Which one is better for tech illiterate mom and dad? iphone or android?

which one is better for tech illiterate mom and dad? iphone or android?

Attached: 1.jpg (1600x1200, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18278510
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Imo iphone because big colorful apps and simple os for beginners to get the hang of. As well as if the thing shits the bed it will be easier for you or them to find tech support to help them fix it.

which is the best option if i want a cheap iphone that will be handle new apps for some years before we gotta buy new ones? I have to buy two phones and I don't want to burn a hole in my pocket

used iphone SE or new iphone XR

Fair enough if im not mistaken there is a "simple os" setting on android phones now so you should check tht out if you want a cheaper alternative

iPhone 6

iphone with android on it

If they have experience with neither, then neither.
It used to be iPhone was the more intuative platform but it has gone to shit over time, with hidden features all over the show.

huh?

hidden features? like what?

Honestly these days both of them are easy enough to use, before I would say the iPhone.
What you don't want to do is get some shitty Android phone for like $60 though and then complain it runs too slow not long after

Both my parents use Android without major issues but still ask me to do something for them, like deleting icons, every now and then. I don't think iOS would be better in that regard.

Iphone if the retardation comes with the family, Android if you know how to set-up the phone for them beforehand.

Both are bad because of touchscreen. Go for android so they get used to it and approve cheaper phones in future.

In my experience android. They had iPhones before and it they needed help for everything. They couldn't download a single app because the they got signed out of their apple account frequently. And since they never remembered their passwords I always had to reset the password for their special apple mail in order to access their account and then finally install that Pokémon go or whatever they needed at the time.

And the default keyboard is a bit better in android. My mom never figured out how to edit her texts once she clicked the wrong key, so what she wrote was barely readable. Now she has an android and is doing better.

Do you love you parents? iPhone.
Do you hate them? Might as well have mercy ad kill them rather than getting them to use pajeetgle poodroid.

my mom struggles more with her ipad than her galaxy phone

I went for android because I was able to just put the 5 apps they need on the homescreen and hide everything else.

buy whatever $150 phone morotola is making now because not only is it cheaper but its going to be less effort in the long run because stock android is far more retard proof than stock ios

if you think a midrange phone wont be future proof my nexus 4 from 2012 is still usable as a smartphone. i wouldn't do that for an extended period of time but its seven fucking years old

how can you struggle with an ipad it's the dumbest piece of shit device there is

>retard proof
>full of scammy 3rd party apps, adware and malware

iphone might be complete shit now but it's the only true retard proof phone

Current cheap Motos:
Moto C: literally 2014 low tier, a first gen G is miles better, still don't know why it exists.
Moto E5/Plus: good battery but hideous defaults, build quality and lags like a mf even with 3gb ram bcs shit processor. Nearly unusable without custom launcher

Source: I own one

probably a cheap Samsung with it's simple launcher, my mom learned it quickly and she's not that good at it

isn't motorola a chink company now

>android is better for tech savvy users

Attached: brainlet beanie.jpg (600x600, 57K)

you're allowed to post when you can sideload an app without having to void the fucking warranty you fucking itoddler babby. till then shut the fuck up

>hurr I can download an apk from the internet
I'm not even an itoddler, you're just retarded

They're going to call you everytime it breaks, so whatever you are most familiar with

Attached: GKdUObw.jpg (686x686, 35K)

Either is fine. People are going to be retarded regardless of their phone.

iPhone might be more consistent since you know the anti theft feature is always enabled since people always login with their appleid. With android it gets a bit more complicated. Sometimes people enable the google feature, sometimes they enable the vendor feature. People will deny they have regardless, and they never fucking remember their password or which of their 8 accounts they tied their phone against.

Yup, it doesn't have the chink botnet thou, but quality has gone down fast since Lenovo took over, at times feels lile they're doing it on purpose, the X4 was god-tier but they discontinued it to sell the gimmicky Z line
My old E2 is 3yrs old and works perfectly, my E4+ is not even 6 months old and is already falling apart. The E5 is a shitshow from what I heard, UI is unresponsive af

As an android user, I'll say iOS. For noobs, the interface is very easy to navigate.

A SAMSUNG WITH ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE !

It changes the whole interface black and white with only three basic apps which are the phone(that includes the dialer, contacts, etc.), messages and the internet browser.
you can add three more extra apps like whatsapp or what they might use often.

Also the battery will last much longer, just like on a classic dumb phone.

Attached: P1000239-640x480.jpg (640x480, 50K)

this

what are you on about now nigger both ishit and bugdroid are operating systems made for actual idiots there is hardly any difference between them

so what phone os is not "made for idiots"

iPhone.
• Their friends are more likely to own one, which means when they need to learn how to do something, they won't have to always ask you.
• Less likely for them to end up with malware that steals credit card/bank info
• Most tutorials online that are written for iPhone in English are by native English speakers and not chinks and pajeets
• Apple Care is way better than any Android manufacturer's warranty and lasts longer. They can get it fixed or replaced immediately and never have to worry about being without a phone to ship it off to the OEM for warranty service

Cydia impactor, you dumb mong

+1 even as an android enthusiast. I always recommend iPhones's to tech illiterates, and with iPhone's walled garden approach chances of installing malware and what not, is very low. Things are getting better on the Android side, still not good enough though.

checked

Android with one of those babby-mode launchers.

Whichever one you don't have.
>Sorry I don't have one so I don't know either

SE wouldn't be good for old eyes.

(otoh I don't get why young people with good eyes want giant phones)

Please link me some, have been looking for one for an elderly person.

despite my dislike of it, I'd probably recommend the 6s/6s+. My problem with mine is that the battery is utter shit and turns the phone into a handwarmer when I'm browsing twitter or reddit on it.

My mum has a moto g plus, a lot cheaper than iPhone

It is

I looked into it two or so years ago. I think the one built into Galaxy phones is actually the best but there are a bunch, really depends on how simple you want it (you can basically turn it into a feature/dumb phone)

Android
I recommended my friends dad the pixel 2 since you can buy them refurbed for $200
he loves it so much he is naming the phone after me and renaming his dog after me
he came from an iphone

Tbh this

probably because none of the apps are optimized and just have retarded space everywhere, touchscreen keyboard on tablets are always shit too

Is this inspired by this DweebNews thread?
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18278510