Unicode: Draft Candidates for Emoji 12.0 Beta (2019)

The Emoji 12.0 Beta contains 236 Emoji Draft Candidates, consisting of 61 characters plus 175 sequences. These are slated for release in 2019Q1 together with Unicode Version 12.0.

The emoji are in the following categories: 3 smileys & emotion, 209 people & body, 7 animals & nature, 9 food & drink, 6 travel & places, 3 activities, 15 objects, and 12 miscellaneous symbols. 50 of the new emoji (including gender/skin-tone variants) are for accessibility, such as ear with hearing aid and woman in manual wheelchair. The hearts, circles, and squares now have the same set of colors for decorative and/or descriptive uses.

Multi-person emoji now have skin-tone variants:

(A) Full Emoji v12.0 support requires that the holding-hands emoji ( ) with specific genders be supported with 55 combinations of mixed skin tones, such as:
man with dark skin tone and woman with light skin tone holding hands
woman with medium skin tone and woman with medium light skin tone holding hands
man with light skin tone and man with light skin tone holding hands
(B) Full Emoji v12.0 support requires that the 6 multi-person emoji ( ) without specific gender be supported with the 5 human skin tones, such as:
family (adult+adult+child) with dark skin tone
couples with heart (adult+adult) with medium skin tone
couples kissing (adult+adult) with light skin tone
A mechanism is provided for mixed skin tones for emoji in group B, such as with a family of man+woman+girl+boy, but support is optional.

Attached: emoji-12-beta-annc.png (72x72, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.unicode.org/2018/10/draft-candidates-for-emoji-120-beta.html
unicode.org/emoji/future/emoji-candidates.html
blog.emojipedia.org/ios-12-1-beta-includes-new-emojis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The following notes are relevant for implementers:

The 40 holding-hands emoji with mixed skin tones have asimpler internal representation, compared to the previous draft. The 15 with uniform skin tones use a single character plus skin-tone modifiers.

Implementations may optionally support all combinations of mixed skin tones for the 6 multi-person emoji in the B group. This can be a large number — over 4,000 for the family emoji alone — and thus may not be practical for all devices.

Clearer definitions are now provided in the specification, along with a new set forBasic_Emoji. For other details, see thespecification.

The complete list of emoji sequences for Emoji 12.0 will be finalized during the next UTC meeting in January 2019. TheCLDREnglish names and keywords for the new emoji characters will be finalized within the next month, and translation into 80+ languages (such asSlavic languages) will begin. Feedback is welcome on thesorting orderand the English names and keywords.

>using emoji

More information: blog.unicode.org/2018/10/draft-candidates-for-emoji-120-beta.html
List of emoji draft candidates: unicode.org/emoji/future/emoji-candidates.html

Should have just stuck to yellow.

chinese only is racist

Fuck I hate Unicode!

>209 people & body
Is this really fucking necessary? Do people actually use these enough to warrant them being in unicode?

>man with dark skin tone and woman with light skin tone holding hands
fucking sjw cancer
why couldn't they just leave everything yellow

>Implementations may optionally support all combinations of mixed skin tones for the 6 multi-person emoji in the B group. This can be a large number — over 4,000 for the family emoji alone — and thus may not be practical for all devices.
So this is the price of progress

>still no adult + child kissing with
shit

This is only the beginning. It's gonna get out of hand.

It's funny because all the "inclusive" emoji options achieve the exact opposite effect.
Yellow emoji literally help stop racism because everyone's online messages look exactly the same and the only thing you can judge them by is their content.
But now everyone's race is injected into every online message they send.
It's non-ironically the modern equivalent of yellow Jew badges apart from this time everyone is doing it voluntarily.
I've lost count of the number of times I've been in a groupchat having a conversation with people not giving the slightest shit about their race only for someone to post a black thumbs up and for me to suddenly realise "Oh yeah, that dude is black" and then consciously keep thinking about race for the rest of the conversation.

Attached: 1468483913478.png (389x374, 116K)

> implying it didn't with racial emojis or homo couples

This

I use black emojis when I talk about crime.

we are only going back to the historical norm, which is quite sad, but apparently inevitable

Attached: 1536118840318.jpg (587x500, 265K)

Have an uproar xD

Maybe they're actively trying to get this out of hand as they have stated in Unicode technical document that they think the ultimate solution should be sticker for everything

this is the medical interface from idiocracy.
It seems absurd today, but I wonder if lower classes in the future are going to be illiterate. With voice recognition ai + emojis for everything it's possible.

Attached: 1523563747566.jpg (1500x272, 145K)

They should contain this with a new set of Private Use Areas or something along those lines. Basically let third party vendors make their own.

"They are intentionally left undefined so that third parties may define their own characters without conflicting with Unicode Consortium assignments"

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." said George Santayana.

Nowadays you should add to that that "those who remember the past are also condemned to repeat it".
No matter what you do, history repeats itself one way or another.

The Uniceode Consortium was created precisely to deal with that problem.

Wow. user. Can you teach me?
Can you teach me how to be based and redpilled like you?
No matter how hard I try I can never get the delivery quite right.

Please user. I’m even willing to pay to
become based and redpilled like you :)

The reason why emoji was in Unicode in the first place was because the three Japanese carrier each used their own individual methods to encode their own emoji, and then Apple come and want to support them via Unicode for the Japanese market in iPhone instead of supporting all those different variants for each carriers.

blog.emojipedia.org/ios-12-1-beta-includes-new-emojis/

This confuses and angers the Angroid.

Emojis on this list are from Emoji 11.0 released in 2018 not the draft 12.0 to be released in 2019

Submit a new proposal for that yourself

Absolute cancer.

Attached: Unicode Character 'CANCER' (U+264B)%0A%0A.png (100x100, 2K)

>6ix9ine