I'm tired of using folders to organize my sadpanda galleries

I'm tired of using folders to organize my sadpanda galleries.

How come there are several video players and music players, doing the same thing, but there aren't any hentai managers? I found pic related, but it hasn't been updated in 2 years, and it's kinda buggy. Come the fuck on, when will we have a proper way of managing our downloaded hentai? It would be so nice if we had something that could fetch tags for our downloaded hentai in a nice and comfy program.

Attached: 1512859452432.png (1235x631, 878K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/happypandax/happypandax/releases
github.com/happypandax/plugins).
pastebin.com/tWEnQbSg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Filthy degenerate. You'll be first on the cross.

It hasn't been updated because the dude is working on a brand new version

>caring this much about poorly drawn erotic neolithic cave paintings

the e-hentai api is shit, tags aren't reliable, galleries change, torrents change

Just fetch the name of the zip or something. Who cares if the gallery changes.

Write a downloader for Hydrus and then just pull your doujin from that. If you pull tags then searching should be easy.

Just use Hydrus

>unironically shilling that piece of garbage

please be a troll or retard

folderfags get out.

based and legionpilled

Attached: Vulpes_Inculta.jpg (800x571, 167K)

There is, and its garbage thats not worth using. On that note theres really not much point saving sadpanda locally since favourites exists. Doesnt stop me though

Use LANararagi.

Hydrus is terrible for doujin since it doesn't store in order.

>zip/rar dir
>cbz/cbr ext
there are literally hundreds of browsers for these

Just look for a program that manages comics or manga. Hentai doujins are basically manga.

Attached: 1504212482238.png (1400x1900, 2.78M)

Happypanda has changed to happypanda x

I'm making one for both doujinshi and images. It's still a work in progress but if you point it to a folder, it will import all the image, video, and zip files and let you browse them.

It also automatically extracts tags from the sadpanda filename format.

Attached: imgs.png (1354x679, 1.1M)

Hydrus Network. It has an infinity chan where the dev takes suggestions and posts weekly releases. for some reason i cant post infinity chan links so google it

you use the page / chapter / series tags. It has regex functionality so you can automatically tag the pages of a comic or book in order. noob

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 10.54.52.png (1896x1330, 1.47M)

You can always assign a page for it

>not just using find + fzf

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-24 18-57-13.png (1055x282, 90K)

sadpanda is my hentai manager

alternatively, any file browser from the last 10 years.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-24 19-03-18.png (989x535, 247K)

Hydrus is shit and you shills need to be shot in the head for spamming that garbage everywhere.

Can you make it for sadpanda galleries only? Also, will it move my stuff around, or will everything stay where it is currently at?

How will you detect parent and child galleries and how will it fetch tags? Copy pasting the title unto sadpanda's search engine isn't enough, so that's why I'm curious. There are people who use userscripts to download galleries and these userscripts include a small .json file in the zip with information about the gallery (tags, gID, title, etc).

Disgusting pubes and armpits

Who are you complaining to? If you want an app doing what you want you should just build that app yourself. If you can't do that, you're on the wrong board.

Attached: 1509266897020.png (760x839, 760K)

You can use the api to get all that info.

It doesn't move files, it just caches their information in a database like a typical music application does. Right now the biggest problem I'm trying to figure out is how to extract thumbnails. If I do it on import, importing takes a really really long time. If I do it on first view, viewing galleries becomes a pain because you have to wait for the thumbnails to generate.

As far as exhentai stuff goes, it's just a simple cbz manager. It uses the filename to extract circle/artist/parody/title details but doesn't do anything to fetch additional details. Does the json file you mentioned have any kind of standard format? I've always considered doing something similar but the problem always comes down standards.

>If I do it on import, importing takes a really really long time
What are you using for thumbnailing? I'm developing a Hydrus alternative and thumbnailing is pretty fast in my case.

github.com/happypandax/happypandax/releases

Or alternatively use Lanaragi

My doujinshi are all in zip files (cbz) so I need to extract each page before being able to create thumbnails.

Yes, and? Picking the right file from the archive and copying it to memory is trivial and not very CPU intensive.

No you dont, software can easily do that

install dolphin

>github.com/happypandax/happypandax/releases
>Or alternatively use lanraragi

These two are the only options to get proper metadata so that searching for things is actually useful. Disregard all those "use a filemanger only" fags, they have no clue what they are even talking about. Also, lanraragi supports eze json in archives but doesn't have ex image search support. You should use that since ex support is coming soon and it's already more lightweight and better than hpx in most regards. hpx is a heavy python piece of shit compared to lan.

I generate a thumbnail for every page

Even if there's no compression, generating thumbnails for every page from hundreds of 50-200mb files takes a fair amount of time. I have about 30gb of doujinshi and I'd like the process to take less than a few seconds but I don't think I can unless I generate thumbnails on the fly.

Not him but what are you using to generate thumbs? Are you extracting them with an archive library or are you using native unzip/unrar/7z etc.? reading the first image heavily depends on the type of archive, 7z for example defaults to solid mode and thus you would need to extract the whole thing before getting any usable data, for others you could try to just copy the first 20000000 Bytes or something like that and hope for the best. I do it like this in my exe launcher to get ico's from exe files.
Basically.
>if file.size() > maxBytes
>write new file with maxBytes size to tmp
>extract what i want
>delete the trash
Should work for most archives i think. Of course a fallback is needed in case something goes wrong.

I hope you weren't talking about thumbnails to browse an archive or something like that.

Sorry i didnt hear you through my ssd

Just generate a thumbnail for the cover on import and a lazily generate thumbnails for all other pages on view.

Masturbate to hentai you loser. Stop being a conservative christian on Jow Forums.

This is not needed if the decompression library supports streaming or selective reads. Lowers memory usage as a bonus.

Kek I thought you talked about Hydrus for a moment there.

I'm not a programmer, but wouldn't it be easier to point each gallery to a thumbnail in a temporary folder or something? Have you heard of Musicbee? It creates a folder with low res thumbnails and I've never noticed any slowdowns or whatever. Are you using low res thumbnails or high res thumbnails?

Regarding JSON files, yeah, it basically includes everything. Gallery ID, tags, pages, filenames, title (both eng and jap), you name it. Google "eze sadpanda" and install the userscript and try it, it's very straight forward, trust me. If you don't want to do it, I'll copy and paste an example unto pastebin or whatever to show you.

I don't want to use Lanaragi because I'm only trying to access my collection on one device, and not on all of my devices. I also use a third party tool to read cbz files, and Lanaragi uses its own reader.

>Where is the code?
>Development on HPX will continue in private. HPX will still befreeand developed on just like always. The translations and documentation will stay open-source so that anyone is free to contribute if they want. Plugins will also stay open-source and can be found at the [plugin repo(github.com/happypandax/plugins).
>Why?No one was really contributing so I see no reason in HPX being open-source.

There's something strange about this heh

Attached: 1540128289097.jpg (187x187, 18K)

>made in python
>200MB
lmao

you retarded or something?

Definitely.
Even if no one contributed yet, how is that reason to make it closed source?
I don't trust this.

DON'T lewd Chris, she is pure.

Probably embarrassed over shit code and/or added malicious code to it.

I've never seen anyone do this before, not even the losers in CS courses would degrade themselves and hide their shitty code, so it's kinda funny. I actually have been laughing about it for twenty minutes now.

Attached: 1539574378273.png (854x1300, 973K)

>The translations and documentation will stay open-source so that anyone is free to contribute if they want
Translated:
>You are free to work for nothing on things i can't do so that i can get even more shekels. Thanks, you fucking retard.
Just take a look at his previous project, the one without x. I have almost no clue about python+qt but even i can tell that he is retarded. How can one make a gui slow down to a crawl if it is just displaying 20~30 thumbs? Those popups are also a sign of massive retardation. Seriously, he should have done something without gui for his first project and then delved more into object oriented programming to get the basics of not fucking up.

Also, did anyone try to actually use hpx? Absolutely horrible experience stuffed with as much web3.0 cancer he possible could stuff in there.

I don't understand the point of hpx and lanraragi. Are they both trying to be servers so that everyone on the same network can access and read doujins?

That shit is cool, but I doubt that's what most people want to do.

It can be used like that but for me it is a way to sort my downloaded doujins and still have access to tags and all that shit. It's extremely useful to sort my things to current fetish of the day without looking something up online. Also, accessing localhost is fast as hell so there isn't really a problem with latency on the same machine.
I would have preferred a local client but i can absolutely understand wanting to write something that works everywhere without having to code for multiple platforms.

I'm making my own local server to be my f**k* panda like reader.
Motivation?
I like browser tabs and I prefer gallery browser and reader being in the same environment, also endless scrolling.

Probably 190 MB libraries and 10 MB actual code.

Attached: Smug_cf1d8a_5762907.jpg (372x351, 19K)

i store things by fetish\series title (if necessary)\character name\_doujin, the parent of the last folder is where any stray images of said character go, sorted into subfolders as i see fit, and i store doujinshi as CBZ with a thumbnail program i got some time ago. works good enough for me.

My autism wouldn't let me do this, what about duplicates? There is a huge amount of shit with multiple fetishes so manually fiddling with symlinks is time better spent on learning to automate it. Thus, here we are with clients and servers that do that shit for us.

by fetish i mean major fetish. i literally just have loli, shota, and vanilla as parent folders, and the characters i like i just throw them in there. as for dupes, i typically save from gelbooru and sadpanda and never change original filenames so dupes are not even an issue.

miku is my waifu so i have a lot of subfolders for pics i save of her.

Attached: 2018-10-24 11_54_31-vanilla.png (175x385, 5K)

>what
i wonder what's in that folder

Attached: 1426703008737.png (231x277, 45K)

really bad art

i used to do this but then my collection got bigger than 1TB, so i dumped everything into folders with the artists name

>json
this is what it looks like
pastebin.com/tWEnQbSg

how would your sadpanda viewer handle this?

Attached: 1536273995133.png (878x285, 26K)