Lied on my CV that i knew software development and I got an interview next week...

Lied on my CV that i knew software development and I got an interview next week. I've only been learning python programming from YouTube for the past month.

what the FUCK do now Jow Forums

Attached: 1480946315170.png (246x232, 34K)

Schedule your interview for Friday afternoon. Learn the buzzwords. Hope for dumb luck.

What kind of buzzwords?

Fake everything, throw some pretty words, pray for a non-technical interview, smile.

the important question (NO GOOGLING):
"Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Cat” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Dog”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “CatDog”.

can you do it, again, without googling? You will probably manage somehow. Can't? Get the fuck out.

Cancel the interview - tell them that you took another offer already. You end up clean and not looking like an asshole.

if you're not op: don't post the result. There's a small chance op turns out to not be a faggot and is able to solve it

This, if OP can do this he might do fine.

Tell them that you lied.

most "qualified" people can't program when it comes time to interview so no matter how hard you bomb someone with experience probably bombed harder

Read crack the coding interview

>what the FUCK do now Jow Forums
Get what you deserve.

Stop giving OP false hope. No interview test is going to be that easy.

you would surprised how much you can bullshit your way if you aren't a complete brainlet.

the real question is what will you IF you get hired

This

You'll also be surprised how obvious it is to your fellow developers when you're nothing but dead weight. Please apply for a job you are actually qualified for instead of wasting months of our time trying to get rid of you.

get yourself a tiny earpiece, get a real coder to tell you what do by radio. politicians do this shit all the time.

Synergestic flow and cascading agile principles.

Attached: Ithinkiamcheating.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Learn the basics of 'software engineering'
You need to look this term up because you can't guess what it means.

is there really a chance to be a developer with python if you can solve something as easy as this?
I find it hard to believe that there are candidates who tries to get programming job without being able to solve something as trivial.

well as op turned out to be a faggot (surprise) and it was probably bait, try to solve it by yourself and post the answer.
Everyone initially thinks its trivial, that's the magic of this question.
It's most effective when directly observing what someone is trying to do

It's only a thing because tech companies are overrun by applicants lying on their resumes and filling their buzzword quotients with things they saw mentioned on CSI once. Passing it is a sign that you might be worth further consideration, nothing more.

s/quotients/quotas

this
And also, as what. OP didn't even state if its actually a software dev position.

Literally wont even be the first or last person to bullshit an interview and then later get fired for being shit

start a fizzbuzz thread and start collecting the collective wisdom of Jow Forums

>some guy with 20 certs get hired just by getting interviews by HR (has no idea about anything outside or inside of programming)
>guy gets hired
>pings localhost for 5 months
>gets asigned on some angular project beause he claims he is some kind of js ninja
>cant even finish a static html template
>gets fired

>5 months pay for nothing

so this is what smart people do, huh

phoneposting so forgive any simple spelling/syntax errors. python.

for i in range(1,101):
if i%5==0 and i%3==0:
print("CatDog")
elif i%3==0:
print("Cat")
elif i%5==0:
print("Dog")
else:
print(i)

I could solve it within the first week of learning python, probably.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
no codeblock means indentation is lost.
fucking going to kms, brb.

>tell the truth on my resume that I know software development
>can't get hired anyway
Fuck you OP, and I hope you fail.

Everyone in IT I know has literally lied to get their jobs and learned by faking till they make it, don't understand why people are raging about it

>a job involving no skills other than knowing computers slightly better than your boomer coworkers and being willing to work for half as much.
>full of people who lied about having skills that IT only added to the job requirements so they wouldn't have to admit their jobs required no skill.
Yeah, big surprise there. Software development doesn't work like that.

Attached: tumblr_nj8tk1v7vt1qb9v97o1_400.gif (265x270, 2M)

for (int x=1, int status=1; x

what lies did you put on your resume?

Dress up like Crocodile Dundee and asks where the snakes at

Attached: xin_41090304164787990214.jpg (330x420, 29K)