Tfw Jow Forums said CS degree is a meme

>tfw Jow Forums said CS degree is a meme

>tfw 4th week of 'meme' degree and barely keeping up with learning math and programming, while having insane workload with other subjects also and mandatory exercises that take up your whole day

idk what pajeet CS college you went to, but this shit is quite intense in fucking eastern Europe and nothing like Jow Forums said, other than few guys saying how they did tens of proofs in math and had ridicliouslly parabolic learning curve at programming (started with C++).

Whoever said CS college is meme, clearly didn't go to the right one.

Attached: giphy.gif (400x225, 1.01M)

>taking this wretched hive of 15-year-old brainlets seriously
>ever
Save your money and drop out already. You're too gullible to function in the real world without adult supervision.

It being a challenge doesn't make it a meme. It being almost entirely useless for getting a job in programming is what makes it a meme.

CS is an awesome degree if you honestly like it.
Same here, OP.

I worked for 3 years after high school and lived on my own since, so I have experience and handled world on my own for quite some time now.

That is why you are supposed to do self-study in your part-time. University isn't just fooling around with friends and such.

Yeah, the course is fucking insane at my college, literary the opposite of what Jow Forums said, other than few Germans complaining about the rape they got since the beginning (not studying in Germany btw).

Idk what's challenging, this is the first time I'm writing on Jow Forums since starting college. I'ts 01.00AM in the morning and I finished my work. If I'm not at lectures I'm either doing mandatory exercises or learning other shit.

fucking meme college my fucking ass you american pajeets

Here is what I have learned by exclusively posting on Jow Forums for a year.
The people that post here is so divided that it doesn't even make sense sometimes.
However, Jow Forums has contributed with some great things for the CS community.

Gentoomen Library and InstallGentoo Wiki is a real help for any expiring Computer Scientist, so I would say that you should be very careful of what you read on g/, and not listen too much of what they have to say.

OP here, I programmed a bit before going to college and understand fundamentals/OOP and reading code. However, what Jow Forums seem to not realize is that college teaches you fundamentals in 3 weeks, then you already start with implementing some abstract stuff that you still have to learn on your own, since fundamentals are covered briefly.

Not to mention math, I'm pretty sure most neckbeards or smartasses would fail at logic and proofs or decided to drop out. Our program has 55% drop out rate after 1st year, mostly due to math.

Honestly though, CS is a very hit or miss degree since there's like no standards or basic course structure between universities.
I was lucky my first 2 schools were "good"
the first one thought we were engineering, so I was basically shoved in EE classes but with programming
The second is one of the best rated security colleges in the nation.

But I talk to some of my buddies from other schools, and they basically learned jack shit and the school gave no fucks.

Sounds like you got into a decent school.

Attached: 1511584248846.png (1240x1754, 1.93M)

Anyone with the right dedication can understand the math, no matter of how much of a retard that you may be.
The best advice anyone can give to a student, that if you don't understand the subject right away, just try as many times as it takes to understand the subject.
The reason people fail is that they refuse to repeat their studies.

The ACM has a suggested syllabus for CS related degrees

suggested, but you'll find that literally no school actually gives a fuck. and in that, the classes are nothing alike.
2 semester of intro to programming is completely different than 2 semesters are another school

The one that really got me was whatever you call your programming language theory class. in my first university they were really big into grammars and state languages and declarative languages. we did much more weird logic theory in it that I honestly barely remember.
but at my second school, talking to people they were basically doing compiler theory. which while we touched on that in my first school (and had to make the basic compiler everyone does) it was much less in depth.

Could you give me a few examples of the assignments you're assigned?

University of Vienna is complete and utter shit, insane workloads with zero fucking teaching value. A bunch of insane professors, many of tgem utterly incompetent and gigantic cunts. Anything I've learned I've learned despite this bullshit I had to put up with, but at least it's fucking free so we it can attract at shitton of poles and russians that barely speak a lick of english and no german at all and that keep trying and failing to cheat.
At least I'm nearly done with my undergrad and then I'm fucking out of here to absolutely anywhere else.

> giphy.gif
> having trouble with math
Brainlet detected.

If you're still here OP, If you make it into 2nd year, assuming a 4 year degree, GET AN INTERNSHIP.

Your degree means nothing without experience. Literally internship > classes.

This is the reason why its a meme. 2-5+ years of exp for most "entry/jr" level roles.

Attached: 1524966295438.png (327x500, 83K)

The degree is a meme by itself. But if you actually use the resources in school you'll start at what these "self taught" cap out at.

CS is all self study. If you run into a wall through self study that you can't find any info about online. you're not doing it right.

Programming != cs

>pleb filter filters plebs
nothing to see here.

Lol. Just go for electrical engineering I dropped cs years ago.

Attached: 1eb9c089c8308e48f64efd6a6dc39724.jpg (1400x1596, 1.24M)

Look at it this way if you just graduate put nothing into it, you're at least 4 years behind a code monkey who learned whatever was popular and got a code monkey job

It is a meme in every american university.

Attached: 1513067679808.png (836x1136, 297K)