Doesn't want google botnet anymore

>doesn't want google botnet anymore
>needs phone for phone stuff
what do i do user

Attached: android-logo.jpg (430x400, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/Attedz/AndroidPrivacyGuide
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AOSP

Install Gentoo. Jesus Christ, you people make it so difficult.

you dont need a phone

wrong

you don't need a smartphone*
AOSP, lineageOS

i use maps, spotify, shatchat and discord while im out, dont tell me i dont need a phone
gentoo is a distribution of GNU/Linux, android just uses linux

>needs botnet but not Google botnet
Make up your mind.

Let me tell you all the things I need a phone for:
>Messaging for keeping in touch with people
>Facebook for event organising/gigs
>snapchat for picture messages
>trading212 for stocks
>browser for finding information online and browsing this shithole
>online banking
>holding loyalty cards/travel tickets without having a wallet stuffed full
>NFC for payment
>amazon and eBay for shopping
>MFP for fitness tracking
Many more things as well.

You should just kys Luddite. Don’t go on a technology forum and tell people that they don’t need modern technology.

You don't need any of this.

who are you quoting????

Yes I do.
If I want any form of participation in society I need a recent smartphone with the latest apps.
Not all of us are unskilled and live in basements.

who in their right mind does online banking in public places

>he doesn’t have a vpn set up by his banking provider
>he doesn’t have a reflective screen protector that limits viewing angles
Am laffin

ungoogle and debloat your phone retarded faggot

LINEAGE OS YOU FAGGIT

>needs phone for phone stuff
>what do i do user
You know, you don't really need a smartphone for 'phone stuff'! Buy a regular phone.

>Being a gen z normie is tech
The state of Jow Forums

Just get an iPhone sweety :)
It's proprietary so no one can snoop on your phone
Google uses disgusting open source software that tells the hackers how to get into your phone
Also most of the software on the app store is completely free, as in freedom, you're free to download as much as you like! Make sure you download all the goodies like Facebook snapchat and Instagram! They're really private you have a switch to put your profile in private mode so you know noone can get your data goodies!

Attached: 1539702176203.jpg (851x853, 75K)

Buy Librem 5 or PinePhone. Both are coming out by the end of next year.

Messaging and Facebook are all available on PC.
Snapchat is shit.
You can trade stocks, browse and banks on PC.
Buy a bigger wallet for travel tickets.
NFC is a meme.
Amazon and eBay are websites, you can use your PC.
>fitness tracking
You don't need it unless you don't have a brain.

Destroy the child

>>Facebook for event organising/gigs
>>snapchat for picture messages
holy shit kek
>>fitness tracking
fucking fitness tracking

Attached: 1529685774331.png (530x696, 419K)

I’m Gen Y :)
>Messaging and Facebook are all available on PC.
Can’t carry a pc in your pocket and carrying a laptop with you is for commuters and dweebs.
>snapchat is shit
Your opinion. Everyone who is anyone uses it, Luddite.
>you can trade stocks, browse and banks on pc
See previous.
>buy a bigger wallet for travel tickets
Why? My phone is more secure than a wallet. You steal my phone, it’s useless without my fingers or my 17 digit passcode.
>nfc is a meme
Nope, it’s a convenient and fast way to pay, using my phone for contactless payments is also more secure than a bank card because of fingerprint authorisation.
>you don’t need it unless you don’t have a brain
Confirmed sedentary fatty.

Confirmed no friends

>Hi Jow Forums i wanna escape the botnet :-)
>Start by not using botnet applications
>haha no, i love my botnet apps
You really don't need most of those applications, they make think you are dependent on them, but you really aren't, until you realise that there is nothing Jow Forums can do for you to escape the botnet

Name one phone that comes like this.

I’m not OP.
Lmao.

Custom rom with the most minimal google apps package is the answer.

I don't really understand what people mean by "botnet" here but the play store itself doesn't spy you that much compared to full blown googlephone.

Don't use chrome.

do you not have a tiny amount free time or something?

I am OP
>facebook
I'm not in zucc botnet, only google botnet
>shatchat
It's my portal to my normie friends
>browser
I use firefox but google probably still knows
>banking
That's what my computer's for
>loyalty cards
You can do that?
>NFC
My phone doesn't have NFC
>Amazon and eBay
Not part of Bezos botnet and refund scams
>fitness
haha

My main beef is Google being able to keep my mic, location and camera on any time they want.

>>Messaging for keeping in touch with people
>>Facebook for event organising/gigs
>>snapchat for picture messages

Attached: Mobile-Sms-icon.png (512x512, 7K)

>MFP for fitness tracking

Attached: 91J33RYzCnL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1369, 294K)

>NFC for payment

Attached: cash.png (1500x1014, 352K)

No one uses SMS, everyone uses Snapchat, iMessage, FB Messenger or WhatsApp.
Nice strength tracking you got there.
Nice calorie counting you got there.

>*steals your wallet*
Lmao

>holding loyalty cards/travel tickets without having a wallet stuffed full

Right, youve got half your answers - you can guess the rest. Now grow up and stop being such a fucking zoomer.

Attached: ask-for-a-discount.jpg (640x480, 271K)

Pretty sure biometrics being secure is a marketing meme
I can feel you bro
>facebook
Over two years i managed to get all my close friends to talk to me on Wire
They still talk to eachother on facebook, but I'm not their mom, I told them why it's bad it's their choice
I use faceslim for the mandatory facebook communication with uni piers and friends that aren't that close
>snapchat
I stopped using snapchat when I realized it is not doing anything to enchance my life, plus I get to see my gfs vagina all the time in real time, why would I need that
>browsing
If your phone is 64 bit then use fennec f droid, it's a always up to date foss fork of firefox
If 32bit the bromite, brave or kiwi are great cause way faster than fennec
I use Brave because it let's me add searx as a search engine
>google
Look into running a google appsless foss custom rom like LineageOS
I'm running mine with microG, an foss spoofed google framework for better compatibility on some apps
>extras
Always remember you can sandbox proprietary apps by disbale cellular network and wifi access in the settings so they are all good as long as they work offline
And here a neat guide that gets shared here way too rarely
gitlab.com/Attedz/AndroidPrivacyGuide

I'd appreciate if more anons would comment and spread it

Christ how many social networks do you even need? I just used facebook for talking to classmates and some friends and sms for keeping in touch with my parents.

Unironically an iPhone 7 or 8.

Wow, this is actually a really helpful response. Huge thanks.

>Snapchat, iMessage, Whatsapp (and even messenger to some extent)
These are all phone apps. They run on phones. Their users have phones. Phones do SMS. If a friend is too lazy to switch apps and SMS you, you need to find new friends.

>Strength tracking
What are weights

>Calories counting
What is mental maths

Pic related

Attached: visa-card.jpg (1024x1024, 141K)

*clones your card*
LMAO KEEP TRYING LUDDITE

You wanna know who in my life uses SMS?
My mother.
That’s it.
Take your boomershit elsewhere.

did your dad go for some cigs and never come back?

>people on Jow Forums unironically stifle themselves to the hilt because some fat, jew neckbeard told them to

You don't win by backing out of society ya fuckin ingrates

You definitely do not need snapchat or spotify or discord
You might want them or they are more convenient, or it's easier to just use them than convince your friend to use non botnet alternative, but you dont need them

No he got multiple sclerosis.

I see I made many grammar mistakes, but glad I helped, I also use Clover for Jow Forums, it feels much nicer than using a browser, I spend hours on it while I commute and on the shitter

I have very very rudimentary knowledge about technology in general. In fact, I basically only come to Jow Forums for concern posts about Privacy and AI. However, let me tell you what I already know;

Escaping botnets entirely is impossible. Even if you don't use any technology (which isn't the case), you'll still be tagged by friends, or captured by cameras around you, or featured in posts by strangers. If you use certain Apps, you, too, can end up in a botnet. You see this Captcha in the post? Although I'm not sure of what it exactly means, there's a ''Privacy Terms'' by Google bellow it, which invites me to think that this, too, can be linked to a virtual profile (although once again, I'm not sure, and I certainly hope that it isn't the case [but it surely is, considering gookmook]).

If you live in a modern society and you're willing to take part of it, certain things like WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat may be a necessity. Here, not having a WhatsApp means isolating yourself completely. Those apps became even a requirement for jobs, since WhatsApp is frequently used for work-related stuff and Instagram may as well work as a complement to your resume. Not only that, but believe it nor not, even things like Court Inviting by WhatsApp is already a reality. Society became just too dependent on Apps, Smartphone and Internet.

So what can you do? Minimize it. Censor keywords in an obvious manner that your friends can understand it. Never put 100% of your info online anywhere. Never use your true name as handle. Make your profiles at Instagram, for example, recognizable without feeding too much to the botnet. Never talk about sensitive and unique subjects (NEVER legal manners) in WhatsApp.

Also, there are things you certainly don't need on your phone; Amazon, eBay, Discord (for fuck's sake, just wait til you get home ) , which are botnets in itself, and many other apps that really serve no purpose on your phone. Whatever you can leave on PC or out, do it.

>found the underage
we got by without any of that garbage when I was a kid.

Get out boomer.
Times have changed, I don’t care how it was in your day and neither does anyone else.

You don't need to carry all of that in your pocket. Even if you're fucking autistic you can just buy a GPD Pocket 2.
>You steal my phone, it’s useless without my fingers or my 17 digit passcode.
That's what you think.
You're just autistic and have shit opinions.

>If you live in a modern society and you're willing to take part of it, certain things like WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat may be a necessity. Here, not having a WhatsApp means isolating yourself completely. Those apps became even a requirement for jobs, since WhatsApp is frequently used for work-related stuff and Instagram may as well work as a complement to your resume. Not only that, but believe it nor not, even things like Court Inviting by WhatsApp is already a reality. Society became just too dependent on Apps, Smartphone and Internet.
Repeated exposure to an addictive stimulus drives the development and maintenance of an addiction.

"I refuse to change the way I use a smartphone but I want to avoid the consequences of the way I use a smartphone"
If you don't want botnet don't use it, most of the stuff you """need""" is a botnet. Instead of saying "I need whatsapp" you should be saying "I need a way to communicate with people", and there are tons of ways to do that without botnet.