>State your budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs within 6 months
>Any i5-i3/i7-7700k/non k variant - MONEY SINKS, will depreciate fast cuz of low core/thread count
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - "9900k destroyer"
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous Thread

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: Pentium 4 pasta.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TD2VZR
youtube.com/watch?v=Evab4rhd48I
pcpartpicker.com/product/23gzK8/asus-rog-crosshair-vii-hero-atx-am4-motherboard-crosshair-vii-hero
pcpartpicker.com/list/3NC8yX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Giving this thread some love too:
How long until the new generation of budget GPUs comes out? Because I'm building something new and thinking of buying an R5 2400G for the moment, until GPU prices for current models aren't out of the roof.
Any stances on this?

WHY NOT JUST BUYING A GAMING LAPTOP THOUGH

Reminder you're a fucking idiot for buying Intel. Adobe premiere crashes all the time on 9k series.

Stupid question but how do I know whether my gpu is integrated or not? This is what my pc says, given to me by a friend a early this year. I'm too retarded to open the casing so does this pc have a separate gpu? Please no bully.

Attached: Untitled.png (960x540, 91K)

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TD2VZR

A console would be a cheaper option than any recommendations in OP. They play the same GPU bound games just as well.
OP should just reccommend consoles, and TVs instead.

Your CPU definitely has an integrated GPU (because model), but you also have a dedicated GPU.

When will the 9900K prices in Europe come down to NA prices?

Attached: German-Children-Cooking.jpg (1600x765, 86K)

Go back to WCCFtech, not an issue.

>unironically advicing for Vega
can we stop the amd shills?

Thanks for the quick reply

your GT1030 is a dedicated GPU

Learn what bump limits are.
Go back to Jow Forumsamdlosershillsfaggotsex
>can we stop the amd shills?
No one has been able to for about a year.
>Thanks for the quick reply
welcome fren

Thanks too, researching on getting a new pc. I know according to here ryzen cpu is the way to go. I'm no tech geek and don't play games but this pc was given to me because that friend was building a powerful rig so why not and he gave me his pc. I was using a laptop all the time.

Consoles use AMD and kill PC gaming you fucking nigger.

>Consoles use AMD and kill PC gaming you fucking nigger.
So you understood the post.

Is systemrequirementslab a spyware?

Never because VAT

MODS

If installing new cpu (switching from intel to ryzen), ram, and mobo then do I have to reinstall windows? Will windows even boot after the change?

Some people just transferred their SSD from one computer to another so maybe?

no it's just kinda bad

Ok fine I'll believe your AMD shilling and try ryzen for this 5 year cycle

>I'll believe your AMD shilling
Are you retarded? I'm a pc illiterate and comparing both cpu AMD gives a better value to performance.

Why nost just buy a console?

R5 2400G is good if youre not playing the latest AAA games
Games like DOTA2 and League of Legends will do well and can hit +75fps on 1080p max
New gen GPU might come next year but an R5 CPU wont be much of a bottleneck on mid tier GPU

Any liquid cooling guides for someone who knows literally nothing about it?

Did he literally give it to you? That's an insanely good PC.

Yes, and why do you think that's a good pc? Here's more hardware information.

Attached: Untitled.png (904x880, 169K)

>Always use same material that has contact with your liquid to avoid corrosion
>Use distilled water - best overall and less likely clog tiny fins
>small silver in reservoir - to avoid algae and other microbe growth
>Flexible plastic tube - best to start with
>Test for leaks before running the loop with the computer on
>prepare a lot of tissues for potential leaks and spills
>Consider AIO cooling if you plan to liquid cool one component
>240mm/280mm radiators are good sizes for your primary, dont go less except when youre adding more
>watch a lot of youtube tutorials, never rely on only one channel

>Use distilled water - best overall and less likely clog tiny fins
As long as it's combined with an anti corrosion inhibitor.
youtube.com/watch?v=Evab4rhd48I
Otherwise it's more likely to clog tiny fins than a typical off the shelf coolant. Otherwise, pretty solid advice.

Is the Mbest MB279QR144 a decent monitor? I'm worried about the VA panel and ghosting issues.

Are they called them x-lake because you need to pump water from the nearest lake to cool them?

Attached: 1540386934774.png (1000x746, 235K)

I kind of want to get a custom loop again ;_;

Attached: cb15.png (1680x959, 490K)

shilling:
>h-hey guys buy the new Intel cpu AMD sure is shit, r-right?
not-shilling:
>ctrl-f ryzen, 100 results

Lurk any amount if time and you will see far more posts asking about ryzen, talking about ryzen, builds with ryzen, and so on. It's far more popular here.

Attached: 1540308396244.png (1384x725, 138K)

BASED

Got an old Asus Direct CUII HD7970. I've got the latest AMD drivers and I've made sure the power and display cables are all plugged in. It works fine at stock configuration with core at 1GHz, memory at 1400MHz and power offset at +/-0%, Fans are set to auto. However any attempt to overclock the memory or core gives me a flickering screen. Any guesses as to what could be the cause? It runs at 76C during full load so I don't think it's thermal problem. And by OC I mean even a 10+MHz offset gives me issues. I've got a 650W PSU and an I5 3570k so i don't think it's a power issue.

you're gonna need an ice lake to cool the next generation

Anyone recently bought an AMD card with the game bundle? Can I sell the code?

Could be a used miner card

75 degrees Celsius max on 1.48v? That's impressive

No, I bought and have had it for circa 5 years now. For some reason I never thought of overclocking it until now.

Try putting the card in another computer and see if the problem persists, could be anything from old GPU to motherboard to drivers

NH-D15 is bretty good

Alright, could be the motherboard. It won't OC my 3570k to 4.5 without upping the voltage to 1.32V while a lot of people report getting there with 1.2V. Will try another PC to see if it helps.

New budget range GPUs aren't coming out until next year on 7nm.

RX590 is coming out, but it's just a node shrunk RX580. Expecting like a 7-10% performance improvement.
1060Ti appears to be coming as well, which is 1060 with GDDR5X. In some games it'll be SLOWER because of the slower memory latency, just like how sometimes the 1070Ti is faster than the 1080 with the 1080's slower memory latency.

From what I've heard, the code itself is emailed and sellable, yes.

Cards lose stability with age. I had to run my 7970 at stock clocks after 6 years of usage as well. I used to be able to run it at 1070MHz at 930mv

is it true ssd gives no signs and it just dies completely all of a sudden?

It can, afaik. Not everything dies the same way and warranties vary.

fuck i fell for the ssd meme

If you have a 3D SLC/MLC NAND SSD, it's unlikely to die within 10 years unless you do heavy video editing or some shit for a living.

>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
Can someone elaborate on this statement? I'm using a laptop currently so I don't have this brand loyalty currently.

Also you can use tiered storage such as with StoreMi to extend SSD lifespan.

There's like a low vibrating/humming noise from my pc started today. If I lift it a little bit off my desk like 1 cm or less so the legs dont touch the desk it stops. wtf is this?

loose screws, bad fans

nah I think found it
its the bottom dust filter of my define r5 case

Gsnyc is proprietary tech that's tied to Nvidia, and because of this AMD cards perform very poorly. Freesync is open-source and works well with AMD cards. It's also cheaper because you dont have to send a check to the Jews to implement it into your monitor design like Goysync.

fuck it wasnt that

But Freesync is inferior to G-Sync. I don't know if Freesync 2 fixed all issues tho.

No, Gsync is inferior to Freesync.

Yes, some Freesync monitors are worse than the Gsync spec, but the best Freesync monitors are all better than the best Gsync ones.

Use your ears to find out where it's specifically coming from. Usually humming noises from a PC means there's something going on with the fans. Personally I had a humming noise from my PC and it was caused by the side intake fan trying to suck in air through the honeycomb grills of the case. Using a dust filter for that fan cut down on the noise.

I'm going to be creating a 2700x build in the next few months and I'm wondering what are some of the best motherboards would be to get for it? I intend on overclocking the CPU and using samsung b-die RAM (3200).

I've seen this motherboard recommended but I don't understand why: pcpartpicker.com/product/23gzK8/asus-rog-crosshair-vii-hero-atx-am4-motherboard-crosshair-vii-hero

Do I really need to pay that high of a price to get the most out of my 2700x/b-die ram?

>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superceded by 7nm CPUs within 6 months
can we replace this with something more reasonable like:
>i7-9700k/8700k - Slightly better gaming performance than 2700X, but much worse performance per dollar for most markets.

and if you must mention Kaby lake instead of:
>Any i5-i3/i7-7700k/non k variant - MONEY SINKS, will depreciate fast cuz of low core/thread count
just:
>Avoid 7th gen Intel processors.

>Wait for R7 3700X - "9900k destroyer"
how is "just wait" valid advice for someone looking to build a PC now? Maybe change this to something like:
>Expect Ryzen 3 series to come out in approx 6 months and compete with Intel 9th gen

Currently have a r3 2200g with 8gb Cl16 3200mhz ram + a 1070 and I can feel the bottleneck in almost every game that I play.
Should I replace my Gigabyte ab350n am4 motherboard with something better, get an r5 2600x with 16gb Cl14 3200mhz ram and let XFR and PBO do it's thing? This CPU + Ram + Mobo combo is easily over 550€, which I consider to be a pretty hefty sum. Would it be a better idea to only replace the Mobo and the ram and wait for 7nm Ryzen?

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-review.png (1920x1080, 2.71M)

Why don't you get a Ryzen 5 2600 with a B450 mother board? You could get both for about $300

I think that line covers it well.
Problem is that people don't really understand how much CPU they "need". It only becomes worth considering a 9700k if you have a 2k+ budget and 2080ti

>Avoid 7th gen Intel processors.
I didn't add that line, but people are just going to ask "why" every thread when it's put like that.

You're always free to make OP yourself though. Just as long as it's reasonable and not trolling that that one guy has been doing lately.
Unless you do things like recommend a Pentium, which doesn't have AVX and thus won't even boot some games requiring AVX support, then people are rightfully going to get pissed off.

Your bottleneck is the 4 threads. 4 threads isn't good enough for a solid 60fps in all games. You shouldn't have gotten a 2200G if you were planning to upgrade GPU so soon and without also upgrading CPU with it.
A 2600/x would fix your issue, yes.

I'm in europe and I have to pay tribute to (((them))) when buying tech.
Ia also like mini-itx and those mobos are a little more expensive.

If I were to buy a 1070Ti with my 2700X, how long could I play on 2560x1080@60FPS with little to no compromises?

I got a CH6 for my 2600x. It was 100 euro less than the CH7 and functions essentially the same. Seems like really good value and there's almost no difference between x370 and x470 as XFR2 and PBO are baked into the CPU and only require BIOS support are not motherboard features

>If I were to buy a 1070Ti with my 2700X, how long could I play on 2560x1080@60FPS with little to no compromises?
Until Nvidia gimps Pascal in driver.

Doesn't it not have BCLK OC options? that's a massive difference.

Based OP.

Attached: rip-in-peace-intelgoy.png (1200x800, 164K)

it has both bclk and eclk (asynchronous bclk)

Wow a guy with a brain

>Until Nvidia gimps Pascal in driver.
Shittiest no-answer I've seen on Jow Forums. Nobody is fucking pointing a gun at your head to update your drivers, all my fucking games run on last year's drivers completely fine.

Oh. Alright. Is that the X470 CH6 or X370 one?

>how is "just wait" valid advice for someone looking to build a PC now?
Funny, no one complained about "wait for 9700k" being in the OP for like 2 months.

the CH6 is x370, the CH7 is x470

My GTX 980 ti got fried when my PSU died, so now I have to replace it in [current year] GPU prices. Is there any brand that is better than the other (MSI, Gainward, ASUS, etc)? I'm looking at 1080s and maaaybe 2080s, but fuck me...

Still, any brand that has a shit rep?

Attached: 1540338322917.jpg (1000x1000, 81K)

If you don't want to pay that much then get b450 Tomahawk

>*NEW* driver updates dont matter!

>I deliberately force myself into situations that could potentially ruin my user experience by needlessly updating software that is working just fine.

>don't update driver
>card works like before
Brainlet

evga good
strix good
Msi mostly good (not Armor)
Gigabyte mostly bad but has good models
Just pick some cards you like and ask which one to buy honestly.

>Msi mostly good (not Armor)
Explain please? I have planned to buy a 1070TI Armor.

The cooler isn't very good. There's not much more to it.

Oh, that's irrelevant in my case. I have a kraken g12.

the fuck happened here

Attached: iniauq.png (481x236, 12K)

if you're on a budget and looking for the best price/performance, ryzen will be the best option

if you just care about the best absolute performance (in games), you're better off with intel, though

It's perfect for water cooling

Thanks, then it's a good choice for me.

r8 pcpartpicker.com/list/3NC8yX

Ahhh right.

Model matters, not brand, as the OP states.

misreading due to BCLK OC? Outdated BIOS or Windows?

How much to pay for a decent air cooling unit for Ryzen?

Just use stock to better your budget.

>buying a product that you know you have to stop updating to maintain performance
why is this okay?

more than 95w tdp is just too much for me

I bought my computer two years ago in november, installed my OS, all the device drivers, and never updated them. I have exactly zero driver related issues. Tell me how I benefit from needlessly updating my drivers to more recent versions other than jerking it to a higher version number.

>cannon lake and zen 2 NEVER FUCKING EVER
I can't wait any longer guys

I wasnt critisizing you directly my man, just the concept. If I pay for a product why should I be forced into using old drivers just to make it work? How is it okay for a company to make what you already bought shittier with updates? It's not like they make my car 1mph slower every time I bring it in for service.

>16GB DDR4 RAM
Holy crap, I want a friend like that!