Since Jow Forums is full of underage retards, recommend me a good tech forum or even a subreddit

Since Jow Forums is full of underage retards, recommend me a good tech forum or even a subreddit.

Fuck this place.

Underage retards explicitly forbidden to replying to this thread.

Attached: 1536865122624.jpg (1242x1183, 221K)

linux tech tips forum

wiki.c2.com

stackexchange and stackoverflow

this.

Attached: linus fanbase.jpg (812x621, 79K)

Any tech subr*ddit with fewer than 10k subscribers

Based and Linuspilled

so Jow Forums?

This place has no moderation, subr*ddits all have a topic so discussion doesn't stray too far from it

For discussion or news? IRC is nice

Sorry dude, you're stuck here. Subleddits always turn into circlejerks and/or ruined by admin drama. I'd let you join a pretty cool irc channel, but I have no idea whether you're a faggot or not.

Attached: 1347293139571.gif (300x187, 628K)

no one forces you to reply them, also they use clear reply patterns, how much of a brainlet are you?

You have to find such places yourself, otherwise they'd fill up with Jow Forumstards too

malwaretips.com

Smart

well you basically called him retard XD

>Subleddits always turn into circlejerks

every forum that has identities seems to always have two or three resident experts with 40,000 posts, and everyone else is terrified of them even when they post something that is demonstrably wrong. that's why I hate those places, because I don't want to have to develop a reputation and following in order to tell the guru that he's full of shit in this particular instance.

I've had the local expert keep telling me that I'm confused and my shit is screwed up, and nobody dares to actually check it out because then they will be in the doghouse. So I stick to Jow Forums and all the shitposting because in general nobody thinks they are the local ringleader.

cripple chan

This is actually true

This place has more problems in the sense that you can never be sure whether or not someone is actually providing you good information or just flat out making it up. At least with rank systems you kinda know whether or not you should be inclined to trust the guy posting.

Luke Smith youtube comments is a good starting place...

>Jewtube
>e-celebs
kys yourself you nigger faggot

ye that's why no one here follows ranks but argumentation patters.
If you post is full of fallacies and stupid memes out of context then people wont trust you.

Yeah but you can do that in one post and then in another post no one knows you're that guy.

It's both a good and a bad thing.

>At least with rank systems you kinda know whether or not you should be inclined to trust the guy posting.
and thats how you create bubbles
commies upboating commies and so on
no-no, better be your own filter for shit information

Which is great in theory but in practice it means that knowledgeable people have to waste time wading through 500 shitposts and another 500 mind-numbingly wrong posts by underage poseurs just to find one (1) post by someone who knows what they're talking about. Sure, you can filter the zero-effort posts with regexes but I still see tedious Intel vs. AMD and Apple vs. Android rubbish and swarms of underage fuckwads barging into React.js threads going "hurr durr JS sucks". This is why sites like HN and reddit have better discussions; you can just filter these dumb cunts by name instead of managing a list of 200 regexes that don't catch all their droppings.

But then you're just walking a prairie of shit trying to find that one diamond. I'm not arguing against you, I'm just saying neither of the two options is ideal.

>This is why sites like HN

I assume that's Hacker News. Is that a decent site? The name turns me off, for one thing, even though I realize it probably is in the original sense, meaning someone who tinkers or mods shit, but I suppose it attracts leet haxors too.

My one post there went like this: The thread topic was "look at this awesome article!", so I did, and it was some clown who said that if you want to get rid of Windows and install Linux, you have to "peel back the layers of windows like an onion". So I posted something like "what is this 'peeling back layers like an onion' referring to? You just backup your data and format the disk.".

A while later I checked back, and nobody had agreed with me, and my post was really faint, like barely readable. I assume that when you get downvoted your post is made harder to read. Anyway, that was enough "Hacker" posting for me.

>Is that a decent site?
Like reddit, you'll want to shoot yourself if you browse its comments threads without a filter list. But enough actual, semi-famous programmers, hardware developers, and investors post there to make it worthwhile.

fuck elon musk - one seedy unhealthy idiot -
drugs are '90s' who the fuck would buy a tesla after seeing that .. the guy on the end of the line? he runs it .. he smokes fucking street drugs

fuck musk - fuck tesla - disgusted

the piece of shit doesn't know about the people dying all over because of drugs

fuck musk -- an idiot -- brand is nothing --you white south african piece of shit

>Underage retards explicitly forbidden to replying to this thread.
HAHAHA NVIDIOT HOUSEFIRE SHINTEL AYYYMD BTFO

Elon is based, he tweeted a touhou girl last night.

this

>or even a subreddit.
You need to be a bit more specific in your interest in technology. The general Jow Forumstechnology and Jow Forumsprogramming are just as retarded. So basically what said.
disrecommended
Pretty sure it's just as bad.