pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Last Thread

Attached: DSC_1415.jpg (4928x3264, 3.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

maxgaming.se/gaming-tangentbord/va109mac-white-pbt-white-led-mx-clear-mac
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ah, is this the retarded consumer general? Neat!

no that would be /hpg/
this is the reddit general

any insights on the comparisons between zilents and aliaz? I just found out the aliaz are like half the price and might go for them instead. but I don't want to wait for another set of switches to ship to test; especially if they are fairly similar.

Aliaz are just silent browns in Zilent housings.

Those are the only reasons I come to Jow Forums.

reddit and retarded consumerism?

Attached: casg.jpg (591x336, 25K)

How do I make my keyboard more ergonomic? Should I buy a wrist rest? Should I buy a compact/tkl keyboard? Should I buy an ergonomic keyboard? Only thing is that I'm hesitant on buying a new keyboard because this one still works fine

>inb4 gaymer
Had this for a while, long enough to kinda grow out of it and I now do more typing than gaming

Attached: 20181025_000023.jpg (3264x1836, 1.4M)

just follow the proper typing posture. no need to get a better keyboard if you don't know how to type correctly

Hey guys, I'm looking for a keyboard that feels really nice to type on. How loud it is doesn't really matter. Size is also flexible. What's the best I can do for ~$100 USD? I don't want to build anything. Thanks.

ah, so the tactility is that much lower? thought they were too good to be true

yes. unfortunately zilents are still the most tactile mx silent switch you can

Get a Grifiti wrist rest. Problem solved.

Unicomp Model M

many thanks for saving me a load of frustration!

>Two /mkg/'s

Attached: thinking_cat.jpg (640x853, 63K)

Any specific one you'd recommend? There's a few variants. I had a 'glorius gayming wristrest' before and I hated it because it was too stiff and high

Thanks for the rec, that thing looks badass. And the price is right.

Attached: 00UB40P4A-1_800x533.jpg (800x533, 235K)

wrist rests aren't good for you. you'd be better of getting a good chair with some nice arm rests

What is the safest switches to go with without trying them out? Really don't want to order those demo bars.

I like not much resistance. Easy to press. Don't care if it's loud.

Look at Grifiti brand.

blues are babies first mech switch so go for those

To be clear I'm buying the WASD VP3 61-key

They're good if you have wrist pain, or uncomfortable hands/wrists.

not really there are much better solutions. all what you're doing with a wrist rest is causing CTS. arm rest are so much better

Attached: mouse_rest.gif (363x223, 16K)

Or you could stop typing like a retard and learn Colemak.

Roccat Suora is best keyboard I've used in many years

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I second the recommendation. Can't go wrong with it if you're in the US. Pic is my unicomp where I wasted extra money for the colored legends

Attached: IMG_20180416_105740.jpg (3264x2448, 1.84M)

Another pic from when I first got it. Sadly, the QC issues are real, so I've had to send it in for repairs before

Attached: IMG_20150106_193954.jpg (3264x2448, 1.88M)

>Budget
Under 120$

>Location (continent at least)
Scandinavia

>Preferred switch type
I'm told to get MX clear but I can't find a 100% keyboard with clear with nordic layout ;_; I don't play a lot of games nowadays so writing is #1, but I want a keyboard that is high quality for gaming at the same time should I relapse back into degeneracy

>Layout
Nordic only

>Form factor
100%

>Backlight
Don't care

>Previous/current keyboards
Had Qpad MK80 MX blue (was great, spilled water)
Current placeholder: Noppoo Choc Mini MX red (god it's trash)

Wat get?

Attached: Imagine a world without Israel.jpg (455x437, 41K)

Hmm that makes me worry a little. I'm actually located in Canada.

>step 1: buy klicky keyboard
>step 2: buy fancy lego set to put on top of it, so I can show off for many internet points
>step 3: shit wobbles and jiggles and wiggles like fuck, but it does do the klicky every once in a while
A..am I doing this wrong?

Attached: FallingDown_137Pyxurz.jpg (1600x1194, 147K)

What keyboard is it? I want to know what to avoid.

As much as I love typing on mine, I'd still say you may be right to worry a little. Shipping will be pricy, especially if it craps out and you need to get repairs

You sure it's not the SA legos that are the problem here?

Oh, could be, sure.

>shit wobbles and jiggles and wiggles like fuck
hahahahahahahahaha fuck also abs caps are a mistake

>go to look up mech keyboards on amazon
>took three pages to find a result over 100 dollars
did the price of switches drop dramatically or is amazon shitting in my mouth and calling it bread?

Cherry patents expired a couple years ago. So, both options. Switch prices dropped because cheapass Chinese manufacturers are making them now

so whats the best way to know im not getting ripped off?

First, make sure the keyboard you're buying lists its switches, and that they're cherry or gateron. Second, stick to know good brands. Third, you can post a link and ask about it here.

Sadly you can't trust amazon reviews at all anymore

lets try this uaing alt as space so bare with me

>about 150 dollars
>U.S.A ohio
>blues i like the click
>qwerty
>full but could go tenkeyless in a pinch
>yes
>old ducky legend that i dont even think is made anymore

my hands get sweaty and dirty all the time, is it worth it to switch to a mechanical keyboard, or should i stick to my cheapo membrane keyboard?
i dont want to have to clean it every few days
would i be able to eat near my keyboard?

You just like the anime pictures, admit it.

>eating at your computer

I play Civilization V and eat, you only need one hand to play that game. If I get drunk as shit I eat plenty of shit, one time I woke up with a melted keycap.

Why can't /mkg/ always start with good chinese cartoons like /hpg/?

Get a floating keycap board. Easy to clean with canned air. Also, the good news is that most cheap chinkshit boards are floating keys these days because it helps (((them))) save plastic.

Better advice, though is to just not eat messy food at your computer, obviously

Don't play games, they're a waste of your life.

In as much as any hobby is, never liked the games are bad argument.

Ducky One 2

Ducky One 2

You're wrong there though. I love games and have played plenty in the past. However one day I realized that I no longer was playing games because I enjoyed them and was just playing them out of habit. The fact that you pass out drunk playing a relatively old game that you've already played a shitton means you're problably in that second stage

I pass out drunk playing with two friends I've had for the past 18 years. I don't even play singleplayer games anymore.

I read that when typing, you're supposed to keep your elbows off the chair's arm rest and wrists hovering over the keyboard instead of pressing on the desk. Thus, a wrist rest makes sense.
Yeah but there's grifiti thin, thick, wide, big, small, etc. Are you saying that any will do?
Lately I've been learning how to type properly (fingers on home row), and it's been giving me wrist pain, just like how you describe
I'm learning dvorak. More popular, more ergonomic, it's a recognized standard, it's bundled with Windows, and colemak is only marginally better than dvorak -- however programmer dvorak is better than colemak when programming

Guess I'm oddly fortunate in that none of my friends played PC games

You do you, at least I'm not sat in the dark making model airplanes alone. By your logic browsing Jow Forums is a waste of time.

Then you read wrong.

I'm learning Colemak, more of an online presence than Dvorak. I suggest the thicker pad because it will rise up to your keyboard height better.

Browsing Jow Forums is an acceptably small waste of time

>Ducky One 2
that is absolutely perfect

That's what I have, the build quality is very good.

ABS is not premium in any way.

ABS dissolves in ketones that are on your fatty finger oil.

and the same price as the logishit one i was looking at but if i can get cherry's and no RGB crap for the same price i will

Ducky One 2 in Scandinavia doesn't come with clear switches. Only red blue brown. Should I wait until they get clears in?

Attached: racemixer.jpg (731x420, 84K)

I'm told cherry mx red/blue/brown are all garbage, even on ducky, and the only decent one is clear... so wat do?

Attached: e5ef5b5b13c80879bfff1c35c60fd97852db192113e896a76031a91a85c5e4c3.jpg (500x600, 71K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: PLUM.jpg (800x513, 138K)

I use browns on mine and I think they're okay. I don't have anything to compare them to though.

i dont think it comes with clear switches anywhere but i have always used blues and like them

Attached: kee h p.jpg (2200x1467, 1.14M)

I fell for the 40% meme and ordered this.
What am I in for anons? The switches are MX Clear.

Attached: vortex_core.jpg (1620x1080, 279K)

A dumb meme with the only decent cherry switches.

saving a lot of space and nice digits

That little thing is gorgeous.

for some reason the clear switches are hard to get here in europe, at least in my experience

that's what I was going for

I'm worried it might be too little

It certainly won't be the most efficient board, but I can see it being passable.

maxgaming.se/gaming-tangentbord/va109mac-white-pbt-white-led-mx-clear-mac

This is the only keyboard I can find in all of Scandinavia with clear switch. This or Ducky One 2 with brown/blue?

Attached: Ducky.jpg (800x640, 66K)

Varmilo is fine too, go for it.

Cause that is for reddit.

Attached: eddit.jpg (1024x768, 131K)

... this is actually from a hentai doujin...

Attached: actualhen.jpg (1003x1500, 278K)

>HFKB
>Happy Fucking Keyboard

Attached: man-laughing.jpg (1000x791, 76K)

>What am I in for anons?
You know... at some point, you need to worry if space is worth it when you got 2 goddamn function buttons.

Magicforce 49 is better

Apparently, the white Varmilo is 916 grams. The black one is 1.276 grams.

Will choosing a lighter keyboard fuck me in any way?

If it's the same model number (VA109M) then it'll be the same weight. Chalk that up to the shop's website having incorrect info. That or maybe they confused the weight of the board itself with the weight of the box or who knows.

Am I retarded for actually wanting this set?

Attached: 55e933089ff3e8795e5547a83a8db88b[1].jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Holy fuck yes

>typing on torpe

Attached: 1530621737255.jpg (575x382, 42K)

The white one is a MAC keyboard (but works for Windows too) so it might be different. It's stealthily called VA109Mac. Who knows. I ordered the white one. I guess we'll see when I get it. Thanks a lot for the help

Are there any keyboards that have additional features like volume control, ect, worth looking at?

>master race brown checking in

I bought a Topre and I've ended up selling every keyboard I owned after that except for my planck which has 78g Zealios. I use that in class or on the go with my laptop

>master race brown checking in
kek

Attached: pooin.png (813x542, 682K)

Buy a keyboard with a custom controller and program the features in yourself

>Using BKEs

Attached: putin approves.jpg (300x244, 14K)

Attached: 1450670731440.png (444x440, 290K)

Remember when this place used to be fun?

Attached: fixed.jpg (750x908, 186K)

>referring to brown as poop
>confirmed underdeveloped brain

yes

yes

Attached: 1523897637759.png (1190x968, 807K)

>referring to brown as poop
I was refering to indians but alright.

Also browns are pretty shitty tactile switches.