Want to create a FPS video game with extreme gore

>Want to create a FPS video game with extreme gore
>Don't know where to start learning

How do you start coding a complicated video game? I want to bring game violence into the modern era.

What do you need to know?

Attached: 1539721440423.jpg (1456x1941, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9YoADewX12E
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources).
cgpeers.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=5bXpqc9QTcY
sauerbraten.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Download Unity. Learn C#. That's it.

>want to bring game violence into the modern era.

Attached: DOOMpic.jpg (350x450, 35K)

I've decided that I want to know how to program before I die.

It's a wonderful thing.

It's not violent enough, and it's actually somewhat watered down.

Game studios are too scared to make what I've got in mind. Most people wouldn't like it.

Potentially based

based, I've decided I'm going to make an ascii space 4x in haskell. I don't care if it takes me 10 years or 40 years, I will make it and nobody will like it except for me and maybe small group of spergs

So you want to make Hatred but with actual gore instead of the meme shit it had?

youtu.be/9YoADewX12E

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (413x550, 27K)

Yes. I don't care if it takes 5 years. I need something gratifying to do when I'm not working.

Hatred was just an all around poor game.

I'd like to make something that is upsetting/controversial just for my fellow sperglord.

lmao

as has been said, unity or a similar engine will be your salvation. writing such at thing from scratch will be beyond you if you don't even know where to start

First decide on which engine you want to use (unless you are a purist who is dead set on making his own). See what languages you need to know to use them (e.g. C# for Unity, C++ for UE4, etc.) and then get some books to learn it (see: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_resources).
Create some test games and always try to improve/extend them with new stuff that you've learned. Once you're at least at a novice level start getting familiar with the engine.

Oh, and unless you are willing to gather a team or pay artists, you need to learn how to do 3D modelling (unless you're going for 2.5D), draw and make music.

Your target audience is too small and your game would be DOA

OP at first I was going to tell you to read the sticky. However, after hearing your idea, I genuinely hope you succeed.
Remember this post. This is by far the best advice, anyone here can give you.

It's not for money.
It's just for a small niche audience

Insurgency Sandstorm has a really neat dismemberment system. Saw my own legs get cut off when I respawned and my leg was rolling around.
It's a pretty good game but until it is officially released the performance is going to be choppy and kinda balls. I have a lot of confidence in the production team. Probably not worth buying right now but maybe check if there's any videos on the dismemberment.

Thank you for these words.

I've decided to start with Unity and then progress to Unreal.

C++ takes a good deal of experience

skip unity and c# and learn c basics and jump into c++, get good with it and move on to ue4. then you will have to get into 3d shit which is the real problem.

Just make an HL2 mod

Game engine:
Unity or Unreal

3d modeling tool:
zbrush and maya
blender is free and a good option but if serious go for zbrush and maya

texturing:
substance painter and designer
mari is also a good option but more difficult
you can also texture with polypaint in zbrush but is better using a node base workflow

for phisics simulation (blood, rip and tear, destruction):
you could get plugins for maya or work with houdini, I think blender have also simulations but I really haven't tried out.

Where to learn:
cgpeers.com/
registrations are the 15th day of any month, horde information and seed of you want.
search for the software that you want and download tutorials with a limit of 2 years old (something become outdated)

additional software:
marvelous designer for toptier clothing or wait a little for houdini 17
pureref for putting references
don't forget about using photoshop or similars because it comes handy

Hey guys what do I need to learn if I wanna create a rail shooter?

Thank you

>I've decided to start with chinese and progress to Spanish

C# is much easier to use than C++

USE VULKAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: SEVEN HAND DRAWN YEARS!.png (1860x1048, 2.08M)

In order to start programming an FPS game first you must download the source for Doom and then upgrade it to a modern 3D FPS game. There is no other way.

Attached: UMARU! CHIPSU!! CORA!!!.gif (480x480, 3.62M)

Why the fuck would you code a game in c#? It runs in a vm you know

Very edgy.

If you're not going to include children being killed, something which nobody ever did, you might aswell continue your search for "the gift"!

so basically a Postal clone?

This, if I can't fuck the shit out of children then there's nothing edgy you can do that hasn't been done since the 90's.

Attached: Street Shotas.jpg (702x590, 216K)

>How do you start coding a complicated video game?
By getting investors and hiring a team.
Video games are enormously complicated, doing one by your own that "complicated" is quite literally impossible within your life time.

i have nothing to add but

godspeed, motherfucker

you should just stop right here. making a game is the most laborious and demoralizing task imaginable and you'll only end up with at best a script you can never put to screen.

know your place and the board you belong on /v/ kiddie.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bXpqc9QTcY

You will have to download unity and visual studio for starters. Then go and look for guides on how to many simple unity fps games using free unity assets.

Once your first basic game is complete and you understand mechanics you will have to learn how to make 3D models in blender etc.

What about Postal?

Attached: 3.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Another option is Unreal Engine 4. It uses C++ but it's a much better engine and you have full access to the source code if you join their github organization.

C++/Vulkan/Bullet/OpenAL

Forget all these faggots suggesting Unity/Unreal

It will take you just as long to learn one of those as opposed to writing your own and in the end if you use one of those prebuilt engines you'll know a lot less about the concepts that matter in game dev like the rendering pipeline, memory allocators, etc.

If you get your head chopped off in TF2 you can see your headless body slump over while your head flies away.

Hire a team an create a game from 0.
>Using Unity/Unreal Engime

Are you guys even trying? Or just retards with a pc?

You can kill children in Deus Ex

>gore
>sex
>violence on women

What else can be added to a game to maximize butthurt?

Attached: Dj1YgckXoAEPXpL.jpg (783x1200, 133K)

FPS is one of the most simple games you can program.

I bet this faggot lives in the Short Pump area

I remember playing one freeware quake clone called CUBE or something written by a lone autist. a decade ago. Quite possible, but probably not for OP.

>sustainable health care
>environmentalism
>social equality

the butthurt will be immeasurable

Doubtful. You'd need to make it actively anti-american and anti-white while having dedicated shill campaign to raise popularity in order to coax any reaction, but even then it'll be just a piss in the ocean. Could work if existing ip of some kind is taken and altered systematically.

*cracks*
*sips*
Now THAT was a good game.

Attached: BOOM.jpg (973x599, 275K)

I honestly want to do something like this. A multiplayer FPS with a lot of mid-match character customization. I’ve been having trouble getting glfw library to work while switching vim as an IDE
Idk if I’m rarted

>Cube

It's called Sauerbraten now.

sauerbraten.org/

Cube is based on the old iteration of the engine, Sauerbraten 2 was redesigned with newer graphics effects, and it's still a great game. I love it's netcode, as it has no prediction or lag compensation whatsoever, and there are still a couple of servers to play on. Possibly the best instagib game ever.
Oh, and you won't have trouble running it even on a potato.

You can kill children in Fallout 2