What the fuck is with the python craze? Why do so many people like it...

What the fuck is with the python craze? Why do so many people like it? I saw the little notepad nonsense where you only write one instruction per line and execute? What the fuck? Is it even programming?

I hear it is the slowest language to write in but allows for the fastest development due to the amount of packages available.

Can someone explain this to me? Sounds like a poor pay off in the long run.

Please discuss it's pros/cons and why I'm retarded or not. Seriously seems like garbage. Most of the people advocating it at my college are boarding autistic/unsociable.

Attached: modern software development.gif (320x236, 2.93M)

>I hear it is the slowest language to write in but allows for the fastest development due to the amount of packages available.

I mean't to write: I hear it generates the slowest programs but allows for the fastest development due to the amount of packages available.

It has a very simple C FFI, which means that a lot of modules are implemented in C. Because of this, it's often used for applications such as machine learning and statistical number crunching and mathematical analysis.

It's just extremely comfy and convenient to develop in. Sure, you're not getting top notch performance all over, but the parts that matter probably already is written in C.

It's easy to learn, less verbose than other languages, and easy to read others code, which makes it ideal for companies looking to invest only a minimal amount of time into the development phase and have high turnover. Also the stuff that mentions.

>It's just extremely comfy and convenient to develop in. Sure, you're not getting top notch performance all over, but the parts that matter probably already is written in C.
I wish Pythonshits were forced to run their kode on anything less than absurd amounts of system resources that are the standard today.
Maybe then people would learn some humility and make an effort to write efficient programs, i.e. stop doing OP's pic related.

>I wish Pythonshits were forced to run their kode on anything less than absurd amounts of system resources that are the standard today.
Why?

>Maybe then people would learn some humility and make an effort to write efficient programs, i.e. stop doing OP's pic related.
I work as a systems programmer, and literally the whole purpose of my work is to enable abstractions for people so they don't have to deal with the tedious shit I deal with.

>kode

Attached: 1535542152452.jpg (500x334, 81K)

People saying Python is slow are using it wrong.
For what it was intended (scripting) performance isn't an issue.
Both 0.005s and 1s in interactive use is the same thing.
If performance is required you're supposed to write the logic in it and write performance critical pieces in an another language which you call within the main program.
And that is how is done in academia using Numpy and such.
That's the exact same concept with Tcl.

>500MB apks are fine for fucking texting apps
>phones need 2GB of ram and quad-core processors
>8GB operating systems with less modularity and controllability than 500MB operating systems on pc's
You're part of the problem, fuck you.

>Please discuss it's pros/cons and why I'm retarded or not. Seriously seems like garbage. Most of the people advocating it at my college are boarding autistic/unsociable.

Python lets you write shit on the fly.
You can just open the interpreter and start throwing instructions at it, instead of doing everything at once and compiling running etc.

AND USE THE WEBM YOU FUCKING IFAGGOT

Attached: web developing.webm (960x706, 2.14M)

>I saw the little notepad nonsense where you only write one instruction per line and execute?
I'm by no means a Python advocate, but if the 50 years old concept of read-eval-print loop is foreign to you, you should never discuss anything programming-related ever again, and strongly consider killing yourself instead.

>2k!8
>he doesn't kode with his kot
pleb

> I wish C-niles had to run their code on the ENIAC, then they'd learn some humility and make an effort to write efficient programs

Dipshit

It's great for small programs that do really specific things. for large programs, or programs that need high processing, consider something else.
I use it to make tools and automated things that run on my server.

It's basically the iOS of programming language.
It's shit, but it looks shiny and makes everyone think they are actually decent at programming.
And we are all worse off thanks to the likes of python, javascript and PHP.

It gets the job done for quite a lot of cases, especially quick and dirty network scripts. It's great for "gluing" and coordinating other programs.
Certainly, like every other language, it's not appropriate for everything.
All languages are tools: a poor craftsman blames his tools, while a good craftsman chooses the right tool for the job. You're retarded if you write a distributed high-performance, real-time or security-critical application in Python and complain it's shit.

You said literally nothing with this post.

Why do you care?

Modern applications do a fuckton more than sending hello world over the network user. In case you didn’t notice.

This. They also send your position, everything you have installed, an audio and video stream and your browser history.

Lol’d

But seriously, software didn’t magically get more bloated with improved hardware. Hardware for better because software demands increased. Running neural networks required fantasy theoretical supercomputers in the 80s and 90s, and these days even your phone can do it.

I've read this post three times and I still can't figure out what you're trying to say.

>everyone should spend 50 hours efficiently programming a solution to their problem in C instead of just spending 30 minutes using a high level language on a modern computer

>not posting the better one

Attached: plug -s.webm (480x480, 1.16M)

Python is a crutch for people who are too stupid to learn C.

What do I learn next then? I already know python and the very very basics of C. I was thinking Ruby or Rust maybe actually learning C. What does Jow Forums recommend? If suggesting a lang maybe recommend a projectwith it. Thanks

Get out of my thread retard

>Get out of my thread retard
Damn guy I was asking a legitimate question. What's wrong with what I asked?

Go to bed Klossy.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1618x1080, 145K)

I use python at work once in a while to write something quick that I don't need to mantain or run again soon or possibly ever.

It has a bunch of support for libraries that are easy to download and add, and I can play with shit quickly in the "notepad nonsense" to make sure things work the way I intend. Just makes development for something that isn't mission critical fast and easy.

That said I wouldn't write anything big or important in it because the language feels stupid to read, especially since there aren't well established standards like Javas

It's literally the most dumbed down language that anyone can use.

>I saw the little notepad nonsense where you only write one instruction per line and execute? What the fuck? Is it even programming?
You mean, a REPL?

>I saw the little notepad nonsense where you only write one instruction per line and execute? What the fuck?
top fucking kek this kid thinks it's something novel

I prefer node for that stuff because fucking everything is json now days and json is native in node.

I use golang for script-like programs

Not repl, the program literally looked like a journal

>God damn construction workers just using premade concrete mix and tools made specifically for the job
>I wish more construction workers would get engineering degrees, fly to the source of the metal/wood they use on the jobs to harvest the raw materials themselves, and learn how to machine their own tools specifically for using on the job before even starting on a construction project
Literally (you)

probably jupyter notebook

Nigger why would you ever need to open the interpreter to check if something in Python is working as intended? Just use assert statements or import unittest (which is part of the standard library and is pretty much a straight port of JUnit)

there's also 'nose' and 'pytest' for unit testing

Unironically Java or C#. Also learn some SQL.

I didn't want him to sperg out and accuse me of being a code monkey for having the audacity to recommend he use something outside of the standard library.

Based and redpilled