If I put something like this into wall socket will I be struck...

If I put something like this into wall socket will I be struck? People on the internet thinks that it could be even lethal to them but I think the resistance of the wires should be so low that all the current would go through them leaving operator unharmed. Anyone tried this at home?

Attached: 44777345_1379966442134012_9067632549857067008_n.jpg (394x549, 30K)

You burn yourself. And there is a chance of housefire if circuit breaker will not work fast enough.

if you plug both in at the same time you should be fine
but you probably cant do that so you're gonna have a bad time with capacitances if you only plug one in

>You burn yourself
I know that here in europ we have higher voltage but not so high you dummy
errr, so I have to act quickly? or maybe I should do that in rubber gloves?

>anyone tried this at home?

Yeah. I literally teleported 8 feet across the room. I was 9 and it was a britbong 240~ socket.
Pretty lucky t-b-h

There's only one way to know for sure...

why are you trying to do this?
if you're in baby 120v land go ahead, people do it all the time
yuropoor- fucking dont

Do it faggot.
My uncle once jammed tweezers into socket (europe). Acoring to that legend tweezers got fired out of socket and burried itself in couch.

>yurop
you really shouldnt do it with your level of knowledge unless you really want the darwin award
why are you attempting this anyway?

You would need to plug in both wires at exactly the same time, which you can't.
Enjoy a 230V shock if you do this.

Attached: current.png (394x549, 159K)

find a better way to kill yourself

both

I want to know just in case that I would have to do it
tommorow

Electricity flows the path of less resistance, mostly orange but some yellow.

It really depends if it creates a short or not where you drew the yellow line, it might even weld itself to that exact spot.

I know a lot more about heating wires, but if you heating wiring touching and you're unlucky, they will pretty much weld together and it's hard to get them unstuck. how copper acts is unknown to me.

Why would you ever have to do that

I should also add, what in reality will happen is that you will get a little bit shocked, it will warm up quickly, but then the main thing is the power will go out.

you won't die, but it probs won't be fun.

to turn off electricity in whole place

A 120 volt home outlet is more than capable of killing you.

At 1 milliamp, you might feel a tingling sensation. As you approach 10 milliamps you'll probably feel what most people would consider a shock. Once you go past 10 milliamps, the electrical shock is so strong that your muscles will seize, likely rendering you unable to release your grip of it. Once you hit 20 milliamps, you'll find it hard to breathe, & at 75 milliamps you might risk stopping your breathing. At 100 milliamps, the current will mess w/ your heartbeat - potentially causing ventricular fibrillation & your untimely death due to cardiac arrest. You should know that the standard household outlet carries some 15-20 amps of current - more than make any of that happen.

That said, how much current enters your body also depends on a whole host of variables - what you're wearing, how sweaty you are, whether you're standing in a puddle or not, & so on. You could experience a small shock or you could die.

& even if you do get away w/ a small jolt, you might still be risking heart problems. In an interview w/ the University of Utah, physician Dr. Troy Madsen advises that those who experience an electrical shock should get checked at a local ER, as a big enough shock could cause an irregular heartbeat or complicate any existing heart conditions.

In yurop, we have rings, doing this will only kill the socket ring. Not the lights, or the kitchen appliances. Or anything else that has its own ring.

>ring?
you mean fuse?
back when I was in high school we used to make short circuit on electrical engines so half of the school had no power and teacher had to leave the class to manually turn everything on so we had chance to cheat

how does it know where to go?

No he means circuit, or alternatively, loop. Each circuit has a breaker though, just like in North Murica. Who uses fuses any more anyway?

Yeah, each ring has its own fuse, at the correct amperage. Im a plumber so thats where my knowledge stops. Any british sparkies here to clear this up?
is me btw.

It will knock you flat on your ass and stop your heart. Go for it bro.

It depends which side touches first, and one side WILL touch slightly before the other. If neutral touches first, when hot touches practically all power will flow back to the outlet. You might feel a tingle, heat, and a pop. The breaker will trip very quickly.

If hot touches first it could be lethal.

because it's smart

Attached: 1188548527942472.jpg (500x321, 38K)

I'm also a britbong and when I was 5 my dad was changing a wall socket for some reason and left the wires exposed for a moment and I went and grabbed them. My parents say they heard an explosion and I flew across the room, but I have no memory of it.

You don't still have literal fuses though do you? Thought circuit breakers were the norm in Europe and Murica

circuit breakers are the norm in the UK at least, probably the whole of europe too

because it's dumb :p

It doesn't know, it's just like water, whatever path is biggest it will flow. It might take shortcut, but most of it will go other way.

When wires heat up the resistance can also rise meaning the path that was once the easiest for the eletromobiles to flow, is now less desirable, and the short might become the more convenient option.

If the shortcut also gets hot it can weld, then it definitely will become the most convenient.

christ, yurop electricity is fucking scary. I came into contact with live 120 several times when I was working in electrical here in burgerstan and while it was extremely unpleasant it was never anything explosive like that

Yeah, when i say teleported, i mean there was a BANG, then i was in a different location. Cant remember any movement or anything. I was "fixing" the boombox, i changed the fucking plug over and decided to leave the back off the plug while i tested it. 9yrs old. What a fucking idiot. Learned a big lesson that day.

Attempting something like that is fully retarded. If you touch the live wire before touching the neutral while plugging it in, you will shock yourself since you're literally holding a wire connected to mains voltage. If you don't, a fuse will blow or a circuit breaker will trip, hopefully without damage anywhere else. If that doesn't happen, the situation is a fire and/or burning hazard since the wire and the socket will get very hot very quickly.

Your dad was changing a wall socket without turning off the damn power first?

Just tried it
Wires fused together where it touches and end of it became really hot
inb4:
>what happened to breaker???
I'm from eastern Europe, not a city folk. I have a screwdriver in place of my breaker.
Because it pops when I turn on too many devices.

If you plug both in at the exact same time:
You should be fine, sparks will fly and the fuse will blow
If you plug them in at different times:
You'll be electrocuted for as long as only one leg is inside

If the breaker pops, either you've turned on too much stuff and your circuit would be a fire hazard if it didn't pop, or you have a breaker with too low a rating for your circuit.

>That guy who failed freshman year of EE and became an electrician
>A few months in and he's already nearly fried himself with 480V

Attached: heart no pump.jpg (800x809, 80K)

Doesn't matter. It just works.

A fire hazard should be taken seriously even if it just works. It works until one day it doesn't, and then you don't have a usable house anymore.

> People on the internet thinks that it could be even lethal to them
Everybody who survived tells it didn't kill him, so it shouldn't be that dangerous.

huerr durr wut is arcing

We'll see.

>Your dad was changing a wall socket without turning off the damn power first?
Fucking lel. Survival of the fitest in action.

>It just works
Not as a circuit breaker it doesn't.
The fuse isn't there to facilitate better flow of electricity through your house. It's there to break and cause the power to fail, so that no electrical fires can start inside your walls.

>I know that here in europ we have higher voltage but not so high you dummy
You're a dumb shit.

>They flew across the room
So you were propelled by massless electrons?
How does that work?

>electrons
>massless

>the resistance of the wires
That's copper wire dude. Doesn't look like it'll have much resistance.

Excuse me.
So they were propelled by 0.000000000000000000000000000910938356 grams electrons?

One of them is ground.
Yes, there's a separate ground lead, but only one of the power leads is actually hot.

Look, this screwdriver served me for years. Breakers probably pops prematurely because of old wires, like, really old
Plastic around wire is so hard, that when bent it shatters

You know the experiment in science class where you apply DC to a frogs legs?
OK, now think about the orders of magnitude that 240AC and the human muscles imply.

Probably a muscle spasm.

>muscle spasm
>Flying across a room
Sounds legit

forgot

>everyone ITT that doesn't know that your muscles are actually super strong but your brain doesn't allow you to use them at 100% to stop you from hurting yourself

Your breaker will pop if you're lucky.
If you aren't lucky - RCD will pop... Oh wait, amerifats don't have whole house 30 mA RCD.

How can I bypass this limitation?

In worst case you'll burn your hand, but probably not. No way it will be lethal, unless you die from overreacting.

You need to find a way to use more than 10% of your brain

>amerifats don't have whole house 30 mA RCD.
We do if our house was built in the last 30 years. They're called GFCI here but it's the same thing.

Yeah. I was going to mention that, but then I got sidetracked looking for pictures of weightlifting injuries.
Didn't find any good ones, either.

Connect your muscles directly to mains power.

>Connect your muscles directly to mains power.
50/60 Hz shaking is not useful at all. Too fast to masturbate.

>bypass the limit
>rip your dick off

that's quitter's talk user

>not having an overclocked fap
Pretty sad desu

Not if you connect it straight to your dick

>he doesn't masturbate at 60Hz
Fucking console peasants. Have fun with your """cinematic""" wank.

Meth.

Alright, post your favorite frequency and favorite waveform for beating your meat
>200hz
>Sawtooth wave

Fried sausage, anyone?

put your neck through it and hang yourself

you'd be surprised at your arms or legs peak output

>be live sound engineer
>regularly deal with 400 amp services, 3-phase power, 80 kVa generators, etc

>still retarded enough to blow a 100-amp fuse at a show one time

actually us outlets are more deadly as they have higher current where as 220 is much lower current higher volt which is less deadly.

>weld itself

That's how every junction box is terminated, it doesn't weld shit.

>talks like he knows the truth
>literally says the opposite of the truth

>he’s never masturbaded with a TENS medical device

But seriously, assuming you can jam that in there and your body isn’t connected to ground in some way it should short through the twist in the wire pulling more amerage then the breaker can handle, tripping it. Assuming you’ve disabled the breaker by having mong two hold the thing the wire will heat up and probably melt. This heat would be transferred into the handle and maybe burn you.

Shock yourself with lower voltages to build immunity to higher voltages
Or to gain more resistance. heh heh

is this a new meme ive been seeing so many retards wanting to put shit in outlets here

I just tried it and I was perfectly fine.
Go ahead OP.

Use silver gum wrapper that is what I use to do. Bend it to similar to how this is bent

Attached: gumball_03.jpg (1280x960, 313K)

>>he’s never masturbaded with a TENS medical device
One of those caught my eye at the drugstore not long ago, that was the first thought that popped into my head. Would've bought it, but I wouldn't have had enough left for my precious legal narcotics... What's it like? Anything like the one they stick on you at the chiropractor?

It's a little wonky but numbing. Need to run here but look into electrostimulators for goats, they're the same mass of humans and you can shock your porstate with em.

Source: weird af boyfriend

Interesting...

Attached: 1521192454986.jpg (420x342, 17K)

reinstall the drivers

In high school we used to bend up paper clips and kick them into outlets lol, they would blow the fuck up but none of us ever got zapped

If you put both prongs in at the same time it will make a large spark and trip the circuit breaker. If you were able to leave it stuck in there with the power on the current would eventually melt the wire.

I did it when I was 8. Can't remember what happened though, I think there was a fuse or something

Be aware if you don't put it in at the same time it will send the electricity through you and hurt you.

Only bongland uses "ring" circuits.
No other country does this.
They introduced it postwar to save on copper or something.
Similar to the two taps hot/cold thing.

Muscles seizing up. But getting flung across the room isn't really true.
Got shocked by a 230V outlet when I was 9. Hurt like a bitch, but that was it.

Thank you OP, for exposing how shitty Jow Forums is and how little they know about anything.

Use a signal generator

The fuse is for preventing the wire from overheating and burning your house down.

I put a thin hairpin's both sides in the socket when I was around 5. I don't remember it well, but was told that it burned my fingers and the hairpin scorched the floor covering when it fell down.

Buy my book.

This.
It's the reason AC is so freakin dangerous. It'll cut right through muscles and force them to stiffen to the max. If your hand decides to grip like that, consider yourself cooked unless somebody saves you.

If it's enameled wire you'll just short the fucking socket

>reply that makes sense and explains
>no one cares
Sounds about right...