My Windows 7 computer starts to feel really slow, even when compared to my atom tablet...

My Windows 7 computer starts to feel really slow, even when compared to my atom tablet. Would Windows 10 help in any way, presuming I'd apply few tricks?

Also, how, realistically, do I have all programs I need installed but still keep Windows fast?
>all applications and games require launchers
>loads of autoruns
>c++ executables
>5gbs of windows temporary data every 2 weeks

I miss how fast 98 felt.

Attached: windows_10_s_start_menu-100721339-large.jpg (699x393, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/installgentoo/images/2/2c/Windows7_debloat.png/revision/latest?cb=20121226001655
wpd.app
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows 10 performs slower than 7 on any hardware I tried it on.

it's slower because you bloated it with useless shit you never use anyway

This.
De-bloat your machine's OS user.
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/installgentoo/images/2/2c/Windows7_debloat.png/revision/latest?cb=20121226001655

windows 10 ltsc
No cortana and no disgusting shit in the start menu like in that pic

>useless shit you never use anyway
How do people work on computers, then? Not everyone is like you and use computers as heat generating pricey machines to post on Jow Forums.

>Would Windows 10 help in any way

No, absolutely none.

by only installing the shit you need? what a dumb question

buggy piece of shit. i use it right now. even the task manager is fucked in the head.

Ok - some people need more than office, browser and your single programming ide you use whenever you want to look serious in screenshots for desktop ricing. That's already a lot of bloat. Add a game you play while bored and you get quite a lot of programs installed.

what you described isn't nearly enough bloat to drag your systems down. installing a shitton of programs you never even use is, that's what i literally said in the first post. tell me one reason why you would more than one audioplayer, more than one video player, all the tools which you only used one time, or all that shit which is nestled in your autostart directory for some dumb reason. that's what's slowing your pc down

>using windows 10
enjoy niggers

Attached: 1540565733167.jpg (699x393, 73K)

enjoy the botnet fag

Attached: 1523379499058.jpg (580x346, 47K)

run Tronscript and free yourself (or just reinstall 7)

It doesn't matter how many programs are on your drive, only how many are running. Games for example. Doom runs no slower after I install soul calibur. Only if I ran them both at once would it make a difference.

Look at process explorer to see what programs are using up what system resource. If the program does have to be running, try changing some settings to control it. Reinstall it if it's running abnormally. Finally you can use the data from process explorer to make a cost effective upgrade. Figure out if you need storage, ram, CPU, graphics or whatever.

If your normal workload is running slower you might have a windows issue or malware, but reinstalling 7 would be better than installing 10. Also make sure none of your parts are overheating.

Your GNU plus Linux distro uses proprietary software too, so I don't know what the point of your existence is. Post your vrms you fucking poser piece of shit.

fresh win 10 install ? yes it will help but dont install something if you already have it like Edge, Movies&TV that means no MPC,Firefox or Chrome,7zip

>having more shit on the drive makes the OS run slower
the absolute state of windows

>Tronscript
Is this legit? Gonna be doing a Win 10 install of ltsc soon and want to turn off all the nanny crap and telemetry or lets say as much of it as possible.

dude what will they know about you that is so threatening ?

ask yourself this do you own a smartphone ? do you use google ?

if yes tan why risk breaking win 10 trying to disable telemetry

wpd.app

Takes 1 minute to turn off all ads, telemetry, and uninstall all preinstalled bloatshit. It's fucking fantastic, makes Win10 what it should be out of the box.

>turns off telemetry
you can't. and learn to use gpedit.

I had the opposite experience on a netbook of mine windows 10 was faster. It probably depends on the chip.

I know m8, but only recently I saw webms of someone typing in start search and it uploading the search to microsoft straight away. Not only is that extra stress on your system it's also a different level of intrusive.
Wouldn't you want to minimise any snooping? It's the proncipal of the matter too of course.

I use gpedit all the time at work, I know well how to use it. This is a one-touch solution because I prefer spending a minute instead of ten for the same task (plus as mentioned, one-touch uninstall of the store shit is great).

>one touch uninstall
there are ps cpmmands to remove every modern application. with three commands they are all gone. or even better use ltsb if you need 10. ideally you'd use 7.

I mean do it if you want it or try a Linux distro I did that but decided to stick with win 10 now I even take use of Cortana

there are some minimal Linux distros

yeah its legit, its just a script that runs a bunch of cleanup tools and built in windows commands automatically
you should try o&o shutup10 for that

I recommend trying Linux. Probably Mint is a good choice to start out.

if you're not a retard that doesn't know how to edit the start menu there is nothing wrong with Windows 10
also not your personal tech support

That's the plan, I have a fresh ssd for win 10 and probably kubuntu dual boot.
Ok thanks man, this'll be very useful for the initial setup to save some time, I'll save details.

watch with the upgrades win 10 so it doesnt destroy linux

its slowing down because the filing system is primitive
get a real OS

Ok sure thing, I don't want it mangling my Linux install.
I'll install the ltsc version and avoid updates, not sure how updates are rolled out on the enterprise versions, think it's only security, not sure.
Then Linux second. Still haven't 100% decided on a distro. I've enjoyed KDE the most over the years.

Only if there was some sort of free operation system that would also be a lot of faster.

Install Gentoo
>Would Windows 10 help in any way
no

yeah .. gates et al, from the start
only they exist

in failure