Wow, congrats to the godot team

wow, congrats to the godot team.

Attached: godot.png (1286x546, 339K)

Nice. Is it working engine?

Looks like we won't be spending much time waiting for godot.

you can build it from source or download the alpha 3.1 binaries or get the 3.0 stable version.

Redpill me on Godot?

MIT licensed game engine, not suitable for AAA but perfect for waifu simulators

the blender of game engines.

It can do 2D and 3D and can do PS3 levels of AAA.

I expect great things from Godot in a few years
It's going to completely take over Gamemaker

node hell

Thank you.
Any place to start on game dev?

agdg on /vg/

3D isn't quite there yet for anything AAA quality, but it's fucking amazing for 2D. Unity is probably shitting themselves over this

Having source code access is nice as well.

Keep the witty comments to yourself. This isn't Reddit.

>witty

With Godot, each bullet is a scene.

Let that sink in.

Why is this winning against Ogre3D, which has been around for far longer?

Fun is only allowed on reddit

user, why you have not played Order Road? A red-piling game made with Godot Game Engine!

Attached: orderroad-lvlgd-09june2018-nosound.webm (700x392, 556K)

I love Godot, it even supports my fav OS.

Attached: Di4RR1wXoAMO0Ad.jpg (1012x632, 70K)

I doesn't sink in. My autism can't comprehend the "everything is a scene" thing that godot has.

It's horrifying, isn't it? You can't just create a bullet class and instantiate it to the list of bullets, no. Each bullet is a new scene. God knows what the overhead is of doing it that way.

Same in Unity.

Attached: 1503860022481.png (582x630, 312K)

No it isn't.

Wait, so you mean that each bullet instance creates an entirely new scene? It's not added to the current scene as an object? How the actual fuck does that work?

The main thing I like about it, is that you don't need to pay royalties to whoever coded the engine, if your game takes off, unlike with Unity or UE

what is a "scene" exactly? isn't that just what godot calls an entity?

It's just another way to say that everything inherits from the same base class. You don't *need* to inherit from the same base class btw, it's just how the built-in classes/nodes work.

>documentation of a service is the #1 open source project

Attached: cat2.jpg (572x621, 104K)

Attached: images.png (205x245, 8K)

so I could theoretically create a full environment, call it a scene, and then instantiate it so that the entire scene flies out the end of the barrel of a gun?

It took the coc.

C#

...you could do that with any engine

but could you recursively program actions in a scene and have them all play out at the same time as this interactive scene is flying out the barrel of a gun?

Blender is a game engine too retard.

>recommending /agdg/
don't do that. they all use unreal and unity. yhey laugh at godot users all damn day. if you wanna really make a quality game without shitty assistance you'd find in unreal and unity look into the sdl graphics library.

yes

10/10 comment, plebs won't understand

Attached: 1481834088467.jpg (383x400, 29K)

so did any quality game come out of it?

all you here about it is from pajeet tier devs that work on the engine itself so they obviously shill that garbage.

there's no real reason to use godot in a world where unreal exists,

if you don't want to have a bulky game engine and you need something simple write your own engine, it's not that hard op

>inb4 mobile cross platform
end yourself

Attached: 1482907543062.jpg (900x1200, 106K)

you could do some shit with that I tell you what
microscopic games with results that cascade into higher order dimensions
imagine being able to interact with and visualize the butterfly effect happening right before your eyes

Probably I will
Not interested in unity or unreal, wanna do something fun with godot

Game engine with similar to RPG maker, but more advanced/professional, and free.

So its a fairly simple to use game engine, but can be used to create complex games very fast.

As with python, prototying games are just as fast.

>prototyping with python
How this works?
Don't tell me it's writing same code in python and (i.e.) C++..?

With python you get things done fast. With C++, you get thins done efficiently.

Doing things fast is takes much less time than doing things efficiently. However if you're seeking immediate results, then python will help you do fast codes. Once you know something works and you like the design/results, you can then spend more time optimizing in your favorite low level language. Or you can keep using python and optimize it and the results will be similar to an optimized c++.

>rename bullet class to bullet scene
>>WOW WTF, A WHOOOOLE SCENE???
Smooth Brain

Attached: peabrain.jpg (505x567, 32K)

It's just relative growth to last year, if the project is older than a year. The top ones are probably just a bit older than a year which is why it's so much higher.

Using an engine for 2d is retarded. Frameworks are way better and without the bloat

> making a game in a language without OOP

Oh god its pre ps2 era all over again

>using oop for video game programming
And then they complain that games can't run in 60 fps.

Pretty nice for 3D, great for 2D

There are two languages referenced in the post you quoted - Python and C++. Both have OOP.