Not all innovation is good

Not all innovation is good

Attached: vpavic_180225_2340_0110.0.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

if it's not good is it really innovation?

I think we've come to use that term a bit too loosely

At least on Android you can hide the notch.

>At least on Android you can hide the notch.
at least companies selling android devices have a reason to CREATE ONE

The notch on the left unironically looks better than apple's. Pity about the chin though

What's with the notch hate anyway? I agree it doesn't look very good but I thought people would welcome more screen space? Not like the missing strip on the status bar matters usage-wise.

That extra screen space is fucking useless

I have things in my status bar I need that space for. Besides, some people want the clock in the centre

It's not like people couldn't have those things before the notch
It's not like anyone wanted a couple of extra pixels on the top corners for that shit
Nobody asked for this

Was meant for

>nobody asked for this

so you don't want bezeless phones? the notch, as ugly as it is, is a start. as of now it's just a way for companies to claim a larger screen size in a smaller body. eventually it'll be gone and the smaller form factor will stick around.

All this rant about notches (justified, but they'll disappear) and nobody cares about those DISGUSTING ROUNDED SCREEN CORNERS?

>So you don't want bezeless phones?
No. Touching the edge of the screen by holding it normally is annoying

The best design was the iPhone 4. Everything else is a step backwards.

I'm not totally rejecting the idea of the notch if you can set its background black, but on the iPhones the icons on it are positioned to weirdly. Look at that the repection indicator. That shit is totally out of place.

If you have expanded desktop permanently enabled, then sure. Otherwise, how?

I reckon you belong to an extremely small minority, but I can certainly accept that it's not for you.

No they don't? At least the iPhone has tiny bezels and Face ID, that's the excuse, I don't know how many Android phones I've seen with a notch and a huge fucking chin that could have fit all that shit anyways.

>at least companies selling android devices have a reason to CREATE ONE
They don't. They just tried hard to mimic what Applel did, and did it even worse most of the time. The notch is a cancer that no one asked for.
The only people who buy android phones with notches are those who want an iPhone look-a-like without being an actual iphone just to not burn retarded amounts of money (or to not be humilliated by androidfags on the internet)

Extra screen space is a marketing meme. Nobody cared about screen to body ratio before Galaxy S8 or iPhone X. (((They))) made it important for us as they're running out of new features or real "innovation".

>Extra screen space is a marketing meme.
This has to be among the dumbest shit I've ever read on Jow Forums. As expected of someone who unironically employs triple parentheses.

>This has to be among the dumbest shit I've ever read on Jow Forums.

Have you ever tried to press a button on the very bottom or top of the screen? It's almost impossible with one hand. I really wouldn't mind bezels that much, as the screen ratio isn't 16:9 anymore either (so there's no benefit when watching videos)

>As expected of someone who unironically employs triple parentheses.

What the fuck are you talking about?

>(so there's no benefit when watching videos)
>watching videos on a fucking phone

That's already an issue with huge phones and putting controls at the bottom is about to become the norm anyway. If it doesn't make my device any bigger, I welcome being able to fit more info on my screen. But you're welcome to suggest they should shrink the whole thing to accommodate the notch instead of making the screen larger; that wouldn't be too bad either.

>What the fuck are you talking about?
>(((They)))

>implying there's innovation op's pic

the iphone still has the largest fucking bezels, you retarded mongoloid.

I love the notch. It looks weird when it just cuts off the background, but i just use the feature to turn the left and right black so i basicly have a statusbar on top and under that a big screen that doesn't need space for status shit

Some innovations are worse than others.

Attached: image.jpg (1177x750, 283K)

Think of zoomers and normies. A lot of people don't even own a PC or tablet anymore.

>What's with \__________/ anyway?
huh?

Adding to that, thinner aspect ratios have become prevalent regardless of notches. The notch itself doesn't actually play into the issue you raise.

You're cute, user.

>You're cute, user.
Y-you're cute t-too!
Wanna be my bf? >~

>be me
>on and off android ios user
>currently on iphone se, wanting to go to android again
>everything has a fucking notch
Could they not? This is actually turning me away from new phones. All I want is an s8 without touchjizz