Yo dude just use a framework man they're so easy!

>literally follow the guide to the fucking letter
>get an error
Fuck your frameworks.

Attached: 5432154123423645.png (928x826, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codementor.io/magarrent/how-to-install-laravel-5-xampp-windows-du107u9ji
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you are fucking braindead if you can't setup laravel. It's not that hard, and It's well worth it.

>bro it's quick and easy
>just install a virtual machine
>then install vagrent
>then fuck around with the configs
You zoomers don't know what the word "simple" means. Simple is a tool like XAMPP that lets you click a single fucking button to get the job done.
But hey, feel free to greentext the instruction guide because I simply don't have the basic time to easily spend on this shit. I'd admit, I must be braindead, because I wasn't there at the Marian Webster meeting when they decided to redefine "simple".

kek

I know that feel.

Btw PHP doesn't need frameworks.

Attached: php.jpg (1280x1024, 30K)

your definition of "simple" is to jam all the complexity out of your sight. The fact of the matter is that you still have the same complexity if not even more so, since now all the complexity that you as the end-user don't have to deal with gets stuffed into an installer script that's been built to handle all the typical use cases the developer was able to think of.

However, you'd still run into the same issue when the installer script fails to cover your use-case, which is what happens to OP, and it's what would happen to XAMPP if it wasn't catering to your particular unique setup.

tl;dr it's the same shit, dipshit

Another pretentious "programmer" defeated by simple web tasks.

shove your simple frameworks and goalpost moving right up your ass bud

>php

Attached: hes dead jim.jpg (1071x1600, 137K)

My goal is to build a few test projects in Laravel, so I can familiarise myself with it and how it works. I don’t need a production-ready environment or even very much bundling; all I want is a simple setup (exactly like XAMPP) that just lets me get straight to writing and testing code. It’s a big ask I know.

>because I simply don't have the basic knowledge

>samefag
found a tut to get laravel working with xampp: codementor.io/magarrent/how-to-install-laravel-5-xampp-windows-du107u9ji
Simplicity made even simpler.

Imagine being so retarded you can't even install a framework.

>doing it in the windows subsystem for linucks
there's your problem, OP.

it's the same when trying to do almost *anything* with fucking android. google's docs are constantly incorrect. same with paypal for their api. you'd think the fuckwits would be able to keep their docs up-to-date, but no.

Run laradock

Attached: 18920457_479378879121015_3998505745045251820_n.jpg (960x720, 64K)

redpill me on php7. used to do php5 like 10 years ago and hated it. is php good now?

Yes

Why even use XAMPP, both Homestead and Valet, or fucking hell, even PHP's built in server are easy to use, you autistic mongoloids, maybe stop using fucking Windows

>laravel
I'd rather die, thanks.

Probably bait but I'll ask anyway.

Why?

Theres Python, Ruby, Javascript. Golang, Haskell, Rust, Elixir and you choose PHP of all things?

It is made by a literal faggot that's why. "Artisan", it's fucking PHP, it's a fucking pajeet tier language.

I switched to Node.js & Python, and found plenty of jobs. Fuck PHP it's for maintaining old websites, it's crap for new projects.

I am so much happier without that cancerous language with the absurd namespaces.

At which PHP version did you make the switch?

Although I understand where you're coming from,it's becoming better.

>just installing whatever is on master
Dont put any faith in anyone OP. You will always be disappointed.

I do agree with this.
If a framework can help a team to work together and has many benefits regarding code standardisation, I'm pretty convinced you don't need one to build a good PHP project.

The ORM layer can easily be replaced by home-made classes, and the short tags and short echo tags allow you to write concise "views".

Maybe the two things you will truly miss are the routing and the out-of-the-box authentification.

>he has never tried to use a ruby framework
my dude a simple error is nothing compared to having to setup thousands of one line libraries inside an environment that simulates chroot to then realice that the 1G setup was made for an older version and now you have to redownload that massive tree of files again.

This was around 2010, It was a while back. I have been eyeing PHP updates the past few years. It's definetely becoming competitive for modern websites, and I don't judge most people who continue using it.

PHP JIT and Swoole make it competitive with Node.JS in terms of how requests per second you can handle , but then again load balancing and memcached/redis solves a lot of the scaling issues anyway, so experiences/implementations matters more than the language you're utilizing.

I honestly think that learning Python or Javascript is better for the modern web developer though, because they are easier to write in, and allow you write more than simple websites. PHP still only really lives as a web server backend, I don't think anyone is crazy enough to use it for any other purpose.

What kind of retard uses a PHP framework?
You should be using Rails or Django and nothing else.

don't use a framework user, they are great for simple 5 minute demos but if you are programming well and refactoring as you work then you will create your own framework that is specific to your application and much more flexible. the problem with using other peoples frameworks is that towards the end of your project you will need to do more complex stuff and that will require breaking through the framework abstraction. it can take a long time to learn someone elses dumb code. use libraries not frameworks.

unironically this, lmao at php
also nice trips