Is external monitor + laptop the ultimate redpilled way to work?

Is external monitor + laptop the ultimate redpilled way to work?

Attached: macbook-external-monitor-with-lid-closed.jpg (610x310, 49K)

>not using a docking station
Cucked & Bluepilled.

>closing the laptop
>not using the monitor as a second screen

why do people do this?

>needing a second screen to do mr noseberg's csv's
why do wagecucks do this?

I was considering this but with the amount of time I leave my shit on I'm not sure a laptop can stand it.

Why wouldn't it?

to do it twice as fast

No. Pic related is.

Attached: U4919dw-dell-49-monitor.jpg (1600x981, 160K)

Dunno. I'm talking about many hours of use a day for years, maybe there wouldn't be a problem there as long as it was a decent laptop.

I use a 34" 4K monitor via USB-C as a second screen from my Dell XPS-13 running linux. Absoutely great. (full time linux dev...)

cute nose

Chin and posture as well, i would argue.

Laptop with docking station and 2 external monitors as well as external keyboard and mouse.

>Jow Forums
>work
implying anyone in Jow Forums isnt a useless dweeb who actually does anything productive in life

>not eye level

> redpilled
> working
Pick one

Attached: 20181026_141425.jpg (4032x3024, 2.84M)

get fucked cellphone

Attached: fuckingfuck.jpg (3024x4032, 2.85M)

How does this work?
I see you have one keyboard and one mouse for your desktop, what about laptop?

Just got a second monitor for my laptop a couple of weeks ago it is pretty awesome. I use it as a dual monitor setup whenever I'm at my desk. I don't close the laptop.

>he doesn't know about synergy

There is no desktop it's a monitor being used as a second display

Attached: file.png (807x546, 51K)

What do you have your dock mounted on?

Air

I see.
..btw cozy place you got there.

Is that a new Apple product?

the usb dock is mounted on the underside of the tray for the laptop using velcro tape.

No, it's approximately 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen, 1% shit. An Apple product would be about 99% shit.

Thanks user. I had no idea there was a vesa mount for a laptop dock.

No, it's a contrived and retarded way to do things. Also only mouthbreathers even say "redpilled".

Sysadmin here, my work computer is a laptop, and I have a USB-C dock with 2 screens attached on my desk. This is as /comfy/ as it gets really, I can take my work computer with me if required (say im working from home for reasons), or into a meeting, and yet still enjoy the possibility of sitting at a proper desk with a good keyboard and mouse.

I have a similar setup, but to increase space efficiency I hide the laptop under the desk, so I have space to put and use my second laptop. I'm a Linux/Windows user.

no, it's fucking stupid

even more so with housefire macbook

>he doesn't shitpost for fun during breaks

Desktop PC + “workstation” laptop + ultrabook

Use whatever is best suited for the situation. Why settle for one device?

the laptop screens are generally not as good, also some laptops have a limit on # of screens enabled at once, so disabling the laptop screen can let you use two monitors instead of one

Work, yeah.
Except that nobody works and came from /v/.

This is a comfy setup. I hope you use it to be productive and not just shitpost on Jow Forums.

calling argon shit

get fucked

The only thing i know that get stressed alot is the battery but if you have a decent laptop you can just buy a new one.

yes. company gave me a fujitsu+dock+32" screen at the office, at home i'm using a X220+dock+22". comfy as fuck.

I run GPU-intensive simulations often, so a mere laptop connected to an external monitor isn't gonna cut it. I need a proper desktop.

Yes, but closing the laptop is dumb.

Attached: based.webm (1440x508, 1.75M)

Yes if you're literally only using the laptop and an external monitor, and nothing else.
If you close your laptop and put it off to the side while using an external keyboard and mouse with the external monitor, you're automatically a faggot. Wasting a perfectly good keyboard, mouse and extra screen real estate all while taking up extra desk space, and for what?

Attached: a1832520204_10.jpg (1200x1200, 320K)

It's not a bad choice for those who are mobile often. It's much nicer to have one computer that you take with you, instead of a desktop + a laptop + a work computer.

I think you're misunderstanding what I meant by that post. I think using a secondary display and just using your laptop for everything is great, so long as it's a relatively powerful laptop.
What's not so great is when you close the laptop while using the display + a keyboard + a mouse. Because then you're just introducing clutter and redundancy while neglecting resources.

Oh yeah we do that at work and it fucking pisses me off.
They blew money on mediocre laptops, when instead they could have gotten decent desktops. Best part is that since we're a military agency in a classified work space, we can't have WiFi or even take them out of the building.

We just have them shoved behind the desks in the same spot the desktops they replaced, since the desks already have 2 monitors and shit on them.

Our director said it's because if there's an emergency in the building, we can "grab our laptops and keep capabilities". Fuck no, if there's a fire or some shit I'm leaving, not spending time unhooking a shitty laptop that's no different than any other HP.

Thanks, I'm learning python and machine learning.