Much slower than RTX 2070

videocardz.com/78741/final-fantasy-xv-gpu-benchmark-page-lists-radeon-vega-20

>Much slower than RTX 2070
>Slower than GTX 1080

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: Vega-20-2160p-Standard-Final-Fantasy.png (1449x724, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html#xy_scatter_graph
techpowerup.com/240879/amd-cancels-implicit-primitive-shader-driver-support
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Polaris-2019-0x6FDF
seekingalpha.com/article/4205859-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-management-presents-2018-deutsche-bank-technology-conference?part=single
kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/utils/pciutils/pciutils/ /refs/tags/v3.6.1/pci.ids
compubench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=compu20d&os=Windows&api=cl&D=AMD 66A0:00&testgroup=info
elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c#L773
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Final Fantasy XV benchmark
dropped

AMDrones want off the wild ride the new intels already teared them a new one with 10-30% more performance and 20% share losses

>Final Fagtasy coded with close coperation with Nvidia
>performs much better than AMD
who'd a thunked it??

It's RX 590, not Vega 20, you dumb fucks. Videocardz is full of shit as always.

>Dual 36CU Polaris
AMD IS FINISHED

too bad we already have a 3D Mark score which tells us its 10% faster than 580 you turd

>590 is 10% faster than 580
So what exactly is your point?

it would be behind both vegas in OPs graph brainlet

are you a retard?
AMD offers much more performance for the same price than intel.
cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_available.html#xy_scatter_graph

>amdrones are poorfags
But could they power my 8K VR

>a likely sub $300 Polaris refresh is slower than a $400+ vega
Why is this a problem?

Who cares if it's cheaper than the 1080?

Share loss wasn't related to Intel at all. It's been a current overall trend in the US stock market. Intel and Nvidia have both been seeing massive losses as well over the last month.

>professional card for workstations
>performs badly at a game
water, wet.

I wish the there was still a huge demand for Rx480 and RX580 so i could sell my card and buy this new card looks great if it's price slithly above the rx 580 ...

*THIRD QUARTER REVENUE DOES NOT MATTER
*FOURTH QUARTER REVENUE DOES NOT MATTER
*STOCKS DON'T MATTER
*GPUS DON'T MATTER

What the hell are you on?
Stock do not reflect real life in most instance. they are reflection of what the public Thinks it's worth...
the Public.

>Incelcucks so desperate they can't come up with their own meme, just steal the current one
found the pic of you cocksucker

Attached: 1538773645623.png (490x586, 44K)

>*PUBLIC REFLECTION DOES NOT MATTER

Public ruling is good and healthy.

What are mobs ?
What are Lynching ?
if you think the general public is healthy enough to rule itself your way to young and naive .
The public doesn't research and always react base on emotions.

>MUH ASYNC
>MUH HBM
>MUH 7NM

Attached: 1536011346414.png (653x726, 35K)

>Intel literally has no new CPUs and the older ones that do exist are overpriced to hell and back
>Nvidia GPUs are more expensive than the previous generation
>AyyyMD still manages to be slower and not make revenue that they set for the year

KEK

Attached: 1523235343150.jpg (552x661, 71K)

exactly. how matters stock market shit to me when i don't own shares?

>vega FE is a pro card!!!!!!!!!! vega RX will be faster!!! wait!

sup faggot

Attached: vegafe_air2.jpg (2082x1325, 343K)

from a retail pc working point of you...
Fucking public is super brand loyal ...
Intel all the way .
But your doing Video rendering and photoshop
they still want a 8500 lock shit vs a 2600 ..

>muh 16GB for gaymen

No. It's a pro card.

>professional card for workstations
Then it will be professional card specifically made for niche thing in some weird software performs poorly in workstation tasks
>water is wet

This is my point, this card have the same performance than RX Vega 64.

Go back to /v/eddit.

>yet another vega
unless its dirt cheap, why and for what pvrpose?

gayman drivers are shit, prim shaders aren't working. now show us the workstation benchmarks. FE kills quaddros, you turbosperg.

>unless its dirt cheap

Attached: 1537626961582.jpg (677x1024, 58K)

What country?

Is there any hope "muh async" and something about primitive shaders will matter this time?

Attached: Dirt_1080p (1).png (1295x1392, 45K)

Vega 64 = Vega Frontier

Isn't Vega 20 a workstation card?

>AMD Cancels Implicit Primitive Shader Driver Support

techpowerup.com/240879/amd-cancels-implicit-primitive-shader-driver-support

>ffxv
that game just run shitty on amd cards.
so does ffxii. rx580 is equivalent to 1050ti in that game.
the state of squeenix.

only for games that AMD help optimise. besides Deus Ex MD most of the games AMD is working with are VERY nice
keep in mind that Vega20 is a workstation card and not a gayman card. if you're in dire need just pull the trigger on a budget. Navi said to be released 2H 2019, don't hold your breath. dunno if they FINALLY manage to get all features working, no word on performance either (some rumour say 1080ti level of performance, no idea where this came from)

Attached: 1524693615405.png (330x437, 166K)

FUCK

Attached: amd_rn.jpg (500x680, 40K)

Anyone who understands anything about GCN's limitations in its current form would be able to tell you that this result could only be Vega 20 if Vega 20 was clocked at similar clocks as Vega 64.

48+ CU GCN is front end geometry bottlenecked at 4 triangles per clock, so the clock speed entirely determines performance relative to other 48+ GCN based GPUs.

Since we know TSMC's 7nm node is capable of much higher clocks, this result is likely not representative of what Vega would do on 7nm at max clocks.

Yeah, because Raja never even started development of it prior to Vega's release. Presumably AMD is going to fix GCN's geometry bottleneck from the ground up instead.

Radeon Instinct?
more like radeon extinct right?

Should I get a vega 56 despite the ~100W extra power consumption compared to the GTX 1070? I'm really confused since it outperforms the 1070 5-10% in a lot of games but I'm really not sure if it makes the power consumption worth it. Both cards are like $400 right now.

Attached: Slide1.png (1282x1768, 91K)

sony is developing navi for gaymen.
should be good.

If you have the patience to undervolt and overclock It, then Vega 56 is a much better card than the 1070. Vega 56 can be made virtually 100% as fast as Vega 64 with proper tuning.

Cool, I'll seriously consider that. Thanks fren.

Attached: Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Efficiency.png (1016x622, 32K)

wtf

pretty much as this user saidbeware that not every card can be super undervolt AND oc'd. buy one and try, if it sucks get a 1070

Besides what this guy says let's do the math.

100W/1000W x 10 hours gayman = 1kWhr
Where I live electricity is like $.13/kWhr, and I play at my most autistic about 20 hours a week. Each week I would save $0.26, or $13.50/year. By the time I replace my GPU I wont have saved more that $30 or $40.

This is all at full synthetic load btw, so in reality the difference in electricity cost would likely be even less. Then factor in how sloppy nvidia drivers get overtime, and you're looking at a shorter time to replace if you go with the 1070.

>Vega 56 can be made virtually 100% as fast as Vega 64 with proper tuning.
how? which implementation do you recommend?
is sapphire's Nitro+ any good?

>vega 20

amd themselfs already told we wont see any 7nm for at least a year so this is basicly the 590

no as its likely the 670 or 680 which comes with gdr6

>1,250-1,350mV @ 1.4GHz turbo stock
Why the fuck is AMD releasing vega with such a batshit insane overvolt? I've heard of so many people achieving 1,400 to 1,500MHz around 1,100-1,200mV when the buttcoin mining craze was at its peak. Is there a QC problem?

Attached: 1538685539419.jpg (480x480, 25K)

*gddr

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMD-Polaris-2019-0x6FDF

Are you all fucking retarded?

0x6FDF is Poolaris

66AF:C1 is Pooga 20

Stop trying to mislead when you don't know shit

there isnt any 680 amd called it 590

amd always release cards overvolted because when you undervolt them they gain quite a lot of perfomance

stop trying to bullshit everyone saying its any CONSUMER vega
amd cfo not even 2 months ago confirmed that there wont be ANY VEGA CONSUMER untill late 2019/2020
seekingalpha.com/article/4205859-advanced-micro-devices-inc-amd-management-presents-2018-deutsche-bank-technology-conference?part=single

its a fucking polaris end of story

NO

kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/utils/pciutils/pciutils/ /refs/tags/v3.6.1/pci.ids

66a0 Vega 20 [Radeon Instinct]
66a1 Vega 20
66a2 Vega 20
66a3 Vega 20
66a7 Vega 20 [Radeon Pro Vega 20]
66af Vega 20

66aX is clearly Vega 20 family

Keep on being retarded and being in severe denial & delusion though :^)

It's rumoured and the 590 is too slow to match it for the 4rd time

hmm what should we believe
amd cfo that basicly said that on the shareholders meeting
or
some obscure id that doesnt inform us at all?

compubench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=compu20d&os=Windows&api=cl&D=AMD 66A0:00&testgroup=info

>66A0
>gfx907

If it was Poolaris, it would be gfx800

AYYMDPOORFAGS, they don't know shit and try to shitpost all them time while showing extreme ignorance and cluelessness :^)

By simultaneously undervolting and overclocking. Basically, because Vega has a front end per-clock bottleneck, if you get Vega 56 to clock as high as Vega 64 air, it's just as fast.

Actually, a 48 CU version of Vega at the same clocks would be close to 100% as fast too, in all likelihood.

There are guides online you can find to undervolting and overclocking Vega 56, just search for them.

>game benchmarks of a workstation card without display connectors
OP's a faggot again

>It's RX 590, not Vega 20
But it IS the Vega 20 card listed there.
elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c#L773
You clearly haven't read the Source Code or you would be aware that 0x66AF really does identify a VEGA20 card.

It won't be cheaper than the 1080. VEGA20 is a beast of a card in terms of design. It's got things like DUAL hardware video encoding.

Nasdaq falls -4.5% in a day and AMD and Intel goes down along with every other technology company... and this somehow means "intels already teared them a new one"?

Yes. Really doesn't matter how it performs in games since it won't even have display connectors and it probably won't be in any retail stores either.

>its a fucking polaris end of story
Why are you such an ignorant faggot? these posts
already explained to you that what PCI IDs belong to what cards have been in the source a long time.

Attached: amd-mousepad-autumn-002.jpg (9272x3610, 2.04M)

>poolaris
funny meme, would laugh again 8/10
>pooga
cringy and forced, consider suicide 1/10

shit quality control or something like that

As I noted here , the benchmark is not at all representative of what a 48+ CU Vega would achieve on a 7nm node in gaming, as 7nm should enable clocking significantly higher than current Vega 64, and performance would increase by a similar proportion to the increase in clocks.

Basically, the chart in the OP doesn't tell you anything meaningful about how a gaming oriented Vega 20 would perform. .

>how a gaming oriented Vega 20 would perform.
There won't be any. 5 ID's for CHIP_VEGA12 were added along with CHIP_VEGA20. All the current Vega GPUs are CHIP_VEGA10.

It seems apparent that the next consumer GPU replacing/following the Vega56 and Vega64 will be based on whatever CHIP_VEGA12 is. You'll probably have to buy some $100000 workstation system from HP or another big server vendor to get VEGA20 GPUs, I doubt you'll be able to go to a retailer and buy one ever.

>THE POOS at it again
>I-it's OP's fault, guys! I swear!

Same here, people over here will gladly pay €280 for a 8400 over 170 for a 2600.

Retards the lot of em.

.t computer store owner

>There won't be any.
I'm aware, I was just noting that a gaming oriented Vega 20 would perform significantly better than the chart in the OP indicates as it would almost certainly have a significant clock speed advantage over Vega 10 due to the 7nm node.

we dont know anything about the node amd got
plus they stated already that the consumer "navi" will be on a different uarch

>no 1070 OC vs 56 OC comparison

Sure

Attached: NewdeeCawaDoodee.jpg (726x1270, 85K)

>1080 level of performance
>$100 price tag

i see no problem here

>*NEW* GPU doesn't matter

My Vega 56 does 1440 MHz @ 820 mV with 960 MHz on the HBM2.

Performance in The Witcher 3 @ 1440p, ultra settings in Novagrad is 7% higher than the stock card while consuming 14% less power (~185 W).

>we dont know anything about the node amd got
Do you have any reason to believe its a different TSMC 7nm node than the one being used for Zen 2? As I understand the present rumors, Zen 2 is expected to use the HP version of TSMC's 7nm node, and I assumed that Vega 20 is likely being made on the same version.

I think it's fair to assume TSMC 7nm HP would allow higher clocks than the 14nm process Vega 10 is fabbed on.

>plus they stated already that the consumer "navi" will be on a different uarch
Yes, but that's not relevant to a discussion of how a gaming orienting version of Vega 20 would perform, and why the graph in the OP is not at all representative of what that performance would be.

>who cares if it's 1 penny cheaper than the 1080

FPS? would love to have a Vega56 but it wasn't available under 500€ when my old card died. got a 1070 for 360€ which was a awesome price at that time.

This is it. Note I run through the densest parts of the city.

Attached: witcher3novagradbenchmark.png (2560x1400, 209K)

So the RX 590 will be a dual chip card after all.
Makes sense if they want to get rid out their stock.

I like it. good work

No,its not.

>GimpWorse OFF
Discarded

DELETE THIS

Attached: nvidiot_mad.png (900x600, 492K)

dam...

No. You can also use a registry hack tp ush crazy amounts of power through Vega 56 and beat a stock RTX 2070. Gaymans Next Ass just put up a video showing the numbers. I would not recommend it though unless you want a power outage and an exploding GPU unless you cool it like crazy.
Vega 56 is actually an OK GPU in the midrange market and once Pascal goes low on stock is still a reasonable alternative once you dial the settings.

>to push

Intel will become irrelevant when AMD gets to 7nm next year.

It won't tho, 7nm is more expensive.

Just so you know, the Final Fantasy benchmark has already been discarded by every major reviewer. It's flawed and Square Enix continues to embarrass itself with it.

Attached: 1267494787730.jpg (604x360, 31K)

Attached: blacked.png (1228x1502, 944K)

Jeez..can\t even beat a GTX 1080 from more than 2.5 years ago. What are you doing AMD?

>What are you doing AMD?
What they do best. Shilling.

Vega 7nm is NOT a gaymer card and will NOT be sold to consumers.
FF XV benchmark is known to be broken.

>Using FF XV benchmark on a brand new GPU ID as an indicator of performance.
It's almost like they intended to make it look bad.

>>Nvidia GPUs are more expensive than the previous generation

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.03.41 PM.png (3360x2100, 1.2M)