C ide on linux that just werks?

>c ide on linux that just werks?

codeblocks - doesn't run even after trying to fix it
>eclipse - gotta be a PHD physicist to understand how to use it. too many windows and options.

I just need something to write code in, get good error info, debug.

Attached: 1526848235181.png (661x688, 776K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sanctum.geek.nz/arabesque/series/unix-as-ide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>write code in, get good error info, debug
vim with syntactic
gdb in another terminal, tmux split, or that :terminal split thing

Attached: 1457289822437-2_001.jpg (400x400, 97K)

if you need an ide to write C I have bad news for you.

this.
now gtfo

Emacs

Is that a pilllow with legs?

vs code if you set it up right, but you shouldn’t need any of that

basic text editor, make and gdb is all you need for C

>vs code
that shit loads in ten minutes. how can you dumbs stand that

Attached: nobrain1.png (171x229, 25K)

Took 2 seconds to load on my machine. Also, you only need to load it once when you go to work in the morning or rather once when you reboot your computer.

Lol do you have an AMD Chip or something?

Who are you quoting?

CLion is pretty good. It's costs $$$ but it's free for students and open source projects.

My nigger

you either have a toaster for a pc or don’t realize vs code != visual studio. vs code takes like 3 seconds to start up, considering it’s electronshit that’s pretty bearable.

I like VS Code with gcc.

Wow you must be a paragon of brainletism

Do you want to say he can write int a = ****b+++c&&&&****d without ide? Sounds good

codeblocks sometimes shits itself when gdb enters a for each loop. I'll have to look into that eventually

echo -e "#include \n int main() { printf(/"oh fug/"); }" > opisafag
gcc opisafag -o memes
./memes

To be a real loonix hackor when you need to edit this memes app then press left left left left left left left left left left, edit code, fucking normies with mouse can not be so great hackers!

kate, or the other IDE in KDE, (Kdevelop?)

also, needing an IDE to write C? wtf?

The C standard is fairly concise, such that it's not a huge challenge to fully know and understand the language. If you're writing code properly, you'll never abuse things like a[i] referring to the same place in memory as i[a]. C has its quirks, but no one in their right mind who isn't code golfing / obfuscating will ever use them.

this is pretty comfy

sanctum.geek.nz/arabesque/series/unix-as-ide/

Just use a text editor and cmake. gdb for debugging.

I'm currently using emacs w/company-irony and flycheck. Highlights syntax errors, intelligent code completion, etc..

IDE's are overrated.

how come no one mentioned qtcreator, fucking god
it's a shame it doesn't really support (well) anything other than qmake, but it's actually not a bad build system and you can always just write a makefile or a cmakelists yourself
also it's been pretty bitchy on lints lately, like for casts and empty header files. you can tweak that though

truth

pay up for a clion license, it's literally the only good one

takes 2 seconds to load on my shitty laptop what the actual fuck is your setup user

Yo how the fuck do I make emacs use tabs properly.

Yes, exactly.

codelite

>also, needing an IDE to write C? wtf?
Fuck people whose programs are bigger than 5KLOC.
Fuck people who want 21st century tooling. Look ma Imma haker now using my riced vim and tmux. Also use arch btw.

KYS, your generation needs to finally die.

Brainlet babby that wants to be handheld constantly and wants the startup time for every program to be 5 minutes

emacs and gcc

vim + cmake you fucking retard.

Attached: Sayaka stretch.jpg (800x1200, 146K)

I tried Qt Creator this week. It has no editor tabs
Dropped immediately

>Qt Creator
>Gimped with LGPL so have to release your code for free or else buy a license.

Attached: iphone intruder.jpg (746x590, 71K)

Attached: thatsamanbaby.jpg (717x623, 82K)

where's her pusy

Is it worth it to learn CMake, or can I stick with Make?

Attached: 1539960187122.jpg (1040x960, 129K)

>anime girl
Opinion discarded

>c ide on linux
>c
>ide
>on linux

Brainlet babby who thinks he's smart for wasting time trying to be a leet haxxor and is too poor to afford a PC made in the last decade.

meme meme on meme
meme
meme
on meme

>3dpd anime girl
opinion discarded

Cmake has pretty shit documentation so you're on your own when trying to figure out how to link libraries.

Atom text + terminal on always on top.
I write embedded applications and that’s basically my setup except I use specialized tool chains for it, still use gdb and other tools when necessary.
GNU toolchain >>>>>>>> I D E

You mean penis.

Qt Creator.
Seriously; just werks.

linux already IS a c ide you dolt

I use Codeblocks all the time. Works great for C. Learn to install it.

You can try QT Creator but that's C++.

what is vim

vim *.c
vim *.h
make

rinse and repeat

Geany!!!!

Geany, Visual Studio Code

Le who are leaving quoting xddddddddddd
I hope you burn in hell you insufferable tranny

I just use atom and compile my code in the terminal. Probably should use some terminal text editor but I'm too fucking lazy to learn vim or emacs.

vs code and gcc to compile manually
it just works

learn how to use valgrind

O_O

Try a Linux distro or a BSD

vim or vscode with vim bindings if you're a gui fag

That boy is so fucking cute
I want to own him, take him out to eat a burger then take him back home and listen to him throw it up in the bathroom before we play video games while watching spongebob in the background and banter about the characters in the game while I randomly grope him whenever I want.

Do I reverse image search her (male) on google or iqdb?

just use cat in bash lmao

Alexandra Gaier is her name and there is nothing to suggest that she is actually a dude. Now cease, traptards.

Source on girl please? She looks cute

Qt creator. Looks nice, low memory usage, and it just werks.

>there is nothing to suggest that she is actually a dude
Yeah, right. Except "she" has a dick.

Can you breakpoints with it?

>what is vim
garbage that can be only useful for fast small edits, only autists or boomers use it for regular coding

Clion

just use a text editor, compile with -wall and debug with gdb.
only use ides when it's the *official* way to do so with your specific application, for example if you're working with qt use qtcreator, if you're working with some microsoft meme framework use visual studio, etc.

look up tutorials on "modern CMake" because most people do it wrong
make sure you export your targets if you're writing libraries

You could
1. Write something and then use gcc.
2. Use geany

emacs with flycheck and cquery

not even memeing

yes
> b function name
or
> b file:line

This.

ed(1) is the standard UNIX text editor.

Attached: 51nUf6357WL._SY346_.jpg (230x346, 21K)

> He's not using Hop3x

You're right we're forced to code on this shitty program wrote by two teachers... It's a botnet :( FeelsBadMan

Attached: CEETudiant.png (2080x2018, 408K)

I like how he specifically asked for an IDE and 90% of you spergs are telling him to use vim and emacs. Geany should be what you're looking for, OP.

I just use nano to edit config files, stopped giving a fuck of coding make cash from commerce.

I have a cat, what is bash? What does my cat have to do with my C code?

> she doesn't kode with her kot

Get faster storage.

Today's tooling around vim (or emacs, if you're a gigantic faggot) is light years ahead of what it was ten years ago. TAGS generating software is more featureful and supports all C++ bells and whistles for static code indexing. You have YouCompleteMe for on-the-fly completion. And you have rdm/rtags or cquery language server for intelligent code navigation. Plus vim is the only editor I've seen not crap its pants on a 600kloc autogenerated .cpp file.

The fact that it's not super well integrated with GDB is a bit of a bummer, but I haven't seen an IDE offer the same level of scriptability as console GDB, so I'm not too disturbed. GDB's TUI is not-awful, but it's definitely a pain point. I really would like a modern reincarnation of DDD. Also something like edit-and-continue would be amazing, but it's hard to make it work even on Windows with VS in many cases.

A nice GUI with better discoverability would be nice for newcomers and people who sometimes forget all the shortcuts and commands.

For a VisualStudio-like experience you can't beat KDevelop. Several of my colleagues use it and they're quite happy with it. QtCreator is another good choice, but it does cost a sizeable amount of money, more than a VS license.

just use CLion it's epic
It comes with a bultin shell emulator so that you can run any of the commands you'd normally run at the commandline without having to tab in and out it's really nice

CLion also costs a lot of money.

if you really think someone should buy a ssd just to use a code editor, you should consider ending it

nice meme

use vim if you are serious about programming, there are plenty of books and if you combine it with tmux it is very efficient to use. the alternative would be to use gedit or geany and use gcc from the terminal to compile

it's free if you're a student, a startup, or an open source organization

Interesting. I tried it when it was in beta and it died trying to index our codebase, so I just disregarded it. Back then I think it didn't have the startup clause. Thanks, I'll try it again.

cmake is very simple once you get the hang of it, just use the newer versions and it's easy peasy and super comfy.

>ssd
Where did I say that ?
My old hdd opens it in between 1-4s.

Attached: slow.png (1252x551, 80K)

vim or emacs are really the only editors worth using, just learn one already

>waiting 4 seconds to open a text file

Attached: 1485604408299.jpg (798x770, 195K)

>use vim if you are serious about programming, there are plenty of books and if you combine it with tmux it is very efficient to use
vim and tmux are great, but I hope you're not running a bunch of instances of vim in different tmux panes. you can split vim itself, and this also lets you copy between the two things. There are buffers, splits, and tabs. You can have your one window and just change the buffer, or you can split your window and display multiple buffers, and you can have tabs that have their own splits and buffers.

visual studio
lol
stop using loonix u fag lol

anime website