How do you cope with being an average programmer, Jow Forums?

How do you cope with being an average programmer, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1458627579508.jpg (500x459, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

levels.fyi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Drop it, it's boring anyway. I'm doing marketing now since I enjoy social interaction and I'm happier.

cute socks

By shoving shit up my ass.

I come on Jow Forums and tell people they're brainlets for inconsequential mistakes or liking things I don't like.

What's an average programmer?

I consider myself to be a very skilled programmer.

Attached: 1439648511159.jpg (469x469, 116K)

Based and redpilled

sad, but true.

Programming skills are still useful to get stuff done.

Interesting coping mechanism there user

I don't have to, I'm below average

I don't. I just know I'm absolute shit.

By not measuring my own success through comparison to others, but rather how far I’ve progressed myself.

By not being a programmer

but I'm above average.

Stop projecting.

These

I'm the world's best programmer. I'm so good I can write and compile any program in my head flawlessly. By that time, it becomes too boring and tedious to actually write on a computer. So the world will never know.

even if you are average, practice will improve your skills.
You might never be John Carmack but if you give up, you'll always be less than your could manage to be if you actually try.

this

I have the cute socks already and am taking CS classes
does this mean I'm gonna end up being just "average"

By attempting to start my own business. That's the only way to retire early. People who earn a high salary can buy nice things but it doesn't really make you a millionaire until you're in your 50s or 60s.

1 enlightened individual on Jow Forums. Can't say I'm surprised.

this shit right here senpai

You can accomplish a lot as an average programmer. Maybe you think your life is a Disney movie where you're the main character?

Attached: 1535891971643.gif (500x375, 2M)

>you will never be an alien prince who fights for a living
why live?

Some people get a skewed idea of what an "average" programmer is because they go to a good university and all their CS major peers are far better than the actual average programmer.

It is quite likely that you are above average, don't sell yourself short

I appreciate the fact that I only work 40 hours a week

I just blame it on the government.

ouch, vege's neck is all fucked up

yes kys

by programming what I want and not caring. if I find myself stumped or the program I making turns into a buggy unusable mess, I try to solve the problem and learn from my mistakes. just like every other programmer that came before us..

I play with my ass, because life's short, as long as we can get pleasure while we're alive, what does it matter how good or bad we are?

Since im always going to be medocre as a programmer, i concentrate on the breadth rather than the depth of my tech knowledge

programming is putting the poo back in the loo

I'm not sure whether I'm a below average programmer or above average.. where do I take the test?

damn deep

Check your salary at levels.fyi/

>non pajeet brown skin
I cope by cashing in on the diversity movement

This is how I view everything in life

People say this, but opportunity cost is a thing
It's better to invest your time into something you're taelented in and passionate about

strong alcohol

i dont want to be the best programmer.
programming is fucking lame, tedious and boring.

the only fun thing about it is the end result you create, not the process.

i'm only interested in using technology to make my life easier and retire young. i couldn't give a shit about this basedboy tech world. it's a means to an ends, not my personality or identity.

get a grip.

Buy counting my money and using it to buy waifu pillows.

Are you me? I also totally view technology as a means to an end.

>working as a programmer
Unless it's adjacent to some other field like science it's a grave mistake.

By studying functional programming on the side so I can mog people by pretending to be smarter than I really am.
Basically, a Haskell version of a blow-fish.
Works every time. :^)

join /agdg/

I don't even program, after 10 years of wanting to learn.

Unironically this

What if I am a neet?

Doing mediocre work at my job, trying to contribute to the game me and my friend who's a much better developer than I am are making and planning to ditch the job where I'm completely underappreciated and go somewhere else, leaving largely out of spite. I like the team I work with, but middle management is clueless and blame us for their incompetence

Absolutely this.

based and computationpilled