/spg/ smartphone general

reminder recommending phones without headphone jacks is discouraged -edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Attached: iphone-7-with-Lightning-adapter_1024x1024.png (1000x596, 338K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for stop being autistic about headphone jacks you bitches

the SPH-M920? The Transform? shit nigga that was my first android, let me give you some advice: that 800MHz piece of shit SoC isn't worth doing all that work on, but if you want to do it as a project, you got my blessing, search the device on XDA, but chances are the bootloader might have been locked because it was a sprint device
also you'd be stuck on Sprint's shitty 3G so I hope this is just a project and not trying to make a daily out of it

fpwp

>being an autistic little bitch

Attached: youpeopledisgustme.gif (275x170, 1.55M)

Just got lg v40 bretty good desu. I like the sound system a lot but I don't know what a good preset to use for balanced play is. Also I like how they did the notch.

spend more than $200 in a phone is stupid

>paying 800 dollars for less features

Attached: 1536610403175.png (416x435, 114K)

>implying you have to pay $800 for a phone without a headphone jack
what is the Mi A2
what is the Umidigi Z2 Pro
What is the Sharp Aquos S3
this list goes on you fucking retard

>reminder recommending phones without headphone jacks is discouraged -edition

Attached: 1526947200815.png (380x349, 77K)

Also question. Can I set the apps that have the boarder icon things as a full app if that makes sense? Like in pic related discord is full but mega and clover arent. Thanks

Attached: Capture+_2018-10-25-20-00-05.png (1440x2952, 1.35M)

oh yeah paying less money for less features makes more sense
or you can buy a phone with one for the same fuckin price

fave it faggot, headphone jacks are a dying breed, stop being a fucking boomer luddite

make sure to ask OnePlus to cum on your phone before they send it to you, so you can lick it off the phone when you get it

>spouting off random brands
>being this assmad
you must be a samshill
>getting paid to push gookshit
kek

Attached: larf.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

I use my jack more than my charger, sue me fag

>he needs his $9000 wired studio headphones for his phone with a shit sound processing unit.

That's because they don't support adaptive icons. I think there's an app that does it

Is it easy to hack the bootloader on Xiaomi phones

Attached: Screenshot_20181009-193007_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 1.28M)

Mate 20 lite vs Nokia 7.1 vs Pocomeme vs Mi 8 vs whatever

Best phone in 300-400 category? All I want is display, processor speed and form factor in that order. I mainly read or shitpost, pic related is garbage on my Honour 7

Attached: 019.jpg (818x1200, 288K)

Hey so some anons have said in the last they got Poco phone despite being an amerishit, I just wanted an update on how shitty the data is and is worth dealing with. Meanwhile no update on LATAM pocophone for months probably lel

Gearbest has got the Pocofone Global on sale for $200

Mi 8 > Poco > Mate 20 Lite > Nokia 7.1
Mi 8 has the best display but Poco is really good value too. Not enough info about the 20 lite yet but specs seem good and as for the Nokia 7.1 it's good but can't beat Xiaomi's pricing.

Name 1(one) phone that is $340 USD and has a SD835 or better, 6GB of ram or better, and works in the US that also has a jack

none, why would you even need 6 gigs

Not that user but I can't have more than 5~ Chan tabs open before it starts unloading them on 3gb

>using a mobile browser for the chins

Attached: k7l5jxcxp0r11.png (720x1005, 614K)

>having a grand total of 1 tab on clover
fuck this I just need to get a PC already

nah, more like you just need to get guud

what about posting while shitting and posting at work. Don't tell me you actually cant post at your job, user?

Whats the best place to buy Mis?

amazon

at my work I can only post during three periods a day, I'm busy as fuck the rest of the time
>he still doesn't get it

Why?

Gachas, they are shit I know

I have used Apex launcher for the last few years. I love how snappy the app drawer is. But now I want to try something new. Please recommended a good launcher for a modern Android phone.

Attached: Screenshot_2016-09-09-03-52-06 Xperia M revival.png (480x854, 280K)

Nova

lawn chair

Depends on the country but gearbest and AliExpress seem pretty good

Finland

Finland, id rather have something with some insurance

I want my $10 Walmart headphones to last my entire life rather than a $100 set of bt headphones that lose battery life over the years.

Is it true that the 64GB Nokia 6.1 doesn't support 4G LTE?

Isn't it more like a zoomer thing to be obsessed about music?

lg v30 or xperia xz1 and why

Is there a budget smartphone out there with a nice camera?

Hello /smg/ I fucked up about a year ago and bought a redmi note 4x that didnt support the right 4g bands and this week they stopped 3g so I need a new phone.
>Netherlands tele2
>need 800MHz b20
>around 150~200eur budget
What is the current great bang for your buck phone?

hey bud sorry to hear that, but I just got a phone that may occasionally drop to 3g so may as well ask you, was it much noticeably worse operating on 3g all the time? did calls or your internet/data speeds suffer?

Had no idea the gesture thing is a miui creation

Do you think it's worth waiting for mi max 3, or should I pretend that I'm a poorfag and just get mi 8?

Actually I had HSPA not 3g. I honnestly didn't even realize l wasn't using 4g mind you I dont browse Jow Forums so Im not tech-savy. I just assumed it because I could stream hd youtube and everything else perfectly so I didnt look into it further.

I'm currently using Gboard, but I've heard SwiftKey is better. Is it true?

Is it worth it to wait for the Oneplus 6t, or should i just jump now and get the regular 6?

no headphone jack and I slower fingerprint scanner but less notch and new UI. Tough call better wait 3 days for the event and reviews

ZenUI Launcher

Why is xaiomi like the only budget option suggested here, why not lower end oneplus or LG phones?

lean launcher

now that Mi Mix 3 doesn't have Micro SD Card slot, what phone does have em and has a decent battery life and NFC? Also a decent selfie camera. Moving from Moto Z Plus which doesn't last anymore.

because oneplus phones get discontinued when the next model comes out so prices dont drop much. Just had a look through LGs budget options and most of them have mediatek processors. Xiaomi is just better bang for buck.

>Just had a look through LGs budget options and most of them have mediatek processors
v30 is brand new on ebay for 3-400 and has an SD 835

>800MHz
How's the countryside?

Now that Mi Mix 3 doesn't have a MicroSD slot, what phone should I get since my Moto Z Play starting to shit itself.

Decent selfie camera, 1-day battery, USB C, notches and headphone jack-less are welcome because everyone who make a decent phone now are hyping the train. I don't kind hybrid SIM slot as long as ribbon table can get in there.

Band 1800 & 2600 MHz.

>uskeks will never ever get pocophone

Attached: NEVER EVER.jpg (250x241, 11K)

(((apple)))

if you can get it at that price sure, its just why not get poco or mi8 with sd845 for 300-400

they don't work in the states

What's the go to power bank? I need something for my OnePlus 3. I was thinking anything over 10Ah would be fine, preferably something I can buy in a store in Australia.

>Being so poor you brag about having a poopoophone

How are those supported bands doing it for you Pajeet?

Attached: laffinguys.png (465x455, 444K)

mi8/mix2/s do,possible they eventually release a latam poco. tho v30 for ~350 is a pre good buy, for most people xiaomi still best bang/buck

go to is usually xiaomi or anker, tho if you wanna get it in aus I have a belkin one thats pre gud. dont think theyre too costly

Xiaomi Mi 8 is about 430 here but has a good warranty, 2-4 years. However its 350 online.

Whats the best choice or is there something else? I really want to budget between low 400s and 300

Attached: 1540527893545.png (4952x4840, 504K)

Cygnett seems to be the most common brand JB have a 15Ah one for $50, I might get that

None of the mi phones have a microsd slot, you're encouraged to just buy more storage because internal storage is far faster than sd

Get the new Redmi Note 6 Pro my cute little neighbour.

Doesn't happen in Clover.
Redmi Note 5/Poco F1 with Gcam.
There is an app that emulates its behavior, but it's still unreleased.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid
It is, but with a firewall and denying its internet connectivity. Typing and auto-correction is intuitive and unparalleled.
No better choice for that price at the moment. When the S9+ drops in price within a few years, it will be the better choice. Also, custom ROM support, unlike on the S8 and the Note 8.

I guess you mean Mix 3 since Max 3 is also a thing.

That's hot

Reccomend me a

I want to use them for FLACs, Should I go with Mi A2 Lite? Downside it's just a MicroUSB port instead.

>he has to charge his ear buds so he can listen to lower quality audio than skull candy ear buds.

Ordered a chink phone because I couldnt get my current one working
Managed to get it working after a few days, should I cancel the order or have it shipped just incase this happens again

>I want to use them for FLACs, Should I go with Mi A2 Lite?
You can use any smartphone period for FLAC playback. But why get the Mi A2 Lite when the Redmi Note 5 exists?
>Downside it's just a MicroUSB port instead
Would it kill you to use a different cable and a port you rarely ever look at?
>doesn't even begin to bother specifying a single detail
What kind of an answer are you expecting exactly?

What did they mean by this? I installed it anyways and it gave me back my old APN settings from wap.tracfone to the T-Mobile ones that allow for VoLTE on Tracfone, which shouldn't be possible. Also using an unlocked phone allows for Hotspot on Tracfone, which you're also not supposed to be able to do.

Attached: Screenshot_20181025-235549.png (1080x2246, 336K)

Dedicated slots are nice (according to GSMArena) since I use two SIMs.

Why is it so great?

So, I'm currently in Europe till beginnings of November.

Do you guys reckon I may be able to buy a Mi Mix 3 at a Xiaomi store or should I pull the trigger on a Mi 8?

>tfw the botnet knows you aren't Indian

Attached: Screenshot_20181026-041254_1.png (1080x721, 320K)

Also I cant afford s8 or s9

RN5

That's 75.45mm 0/8

Yeah, obviously mix. It's easy to mix them up.

>no 855
>no in-display fingerprint reader
>tiny battery
>fake renders showing smaller bezels
>no IP certification
>ceramic back has worst possible grip therefore case will be mandatory
what a fucking dissapointment

Attached: mi-mix-3-design[1].jpg (1920x1065, 264K)

>That's 75.45mm 0/8
So? Not any bigger than the S8 or the S9. The Mi Max series are gigantic.

>Recommend me a >70mm phone
>Recommends a >75mm phone
>Says 68mm phones are the same size

And you say "so?" Wow sure Jow Forums hasn't changed. Ignorant sperg neet prize of the month goes to (you)

Meant and said

>insulting people while asking for advice
This always ends well.

>Not giving retards the replies they deserve

Old Linus is revolving on his grave

Boomers want to listen to their Eagles discography in full FLAC through high end headphones. Zoomers want to stream Spotify rap playlists through their overpriced Bluetooth speaker

drop the Nokia 7.1. It only has sd636. Either replace it with nokia 7 plus (sd660) or nokia 7.1 plus (sd710)