amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-DacMagic-Digital-Analogue/dp/B006GJU33I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

last thread

sealed or ported subwoofer
for home theater

depends

sealed

on what

For bass output for the money, ported. As for size, neither has a particular advantage.

if you need the spl because your room is huge

what usb soundcard is recommended around here? my onboard card is picking on interferences and i hear them while playing games

rme babyface pro

kek
anything decent under $40?

no

Behringer UCA 202. The newest model UCA 222 has a few upgrades as well,but some say the sound quality is SLIGHTLY sharper, not as neutral.

I enjoy these old speakers. Sentimental attachment to them.

Attached: 20181026_210058.jpg (3264x2448, 2.3M)

so im looking at portable speakers with bluetooth and wondering if i use my cheap 100$ phone to stream to a bluetooth device, will it sound as good as audio from a good lossless mp3 player? is it only the speakers that make phones sound bad or the internal hardware too?

Bluetooth compresses the file. So you automatically lose audio quality.

well the one im looking also can use wi-fi
question is will a cheap phone sound good or do i need one with an aux out to use my lossless mp3 player

Ported 100%

Full Marty

Whoever the poster with the Bag End subwoofers and M&K S-150 is, I hate you.

uca222 is absolute garbage and it perfectly transmits all interference from motherboard

>Bought an SDAC to pair with my THX amp and run to my 2.1 setup
>Noticing that my speaker setup is also sounding better
It has to be placebo. I upgraded from a Fiio E10k and that should be pretty transparent as is.

>transparent
gonna need multiple citations on that one

a couch took my +13dB 30hz room mode peak to +6dB, thought i was gonna need to go full retard with some hemholtz or e-bass traps. the measuring/listening distance isn't the same (2m before vs 2.5m after), still, pretty drastic difference.

Attached: b4after.jpg (1940x3003, 3.26M)

Is it 8260a?

yep

>a couch took my +13dB 30hz room mode peak to +6dB, thought i was gonna need to go full retard with some hemholtz or e-bass traps. the measuring/listening distance isn't the same (2m before vs 2.5m after),
I can promise you that those 50cm made a bigger impact than the couch. Bass-response varies A LOT in the room.

i have a 25 db peak on 40 hz

That's not so bad, it's only 300 times stronger
Best thing you can do is to move around your speakers and listening position, and/or invest in a dsp

Do they sound bright after that correction? This tilt must affect direct sound quite a bit.

you're right, it is the positioning. i remeasured at approximately 2m and not much changed.

Attached: nm.jpg (1892x1462, 1.72M)

I corrected it already. I made a flat response at first and then equalized it to half of M2 in room bass response from this graph and set HF trim on monitors to -2. I like it, I use 305+310 in near field. I think the reasoning of my preference of such eq settings is because I don't listen loud so equal loudness curves and less perceived bass, and 305 are a bit bright themselves.

Attached: MeasuringHeadAcoustics_TenbrooksSummary_Photo_Fig1.jpg (600x229, 38K)

i use the treble tilt on my other genelecs (8250,8030) but not on the 8260a. the 2 way genelecs aren't screeching bright or anything without the treble tilt, but if you're using them 6+ hours a day you will have fatigue setting in after a days/weeks. i noticed after a ~2 weeks with the 8250a and treble tilting -2db from 5khz did away with that.

i wouldn't say treble tilt affects the sound drastically, it just takes the edge off the shimmer.

Can you play something like slayer - raining blood and share you thoughts?

Are there any small 2.0 speakers that doesn't sound like absolute shit? I mostly use headphones for quality audio, but I'd like to have a somewhat decent speaker option.

Attached: 41YPQQKYT9L.jpg (500x404, 27K)

Vielleicht die Creative t40? Also zumindest, wenn's billig sein soll.

Attached: 1540007969153.png (3388x3638, 326K)

get that commie speak outta here russian bot

Was?

ported if you are on a budget, sealed if you're not

Try the Kanto YU2 or the Kanto series has tiny speakers that don't suck and don't break the bank.

all bass traps is doing is widen the physical resonances of your room so your roommodes flatten out over artifically enhanced travel distance until reflection for specfic frequencies

Loudness contour affects the perceived loudness, but adding in bass beyond naturalness still mucks the timbre even at lower levels.

What? No.

iloud micro monitor if loudness isn't your biggest criterium

any love for hpm-100?

Attached: PioneerHPM100.jpg (1024x683, 69K)

How much sound foam should i be using in my room? Its fairly small (4.5x4.5m) with hs8. Do i only need to put it in the orders or all edges? Because its pretty costly to do all edges

About 200 pounds worth or 90 kg.

I would only use as much as is needed, to cancel the first reflections points in your room. In a small, square'ish room like that, you don't need much square inch of acousticfoam in order to do this.

If you want to further soundproof your room and make bass dryer, make sure to own solid heavy wooden furniture instead of cardboard ikea furniture.

Attached: 20180808_125614.jpg (1512x2016, 829K)

>House consists of nothing but grandma tier furniture made of woods like mahogany
>Walls are covered in paintings
So this is why my sound is so good in such a dog shit setup.

Yea. It's because heavy furniture picks up deep resonances and vibrations, which would else be reflected towards you again, because it's bouncing from the wall instead of being absorbed and cancels the new waves emitted from the speaker out since sound needs a long time to travel through the air and finally echoes out.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-08-24 at 14.41.29.jpg (900x1600, 206K)

The only furniture in my room is a solid wood desk a chair a mirror and chair so i think im good in that regard. For placement where is the "first reflection" the corners behind me?

>Definitive Technology speakers

Attached: dsfjlk.png (250x250, 144K)

I guess you have to count your blessings. My speakers are off angle and not spaced evenly, my subwoofer is a mammoth about three feet away from me, my desk isn't even a proper desk, it's some old vanity thing.

Your logic works.

Disable all sound sources in your room and close the doors.

Go to each of your speaker and snip in front of their driving while looking at the wall they're pointing to, in order to figure out, if there is a specific surface area that rebounces more loudly then the rest of your room, supposedly the blank wall with nothing being covered with like a big plant or lamp most likely.

Any other than that it's typically the spot your tweeter is facing to.

Here is a short clip of how my somewhat treated livingroom sounds vs an untreated smaller bedroom with a bed, a wardrobe and a mirror in it.

clyp.it/rgksnwrv

When will you build a room to fit your shit?

Attached: 20180812_102733.jpg (2016x1512, 946K)

Are there any 5.1 (or 7.1) Recievers that do not have amplifier part, but just have XLR balanced outputs?

>When will you build a room to fit your shit
Maybe someday.

I love questions like this. Because it shows you have no fucking clue what you are doing.

I'm confused by his question. He wants an amp that isn't an amp?

He wants a DAC with Amplified outputs.

Well basically I want a multichannel DAC that you can feed a signal from a PC or/and some player that is capable of decoding those formats into 5.1, then doing necessary things like time-align of channels, bass management and such. Usually AV recievers do that, but have speakers terminals instead of line outs that I want it to have. I know of Trinnov, but Trinnov is way too pricey. Usually you can pick a budget reciever for around 1k USD or so, so my question is about if there are such devices, lets call it " multichannel audio processor", not "reciever".

Not sure what confused you, my wording or that I called this device a reciever.

Oh I'm not confused. And your shitty accusation that I am confused makes me less inclined to help you. Because you're a cunt who doesn't even know what he's looking for.

Just to be an even bigger ass hole, here you go.

Attached: _20181027_120344.jpg (164x83, 7K)

I’ll bite. Higher end video processors have this. Look into anthem.

it sounds a bit dull and congested like the few other 80s thrash metal albums i've heard (megadeth). i think thats just the way the thrash 'sound' was mixed then - not very dynamic. sorry for the late reply, all my non 8260a references shit the bed magically yesterday and i finally got around to listening it on something else to be sure.

So how is suggesting some product with these capabilities makes you "even bigger asshole"?

user... he’s taunting you by showing you the outputs that you’re looking for but not telling you what the model is. And you’re looking at least a few thousand dollars for a avr with 7.1 balanced analog outputs.

>they actually bought the jbl memes

Attached: Screenshot_2017-05-12-16-32-02_crop_561x404.jpg (561x404, 121K)

Ye, I would've understood that "tauting" if not for one little detail:

Best guess for this image: marantz av7005 11.2 channel av network processor

That's worst "taunting" I ever seen for a decade or something like that.

>waaa I can’t have nice things so I’ll shit on others stuff waaaaa

What is wrong with you if you know what you’re looking for why are you pretending not to know and asking us?

I would never stoop low enough to buy speakers made for poor people

I knew what I was looking for (I actually stated that in my first post, maybe wording got you confused). "A reciever without amplifiers but with XLR outputs". My mistake was maybe some incorrect/confusing wording (as I really did not knew how these things are usually called" and not setting a price range. Most of budget stuff I scrolled through seems to have speaker terminals or unbalanced outputs and I was struggling to find any with XLR. Does this make sense now?

>A reciever without amplifiers but with XLR outputs

You won’t find one. Then it wouldn’t be a receiver. Maybe some pro audio rack mount gear has what you need but I doubt it will be xheap.

Those are called pre-amps. Or pre/pro amps. I have a Marantz 7704 myself works brilliantly

why the hell receiver
buy preamplifier with balanced output
and if you need FM/AM tuner buy separate component

Attached: 13C819F9-59DA-4CD0-9205-45B1DDE77C9A.jpg (700x530, 259K)

Pro gear looks quite attractive. The only problem would be playing SACDs, bass management and a proper subwoofer integration in such a system.

Is this funny to you?

> thrift store get
Keep or resell?

Attached: 20181027_113543.jpg (2560x1440, 1.57M)

wat

Why would it be harder to add those?

How are you going to stream SACD to your PC or this interface? I don't know any professional interface that supports HDMI, and if I remember correctly you can only stream 5 channels over HDMI unless you can find those old PS3 and rip them. Maybe nowdays more players can rip SACD, other than sony.

Bass management probably would not be hard.

Whats wrong with the Marantz I mentioned above? It has everything you want

Attached: marantz_av7704_u_b_re.jpg (1280x1024, 475K)

No, its not.

Have had exactly those.

>thrift store near me just has a hundred alarm clocks and those shitty ipod 30pin docks from 10 years ago
>garbage cd changers and dvd players
>and the odd """"hifi"""" stereo like pic related from 15 years ago
>you find a pair of fucking JBL drivers
sell them, they're $200 - $350 on ebay right now

Attached: Sony-MHCEC99-1.jpg (584x317, 31K)

I had a Phillips like that as my first actual stereo. Was amazing. Then I decided to look up the specs one day

>THD: 10%

Attached: 1540007654612.gif (500x500, 234K)

I can't believe there's a market for them that they're still made today. I guess portable speakers took away most of their market but they've tried to adapt and made this shit. Fucking Fry's has an aisle dedicated to those retarded stereos in their audio section now

Attached: mhcv11.jpg (368x750, 78K)

They're still popular in the

I just ordered a pair of Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Mk IIs to replace my old JBL floorstanders (ES80s). I am excite.

what the fuck kind of name is dirty weekend for a speaker? hope they sound good user!

They're kind of like factory seconds of their normal Omen speakers, available as a fantastic value proposition for what you get: zuaudio.com/loudspeakers/omen-dirty-weekend-2
The form-factor is especially appealing to me, as I do most of my listening seated in the room and I'm a manlet to boot. Also, I may actually run them without my sub, depending on how they shape up in my room (their positioning will be less than ideal, but I'll be doing DSP and room corrections to compensate as necessary).

I need new speakers for my computer, are the logitech z333 any good? The gentoo wiki recommends the z623, are they worth the price? Are there any good alternatives within that price range?

i want these speakers, how can i connect them to my smart tv?

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01J66ZEE0/ref=s9u_wsim_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&fpl

>input is only XLR or 1/4" TRS
You might not be able to connect directly to the TV

yeah I figured that, but I'm lost to what device I need.

I want to say your best bet would be getting a DAC that plugs directly into your TV and using an RCA to TRS cable for left and right but I don't think mono RCA to TRS cables exist

youtube.com/watch?v=Hf4Zts9NMjY
>cerwin-vega owners

How small?
iLoud Micro are very small but they have huge power brick. I can recommend Edifier S2000 pro unlike powered monitors that need balanced dac and volume control this come with build in dac have good sound and build quality. Just plug the optic in, no hassle. Behringer usb50 are also good lower cost option, they have usb dac.

Attached: 1539283478871.jpg (482x700, 105K)

Then stop shitting up the threads with your faggotry you fucking mongoloid.

Attached: u-mad-bro-png--800.jpg (800x1280, 92K)

seems quite difficult to do connect the speakers to the tv, strange

I don't know your budget, but a good option would be DACs that have balanced outputs
amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-DacMagic-Digital-Analogue/dp/B006GJU33I