Old soviet radio. Will it blend?

Hi guys.
I found this old radio in the basement, and I was wondering if you could tell me if it works or if it's fucked.
I live in eastern urop, I know radio frequencies changed somewhat after we joined the 'west'. The only stations I could get on it (barely) ware some russian stations and one hungarian. But it was in the middle of the night and outdoors.
Now I can't get anything on it and I wonder if it's just broken, since I found a video of a brit that bought one and his works fine:
youtube.com/watch?v=GTqms7XgoZE

I recorded mine: youtu.be/DkczG402lTU

I guess something got fucked inside it, what do you guys think?

Found some intel on it:
>Nevsky PR-302 Russian Pocket Radio Receiver USSR Works MW SW AM

Attached: DSCF4522.jpg (2848x2136, 2.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YlbiyiuMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

bumop

bump

Bumupuru.

I think that's really cool and I have no idea what do do but when my roommate wakes up I will ask him since he is into amateur radio so he might know how to check if it's broken or something

Soviet technology thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=x2YlbiyiuMc

Attached: soviet-poster-3.jpg (600x900, 141K)

Jesus christ you don't need to bump it every 5 minutes.

Also take a picture where we can actually read what's on the face of the radio.

Thanks mate.

Batteries dead? You said you found it in a basement, it probably had a tiny bit of juice left when you tried it and now its got none.

Doesn't sound like static reception either (no white noise) so I'd bet it being the batteries.

He doesn't know what to do I'm so sorry ;_;

Attached: 1501828858276.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

Nah I installed a new one, you can see the backlight shines great.Funny, that old-style little light bulb.

These old radios have adjustable inductors inside that were manually tuned at the factory to set the frequency ranges, probably can be tuned again by some one who knows what they are doing. But yeah seeing as how it's doing the same thing regardless of where you set the variable capacitor (what you're actually doing when you turn the frequency wheel), something is fucked inside.

Hm. I've noticed this radio is MW/SW only. Aren't many MW stations in Russia anymore. Try scanning it at night when MW reception from Europe increases, and if that doesn't work something is definitely dead.

Thanks anyway mate.

I'm in Poland. I was supprised that UK guy from vid could receive british radio stations.
Oh well.

Oh then yeah if you can't receive anything in the day here then its very likely broken. You can probably take it to some electronics junkie who will fix it pretty easily if you want it.

Ask the youtuber to scan and upload the schematics, and troubleshoot it yourself, it doesn't look that much complicated if you know basic electronics. Probably a capacitor went bad or something, you have to check it.

pretty sure soviet union used a different radio band, because they didn't want people to listen to "freedom radio"
afaik it's lower, 70-90 MHz or something, idk

Yup, OIRT. Japan uses 70-90(95?) MHz for their FM band.

OP I confirm. We switched to western in early 90's if I recall. Don't remember details though.

I'd definitely fix it, old Soviet stuff is cool

t. FED-2 owner

It's not really a Soviet radio btw. This particular model was made in the 90s.

Useless. It can't listen to FM because the communists wanted to keep people in the utopia. I believe the radios that could were extremely rare and sought after behind the curtain, for obvious reasons.

Ok it's dark now, I managed to catch 3 russian & 1 hungarian stations on "KB" setting, and 1 italian, 2 french, 2 russian on "CB". Though, barely, in very narrow spectrum, and often with this ty-ty-ty-ty bu-bu-bu-bu noise like in the video.
I thought I once read that those are signs of some transistor being burned out or something.
Do you guys think reception outside city might be better? Could microwave interferences from all those wifi & mobile networks cause it? I know it's a completely different frequency, but still.

Attached: 2018-10-25 20.25.14.jpg (2560x1920, 1.45M)

I think it was because FM was used by military in the Warsaw pact. People in Poland still listened to Radio Free Europe, though in the secrets of their own houses at night, and despite commies trying to jamm it from military radio station located in Otwock near Warsaw.

Fun fact - it was located in the very same place where Poles worked on cracking Enigma machine before the WW2.

I think the dial mentions "Made in USSR" although obviously in Russian.

A lot of Soviet designs survived into the 90s however because shit was fucked and domestic development ground to a halt while foreign stuff was too expensive.

Nice cat. What do you call it?

Can confirm. The dial says "made in USSR"

Also, OP identified this model in his first post, are you blind?

Fox #2.

Had to put down Fox #1 last summer, managed to convince my little kid it's the same Fox but he was in kitty hospital. Srsly, gingers all look like clones.

Also have this one, it's KB/CB too, found 2 russian (barely) 1 italian stations on CB, 2 russian ones on KB.
Funny cause it has no external antena, only a plug to connect one.

Attached: 2018-10-25 21.55.57.jpg (1920x2560, 1.42M)

Check on there should be radio general

Blogging dadstory from memory that is somewhat related
>state of the art soviet radio technology finally shipped to bulgaria for military use
>father is part of the test team
>4 men have to lift the wardrobe sized steel monstrosity and barely manage to put it inside the truck
>needs huge ass antenna too
>hilly area, test goal - radio contact to station ~10km away, morse code only and no complicated voice thing
>hours later and countless failed attempts, commander goes to the nearest phone, contacts central, and uses it to establish successful "radio contact"
>test success - the equipment is suitable for use

Soviet workmanship and design is abysmal and doubly so in any kind of electronics, it worsens even more when it comes to stuff not meant for the army. You know shit's bad when pre ww2 radios are better.