

Not all cases are created equal

Not all case fans are good enough, its usually the things that manufacturers skimp in order to bring down prices

If you hate stock fans just get static pressure Noctua fans

Rtx 2070 founder, which brand to buy?
Doing a fresh build.

Galax

how to i keep cigarette smoke from ruining the inside of my computer
>inb4 dont smoke around computer

Which is... basically what the OP says?
It doesn't say any BRANDS are bad it says some MODELS are.

Nixeus seems to have good GC since their latest models, at least for the ones they sell through Newegg.

HP ZR24w i used to see refurbished a lot.

get a case with filters and clean them regularly
also stop smoking inside your house you disgusting piece of trash

I'm looking at the PG279Q and the Acer Predator XB1

Should I go for Asus or Acer?

Anyone here tried a passive build? I think I could make it work, only problem is I can't control the PSU fan. Also HDD makes noise, but there's not much you can do about that.

What country is intel based out of?

>smoke outside like an animal
my computer is in the garage and thats where cigarettes are smoked

Enjoy!

Attached: 1444659371284.jpg (301x267, 25K)

>only problem is I can't control the PSU fan
You can open it up and remove the fan entirely.
Just don't draw more than ~20% of rated load.
And just don't kill yourself on a capacitor when you open it up.
Or get an actual fanless PSU.
>Also HDD makes noise, but there's not much you can do about that.
Maybe pretend you're in the future year of 2018 where you can get SSDs for cheap and don't need HDDs at all.

Don't know how could not have buyers remorse over either, really, given that they're inferior to Freesync monitors like that Mbest one, 27Edg and PX277h which cost half as much.
May as well flip a coin.

If you are too fat and lazy to go smoke outside your only option is to smoke near a window. You'll also need to clean your PC more often.
But your best option is to just go outside or into a different room.

Attached: 1455080896846.jpg (960x540, 47K)

>Anyone here tried a passive build?
Eh, I don't really see the point. You can get very quiet fans and even having a little bit of airflow is much better than relying on natural convection alone.

Israel

Enjoy your build!

Attached: 1474735636717.png (708x566, 460K)

Go outside to smoke and get some fresh air while you're there you absolute savage. There's nothing like a dart on a cold winter night.