Third-world-shithole habitant here...

Third-world-shithole habitant here. I am building pc right now and thru watching tons of videos on youtube(and reading countless threads on forums) i came to a question:

Why do you people living in USA\Canada\UK\etc even care about low- or mid-budget pc components? Or used components?

With average salary of $80k a-year can't you just go and buy i9-2080ti-64g-ram-ssd2tb from one month wage? For example, average salary in my country is about $3k-$4k per year, so what you can buy from 1 month of work i should keep for year or two(cos i need to live of something).

Attached: 15385725400210.jpg (640x640, 107K)

>i9-2080ti-64g-ram-ssd2tb
I don't need an Intel i9 CPU, Nvidia 2080 GPU or 64 GiB of RAM.

we have millions of unemployed and low wage scum here too.

>$80k
Fuck, I wish

Because burning money is the sign of the eternal poorfag. Same reason why you shouldn't buy entry level shit. Value is a thing.

And that mindset is one of the main reasons why you're a thirdworlder. Thanks for proving once again that it's street-shitters like you that constantly shit up this board.
Now get out.

>Because burning money is the sign of the eternal poorfag.
But that's nothing - if a can get such pc in month i will do it immediately

Because:
- the average salary isn't really representative
- some people would rather save up some money instead of spending it all
- some are in debt
- you have taxes to pay
- you have to pay your rent, gas/power bill, put gas in your car, insurances, ...
The list goes on

Rich countries dont stay rich if everyone spends all their money as it comes in, that's called living paycheck to paycheck and plenty of people do it here or they supplement it with debt. Then only the Jews win.

Just to give you an example OP, I currently have a salary of $50k US per year, then my government steals $14k of it, so I only feel comfortable spending two weeks worth of pay on a PC build, which is roughly $1400. I could spend a months wage or more, but that would be irresponsible of me.

Diminishing returns on an investment that will be obsolete entirely within the next 1-2 years is not something someone wise enough to make 80+k a year would do. The trick is to buy components where price:performance is great while still maintaining something useful for whatever the task of the machine is.

Let's look at the facts: 2x 1080tis is $1100 right now, 1x 2080ti is $1300-1500 with a retail price at $1200 but completely out of stock everywhere. The relative performance of a single 2080ti does not match SLI performance of 2x 1080tis. Now, because I'm not an actual retard, and have lots of experience with SLI, I know how to use driver profiles and alternative afr modes to get at least 70-80% scaling out of any game, not even limited to just modern, but even DX8 games like morrowind, I can get working with SLI flawlessly, there is not one single title available that I can't make SLI work for, so I know the 2080ti is not 70-80% higher performing than the 1080ti, not even really 50%, to be realistic, so I'm going with the cheaper, non-dimishing return that will also retire in 1-2 years, but will get the job done until then while not breaking the bank, and performing overall better.

the question is
do i need it ?

i don't need super strong pc for memong on Jow Forums so i don't buy parts that are super pricey
what about 2tb ssd for super fat meme storage ?

No non-professional needs 2TB SSDs. You'd just fill it up with anime or some other shit which might as well sit on a spinning drive.

I'm a poorfag and want to save my money up. Also you don't need the best pc parts for a good pc.

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.
Also, you overstimate how much money you really have at the end.
Europoor here:
80k $ -> 70k € which is a fucking huge salary (avg is 40 or 50k€ max)
Goverment takes directly or indirectly more than half that.
Pay 1000€/month to the jews of the bank for your morgage
Insurances, phone cost, water, electricity
Food (can change a lot, but lets say 7~10€ /day or 3000 a year)

And thats without counting car maintenance or taxes (fucking expensive) gas and sure other stuff Im sure Iforget

So at the end of the year you can get maybe 1/6 of your initial income as saving, so no, even with a fuckhuge salary like that you shouldnt use it for maxing your pc rig

The predominance of that sort of short-term thinking is what makes some countries third world shitholes.

Attached: 1496301790186.jpg (918x880, 99K)

>muh joos
Rent-free

>With average salary of $80k a-year can't you just go and buy i9-2080ti-64g-ram-ssd2tb from one month wage?

You might, but it's a really fucking stupid way of spending that money unless you desperately need to.

$80k is near the top end of normal wageslaves, after income tax it becomes $59k. Renting an apartment costs $1600 a month at least. Car insurance is around $200 a month for experienced drivers, gas will run you another $200 at least. Car payments, student loans, kids, ex wives. Shit adds up fast, everything is expensive and you pay tax on top of tax on top of tax.

Life is great for a single guy making that kind of money and living out of a rented room. You can buy all the toys you want. If you have a GF/wife and kids forget about it, you'll be living pay cheque to pay chque.

Don't forget to mention that you don't have public healthcare so you have to save $200,000 for the day that you have to go to the ER.

>implying you can trigger amerilards with the health care meme
They glady will get on debt if that means less taxes and less government power.

Attached: La Luz Extinguido 2.png (719x538, 198K)

> With average salary of $80k a-year
Maximim bait.

My sis worked in US as architect, had $100k+ salary and couldn't really afford anything special other than vintage 70's Camaro as DD car.

>average salary of $80k a-year
that isnt the average salary anywhere aside from nordic countries
salaries here are high but so are costs of living.
average graduate salary in sydney is 55k.
40k after tax
rent on a one bedroom apartment is 25k.
food isnt cheap
nothing is cheap
people have girlfriends and social responsibilities which arent cheap either
money has to be put away for overseas holidays or people will think you're a loser, you also need to save a deposit for that future 900k mortgage that you'll die still paying off.

this isnt even including expenses like fuel, transport, medical issues that come up

Because some random nigger always has the urge to shoot stray bullets in the streets in USA and then you end up bankrupt because of the medical system there.

>They'd rather be in debt slavery than letting the gov steal them with taxes
Eh

Wiki is wrong?

>money has to be put away for overseas holidays or people will think you're a loser
>The predominance of that sort of short-term thinking is what makes some countries third world shitholes.
i see

Hello fellow shithole resident.
The fact that the people in the us/uk or other places earn more is semi-irelevant because they have to spend more. Once me plus my mates calculated how a walmart employee in utah, theoritically has a good 2000-6000 bucks leftover end of every month. I think, if a walmart employee form utah heard this, he would laugh and disagree.

Majority of people have income way below the average.

Attached: us-income-distribution.gif (1210x720, 73K)

>save for medical costs
That's retarded, no financial expert will ever tell you to save for medical bills "just in case." If you have some chronic condition you budget for it, if you have certain risks that would warrant such high bills you can find insurance for it, and if you end up in a catastrophic amount of debt thanks to medical costs theres many charities that will help you pay it off.

What """enlightened""" yuroshitters and lefty soibois dont understand is that our medical bills are so high because hospitals are greedy and dont have to advertise prices to foster competition. Getting big daddy government to pay the bill does not fix this problem, and I'd rather not lose even more of my pay to taxes. Theres already plenty of countries who do that, and I'm not pleased with the results.
>tfw you lose enough money for a new gpu every 2 weeks and leftists want to steal even more

>two different people
>implying the points correlate

>our medical bills are so high because hospitals are greedy and dont have to advertise prices to foster competition
The free market will fix it, right?

As long as this way of thinking stays inside the wall I'm ok with it.

>majority
>below the average

Attached: 1e564d7dfde33ba0619e50c2bfe7d5f0e58d0f1412f30bb79db5c6fd094452c7.jpg (665x574, 64K)

This. We live in a consumerist culture, make more money spend more money until you die. It is dark but on the bright side if you can escape that trap you are on your way to being a literal millionaire by the time you retire.

It's almost like the average is bullshit and you should rather use the median income for a more accurate representation

nigga, you serious?
there are poorfags everywhere.

Literally yes. In the US is used to cost $5000 for lasik surgery because it was new and no places performed the surgery. The government didn't get involved with regulation of pricing, and now it costs about $500.

Good, and you can stay in your healthcare utopia where you need to wait 17 hours to get a broken arm set and you only lose 40% of your income to taxes for it.

>Literally yes
That's why the US have the worst life expectancy of any Western country I guess

That's our diets, user.

Fair enough

>nigga, you serious?
>there are poorfags everywhere.
I really don't understand it. People cry about pc prices but all they have to do is to work for a month and viola you have fucking king of the hill pc for next four or five years. I am talking about impossibility(by legal means) of buying such pc in my country, if you are not willing to work two years just for it.

>healthcare utopia

My dad died recently of brain cancer. He was sent for a CT, next day he had MR and few days after that he was on operating table.

Remained in the hospital for few weeks, than had rehabilitation for a month. After that care at home was provided, physical therapist, masseur. All the drugs where paid by the govt, dozens of rides to and from hospital, special food and etc.

It all costed my family $0. Dad died in the end but this all at least prolonged his life for two years. I can not imagine having to also care about financial side in all that misery and suffering let alone not being able to pay for it.

So fuck off tard. Wall is not there to keep others out but to keep you in.

The average salary in the UK is just under £28k which is around $36k. not even half of what you stated

You don't seem to be getting it. Sure, people earn enough to be able to spend that much on a PC, but it's a very stupid idea to do so, when you can put that money towards retirement, a nice vacation, invest, car repairs etc. A PC of that price is a luxury item - you can play games just as well on machines that cost a tenth. And buying luxury items is something that very few do, regardless of how wealthy their society is.

You're missing the fact that we pay taxes, cost of living is substantially higher and 80k is a pipe dream for most people on here.

I walk away with £1500 per month after tax, then after mortgage, car, bills, food, etc I have around £500 disposable income. The 2080ti alone is like £1100. Spending 3k on a gaymin pc still requires months of saving

good luck little duck

ok, i will cut it in half cos taxes and other stuff. So you are telling me what $1260 free money a month is bad? I am saving my changes for half a year to make such free money.

>Renting an apartment costs $1600 a month at least. Car insurance is around $200 a month for experienced drivers, gas will run you another $200 at least. Car payments, student loans, kids, ex wives. Shit adds up fast, everything is expensive and you pay tax on top of tax on top of tax.
Shit, is what why USA show so high salaries?
Here, a 100m2 apartment is like 700€ a month, car insurance is max 300€ a YEAR, we don't have student loan because education is free...

Attached: E6yemGS.png (640x480, 118K)

Lots of good points but one other is the fact that just because it's the most expensive doesn't mean it's the best. The newest model coming out usually means the last one goes down in price and if the improvements are minimal it makes more sense to buy the cheaper one.

>I have around £500 disposable income.
It's still more than double my entire month income.

300 yurobucks a year for insurance is pretty gud.

for the first 4 years of driving you'll be lucky to get insurance on a 1 litre for less than £500 without making a single claim in that time

>Lots of good points but one other is the fact that just because it's the most expensive doesn't mean it's the best.
I can hardly believe what pc with most expensive gaming parts can be worse in gaming what a pc with not so expensive parts.

>appeal to emotion
Yeah that sucks user, I'm sorry for your loss. No I'm not gonna let the government steal from my wallet to pay for your dad, sorry. I would give some money to charities that could help him, but that's not at gunpoint.

>Renting an apartment costs $1600 a month at least. Car insurance is around $200 a month for experienced drivers
You must live in a shit hole like California. I only pay 600 for a 3 bedroom house in Western PA. You getting robbed.

And that's half what it cost for a service on my car.

I wish I could pick up food for as cheap as you
Wish i didn't need to pay as much tax, or pay £600 a month for rent. Do you understand the differences in economies?

If you got the parts for free then yes but things cost money and paying 100s of dollars for a few extra frames isn't worth it especially if the game is already running at max FPS..

This

>And that's half what it cost for a service on my car.
>I wish I could pick up food for as cheap as you
>Wish i didn't need to pay as much tax, or pay £600 a month for rent. Do you understand the differences in economies?
No i don't really. I don't have a car, i live with my parents and two brothers. I don;t understand what you are talking about.

why would i drop $800 on a GPU that would become obsolete in four years when i could spend the same amount on a bond or something that would make money

As I said I'm ok with it as long as it stays inside your borders.

World needs a place like US. It's one big fucking lottery system where stake is life itself and for every winner there has to be hundreds of losers. Most likely you'll be one of the suckers but if you make it you'll make it big. There's certain appeal of that, risk taking and adrenaline rush but I prefer being spectator rather than active participator of system like that.

Trump wall when?

how much is a can of coca cola

he's mexican and will work for minimum wage.

>how much is a can of coca cola
0.25l is 50 cents

>I'd rather be a soiboi with daddy government as my safety net
Good luck with those refugees, my man :^)

Reminder that the US has more illegals living in the country than the entire population of Belgium

okay cool
that's around 38p
250ml of coca cola here in 70p
almost double the price. and that's only coca cola. the UK is a small 'wealthy' island can you imagine how expensive land is? What about a car? fuel prices here are very very high at around $1.7 per LITRE of regular unleaded petrol.

Don't have anything against immigrants, they provide much needed workforce for low tier jobs that make those more affordable for everyone.

Good point, we should do something about that. Also reminder that the US has a comparable population to all of Europe.

>Also reminder that the US has a comparable population to all of Europe
Yeah, you're just short of 200 millions people

>the UK is a small 'wealthy' island can you imagine how expensive land is? What about a car? fuel prices here are very very high at around $1.7 per LITRE of regular unleaded petrol.
You still have more free money left in month than my ENTIRE income in TWO MONTHS! Total, whole income in two months what will be spent on food and taxes and turn into MAYBE $100, can you understand?

Like whole US population is only a dot after billion of Chinese population.

That ain't gonna end well.

At least chinks are civilized.
While Poos still poo in the streets

I said comparable, as in it's more sensible to compare the populations of the EU and the US, rather than comparing the US to say Belgium.

Yeah no free monies after all expenses.

Sure I have lots of shit. Nice big apartment with garage, another small one on the coast, car, truck, never eat at home. Expenses add up, utilities, fuel, taxes. At the end of the month I have almost nothing left. My desktop is 5 years old.

>caring about the population of a human ant colony
I'm quaking in my boots.

>ant colony
And what is wrong with ant colonies exactly?
Ant colonies are based and redpilled.
- Absolute and unquestioned ruler/rulers
- Every ant is willing to die for its colony
- Every ant is fit and the weaklings are killed on the spot
- No Jews
- No Russian meddling

GOOD LUCK LITTLE DUCK

Wow, somebody woke up! Turns out that high expenses of living go hand in hand with a high standard of living. Who would have thought? You need a lot of disposable income to buy a rig that OP described from one month's salary. Disposable income comes from either managing your money or earning enough to satisfy all your needs for comfort.

Because not everyone makes those figures and with being a non third world shithole country there are also extra costs such as taxes, insurance, bills for shit involving health and dental, costs for rent or mortgage and savings. These are things that make our country less shitty than yours.

Average salary in the UK is around £21,000/$25,000.

Attached: IMG_20181020_180803.jpg (3648x2736, 2.68M)

Even with a high interest and frequency return you'd optimistically be looking at a max of $200.
>Poorfag thinks 200 is a lot of money
I can't wait until the class wars when the actually worthwhile members of society can eradicate you pathetic fucking wastes of space.

>These are things that make our country less shitty than yours.
Yeah. So you are saying what having all those expenses, just like we do have here too, makes your country less shitty?

Except this ant colony is also full of ants that like to cut corners to get the work done and the other ants have a cultural issue with confronting the ants who do this so the quality of the ant products can be quite low. Also, the hill is very polluted and will be really affecting the ants in the near future.

GOOD LUCK LITTLE DUCK

Average household income is like 55k afaik. With all the expenses and mortgages you'd be happy to save like $500 per month. That's why $400-500 is a magic price of affordability in tech. If a single item costs more than that people would not impulse buy it.

Attached: foreskun.jpg (250x250, 7K)

That’s niggers. The US has the highest recovery rates for almost every medical condition.

GOOD LUCK LITTLE DUCK

>average income

Attached: Distribution_of_Annual_Household_Income_in_the_United_States_2010.png (3742x2510, 251K)

The cost of living is all relative. One month's wages isn't one month's wages either. Most of it goes to rent, utilities, insurance, groceries, and a myriad of other tiny expenses.

And you may not realize it but all of the best computers are used. From my Sun Ultra 25 to my SGI O2 to my ThinkPad T60. New computers are all just the same worn out trash in a less appealing case and form factor and they aren't meant to last.

Attached: 1539287099287.jpg (753x1160, 95K)

>filename
my sides are now floating in the orbit

I live in Montana
>Renting an apartment costs $1600 a month at least
I pay half that

>Car insurance is around $200 a month
I pay less than half that

>gas will run you another $200 at least
I use about $40 a month in gas

Stop living in Los Angeles and bitching about it.

That's not how it works here. You see, user, private corporations run our McGovernment, so they simple passed a law requiring us to have health insurance.

good duck little luck

Amazing, if everyone was you, you would have made a valid point.

Attached: Gttelling+someone+who+just+wants+sauce+to+off+_21d21bca69f151b468a11c41bc127c31.jpg (275x325, 19K)

I make almost 110k a year

I can spend maybe 10k a year of that on stuff that's non-critical, cost of living here is insane and I only have a girlfriend, no kids or anything.

that being said I do have a 7700k and a 1080ti, so I don't feel a need to upgrade right now (probably won't touch this run of RTX cards until absolutely necessary), I rarely stress my gpu to throttling and it's an itx card. and I still run at 1080p120fps usually and it's fine

>17 hours to get a broken arm set

I live in one of the lowest doctor/patient areas in canada and I've never heard of anyone with a major bone break not getting it taken care of in less than an hour. Maybe random people in the cities fall through the cracks but it's better to wait a day in pain than to not go to the hospital for fear of medical charges and have your bone set in a way that permanently fucks you. I read a story about an american who set his leg in a concrete block and burn all the skin off his foot with chemical burns as a result, and he drank himself into a coma to cope with the pain.

American hospitals may be slightly faster but they are stupid expensive at least in canada you wouldn't have to rely on the charity of random strangers that may or may not come through to pay medical bills, or any bills, for that matter. I bet you think below minimum wage jobs with tipping to supplement wages are also god's blessing. Dumbass. This is why you have people working 40 hour weeks that are poorer than dirt.

Im just gonna go over hear to the job tree and grab a job that makes "average salary" and buy myself a new PC next month with all this free money I have.

Thanks for the idea you dumb underaged mexican

use brain
earn money
invest

repeat