pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last Clack >68167117

Attached: Ducky_One2_Mini.jpg (980x430, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n3_wTUpTb0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dang messed up that last thread

>Ymdk

Wow, first time I hear of them. Their prices for PBT are even cheaper than other chinese like TaiHao and EnjoyPBT, sets are gorgeous too.

What's the catch, lower quality?

Attached: 1496758159798.gif (660x520, 2.56M)

Not really. You can get them lazered, dyesub or double shot, and they're reasonably thick. I get all my sets from them.

Need help:

>Budget
€120
>Location (continent at least)
Western Europe
>Preferred switch type
Cherry, first mechanical keyboard so no clue which color to pick
>Layout
80% keyboard
>Backlight
Not necessary, subtle white backlight is ok

Any recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Why is there such an angle on this thing?

Attached: tada-68_-__01.jpg (1000x645, 60K)

to mimic the old IBM style

Ducky One 2

>Last Clack
MY SIDES
LOVE IT

Any easy way of figuring the size of my spacebar? I tried doing a google and didn't get anything, store page doesn't help much either.

Attached: 1512305854328.png (850x850, 171K)

Did you try looking at it?

Not sure what I should look at. Got three 1.25s on the left and four 1.25s on the right if that helps.

Do some basic math user. How many units long is the alpha cluster?

And is it any good? I usually use a flat board, but the tada68 is cheap and small.

Most people like the IBM style of curved keys that almost 99% of all mechanical keyboards follow that.

I'm currently using a Ducky One 2 100% with the feet down.

Rather than recommend a keyboard , let me help you out with switch type. What are you getting mechboards for? If you want the noise, get a blue or something similar. If you want a noticeable touch, get a brown (never had one myself) or another brand, like Kailh Box. I would never in a lifetime recommend reds to anyone, I always thought they felt like shit, hopefully another user can give an opinion on that.

Even that keyboard has a curve to it. The tada68 has a similar curve so if you don't your Ducky then the tada68 will feel about the same

An armrest plus a curved board can make your long term typing experience much, much better, without having to do an expensive and dumb ergo/split keyboard.

Thanks, looks like a solid choice.

Keyboard will be used 20% of the time on playing vidya, 30% on grown up stuff (I work 1 or 2 days at home each week) and about 50% on shitposting.

Strongly considering going for Browns, don't think my neighbours are going to like Blues too much.

>If you want a noticeable touch, get a brown
Lmao no. If you want a noticeable touch, get clears. If you want a barely perceptible touch, then and only then get browns.
>don't think my neighbours are going to like Blues too much.
Don't be silly. Are your walls made of literal cardboard? If not, it's fine.
Blues might be loud to someone in the same room, but get behind a wall and it's only going to be perceptible in full silence, and get into a different appartment not connected by doorways that leak sound and it's probably not going to be heard at all. It's not like they're thick clickbar, which are still softer than buckling spring, which along with beamspring aren't all that loud without their solenoid, which is still not as loud as a typewriter.

Anyone have any experience between typing on Box Jades vs Navies? I haven't had a chance to test either one but they seem to be what I'd like for my first keebuild

youtube.com/watch?v=n3_wTUpTb0U
I don't need it
I don't need it

Attached: 1538964477281.jpg (360x395, 27K)

Get the most obnoxiously loud switch if you primarily shitpost and work (BOX navy, Kailh gold, Tai Hao, Gateron green). If you want a non clicky, treat yourself to something better than an MX brown. Most mediocre switch ever produced.

Opinion on Leopold FC980M with red switches?

I type alot and would be using this at work.

Good keyboard, shame the switches are garbage

Thanks. I have a full size wrist rest that I can use with it. Do you think the Gateron blues would be good?

What switches should I use instead? I don't want to be too loud when typing at work.

I mean they're okay switches. Personally I don't like click jacket switches, but maybe you do

Get the leopold fc980c (topre) for work
It feels better (smooth and not sandy like mx), is quieter, looks better. The only thing is the cost but it's definitely worth it. I use a Realforce HiPro and It's amazing but would probably be too loud for work.

Topres

this

Can you explain why the topres are better? This keyboard is atleast 260 euros in that case. the other one is something i can get for 110 europoors.

They're better built and last longer then cherry MX switches. They're also quieter despite being more tactile. They can get away with the high prices because their only decent competition costs more.

Topre is extremely smooth unlike cherry mx switches which are very sandy.
I use both topre and cherry mx browns and reds for gaming, topre is just god tier for typing. It's very comfortable and you won't wear your hands out typing on it. It's way more satisfying in my opinion, and if you're working in a place where you have to be quiet i'd go with the leopold fc980c or an HHKB type - s which is really silent, but you have to get used to the layout.

and what’s their competition?

Membrane keyboards
Topre are a fucking meme. Just build a board yourself and get some actually good switches.

Topre's competition are regular ass rubber dome boards that cost a fraction of the price. You could get a BTC dome with slider board and be 90% of the way there to topre feel.

You're a moron is you think topre is anywhere close to a membrane keyboard.
Topre is capacitive which gives it mid way actuation and topre is way better than cherry mx meme switches. He wants a quiet keyboard you faggot, not some sperg zealios shit.
NiZ capacitive switches are like topre but way cheaper.

>tfw too intimidated by the amount of information on mechanical keyboards so i just use a Logitech g810

BTC dome with slider is unreliable, not still made in 2018, definitely not anywhere close to genuine topre (i've felt both), and are hard to find clean.

What about scorpius dome with slider then?

Zilents

This boys and girls is what full autism looks like.

>tfw typing on topre switches

Attached: 1530621737255.jpg (575x382, 42K)

It's kind of pathetic that a rubber dome is better built then cherry™ MX trash. How can anyone even bring themselves to use those switches? It's like people who willingly drive a Ford or eat at fast food place for pleasure.

>You're a moron is you think topre is anywhere close to a membrane keyboard.
Topre is a membrane board desu. This is some next level retardation user.

Not even him but rubber dome != membrane. It uses a PCB and rubber domes.

I think Topre is stupid but unfortunately so are you, it's rubber dome but it's not membrane as it has a capacitive PCB.

Just so everyone is on the same shitposting chapter
rubber domes and membranes are two separate things

Attached: Membrane vs Rubber Dome.png (1199x781, 226K)

It's kind of pathetic that you care that much about switches.

how the fuck do you use your keyboard so much that you'll wear out mx switches? Do you sit all day on typeracer?

Shit, you right boys. God i fucking hate myself

what's the consensus on kaihl box whites?

It's kind of pathetic that you care about something that is put to use at least 6 hours a day.

Better than any click jacket type switch, not as good as the box thick clicks though.

Stop using qwerty.

Attached: TfeIcqw1xinCV3pWXKnfeDl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBXEejxNn4ZJNZ2ss5Ku7Cxt.jpg (500x567, 62K)

Well, I don't really care since the difference between topre and cherry mx is negligible.

If people wants to use MX-switches then let them. Don't try to smear of your autism on them.

>difference between topre and cherry mx is negligible
is this what MX babies believe?

I'm guessing he means in terms of switch longevity.

even then that statement is false. There is a huge difference in longevity.

>Topre and cherry are the only switches available
Both are memes user. Topre is better, more quality, but overpriced as shit. Cherry are nothing short of bad.

then I'd have to change my brain everytime I use someone elses keyboard

Check Have you actually worn out your cherry mx switches? If so you should take a long good look at your life and what you've accomplished since that's really sad.

If one switch breaks, fine. Might just be a bad one and that can happend to any switch including "goat" topres.

And how often is that? Either way, it's easy to use both.

>30 million
>cherry mx rated at 50 million keypresses.

Attached: keychatter_2016-01-19_07-50-54.jpg (1555x1037, 1.25M)

The biggest problem with cherry switches is keychatter tho. You can buy brand new keyboards and have shattering problems. That issue however is impossible on topres thanks to their capacitive mechanism. I've had too many problems with chattering that I just gave up on cherry switches and switched to buckling springs

Good keyboard I have the silent red

>buy new cherry keyboard
>rated for 0 key presses without chatter
>buy new topre keyboard
>rated for 30 million presses without chatter
wow you sure showed them

Nice damage control :^)

>order an out of stock keyboard from Amazon last wednesday
>wont get it until nov 28
>get a fedex delivery package today
>basically the ISO version of the keyboard I ordered
>double check amazon
>still hasn't shipped and expected date is Nov
>credit card hasn't been charged either
Did someone just fuck up and give me a free keeb?

Yes, now be a good boy and give it back to daddy Bezos

Attached: Bezos laugh.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Give it a couple of days to process. Depending on how informal the whole process is though, it sounds like you ordered from some small ass retailer through amazon and they fucked up orders.

Ordered from IKBC on Amazon
Guess I'll wait a few days to see if they actually charge me, but they made the invoice on Thursday though, so it seems weird that it wouldnt be on my statement already

I've had multiple keyboards and I've never had any problems with chattering. I guess I'm just lucky then. (and that goes for my friends as well)

Is it really that common? If it was a common problem there would be more people complaining about it in my opinion.

If you've found something that works for you then great! All I'm trying to do is to silence all these autistic cunts that says "hurr durr you should get topre cus they better quality than pleb mx or any other types eksdee" since that's straight up bullshit.

>Durability is the only aspect of a switch
Gas yourself user.

Attached: 1540243124660.gif (500x493, 631K)

But topres are more durable. You can argue that all this eltism is pointless, but at the end of the day topres have better build quality when compared to cherry switches

Are you really that dense? We're talking about durability and not comfort.

Like I said, the difference in durability is negligible. If you're using a switch until the EOL then that's only sad.

Just bought this thing with blue Cherry MX's for less than 100 euro's. How did I do?

Attached: ducky-one-2-backlit-tkl-cherry-mx-blue-demo-cherry-mx-blue-switches-pohjoismaat-musta.jpg (500x500, 36K)

Why even bother talking about durability. If you don't shit hammers on your keyboard it will last for decades. The dome with slider keyboard that my mother worked with 25 years ago is in perfect shape. The dell membrane i had until last year was abused for 10 years and still works as intended. Why not focus on something significant like keyfeel.

Since that's a personal opinion. Simple as that.

People talk about scratchy switches as if you're not lubing them. Or is that correct and most in this thread just buy prebuilt garbage.

Do I buy the realforce 55g topre

Keyfeel is not subjective tho. You can't say that MX browns are smooth switches with a distinct bump or that BOX royals' tactile bump is non existent. That's not preference.

Should've gotten browns pleb, you'll be deaf in a year

What is the best hotswappable board and why is it the Teamwolf Zhuque?

Attached: IMG_20181023_164221424.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

I'm not saying that. All I'm trying to say is that Person A maybe likes *insert switch here* while Person B hates them. That doesn't make the switch better in any way.

The only thing that matters is that the person buying the keyboard is satisfied with the switches and that's a personal opinion.

But that's what it comes down to in these threads. If you're not a topre user then you get the fuck out since topre is the "superior" one and you should feel ashamed if you have anything else.

>rated for 40% less keypresses
>negligible
You could say you're not going to reach 30m keypresses in your lifetime, but that's a different point altogether.

Hey guys, I need some advice.
I've owned a zowie celeritas(pic related) since about 2013-2014 and now the keycaps on the keys that I pressed most are kinda shit.
I thought about just replacing the caps, but back then I was a gamerbabby and I got the keyboard with mx browns so I've been thinking about trying something better because nowadays I barely play games anymore and I just use my keyboard for shitposting and programming.
Also, I never use the fucking numpad so I'll probably get something smaller.

So, can you shill me a nice and comfy keyboard/switch just for typing? As I said I don't care about gaymes anymore and I don't give a fuck about noise either because I live alone.
Or should I just get a switch tester and decide for myself?
I live in yurop if that matters.

Attached: zowie_celeritas.jpg (4640x3480, 2.78M)

Yeah man, good luck trying to find a person that likes a plastic-y, rattly and scratchy switch better than a solid and smooth switch. If you wanna compare durability of switches, go ahead. It's retarded, but if you wanna shit on other switches about having 10 million less key presses go ahead. But if there is one thing all switches should compare to it's keyfeel and mechanism. Not because there is a standard, but because everyone will find the best for themselves.

I want the Tada68 with Gat Blues

Do you enjoy loud switches with a typewriter feel to them or want something more socially acceptable?

>Yeah man, good luck trying to find a person that likes a plastic-y, rattly and scratchy switch better than a solid and smooth switch.

80% of the people here that are asking for advice here won't notice those minor things. You've a different mindset compared to them.

>If you wanna compare durability of switches, go ahead. It's retarded, but if you wanna shit on other switches about having 10 million less key presses go ahead.

Well, that's the only thing you can compare to be honest, rest is personal opinion. A normal user won't reach EOL before swapping the keyboard.

>But if there is one thing all switches should compare to it's keyfeel and mechanism. Not because there is a standard, but because everyone will find the best for themselves.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Any thoughts on the Keycool 84? Cheap, comes with PBT keycaps.

Attached: -1051216137424734577.jpg (790x832, 364K)

Decent chinkboard. Looks like the lettering is just lasered though so if you don't want it to look like shit months down the road get the side prints.

>socially acceptable
As I said, I live alone and I don't really give a shit about noise. Sure, if it's something quiet it would be nice but if something better made the noise of a jet engine I wouldn't really care.

Get box navies then.

I'm not doubting you, I'm just here to circlejerk. How do the LEDs look with opaque keycaps?

Don't forget to take off that Ciy sticker, user.

Attached: based anon.jpg (1600x1200, 169K)

>Budget
$150 give or take, cheaper is always better
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Really like the MX Silents in my corsair, so anything on quite side
>Layout
100% BUT needs to be under 18 inches if possible. Might go 80% but i really like the numpad for Squad
>Backlight
I like RBG but I'll check out anything
>Previous/current keyboards
Corsair Strafe MX Silent. Key caps are starting to snap off and I just want a change and to me the $50 they charge for new keycaps is $50 towards a new keyboard

Attached: 19894868_1919677931632004_7258730049863732464_n.jpg (500x639, 36K)

Thanks, I've only really known about cherry switches, I will look into these.