Firs of all: amd btfo, on suicide watch, imminent bankruptcy, finished, ect ect

Firs of all: amd btfo, on suicide watch, imminent bankruptcy, finished, ect ect

Now all meming aside why was dirt 4 the only game able to efficiently use vegas shader heavy math crunching advantage over nvidia?

gtx 1080 : 8.9 FP32 TFLOPs
vega 56: 12.6 FP32 TFLOPs

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-26-10-40-48.png (1280x720, 486K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SzUU5FqfewI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vega 64*

Why a massive parallel monster that destroys everything on compute was able to destroy everything on compute

>ect ect
Fucking retard

You won't see this outside of dirt 4 tho. Vega 64 barely keeps up with the 1080 in most gaymes.

forgot pic related

Attached: Slide2.png (1285x1768, 92K)

Its not easy to program games with tons of parallelism.

>AMD Unboxed

Whatever your question was, that is the answer.

Post argument or go back to sucking cocks.

Attached: genetic-fallacies.gif (681x1339, 63K)

GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING GAYTRACING

>Are you raising a legitimate, relevant concern about the reliability of the source?
>Yes

He lost any reliability and legitimation if he ever had any when he put the 2600 on a setup rig twice its usually price just to beat the 8400 on a budget. He IS an amd shill.

Attached: 1539714671002.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

Ok, now how does this CPU thing invalidate the GPU dirt 4 benchmark? Also can you prove a cheap B450 motherboard and hyper evo 212 can't OC a 2600 to 4.2?

I'm an intel/nvidia user btw.

Attached: latest.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

THE TEN TERAFLOP BARRIER TO ENTHUSIAST GAMING HAS FINALLY BEEN BROKEN
WE CRUSHED THE COMPETITION

It can and burn down your house shortly afterwards. It wont beat the 8400 however consider the way xfr works.

Proofs? Because as far as I'm aware even cheap B450 support up to 95W TDP packages. Stock 2600 has a TDP of 65W and OC to 4GHz is still close to that so 4.2GHz OC @ 1.2-1.3v would get close to 95W at worst. Cooling is also more than sufficient with a hyper evo 212 as it will only reach a little over 60C at 4GHz at 1.2v. Also why do mention xfr when that's disabled for proper OC'ing?

Look man just because you criticise a cpu test setup triggered you doesn't make the reviewer unreliable. If you had actual proof that you literally can't OC to 4.2 GHz on a cheap b450 and a 212 evo then I would wholesomely welcome your critique but in this case you're acting like a retard.

Attached: 2018-05-26-image-2 (2).png (1336x1460, 25K)

>It can and burn down your house shortly afterwards.
Sounds unrealistic, it's a 65W rated TDP. It won't draw much more than 100W even OC'd, and you can't use much more than 1.3-1.4V on it anyway. It'll draw about the same power as an 8400 using XFR, maybe less.

>It wont beat the 8400 however consider the way xfr works.
Ironic you say that, because XFR only works properly on Z370 boards and needs proper cooling to keep temperatures under the threshold that allow the 8400 to keep using it. Making your price argument moot.

Do you have any proof that they actually used water cooling and a highend X370 board with the 2600 on their review, and not what they stated?

I've always wondered, why does the 8400 have an unusually high power consumption even at stock settings? And this is only with all cores turboing to 3.8GHz.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9RLzgvNzIxNTIwL29yaWdpbmFsLzA1LVBvd2VyLUNvbnN1bXB0aW9uLVRvcnR1 (708x531, 93K)

Nice stutter.

only if you use intel cpu

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YL0wvNzc0OTIxL29yaWdpbmFsL0Zhci1DcnktUHJpbWFsLUZyYW1lVGltZW9C (711x445, 90K)

Actually it is, but DX12 still isn't fully enabled because microsoft for some reason didn't released shader model 6.0

>Do you have any proof that they actually used what they said they used

The absolute state of amdrone mental gymnastics.

Dunno but i wish vega was better and i wish amd had better gpus. I think the cpu market is fine now but the gpu market needs to catch up.

We know they did and the 8400 was only able to maintain 3.9 GHz on 4 cores (max efficiently used in gaymes) but the takeaway here is that ryzen matched coffeelake IPC.

If were taking practicality into account then you could easily lock the 2600 to 3.9 GHz @ ~1.2 and be able to cool it with the stock cooler (prime95 avx will be over 75-80C but not gaymen which still makes the 2600 and overall better deal than the i5-2600 which requires an aftermarket cooler to maintain 3.9GHz on 4 cores during gaming else it thermal throttles on stock cooler.

t. i7-7700K owner waiting to upgrade to zen 2.

Are you from a broken family? You sound genuinely mentally ill.

I seem to recall him saying it was something to do with CMAA, which basically no other title uses? I would guess either Nvidia is particularly bad at that form of anti-aliasing, AMD is particularly good at it, or AMD is terrible at every other one.

Nice adhominem, Steve.

He's probably serious and so am I. You okay man? Is AMD blackmailing you or something?

Interesting.

Attached: 15021640962kesgb4nqh_10_2.png (630x410, 178K)

>amd is blue, intel is red
what did Tom mean by this?

Well I'd shit on that shill channel too if he does the same to intel or nvidia. I hate it that Jow Forums praises that shill just because he shills for an underdog.

Probably wanted to point out overheating and thermal/TDP throttling. Even with proper cooling 8700K usually maxes out onboard motherboard max TDP even on stock settings which causing throttling. I'm surprised intel CPUs don't kill the VRMs.

It's even stranger with their CPUs.

Attached: Ryzen-Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-1080p-Ultra-Preset-MSAA-Off-1-800x600.png (800x600, 27K)

Do we even need AA at high resolutions like 1440p and 4K anymore?

Attached: oysqu8zbtgh11.png (653x767, 363K)

Hey Steve.

Because they're made with dogshit bins

Bullshit, B450 Tomahawk handles a 2700X just fine.

does anyone have that pic of intel only oc'ing on liquid, not air?

Not at 4k, of the screen is small enough.
I imagine anyway, I don't have a 4k screen.

>stock Zen performs better than overclocked Zen for Min fps

What.

You are an obsolute retard if you are even considering AMD for gaymen.
I know Jow Forums is full of pajeets shilling AMD but with a little research you will realize how shitty it is.

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png (500x1450, 95K)

>8c/16t cpu
>1080Ti
>1080p resolution

Feels like a fucking farce. Relative Performance at that class of CPUs should only apply to 1440p to 4K. 1080p perf ceiling should cut off at 6c/12t parts. 8c, 10c, 12c, 16c parts and up are what should apply to the higher ceilings exclusively for "relative performance %".

Nvidia's drivers have some weirdness for zen.

Even at 1440p a 2700x is worse than an i5, but by less.

Go away, ubisoft.

More like SHiT 4

That's not what OP asked tho?

You are right, same story with gpus tho.
Only AMD gpus worth buying are the midrange ones like 580 and below.

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440 (1).png (500x970, 51K)

>8% DIFFERENCE
>60% price difference
what a deal mr. shlomo

he's implying that tom intentionally made that graph misleading

because anyone that glances over that would see blue=good and red=stutter, and intel is normally represented by blue and amd is normally represented by red

>8400 costs half the 2700x if you add the motherboards cost
>still beats it
Nice try pajeet, back to r/AMD you go

>250 is half of 300

Attached: subzeroiqintelhq.jpg (645x729, 68K)

>[Higher is Better]
Are gaymers that retarded?

Guy who made the pic here.
Hardware unboxed mentioned the hardware used Twice, and actually recommended the 8400 at the end.
It's literally not the guys fault fanboys and shills take his benchmarks, remove all context and then shill it like "yeah just oc the 2600 youl get this amazing performance"

And so I don't think Hardware unboxed is an amd shill. However he sure provides lot of material for faggots to use maliciously.

>Also can you prove a cheap B450 motherboard and hyper evo 212 can't OC a 2600 to 4.2?
LOL! with what fucking temps.
Here is the 2600 STOCK, on 6 true phase motherboard and a hyper 212X and 5 case fans.
Look at the temps!

Attached: compare.jpg (3196x970, 702K)

again keep in mind, this is a stock 2600 with no overclocking done to it.
On in a case with 5 fans, A hyper 212X cooler and using kryonaut thermal paste.

I have a 1500X, not even a well binned 1500X, and my B350 Tomahawk can handle it at 4.0 with a 212 turbo relatively fine. Keep in mind though, I'm not a retard, so my case has solid airflow and three 120 mm fans on the front. I see no reason why a decent B450 wouldn't be able to hold the 6 core 12nm chip at the same frequency. Don't know about 4.2, but you certainly don't need to go all the way to the Crosshair 7 for a motherboard that can still do that. As for the cooling, watercooling certainly isn't necessary, my 212 turbo could probably handle even an 8 core zen+ chip at 4.0, but if you want to be extra safe, you can always go for anything from a Cryorig H5 to a BeQuiet DarkRock or a DarkRock Pro, no need to spend 150 dollars on some CLC meme.
But all of that is academic. The simple fact is that the 2600 can indeed achieve a 4.2 Ghz overclock and that 4.2 Ghz overclock will indeed give it heaps better performance than your locked i5 meme.
STOP BUYING LOCKED i5s DULLARD.

You may as well spend a third of the cost and get the 8400 and get 95% of the framerate in gaymes. Unless you're so rich you just buy whatever, but in that case you probably already have a dual xeon set up anyway

>Stock
So you're probably running ~0.1v more than you could be at whatever your operating frequencies are and could probably overclock at your stock voltage without much temp increase.

Proof?

t. 1600x OC'd to 4.1GHz 1.3v with hyper evo 212

Probably because it didn't use Novidyas shit and instead relied on pure performance. At some point MEMS law will come to GPU as well, but Novidya will be so far ahead in CUDA and shit build on compute and AI, AYYEEMMM DEE will be far in the ass, unless it activates CONSOLE DEPLOYMENT.

Literally just posted proof. Or you want me to film myself continously in one shot, show you the bios settings, the computer parts and their serial number?

>in AIDA 64
>a synthetic stress test
>that no game comes remotely close to
>yet the CPU is still under 70C
>with a 30 dollar cooler
>and a six core twelve threaded monster turboing over 3.5Ghz all-core
>the motherboard of undisclosed make and model that is reportedly a "true 6 phase" isn't even seeing its VRMs hit 50 most of the time
>when they're rated to run efficiently until 100C
>this is somehow supposed to prove your point
....how?
t. 1500X OC'd to 4.0 @ 1.36v with RAM OC'd to 2800 @ 1.35v, AIDA reports 55C max on VRM, 1500X high 60's/low 70's w/ Hyper 212 Turbo.

No you retard, just post pic of your guts.

>a synthetic stress test
consistent and reproducable results are bad!
benchmark stability in "games" what ever the fuck that is supposed to mean since the load varries from game to game and moment to moment

>yet the CPU is still under 70C
>with a 30 dollar cooler
You should have seen how cool my 6700k ran on OC. It's fucking pathetic that 2600 is fucking hotter at lower clocks.

>and a six core twelve threaded monster turboing over 3.5Ghz all-core
Is that supposed to be impressive?

>the motherboard of undisclosed make and model that is reportedly a "true 6 phase" isn't even seeing its VRMs hit 50 most of the time
Yes, because it's a true 6 phase with high quality components AND my case has good airflow. That has NOTHING to do with the 2600 chip thats overheating like a motherfucker.

>when they're rated to run efficiently until 100C
Are you a retard? The absolute max is 95C and you already see lifespan reduction at 85-90. 95C is literally the final line.

>this is somehow supposed to prove your point
Yes, have you ever overclocked amd and intel cpus? Or are you the kind of person who shills cpus based on youtube videos?

what that supposed to show you exactly?

>my 6700K
>I'm going to compare a quadcore
>to a hexcore that also absolutely indiscriminately roflstomps it all the same reproducible benchmarks I love so much, even at stock
>even though I was specifically bragging about Intel GAMING performance
OK.
>proceeds to ask the guy that posted his CPU, overclock and temps right under the rest of his post if he's ever overclocked before
>and spew figures about VRM temps that change between manufacturers
>and even by his own admission I'm off by only 5C
>but muh longevity
What the fuck are you going to use your motherboard for after four years, cunt? A paperweight maybe. Your Z170 is already a dead chipset.
And even if you want to keep it for fucking 10 years, mine ran under 60C with both the CPU AND RAM overclocked and overvolted in AIDA And this is a cheapo B350 Tomahawk we're talking about, not some Crosshair 7. Again, what "premium true 6 phase" did you buy and why do I already know it's a Gigabyte?
Post your fucking guts.

>>I'm going to compare a quadcore
Yet you go and
>t. 1500X OC'd to 4.0 @ 1.36v with RAM

>to a hexcore that also absolutely indiscriminately roflstomps it all the same reproducible benchmarks I love so much, even at stock
2600 doesn't stomp an 6700k.

>>even though I was specifically bragging about Intel GAMING performance
Is this the part where you start to just throw every argument you ever though of even though it doesn't concern me at all, cause you seem to be doing it.

>proceeds to ask the guy that posted his CPU, overclock and temps right under the rest of his post if he's ever overclocked before
Posting head cannon text about a 4 core chip has little to do with proof of you knowing anything.

>and spew figures about VRM temps that change between manufacturers
what are you even trying to say here, do you not know how VRMs work?

>and even by his own admission I'm off by only 5C
95C is literally critical levels and you should aim to keep your ryzen below 85C at least while below 80 is good.
You said "made to oparate at 100C" you full fucking retard.

>>but muh longevity
Amd retards running their housefire at 100C because it's fine, who cares about longetivity.
Holy shit if intel told you this shit youd shitpost for weeks.

> Again, what "premium true 6 phase"
Ah this is the part where you assume I don't know shit about electronics and get my idea about it from youtube videos and not actually looking up components on the motherboard and their specs.

>why do I already know it's a Gigabyte?
It's not.

>Post your fucking guts.
How about I post yours you curry nigger.

>AMD Unboxed
prove it

You realise that 97% of people don't overclock right? And a lot of those that do just use the motherboard preset..

Tell me more irrelevant things

>headcannon
u w0t?

>2600 doesn't stomp the 6700k
IN WHAT FUCKING UNIVERSE?
Certainly not in the realm of repeatable synthetic benchmarks.

>he thinks VRM temp tolerances don't change between mosfet manufacturers
GG no re.

>95C is critical levels
Are we still talking VRMs here?
Because last I checked Intel's 9900k housefire let's itself run at 105 during synthetics.

>who cares about longevity
APPARENTLY NOT INTEL

>he thinks he knows about electronics
Cute.

>it's not Gigabyte
Well gee user I didn't think you'd sink to the level of fucking Biostar holy shit.

>he's still not posting guts
What a nigger

Attached: IMG_20181027_025602_HHT.jpg (4160x3120, 939K)

>u w0t?
blurry picture of guts and text doesn't prove much.

>IN WHAT FUCKING UNIVERSE?
this one

>he thinks VRM temp tolerances don't change between mosfet manufacturers
>GG no re.
VRM tolerances stay mostly the same, it's they efficiency and heat they generate from inefficency that does change. Pick up a book, learn some electronics.

C is critical levels
Are we still talking VRMs here?
No we are talking about CPU.

>Because last I checked Intel's 9900k housefire let's itself run at 105 during synthetics.
Indeed it does, how ever I didn't mention 9900k, now did I?
But I guess by your logic the intel 9900k is a huge success because it's only 5deg higher than a 6 core ryzen for "normal and acceptable operating temps"

>who cares about longevity
>APPARENTLY NOT INTEL
Yeah, you going to point to the failure 9900k at every point I critizise ryzen?
>this 2600 runs too hot
>WELL SO DOES 9900k

>Cute.
Sadly you aren't.

>Well gee user I didn't think you'd sink to the level of fucking Biostar holy shit.
It's not biostar either faggot.

>What a nigger
Not going to run home just to take a picture of the inside of my case that will prove fuck all.

It depends on the size of the screen and viewing distance. I've got a 55" 4K Samsung Q series TV, and if I'm sitting about 10 feet away on the couch I can't see jagged edges on anything. but if I'm using it as a monitor and sitting a few feet closer I can still notice some rough edges.

If you had a 30~ or so screen at normal viewing distance maybe you wouldn't need any AA with 4K res. Anything bigger than that and you might still want like 2X.

NOw look at the power draw.. Vega 64 at 400 watts. You need a nuclear power

>doesn't prove much
Well I'd post my AIDA but...

>this one
No benchmark I've heard of. Maybe single core benchmarks by a slight margin if that's what you're getting at.

>VRM tolerances stay mostly the same
>source: your ass
Yeah okay.

>No we are talking CPU
You're still trying to claim that the 2600 will run at 100C on a 212 Evo when OC? Jesus fuck you're dumb.
youtube.com/watch?v=SzUU5FqfewI
>2600
>4100mhz
>1.4 volts
>even the 30 dollar crap keeps it mostly under 90
>no CLC required to keep it under 80
>and it's a shitty bin
GG. No re.

>are you going to keep mentioning Intel's continuing failure to produce an affordable alternative to Ryzen for as long as I talk about Ryzen
As long as you keep sounding like a corelet that's still butthurt that the world moved on and away from quadcores, yes, yes I will. As a poorfag I'm happy and grateful that AMD made a score of 899CB affordable for me.

Attached: AIDA.png (985x712, 53K)

Stock Vega 64 with the standard BIOS pulls just under 300w, it sticks to its power limit of 295w.
Not 400w.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS83L08vNzAxNDEyL29yaWdpbmFsLzAxLUdhbWluZy1XYXR0YWdlLnBuZw==.png (711x533, 83K)

>Well I'd post my AIDA but...
thats unfortunate

>Yeah okay.
How many fucking mosfets, and capacitors have you looked up, and their datasheet, for real, where the fuck are you getting these fucking stupid ideas that some tolerate more heat, rather than that some are more efficient at any given current and thus generate less heat.
Are you serious, you use THIS, pic related as defense?
1.4volts, which is 0.02 volts over what ryzen should be at in long term usage.
90 fucking temps, 5deg away from literal damage to your chip
probably both fans running at max RPM as well.
>and it's a shitty bin
They are all a shitty bin, that's called a 2600.
Honestly it's fucking mind boggling you can bring this shit up.
Fucking 8700k at 5ghz OC is more deserving of this cooling, not some piece of shit chip struggling to get 4.1ghz.

>As long as you keep sounding like a corelet that's still butthurt that the world moved on and away from quadcores, yes, yes I will.
Literally have a test system with 2600 I am tinkering on, an old 6700k system and a 9700k build in the making. But yes keep using "corelet" as if it means anything, fucking nigger living in fantasy land.

Attached: 2600 temps.jpg (1920x2164, 502K)

Aaaaand I know you didn't watch the video.
Screenshot you posted are PEAK temps. Retard. He said himself that the Frozen kept it under 90 the vast majority of the time

>struggling to achieve 4.1Ghz
Again, shit bin. No, not all 2600s are shit bins. Steve's could clearly do 4.2.

>A 9700k build in the making
So you BOUGHT the stutterfire you BEGGED me not to criticize. EXCEPT YOU BOUGHT THE GIMPED VERSION
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ok. Conversation over.

>Screenshot you posted are PEAK temps. Retard.
I know they are peak temps faggot.
>He said himself that the Frozen kept it under 90 the vast majority of the time
Wow, so it's not like it was 90deg, it just kept it right below it, wow, such improvements.

>Again, shit bin.
That's the general experience with 2600 ryzen.

>No, not all 2600s are shit bins. Steve's could clearly do 4.2.
Yeah, now how many cpus did he have to go through to get it.

>So you BOUGHT the stutterfire you BEGGED me not to criticize
Point out a single instance where I begged you not to critisize 9900k.
>EXCEPT YOU BOUGHT THE GIMPED VERSION
The 8 core with a nice OC will be perfect for gaming, it will beat most anything and is cheaper. I don't see why I wouldn't get it.

>BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Ok. Conversation over.

>I have now declared victory because I don't have anything to actually address his points with
>damn it feels good to be so self delusional
yeah okay, have fun, no wonder you think 2600 is good.

Just don't forget your delid kit and sandpaper, retard.

>being this assblasted

How long will you keep posting this pictures filled with assumptions?

>Lazy gayme devs or something
>Nvidia market/mind share lead
>Nvidia paying for their optimization
Probably some other shit, but can't think of much more off the top of my head

>buying nvidia with literal spyware in drivers
Sigh.

>the only game where amd is good

try again

Attached: BlackCops4.png (1309x954, 119K)

Attached: BlackCops4K.png (1292x919, 102K)

Attached: BlackCops41080p.png (1296x919, 127K)

Haven't the Cod of Duty gaymes been historically AyyMD-leaning?
Also
>Another Blacked Ops gayme

Not in the slightest afaik.

Why do you fags care so much about CPUs gaming performance?
Jow Forums is not for gaming discussions, that's what /v/ is for.

Now if you want to compare CPUs at video making or encoding, sure that's fine.
But gaming FPS is off topic for this board.

Attached: 1526319254556.png (500x447, 355K)

>the most real-life benchmark is off topic for this board
Go be poor somewhere else

Attached: 1540437760044.jpg (846x1200, 145K)

Video game discussions belong on /v/ as per the sticky.
Real world adults do not play video games.

Games are quite the representative of the average software. Most of them are singlecore heavy and would benefit more on faster clockspeed. They are easy to test too with fps being the dumbed down metric.

Oh god.
Reddit has infested this place to the point where Gaymers think games are a test of real world performance.

Attached: 1515024667864.jpg (256x192, 6K)

There's no computer in the real world.

>False flag posting this hard
we know you are begging the question about the minds but vegas was still an overprice housefire falure

About the mins*

Big think.

Attached: 1539298648901.jpg (808x720, 156K)

I think you need this board