>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1476836995958.jpg (1137x640, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/h4xZr6
youtube.com/watch?v=9CoAyjzJWfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is a good monitor for gaming?

So, the verdict is save up, wait till zen 2, then build a pc with the new amd cpu and gpu?

Attached: 1538107071707.jpg (861x1049, 333K)

Seconding this, should I wait or should I just get the Ryzen 2xxx series?

Attached: 1497856961254.jpg (1024x1024, 164K)

This current moment in time is the lowest the market will be for conputer components, for at least the next 7 years

waiting for them BLACKED Friday/cyber Monday deals my dudes

Interested in the Benq PD2700Q, wondering if the full sRGB is a meme or not. I do a lot of web design and photoshop stuff, I also occasionally play games and I don't know if the slow response time will be an issue.

Attached: PD2700Q.jpg (800x800, 105K)

With the exception of RAM and SSDs which will decrease

so what computer components should I buy right now

Sorry but can you explain that in plain english?

Attached: Fart.jpg (448x640, 52K)

just get a cheap 2600 as a place holder. Then resell and upgrade to a 3600x when Zen2 drops.

you think it will be the same mobo?

Zen2 is still gonna be behind intel so it doesn't matter really

New AMD graphics cards (other than that 590) aren't even on the horizon, we have no idea when they'll come out.

Navi is probably going to launch significantly later than Zen2.
But sure if you wait, you might have Zen2 CPU sales instead of paying launch prices.

Depends on what you have now.
If you just have FX or a 4c/4t Intel CPU or wrose, you may as well upgrade now.

Should get an HDR monitor at this point with at least 92% DCI-P3.

>If you just have FX or a 4c/4t Intel CPU or wrose, you may as well upgrade now.
Yes, that's what I was wondering. I have an 8yo pc and itching to upgrade it but after the last thread over anons fighting on Zen 2, I was conflicted. I don't mind if the Zen 2 was released 3 months after the new year but it is at the middle of the year or end of the year, I rather shoot myself in the foot.

Attached: marta gotera.jpg (622x796, 55K)

am4 confirmed to work for chips till 2020

Yes. It's already been confirmed.
Prove it

very good. can i run it with shitty ddr3 memory?

Is Navi the successor of Vega?

Attached: Doto.jpg (1280x720, 56K)

If it is, it won't be far behind, and it will cost a fraction of the price what with Intel shortages.

no. DDR3 motherboards haven't been a thing since 2015. What makes you think you could?

It's believed to be a Polaris successor, but at this point it's anyone's guess.

>am4 confirmed to work for chips till 2020
Can someone elaborate on this? Does that mean in 2020 am4 mobo would be produced?

It's really not that difficult to understand. It means the AM4 socket will still be the standard consumer AMD socket.

ESL here so everything non-native is hard to understand.

Technically b450/x470 will work with zen2 but they will make new mobos too. Obviously b450 will just bearly handle zen2 and you will also have to pay to update your bios.

REMINDER that 4.2GHZ on 2600 on a stock cooler IS A FUCKING MEME and no way close to reality.

Dejeet this

Attached: 1489184687026.jpg (568x612, 66K)

I still have no idea what the fuck esl means. Is it an acronym for mentally challenged? Everytime I google it I just get an esport company.

With an 8 year old PC, an upgrade to 2600/X is going to be a massive ass upgrade.
Sure Zen2 will be even better, but it's whatever. Just upgrade to Zen3 or Zen4 later if you feel like it.

Yes. It will likely have some minor new features, like how StoreMi is only freely included with the 400 series chipset. But they didn't hold back XFR2/PBO to the new chipsets, so...

No one said that. Your attempts at trolling are sad.

It's not even a joke, it's a fucking fact. It's fucking mind boggling that people even suggest that. They might as well be saying that you can OC the 9900k to 5.5GHz or some other stupid shit like that.

Whether or not it's your first language or not shouldn't matter. But to elaborate, the all consumer level AMD CPUs have been confirmed to function on the same AM4 socket that was introduce last year with the original Ryzen, in the same way (just for random examples) Intel's LGA2011 worked with Sandybridge-E and Ivybridge-E and LGA 1151 on both Z170 and Z270 chipsets worked with Skylake and Kabylake.
However, if I was looking to build a PC now with the idea to throw in a 3600x or 3700x down the road, I'd probably go for a B450 or X470 motherboard that has all the bios features I'd want, and a decent power delivery (VRM) system, and just put in a cheap 2600 now.

is it a problem when the gpu slot of a mobo isn't shielded or that's just manufacturers memeing? will it get interferences on my headset?

>ESL
English as a Second Language.
I don't think anyone ever claimed that it was possible on the Wraith Stealth?

>No one said that. Your attempts at trolling are sad.
Pic related. Literally after this shit getting exposed you say "n-nobody says that, common, stop trolling ha-ha"

Attached: nobody says that.jpg (1013x451, 56K)

>4=4.2
ah so this is your maths on incel.

look here>n-nobody ever made these false statements

my bad, considering this argument was over hardware unboxed 2600 OC to 4.2 and the fact that the liquid cooler was used...

Yes it says 4ghz right there. Not 4.2. Dumb fucking shill.
You're obviously false flagging, as you have been all day.

4.0 is possible on stock Wraith Stealth cooler. Maybe 4.1. 4.2 generally isn't.

>Yes it says 4ghz right there. Not 4.2. Dumb fucking shill.
yeah my bad, on that

>You're obviously false flagging
Nah, shills here make the 2600 out to be this amazing shit, but in reality the sucker runs fucking hot even with aftermarket cooler. I can't even imagine how fucking hot and loud it would be with a stock cooler.

>Maybe 4.1. 4.2 generally isn't.
>maybe
the fucking balls on you to suggest a "maybe" the the fuck out.

>4=4.2
I don't really care whether you shill for one side or the other. You're just plain retarded.

For a completely overkill gayyyyming rig
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/h4xZr6
or threadripper?

Go larp elsewhere

4ghz here on 1600 with stock cooler

forgot to mention its dusty and on cheap ab350 mobo

as a 1600 owner running at 3.8ghz I'm gonna call bullshit. What are your temps on full load?

>SLI

Attached: 1529803378517.jpg (764x713, 309K)

I have trouble beliving that.
What temps and noise levels are you hitting?

Whats a better cooler for a gpu, a blower or single fan exhausting air?

Well its nvlink isnt it now

85celsius prime95 small

90 after hour, i dont care cause i never render longer than 10minutes max and games dont use even 30% of cpu...

Is there really any point in buying a Vega 56/64 these days? I've heard of people undervolting it and pushing clocks to get 1080-like performance but what's the point if most titles are optimized for Nvidia cards anyway?

Thank you faggots for pushing me to build a PC.
It's working very well and I am grateful. I'll keep lurking here in the future to enjoy the shitpost and information.
Have fun fags.

You're either really lucky or good at bullshiting since I reach 80-85 on 3.8.

id buy an used one and test that, shorter lifespan and more power consum. but it would pay off

>sub 4ghz "oc" makes the ryzen go to almost 90 degrees
Yeah, Intel sure is the hot chip manufacturer

It's a common story with ryzen. You have these people claiming wonderful overclocks, at lower voltage, low temps, low noise.
And then there is the reality of many people not coming even close to that.

Attached: typical story.jpg (1297x401, 145K)

hey, i said i wouldnt let it on a torture test overnight, its on 1.35v or 1.38v i forgot

but for me its stable, i use adobe creative cloud/vegas/cinema and and game sometimes

people are too much worried about temps

There's three ways to look at it if considering high refresh 1440p;
A) You can go with a cheaper freesync 1440p monitor and get a Vega.
2) You could go with a more expensive G-sync 1440p and get a 1070ti/1080/2070
3) You could go the previously mentioned cheaper freesync monitor and buy a 1080ti/2080 GPU and run settings that allow you enough fps to keep any noticeable screen tearing at bay.
In my opinion the 2nd option is kinda redundant, even though the 1070ti and 1080 are seller cards at 60-75hz 1440p.

dude its 1600 on stock cooler on an almost cheapest mobo

trust me or not couldnt care less, maybe i can take i screenshot but i'm too lazy to run p95 for an hour for you

>this retard shilling shitsync after i btfo him last time
Here we go again, approaching average iq of 20.

elaborate

My 2080 Ti finally showed up and it’s not used for gayming

Attached: 3902B6B2-B4AB-4804-AFC7-2B57C2CCA656.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

no cooler and a mac kb?

First of all it's not needed at all, unless you're planning on buying shit ips panel. 2nd it adds input delay which is counter productive when you fucking buy high refresh monitor to reduce that delay in the first place.

planning on building a pc to replace my wacky office prebuilt, got a budget of 650$, what would you recommend?

Oh you're that delusional noob from the other thread. Top fucking kek mein nigger, here, have a (You).
Keep trying faggot no one's falling for your merchant's trick.

Attached: 1529944354236.png (800x720, 246K)

>anybody who dares speak out against amd shilling clearly is a merchant
Hmmm, a strange world you live in.

Please cover those cpu pins, this picture is giving me anxiety.

It's sub 4ghz. On a cooler people call good enough. And mobo doesn't mean much/anything for temps, it only controls how good of an oc you can keep stable

Does 2nd gen ryzen generally actually support win7 or does it vary from motherboard to motherboard/depend on the BIOS in each case? I'm tempted to throw a portable small form factor r3 together for some light browsing and gaming during the afterhours (the bandwidth would be limited anyways where i'd deploy it as my daily driver) with some spare cash but not being able to install win7 would be a dealbreaker pretty much

Attached: 1540241129358.gif (500x375, 618K)

First of all, user mentioned whether there was a point to buying a Vega, I mentioned a niche circumstance where it makes sense.
Secondly the input delay on either ™-sync option is trivial.
Just because someone mentions a scenario where a brand that opposes the brand you've pledged your allegiances to does not make the them a shill (t; 1080ti owner). Find the nearest box cutter, and empty your arteries.

yikes this is literally a text book projection.

>no cpu installed
More like it can't be use.

You know what's even more strange ? You, implying he was speaking out against amd. But You do know what you're talking about, r-right ?
Step aside nigger.

Attached: 1534617575610.jpg (768x576, 38K)

pls

Only 1 ssd, not buying 8 and make raid 0. you still poorfag

youtube.com/watch?v=9CoAyjzJWfw

>not buying optane to use in tiered storage
Poorfag.

Looks good, although you'll probably end up reverting away from that vertical mount GPU

>implying implications that were never implied
>attempting to instill FUD
pick two.

>5 or 6 months until Ryzen 3000
>9-12 months until Navi

Attached: 1528415245774.jpg (918x597, 78K)

I was able to get my 2600 running at 4ghz and 1.281v, it passed stress testing but the voltage seems too low. Is this normal or should I raise the voltage?

>anybody who dares speak out against amd shilling clearly is a merchant
>implying implications that were never implied
Well, well, what do we have here ? I look forward to see you damage control this, merchant.

Attached: 1534787437717.webm (312x450, 664K)

I should probably mention I'm using ryzen master to overclock.

Does Pro bloats moar than Home?

Sounds pretty normal to be honest. Depends on the silicone lottery but usually about 4ghz give or take 0.1 is where power requirements start increasing exponentially, much the same way as an 8700k at 4.9-5.1ghz. You'll probably find the increments required to push 4.1 or 4.2 start looking pretty hungry, although I'm sure there are chips out there running 4.2ghz under 1.4v.

I was going to "damage control this", but instead saved your webm for future shitposting. Thanks!

Hey guys I'm hoping I can get some help. I currently work for a private EMT company and work plenty of 24 hour shifts. My unit is typically a last resort so I'm at station for hours at a time sometimes, so I was wanting to transfer the stuff from my current tower over to my new one.

I got this idea from another EMT who has the setup I want to copy. I want to use a small tower that I can carry around with me easily so I'm not carrying my giant tower back and forth.

The picture is the parts that I have, everything except the graphics card, and the case I'm looking at transfering everything into is the "Fractal Design Define Nano S Black Window Silent Mini ITX Mini Tower Computer Case"

My question is, can everything I have now transfer over? I plan on getting a new GPU, probably an intel. I currently have an R6850 graphics card.

Attached: 44948269_348242465744557_8464034459010727936_n.jpg (761x685, 38K)

Don't thank me, thank ngoydia.

Attached: 1539569331395.jpg (567x538, 35K)

Took some advice from previous thread and kinda changed this up a bit, but only so much you can do in CAD. How'd I do?

Attached: rebuilde.jpg (1142x537, 87K)

>single fan RX580
>320$
Please no.

I'm trying to build a powerful yet capable gaming/recording/workstation machine. I can't decide on the case though, would I be losing much in terms of noise reduction if I went with a NZXT h500i instead of a Fractal R6? I plan to gut it and place in noctua fans anyway..

That's a really shitty model of RX 580 that's going to be hot and loud.
Should try and get an XFX or Sapphire one if you can.
The case and board is just... why? You're paying so much extra for that when the case is only like 2" shorter than the mATX version of it and there's plenty of mATX cases around the same size or smaller. Hell even the Thermaltake G3 is lower volume, when it supports ATX boards.

>3000 mhz RAM
>$150

3200 mhz CL16 RAM can be easily found for $125 these days

>3200 mhz CL16 RAM can be easily found for $125 these days
In Canadian dollars?
>The case and board is just... why? You're paying so much extra for that when the case is only like 2" shorter than the mATX version of it and there's plenty of mATX cases around the same size or smaller
This. The only point I see to these ITX towers is maybe decent custom watercooling support in the smallest enclosure possible, which isn't common.

>I plan on getting a new GPU, probably an intel
Are you from the future?

Can anyone confirm that:

2700X
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi
DDR4 2400 with OC to 3200

Is a great combo?

*MSI
Idk why the fuck I said intel, my bad

I'm thinking of getting an i7-8700 mostly for emulation. Would that be good enough to handle most emulators or would I be better off getting an 8700k?