>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1470742681201.jpg (1024x768, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w6gpxe0QoUs?t=807
pcpartpicker.com/list/4n7TV6
pcpartpicker.com/list/VGcqV6
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7CDxkd
reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7hawd8/dedicated_streaming_pc_ryzenbased_setup/
cs.toronto.edu/~bianca/papers/sigmetrics09.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm looking for a case that fulfills the following:

>120 + 240mm radiator support
>at least 2 5.25" bays
>mATX
>motherboard lays horizontally

The only cases I've found that can do all this are the Thermaltake Core X2 and Aerocool Strike-X Cube, the former of which is xboxhueg and the latter of which screams "12 year old gaymer".

It will be better if it has side intake fans (or at least be possible to have side intakes modded on).

Attached: pic4.jpg (600x500, 125K)

I want to go full Linux + kvm for gaming. I Would go for 1080p, 120Hz with freesync. Since Vega 64 is only 70€ more than the vega 56, shoud I go for the 64 ? Also when would be realease R7 3700. Do you know a website where I can see noise lvl of graphic car ?

>not buying Samsung B-die ECC RAM and running it at ~3000 MHz
Enjoy your childish gaming RAM.

Attached: m3-samsung-memory.jpg (700x426, 31K)

I'm fine with my 3000MHz 15-15-15 ram without ECC.

>Fractal
I have a Fractal R4 right now, it's not as good as my old Lian Li

>price/perf
i don't know, you pay 30% more for intel but get easily 30% more perf.

Looking to build a quiet work/gaming rig
I do 2D professional work and also game on the side.

I'm not looking to overclock, I just want to have a quiet and cool (enough) pc
I'd rather not spend more than 1500$ USD
currently looking advice between getting an 8700k vs 8700
would also like any recommendations on good quiet heatsinks.
--
>Corsair 330R chasis
>Be quiet silent wings 3 120mm, 140mm fans
--
>ASRock - Z370 Killer (really just looking for a mobo with basic bluetooth and wifi without having to install a seperate card or use a usb solution)
>i7 8700k (k or non k?)
>CPU Cooler (quiet aircooled?)
>16gb 2x8 DDR4 3000mhz
>Zotac 1080 AMP (or 1070ti???)
>Corsair 650W 80+ Bronze

Attached: intelbuild.jpg (926x735, 81K)

>120 and 240 mm radiators
gross
>5.25" bays
gross
>horizontal motherboard
literally why

>Since Vega 64 is only 70€ more than the vega 56, shoud I go for the 64
Why pay more when gaming performance is clock-for-clock the same?

>30% more for intel but get easily 30% more perf.
9900k costs 80% more than the 2700X
Single thread perf is about 16-18% higher.
Multithreaded is the same or lower.

>200ge-2400g
how light are we talking about?
>Wait for R7 3700X
Why not wait for 4700x? Surely this would be the better cpu, and even better overall

>9900k
yes of course their flagship cpu is stupidly expensive but the entry level high end chips(8600, 8700/k variants) are nicely priced at 300-400 with performance to match. at least for gaming and general usage that's reasonable, anyone with more professional interests should invest in a TR anyway. of course it always depends on your local prices.

pushing 250% MORE power than stock into the card
>look it runs faster than 1070
>consumes power LITERALLY LIKE A HOUSE FIRE
This, this it what amd shills actually recommend?! Are you out of your fucking mind?

Attached: vega-56-mod-power-aotse_all.png (797x371, 60K)

> *NEW* power consumption doesn't matter

Are there any cases out there which still have 200mm door fans?

They used to be all the rage but now it's transparent doors. IDGAF about that since I'm not going to be showing off my case to anyone that cares about PCs, but I sure do care about GPU thermals/noise.

>Why not wait for 4700x? Surely this would be the better cpu, and even better overall
Can't tell if this is a low effort and ignorant shitpost or actual question.
4700X isn't a die shrink.

>ignores the fact that stock vs stock the RTX 2070 often gets worse 0.1% minimums
PLEASE IGNORE THE STUTTERS THAT'S NOT THE REAL ISSUE HERE

What are RX 580 and Vega 64?
I literally know nothing about AMD GPU. Are these two different model lines or what?

>goy just draw additional 300W from your video card after modding it to accept 250% power draw
> *NEW* power consumption doesn't matter
>*NEW* component life doesn't matter
GOD you fucking amd poos, you laugh at intel for making a house fire then turn around and make literally the same house fire with a GPU and hail it as a great breakthrough.

I can't understand how you can be this delusional.

Vega is a different architecture.
It has double rate half precision. And HBM2. Better perf/watt potential. And... that's it really.

>completely ignoring what was pointed out
Imagine being this pathetic and desperately trying to cope this much.
I didn't even mention the overclocked performance except to show the guy asking what the point of liquid cooling is and if it's worth it (to which I said it's not)

You're sad.

My PC shut down completely during a gaming session as if the power went out.
When I rebooted (which I couldn't do for 15s) no post and the GC seemed dead as I tried another and everything seemed to work ok.

Now I'm in need of a new GC, but that's not what I'm wondering. Could it be an issue with my PSU that caused that? Should I also change it to avoid frying the next one?

>completely ignoring what was pointed out
youtu.be/w6gpxe0QoUs?t=807
Fuck off amd shill.

RX 580 is AMDs answer to the GTX 1060 and is pretty much on par with it albeit a bit more power hungry.
Vega 64 is AMDs answer to the GTX 1080, dunno how it holds up since that segment is not that interesting for me but damn, is it power hungry.

>Vega 64 is AMDs answer to the GTX 1080, dunno how it holds up since that segment is not that interesting for me but damn, is it power hungry.
just mod it bro and push 1000W through the GPU, youl beat the 1080 in no time!

>I'm 14 and too distracted by the shiny video and sounds to actually read posts that I reply to in a different thread
>mommy didn't give me my Ritalin today

Attached: kek.jpg (360x360, 26K)

>creating a housefire is fine when AMD does it
the absolute state

Vega power usage is a meme.
All those 330W benchmarks are using 150% power target. You can get the same performance with 115% power target while never going beyond 250W of usage.

Source: have Vega 64 overclocked to 1.7Ghz and it never peaks beyond 250W

>it's an unofficial BIOS mod to allow the power limit to be increased massively higher
>done by an extreme overclocker and not AMD
>AMD DID IT THOUGH
Wow you can't actually be this retarded.

can someone spoonfeed me on ryzen 2600 vs 2600x

Basically the X versions are higher binned higher clock speed out of the box versions.
You can OC a non X chip to same or very close to X clocks, but it migth take a bit more voltage.
X chips also come with better coolers I think with the Zen+ chips.

2600 if you plan to oc
2600x if you dont plan to oc

x it is, hope it is worth the extra 50 bucks

2600 if you just want to do a 4.1 or 4.2 GHz old fashioned OC, or want the lower power stock TDP.
2600X if you want good stock performance and don't want to OC, OR want an even higher OC with PBO and BCLK OC with the later requiring a high end board.

Another classic.
>i-it's not AMD offically shilling so it's fine
>you don't have to use 300W of extra power to get those results, the guys did it just for fun XD
amd shills are like a broken record

Who are you quoting?

Any answer =(?

>3700X not even released
>Wait for 4700X
>Why wait for 5700X?
>Just wait for 6700X!

Stock results are also in the video, retard.

>Just wait for 6700X!
6700x would clearly be the best to wait for.
TFW zen+++++ btfos intel.

>AMD on neurogenic gelpacks in 2030
>Intel back to cardridge bendium CPUs

Slot CPUs are based.

Attached: L_AMD-AMD-K7600MTR51B C (front).jpg (763x383, 47K)

Oh, so the whole
>just overclock, undervolt, and flash bios to vega bro. You can do all these with no drawbacks goy vega is best value
Is another lie pushed by the namefag shill? Who would have thought.
Watch him still recommending vega with a 1000w psu now rofl

Please compare these two builds:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4n7TV6

pcpartpicker.com/list/VGcqV6

The main difference is Ryzen 7 1700 vs R5 2600. Which one should I choose? 2600 has a bit higher clock and is generally newer, but 1700 got 2 extra cores and I heard Zen and Zen+ are in fact barely different. Atm I am leaning towards 1700.

>That GPU
I already have it, so no questions

>TUF
>2400 RAM

ECC is a meme. You most likely won't encounter RAM errors in your lifetime.

>TUF
So what is bad about that, my friend has one and it works for him.

It's the same shit as all other bottom of the barrel budget boards bzt with slightly more bling.

That is not an undervolting test.

So it's true. The intel shills are Indians.
They must be more effective at shilling in their native countries. They're easy to smell in most other countries.

Attached: indian shills.png (1024x619, 425K)

Back again to ask for advice

>Currency
USD
>Uses
Mostly gayman (DCS:World is the main thing i'm trying to meet performance for)
>Monitor
Don't need to buy one, I have a 1440p 144hz monitor from my previous build

Currently leaning towards R7 2700x + 1080ti but i really don't wanna gut my savings that hard. Also looking for a decent non-windowed/non RGB fuckfest case and parts.

Attached: 1450081243803.png (837x602, 255K)

Yeah funny how the amd shills always leave out that important information.

>intlel is for chinks, poos, and aussie shitposters
checks out

Attached: 1540282523364.png (750x563, 368K)

>buy vega 56, keep it stock
>cheaper and comparable performance to nvidias offering
>you can OC it to match an offering about $150 more, but with some risks
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE DELET THIS YOU MUST PAY TWICE AS MUCH NO MEANINGFUL OC'S ALLOWED

wow by that logic the 9900k is a great deal.

It would be if it cost $300 and could be OCd to house fire status instead of being advertised at Chernobyl meltdown temps, now begone intlel shill

>point out that intel sucks for the same reasons that amd shills defend the vega 56 being a housefire with mods
>shoo intel shill
ah right, I forgot, that in your world only intel shills and amd shills exist, nobody else.

Intel shills are often Nvidia shills as well desu, at least until Intel comes out with their own gpus i.e. never ever

>building a small form factor pc
this is what i currently have in Australia, mainly for gaming, having a hard time deciding what case is good
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/7CDxkd

>Can't you output the same video to two different outputs?

I can, my gpu has one displayport and three hdmi. Wouldn't using two clone screen use more of my gpu?

>I'd also really not recommend a capture card. You can make a tiny headless R7 1700 HTPC instead

I'm an idiot and I don't understand, googling didn't help

How true is the meme that Nvidia gimps older cards to make the newer lines look better? I'd consider buying a used Pascal for my current build but I will never give that company one red cent directly by buying a new one.

What's the real non still answer:
>Can you emulate with ryzen and AMD gpu?

*non shill
Fuck phone posting.

>I'm an idiot and I don't understand, googling didn't help
Not sure what you'd google

Eh AMD does it slightly. It's just AMD doesn't do it as bad and have more refreshes which makes the older refreshed cards benefit.
It's mostly not so much driver gimping as... they focus driver optimizations for new games on new cards.
So comparatively, the older cards fall behind in newer games even though they are physically capable of doing better if drivers were better supporting them.
AMD GPUs also tend to be more forward looking with features. Like recently their better HDR 10bit support has been highlighted. Those things make AMD cards age better regardless of drivers gimping them or not. Nvidia gimped their cards *feature wise* so they could add that later and claim so big improvement in HDR when they shouldn't have been gimped in the first place.

You CAN but AMD GPU is going to be slow on more demanding OpenGL emulators. So it's fine for Dolphin, which isn't too demanding, or emulators with Vulkan support. But if you want to use a demanding emulator which is OpenGL only like Cemu, it's not ideal.
And a 2600X is going to emulate similar to like a 4.3GHz 4790k but ~25% behind 14nm *lake CPUs in some emulators which use TSX instructions. 4790k is perfectly fucking good at running emulators, so that's fine and not what the shills make it out to be.

You can emulate on a Pentium 1. You aren't giving enough information here.

Sorry. I want to try BotW and some older titles. I have a Vega 56 and 2700x

Bought used Samsung 850 Evo. 30TB written. Am I fucked?

Attached: pepe-sweating.png (640x628, 150K)

>I'm an idiot and I don't understand, googling didn't help
Got side tracked.
Anyway it just means you'd make a separate PC to do the encoding. This way it's software encoding running on a CPU, which will be vastly superior quality to a dedicated encoder.
You don't need a GPU or anything on this other machine. Just a mITX board and CPU if you want. You'd connect to it through something like windows remote desktop connection, putty, or whatever. Or you can just have a cheap used $15 GPU to make things easier.
reddit.com/r/Twitch/comments/7hawd8/dedicated_streaming_pc_ryzenbased_setup/ has a few details. Dunno where you'd find more info really, but that's the idea and it's a common practice because, again, it's the highest quality at equivalent cost to those expensive dedicated encoders. Also allows more flexibility over how you use it since it's not some proprietary card.

So try it.

you fucked up when you bought used storage in the first place

250 GB: 75 TBW
500 GB/1 TB: 150 TBW
2/4 TB: 300 TBW

if you got the 250gb then you've halfed the lifetime of the drive, but if you got the other ones then you'll be ok

Thank you for the info, I'll give it a good read

What's a Jow Forums recommended 1080p 144hz TN panel for gayman?

get a zowie monitor to be like shroud xd

Dont know who shroud is desu, I just want to have a buttery smooth experience and I figure TN with freesync is the best bet

I don't know much about 1080p monitors. Don't know why you wouldn't just get 1440p 144hz IPS considering they're $300-$400 for good monitors. At only 3ms response time, that Mbest monitor doesn't seem to have much of ghosting. And a lot of them have blur removal strobing if that's what you're into.
I'd rather turn down settings on 1440p than play maxed on 1080p. It's just much more crisp.

I'd assume an AOC or something for 1080p TN, but again don't really know.

>You most likely won't encounter RAM errors in your lifetime.
RAM errors are almost certain.
cs.toronto.edu/~bianca/papers/sigmetrics09.pdf

and there's Rowhammer attacks

>freesync
Yikes.

got that cheap freesync alienware 25" with 240hz
im gonna buy two more

That's also an option, but my budget is limited. I have about $700-750 for a monitor and a new GPU to handle it, so I figure if I spend $400 on a monitor my gpu wouldn't be powerful enough, so that's why I was leaning 1080p.

>goysync
wew

Any good 1070ti deal under $400?

You sound insecure. I never recommended any form of shitsync.

What's the verdict on refurb monitors with 90day warranties? Thinking of grabbing a refurb Acer XB271HU 144hz 1440p gsync IPS montior for ~$480 from ebay since there's a global 10% code for everything right now. I don't have the PC to fully support it but I'm planning on building one out by Feb next year, so I'd be treating it more as an investment.

>480 for a monitor
YIKES
>480 for a refurb monitor
YIKERS
>480 for a refurb shitsync monitor
MAJOR YIKERINO
Average iq of those thread is slowly reaching 40.

That's nice. I want it.

>i want a smooth responsive monitor
>let me uhm add shitsync and make it unresponsive piece of shit
I swear to god everyone here has reaction times of 2 seconds.

uhhh $310 for that Mbest monitor + $370 Vega 56 = $680.

Huh, thought it would cost more than that desu

1440p 144hz or 1080p 144hz with vega 56

Explain it to me like I was retarded user, why would I not want the option to use x-sync?

red dragon vega 56 or sapphire pulse vega 56?

phew.. it's 500 gb.. so it's bad not too bad I guess.. thanks senpai

Attached: 2018-10-25_19-47-53.png (900x652, 226K)

Both are equally shit

I'm moving houses, what's a good desk to put my PC on?

Attached: 1540406576000.gif (320x240, 95K)

Nope. Now is a better time than ever to go for 1440p. Good new monitors. GPUs to drive it are relatively cheap.
1080p is pretty much the new 720p. It's just ultra poorfag shit.

GCN has always been better suited to higher resolutions.
Again, like I said: I'd rather play at 1440p at lower settings to get high frame rates than 1080p maxed.

Like.. Path of Exile on my RX560. I get 70-110fps at 1920x1200 maxed with 4x MSAA enabled.
At 2560x1600 maxed with AA disabled, it both looks cleaner and runs at the same exact 70-110fps.
Similar is true for most games.
You don't need so much AA at higher resolutions, nor some other settings.

He is just being a dumb shill.
Freesync/Gsync can add like 5-10ms of extra delay. It's nothing you'll notice, compared to the noticeable screen tearing and microstutters you get without it.

Ideally you'd play everything at 144fps minimum. For games like CSGO, it's ideal to just disable it since you'll stay at/above 144fps fine. But that's not true for all games.

Whichever is cheaper. They tend to take turns being on sale. Or if you're limited to a shorter card, the Pulse. If you're limited to 2 slots, the Red Dragon. Pretty easy decision.

>I'm moving houses, what's a good desk to put my PC on?
Custom built and integrated. You can get legs and/or wall mounts for cheap at Amazon. Get imperfect wood they're going to throw away at local wholesaler.

They add noticeable input delay unless you're 80yo grandma.
>recommend people to stop wasting money and buy cheaper monitors
>shill
You lowered the average iq to 30 nice job buddy.

Sapphire nitro+ rx580 8go is back at 200€ here. Worth upgrading from a 970 at that price ? Wait ?

Attached: 1530706626894.png (544x583, 303K)

Did you buy it not knowing how much has been written to it?
Anyway, 30TB is about 3 years worth of being used as a system drive for a Windows install, to give you an estimate of how much longer you can expect it to last.

It's what, like ~25% better? Not a big upgrade.
I'd say wait for 7nm GPUs unless you absolutely can't just turn down settings when you need to on your GTX 970.

hi /pcbg/

R9 390 died recently and looking for used RX580. should i look out for GPUs used for mining?

I can sell you my used 380 what you say? Not even much gaming on it since i was busy with school.

>faster than 1070
Isn't this the video where it beats a 2070?

As long as you can stress test it when inspecting it, I don't see a problem with an ex mining card if it's cheap.