echo and sed, retard

dude geany lmao

i'm a cat | sed man myself

>he doesn't write his programs with echo and redirects to a file
Top pleb

vi
sites.google.com/a/bostic.com/keithbostic/vi/

Attached: np++.png (279x203, 9K)

lmao if you don't do all your text editing with a "cat | perl regex > file" pipeline

notepadqq.com/s/

vi/vim

By using neodymium magnets

gedit

I unironically do this with config files often, am I retarded?
This allows me to quickly put it into a script if I need to.

>How did windows fags ever edit text documents without notepad ++
It hasn't been around since the beginning of computing, user

There is absolutely nothing wrong with piping echo to an config file or something. You're doing it right user.

“Ed is the standard text editor.”

Let's look at a typical novice's session with the mighty ed:

golem$ ed

?
help
?
?
?
quit
?
exit
?
bye
?
hello?
?
eat flaming death
?
^C
?
^C
?
^D
?

---

Note the consistent user interface and error reportage. Ed is generous enough to flag errors, yet prudent enough not to overwhelm the novice with verbosity.

“Ed is the standard text editor.”

Ed, the greatest WYGIWYG editor of all.

ED IS THE TRUE PATH TO NIRVANA! ED HAS BEEN THE CHOICE OF EDUCATED AND IGNORANT ALIKE FOR CENTURIES! ED WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!! ED IS THE STANDARD TEXT EDITOR! ED MAKES THE SUN SHINE AND THE BIRDS SING AND THE GRASS GREEN!!

When I use an editor, I don't want eight extra KILOBYTES of worthless help screens and cursor positioning code! I just want an EDitor!! Not a “viitor”. Not a “emacsitor”. Those aren't even WORDS!!!! ED! ED! ED IS THE STANDARD!!!

TEXT EDITOR.

When IBM, in its ever-present omnipotence, needed to base their “edlin” on a Unix standard, did they mimic vi? No. Emacs? Surely you jest. They chose the most karmic editor of all. The standard.

Ed is for those who can remember what they are working on. If you are an idiot, you should use Emacs. If you are an Emacs, you should not be vi. If you use ED, you are on THE PATH TO REDEMPTION. THE SO-CALLED “VISUAL” EDITORS HAVE BEEN PLACED HERE BY ED TO TEMPT THE FAITHLESS. DO NOT GIVE IN!!! THE MIGHTY ED HAS SPOKEN!!!

kate works

?

vs code + vim

maybe sum gedit in there too

Fuck is that hard truck bro??? I remember trying to install and play Hard Truck 2 but for some reason it runs at superspeed??

Emacs for actually text editing.
Vim/Nano for quick cli editing.
Notepadqq for just plain text notes.

>man
do you have alzheimer? why do you open the man pages every time you edit a document?

Sublime Text

Notewhat? I vaguely recall something like this existing. In any case, on Linux I just use some of the >9000 text editors available.

nano urfagget
urfagget
ctrl+x y enter

Netbeans works just fine on linux... what are you talking about OP?

useless cat

wine works with this bad boy

Attached: notepad-plus-plus.jpg (1123x724, 91K)

t. brainlet

just use emacs retard

wtf kind of newfag question is this? are you actually fucking serious?

just use vi retard

this, kate does everything short of being a full-blown IDE and it's pretty lightweight for a GUI editor

tl;dr

Scite is basically notepad++ on linux , but good.

Sublime Text