do we need more Cortana ? I just use it for opening setting or youtube

Attached: cor.jpg (1909x976, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

delete-windows-botnet.xyzzy.ru/run_me_as_admin.exe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice bait XD Epic Troll

>haven't updated since 1709
>not a single problem since
>every single vulnerability or security issue can be mitigated with some common sense
>haven't had my computer crash or delete files due to MS incompetence

But please, spin a yarn about how malware can't ever be beaten and that only daddy MS can stop it.

Windows 10 is botnet shit, and Jow Forums is for tech enthusiasts (and autists). If you use Windows you really do belong in /v/, so fuck off.

Dark mode. Everything is still bright.

amazingly fast OS. nothing wrong with it

direct me to the linux version of Avid Media Composer, After Effects and Assimilate Scratch you big mememaster, cause that's what I use to work and live

If your life depends on proprietary shit you're a slave.

how do i force update to 1809?

k senpai, keep thinking that

when is Notepad getting support for LF line endings? I thought it was already supposed to have happened

CONFESSION
i've fapped to cortana's voices

Did anyone experience the 5 or 6 different awful bugs that have been reported on 1809?

I heard shit about bootlooping, deleting files (that's the most popular one), messing with zip file extraction... I'm not sure. Doesn't seem fun.

why do you hate Windows 10 ? yes it has its flaws but any OS has, to me Windows has always worked and got the job done and I tried various Linux distros but Windows was always the best for me

thats weird

still on 1803 but once it is all tested I will try it
desu I heard people having problems with Windows 10 from the start but I never did so maybe I will try the 1809

lol

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

like I said I never had any problems with windows 10

you haven't used it enough then. i deal with this piece of shit on a daily basis and with every day i find new bugs and annoyances.

probabaly started with Windows ME...so yeah I used Windows for quite some time and for a regular user its more than ok

or was it 98 ? who knows I was a kid

I like dark mode.
We don't need more Cortana.

t. neet

>doesn't know that Windows doesn't index everything by standard
>probably messed up his indexing settings with some shitty third party tools like O&O
>being this retarded

this, no dark mode on my machine

>why do you hate Windows 10 ?
Because it lets them pretend they're leet haxors. Rest assured, every single one of them has a Windows 10 partition or VM that they spend 90% of their screen time in - and yet they're still completely mystified as to how to operate it.

I've used it since Windows 3.0 - which still beats any Linux distro hands-down today: working drivers, working software, doesn't need the Internet to fart, and runs great on a 386.

This. It's the bottom line with these losers who constantly have Windows problems: they never mention the shady .reg's they download and shadier .exe's they run as administrator that are fucking things up - no no no, it's Windows, not at all delete-windows-botnet.xyzzy.ru/run_me_as_admin.exe

They're really fucked Cortana up.
And its bullshit that I can't choose a mic to dedicated to Cortana other than my default which isn't always on.

>%windir%\System32\gatherNetworkInfo.vbs
>dumps all your hardware ID, internal and external IP's, network config, saved wifi credentials, the whole active group policy, firewall rules, other devices on LAN
>Collected info is sent back with the CompatTelRunner planned task
defend this

thats it ? wow IDC about that stuff as long s I get a good OS

Don't bother. This faggot has been posting the same webm's/gifs for over a fucking year now showing a very specific setup. I think Windows 10 is a piece of shit but this is the worst example to pick, someone who keeps spamming "buh muh DX9 4GB VRAM bug" "muh search bug" "why can't I uninstall the store" it's fucking pathetic.

no one cares about those here. if you have to use them then use them and stop shitposting on Jow Forums, we dont need you here

Here are my grievances with Windows 10:

-It's too heavy on data gathering. People don't complain about it being a botnet for nothing. It really keeps fucking bothering you with this. It always has to be toned down.

-Cannot choose which updates are being applied and they make sure to make the system dependable of them.

-By default it decides without your consent to go ahead and download drivers through Windows Update which might not be the better ones, which sometimes you even have to deal with cleaning properly because they are buggy as shit.

-Enables fullscreen optimizations by default which in many cases with older titles it fucks everything up.

-If you apply custom themes, beware of how Microsoft decides to change the system frequently so that you have to keep patching the same fucking system files and use different visual styles (as older ones are rendered useless).

-They decide to have a big feature update 2 times a year around the same time, without taking in account that they might not meet deadlines and that they keep churning out shit that should be polished before deciding to put out a half ass dark theme or another tool for Windows that can be easily replaced with third party software that has existed for many years.

-They fail to provide a good version that is stable. LTSB is a mess and it keeps being recommended around here. It's an unfinished, unpolished product.

-It replaces components of older Windows versions that need no replacement. They increasingly try to replace settings that they end up simplifying and they lock down the user from doing more than that quickly.

-Some of its best features that Windows 7 doesn't have, 8.1 already does.

-Did I tell you how horrible the fucking default theme is? Seriously, nobody put effort on it. It's not about flat, it's just plain shit. It is distracting in the way that it's awful to look at.

I could go on but really those are my biggest problems.

>-Some of its best features that Windows 7 doesn't have, 8.1 already does.
what are those features?

Hybrid boot, USB 3.0 native support, better support for SSDs, doesn't automatically make a gigantic pagefile if you have a good amount of RAM, better scaling, a better task manager. Those are on top of my head right now.

and thats it? lmao

Attached: 1505513494849.gif (301x200, 1.75M)

What OS are you using?

Right now I'm switching between 8.1 and 10. Have been for a good while.

>-They fail to provide a good version that is stable. LTSB is a mess and it keeps being recommended around here. It's an unfinished, unpolished product.

there is literally not a more stable OS than Windows other OS have way more problems

>-Did I tell you how horrible the fucking default theme is? Seriously, nobody put effort on it. It's not about flat, it's just plain shit. It is distracting in the way that it's awful to look at.

I actually like it but ok

Because normal people don't give a fuck about MAC addresses, your (non-routable therefore useless) IPs, creds to Wi-Fi networks that they have to be within 20 metres of to use (and there are a LOT of 400m^2 blocks of Earth), your firewall rules (though they could learn something). Just because this info is useful to you, doesn't mean it's even slightly useful to anyone else.

Seriously, lots of paranoid Jow Forumsaylords remind me of homeless guys who think you're trying to steal their knapsack of broken, smelly, worthless shit.

my problem so far with Windows 10 is Cortana still doesnt have the ability to close an application

where do I get LTSC? can I ota update to it with LTSB?

>ota update

>ota update
based normie

Is it even worth using LTSC over LTSB?

I mean sure it has a black theme (that I wouldn't personally even use, given how fugly it is) but it seems like it's giving people some headaches. I want to switch to a version of Windows that isn't garbage or 7.

A TWO FUCKING YEARS OF UPDATES
YOU
FUCKING
IMBECILE

Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro

>a version of Windows that isn't garbage
No such thing.

Ok...? That means shit. The end of mainstream update support is by 2021. If you mean 2 years worth of features... well shit, 1809 is not being touted these days for being anything other than a buggy pile of shit, if that's what LTSC is based on.

It's neat being able to schedule reminders on your PC and have them appear on your Xbox and vice versa