You shouldn't be able to make money from youtube. You need to get a real job like a normal person...

You shouldn't be able to make money from youtube. You need to get a real job like a normal person. The original youtubers didn't make money from yt and neither should current youtubers. You shouldn't be able to make millions making internet videos. Fuck you.

Attached: 1539545863160.jpg (400x323, 51K)

>hurrdurr i missed on the easy bux

Yeah, and typically their videos are trash. The benefits of videomaking are the videos themselves, only someone who likes their content can survive in such system, so you don't get all this 999999999999 sub gaymer playing fortnite/minecraft & elsagate bullshit.

I don't mind people making money from youtube, but every time I see a thumbnail with the attentionwhoring creators face over the top fakelaughing on a bright background, I want to pull them through the screen and do inhumane things to them.

The worst part is that pretty much all of them are like that now.

I don't agree that you shouldn't be able but I think that this ad platform is highly ineffective.
>never seen a viable ad that I would consider affecting me
>most popular channels get millions of views from children or toddlers who are basically unaffected
If I was a company I'd rather push my ads to 10k reasonable middle age adults than 10 million toddlers while YouTube enforces the opposite - all channels which are in any way mature or attractive to adults get steadily demonetized. Music and child friendly channels get promoted. Sane and conscious people skip ads, people who watch the video for happy colors and music keep them on, skewing the statistics.
This can't be sustainable and I'm surprised the adpocalypse didn't happen sooner.

Don't hate youtubers, hate retards who pay them and yourself for being unable to capitalise on it.

>kids are unaffected by ads
>not bullying their parents into buying shit so they don't get bullied at school for being poor

The problem are not the youtubers who "made it" and can live off adds.

The problem is all those shitty e-beggars who want to live off youtube so they con stupid people into giving them "donations".

But that's not the kind of things that are advertised on YouTube.
It's relevant for like Jake Paul merch/iphones or something, but those are advertised separately.
All I see shilled in built-in ads is mundane shit like oldspice and Tesco discounts.

>You should earn your living through loathsome cubicle make-work like I have to, that's what REAL men do.

Back to

Why do you communists hate capitalism?

Speak for yourself, commie.

Name a single youtuber that lasted more than 3 years in popularity without quitting, becoming irrelevant or becoming what they hated.

Nobody is a career youtuber, they get their few months of fame and get chewed out.
At the very least they're only internet famous and get to live their life without being harassed like a real celebrity.

What about Pewdiepie?

Im starting to think thumbnails are designed to be irritating. Which raises the question, who are the faggots that see a thumbnail, get irritated, and decide "ya that's the video I want to watch"

not op but imo pewdiepie is a very interesting case, he made what i call the flithy frankening of youtube mainstream, making better, more ironic and funnier content at the expense of some revenue options was a great long term decision

I agree on all accounts but,
>Sane and conscious people skip ads
Sane and conscious people block ads.

Attached: ebb.png (1000x1049, 273K)

>stop liking things I dont like: the post.

imagine how retarded your argument would look if you were talking about TV instead. i understand that it's a bit unfair how the ones making low effort content on the site do get rewarded more than those with actual talent dedicating a ton of time and energy into their craft, but you can't just assume that NOBODY deserves to make money from it simply because you don't think the most popular ones deserve it

the fine bros have jewed up the site pretty consistently for at least 8 years or so now

Influencers should off themselves.

Face is included because people click on thumbnails with faces on them. They click at a higher percent when you make a weird face. I’d stop doing it if faggot users would stop clicking. Basic thumbnails with relevant info have poor click rates.