Is seasonic really the best?

is seasonic really the best?

Attached: 17-151-188-Z01.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1354.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2293.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page530.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/FSP.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1906.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/InWin.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2873.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1846.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page678.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page998.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page330.htm
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page625
realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1530.htm
linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The PC I'm writing this from has a Corsair TX650 in it that has Seasonic internals. The PC runs 24/7. I had to replace the fans two times, the bearings crapped out. I bought it in 2008.

Does that answer your question?

not really
corsair makes their psu and rebrand it as seasonic

I have a 700W Super Flower and it never failed me

>is seasonic really the best?
As of today, yes.
But speaking of a best psu maker, what even happened to these guys? AFAIK they went quiet after the late 2000's.

Attached: pc power & cooling.jpg (1920x1454, 370K)

EVGA is

not buying a SFX-L psu in 2018 is kinda retarded.

LOL

Rosewill PSU is best PSU.

>those tuchel connectors
hhnnnngg

HNGGG

Attached: file.png (1300x724, 1.04M)

They were bought by OCZ and then OCZ went bankrupt. FirePower bought the remnants of the PSU business, pumped out a few mediocre gaymer-branded offerings and then apparently gave up.

Attached: DSC_5134.jpg (1920x1244, 333K)

Shame really. I remember PCP&C being the shit back then.

Most of EVGA's power supplies are made by Super Flower

Yeah Seasonic is still the top tier

as opposed to what? ATX?

I have a LEPA brand whatever psu that runs a open air server.
I bang the dust out of it once in a while, but it's been going strong for 3 years.

yes they are part of the holy trinity

Attached: 1536307402686.png (2218x409, 134K)

I'm sure this will trigger people, especially Fractal haters, but I kinda agree with this pic.
Noctua is still the best, but I'd choose BeQuiet over Noctua any day

Attached: be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-2.jpg (1000x768, 127K)

EVGA doesn't make a thing in their PSUs.

>tfw own all 3 of those brands in my build
top comfy

BeQuiet is basically the same or slightly lower performance/noise for decently cheaper prices. They're pretty good too, and they'd be my choice if I didn't go Noctua, but when it comes to air cooling, Noctua is simply best if you wanna go all out. BeQuiet is a close 2nd, though, no doubt.

never post again retard

how is be quiet cheaper? They're actually more expensive.

im using a 500W one to power my GTX 1080 + R5 1600. its still working fine 4-5 years later

In Australia the NHD15 is $125, the Dark Rock Pro 4 is $119
The new Noctua cooler the US12DS is $159

The Noctua fans are $39 and BeQuiet is $29

Not him, but a quick Amazon comparison shows they both hover around the same price point, unless you buy a black Noctua fan, then you are paying substantially more.

>In Australia
There's your problem.

nh d15s is 80 on newegg and dark rock pro 4 is 90

d15 is 85

I just looked, and the the NHD15 (2 fans, Intel - same as DRP4) is $157 with GST (it gives 2 prices), the DRP4 is $139 with GST

I never use Newegg Australia

thermalright true spirit 140 power, how much is it? Some say it's very close to NH-D15

I can't see Thermalright products on the three retailers i just looked at, might not have an Aussie presence

Did you replace the original fan with the same model? And weren't you afraid that the fucking thing could kill you?

Just use whatever.

Attached: 1516536198005.jpg (269x353, 21K)

>Warranty Void if Removed
they really need to fine a company every time they put one of those stickers on a product.

had the same one, unfortunately they changed OEM from Seasonic to some Chinese stuff, forgot the name
the thing blew up, didn't take any components, just stopped working after a small *poof* sound

EVGA power supplies are the best, better OEM

Literally this
Stop being an autismo fussy fgt and chad it up with whatever just werks.

bump

I have a Seasonic 750W Platinum from 2013, is it worth buying a new PSU for my next build, possible next year?

I kinda want the white Seasonic Snow Silent, but oddly, its warranty is less than the Prime series, 7 instead of 12. Not sure why.

Attached: seasonic snow silent.jpg (300x300, 34K)

PC P&C is not a manufacturer, never was. They are a rebrander like Corsair.

Actually I just checked online and the NEW Snow Silent also has 12 year warranty, in the same design as their Prime series

yes buysing ATX psu in 2018 is dumb.

buy a SFX-L they make a 800w one for like 150$ that's all you need.

yes

>get semi-fanless psu
>can now hear the amd wraith spire cooler

I guess I'll get an aftermarket cpu cooler with proper silent fans.

Attached: 1509227533163.png (501x482, 505K)

then your case fans seem too loud
quiet computing is a rabbit hole

Attached: 1539082694496.png (1070x601, 507K)

I agree with this image but I don't use noctua because fractal actually has pretty great fans.

this. I'm at the point where my 3.5" hdds are too loud. Waiting for good deals on SSDs, need to replace around 12TB of storage.

Just get quiet fans for the cooler and case. It's not like you can't use all the same fans. That's what I do.

Just did.

Jeez that's gonna be super expensive. Here in Australia a 4TB 860EVO costs $1330

I do have 6 sata 6gb/s ports though, so i can use 6x2TB, which is cheaper than 3x4TB. Right now prices start around 130€/TB here in germany (for 2TB drives, 4TB is 150+).

mines literally exploded on me

Yes. Bought this bad boy recently for my pc to replace the old one, a m12ii evo, since it was loud as fuck under high load.
Gave my sister the old psu.

Attached: DSC_2385~01.jpg (3955x3096, 1.67M)

That's what I have in my PC but don't tell anyone

just do NAS in another room

>he bought a "modular" power supply
holy shit imagine being so virginal that you actually felt compelled to manually plug in cables that come pre-attached to every budget power supply.

>he bought a "non-modular" power supply
holy shit imagine being so poor and incompetent that you actually felt compelled to buy a cheap, ugly psu because you know nothing and can't plug in your own cables

No, different one each time, it has a Noctua NF-F12 inside right now. It doesn't kill you if you unplug it from the wall socket then turn the PC on to discharge the capacitors before unplugging it from the components and disassembling it.

The TX650 has 3 OEMs, you can tell by the serial number which one you have, I have the Seasonic.

Have two seasonic PSUs. One is from 5 years ago, the other one is a 700W Seasonic Prime which I've bought a month ago. Both work fine, no sounds, no broken fans. Never had reboots.

The Adda factory fan started sounding like a millstone exactly two days after the five year warranty expired, then I replaced it with some Arcic Cooling fan, which crapped out 3 years later, then I put a Noctua NF-F12 inside and so far it's been okay.

Seasonic hx 520w from 2007 here, hands down the best component i've ever bought.

>fractal 'fake metal' design
fake and gay.

warranty went from 7 to 10 and then to 12 in a few years. I wouldn't buy a new PSU yet, there's no reason this one won't last another 5 years.
sure, but stop posting misinformation dumbo.

Those fines are too small to make a dent in the revenue.
Yeah those stickers are actually not legal.

Super Flower is the top PSU manufacturer, followed by Seasonic. From what I remember, EVGAs G2 units are Seasonics and the G3 units are Super Flower. Different designs to shrink them down slightly and better components for better efficiency and "clean" regulation. Corsair uses a mix of Seasonic and someone else I can't remember off the top of my head.

>Fractal Design Arc Mini R2
>Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 650
2/3

What's your score, Jow Forums

Well, I got a Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 750W for 110€ a few weeks ago, which is basically the only 80 Plus Platinum rated PSU in that price range: most other modular PSU would have cost me almost the same, but would have been gold or bronze certified, so I guess it was a good deal.

Is there a third company besides Seasonic and Superflower to round out a top 3 PSU manufacturers list?

FSP.

Be Quiet is pretty good.

the discussion is usually about oem manufacturers, not resellers such as be quiet which has used custom seasonic, fortron etc.
both are SF

Imagine being so poor that you buy a non-fanless PSU.

>b-but muh $20, I can't afford that
This thing will literally last 10+ years, you stupid faggot.

Attached: 17-151-194-Z01.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Your sister or 'sister'. Women don't have PSUs user.

Be Quiet is not a reseller.

Yes they are. They do not manufacturer power supplies. They resell FSP, Seasonic, Super Flower, or whoever else manufacturers their unit runs for them. Just like Corsair, EVGA et al.

realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1354.htm

My Evga 850w died after like 2 years of 6 hours a day. My computer doesn't even draw that much. Currently using a cooler master 750w but the seasonic I had before the Evga is still working

I guess it's my fault for believing Linus Shilltips.

3/3. Comfy af brehs

Attached: YJaVow2bn7I.jpg (1200x948, 121K)

Corsair: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page447.htm

EVGA: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2293.htm

Fractal: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page530.htm

FSP (one of the best OEMs): realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/FSP.htm

Gigabyte: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1906.htm

InWin: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/InWin.htm

Lian Li: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page2873.htm

NZXT: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1846.htm

Seasonic (one of the best OEMs): realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page678.htm

Silverstone: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page998.htm

Super Flower (THEE best OEM): realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page330.htm

XFX: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page625

Zalman: realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page1530.htm

If you want a good PSU, you get something FSP, Seasonic or Super Flower. Others are perfectly acceptable. But FSP/SF/SS are considered the top tier. Bookmark the site above. It'll let you at least skim through a brand list so you can see who they're using. And if you're reading reviews for brand spanking new PSUs, a good reviewer should have the original equipment manufacturer name in the article.

I bought a 650w prime titanium unit for $150. Has a 12 year warranty. I've never had a manufacturer willing to cover a product for that long. Ever. Mine is also they're hybrid unit where the fan isn't always on. I've never had a single issue in my few years is owning it and I am fine if leaving my PC on for literally days/weeks with the CPU at full load drawing full power for that time due to rendering or encoding.

Awesome thanks for the info!

>fractal design
>not lian-li
haha get a load of this faggot

CWT is actually pretty good now too. JonyGURU always rates them highly.
They always had good designs but used to have poor soldering which was why they waren't considered at good, but that's improved markedly over the last 10 years.

Nope, got coil whine on my fanless Seasonic after just one year. I'm actually considering selling it.

linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

>fractal
babbys first PC case
come back when you grow up

/thread

dumb frogposter

Attached: 1540292295673.gif (487x560, 898K)

I wonder what goes through your mind to make a post like that

>buy fanless psu
>coil whine

Platinum PSUs should last decades of casual usage because they suffer less from heat stress, no point replacing it.

Only the high-end ones.

Then its gonna last 12 years

so if all the good power supplies are just rebranded seasonics, why not just get a seasonic? Do you really need some other company's shitty logo on top of it? It's not like they're any cheaper.

why servers (synology rackstation, HP etc...) mostly use Delta Electronics power supply’s ?
it must be good

Attached: 8BFAFFB9-C79D-4791-87FE-22A442731CBA.jpg (640x480, 58K)

sun microsystems
delta electronics psu

Attached: 75ED7D0C-CC11-4A05-B9A4-855B02570A77.jpg (619x640, 49K)

They're cheap and bracketed.

That's it. That's the reason.

Silverstone fixed it.

Attached: SilverStone NightJar NJ450-SXL Fanless PSU.jpg (560x560, 79K)

Corsair is made by Flextronic

Attached: 36C7DA40-ACF9-42B8-9BEA-8D6CD85E74D5.jpg (602x463, 161K)

Server grade professional psu:
Delta Electronic
Flextronic
3Y
Zippy
Etasis
Lite-On

Seasonic is consumer grade!