Why are motherboard so expensive now?

They used to cost $50

Attached: 1539074026154.png (270x378, 67K)

Nowadays companies just slap the "gaymer" tag on everything to charge for more.

RGB lights, high end audio, tiny on board SoC that supports its own OS and has a built in web browser, graphics

>Z390

there's your problem

>+ 120GB SSD
Because it's a combo, you dumb nigger. A thread died for this shit.

low-end boards still go for $50. try not posting a flagship board

>high end audio
Such as the Realtek SupremeFX?

What a joke

You bought intel but you care about your wallet? LMAO.

Even with the SSD that's still a well over $200 motherboard, dipshit.

And? That's not expensive. What, are you seriously going to put a $500 CPU in a $50 motherboard?

Do you put a $5k engine into a $2k car, you dumb nigger?

>What, are you seriously going to put a $500 CPU in a $50 motherboard?
Yes, because there's absolutely no real-world difference between a shit motherboard and a high end one in terms of overclocking stability, unless you're running something retarded like Intel's industrial chiller cooled 28 core nuclear reactor.

Attached: 1486696484377.png (649x611, 639K)

Such a good goy.

I don't pay more than 100$ for a motherboard.

buy used ones lots of retarded overclockers and "enthusiasts" upgrade once a year. so you can get motherboards that cost like 300-500$ the year before for 100$ 2years down the line.

they drop in value way faster than CPU/GPU etc.

basically motherboards and PSU are the most overpriced thing in a computer for what it actually costs to make so you can get mad deals on it.

motherboards are literally like 80% profit and PSUs are like 50% or some thing.

you don't need RnD to make these items.

Ram is also overpriced but that's by the mafia so that's dif.

You'd be surprised how good a CPU on a shit motherboard can overclock. Hint: it can't

Hint: you're a retard or you have no experience.

Why was I able to OC a Ryzen 3 1200 to 4.1GHz on a $60 board? A first gen Ryzen, 4.1GHz.

Is $60 high end now?

Or maybe you're just a moron talking out of his ass.

All of these poorfags here in this thread.

>you don't need RnD to make these items.

Attached: 1512036977075.jpg (1024x768, 395K)

stop it user, don't make fun of me

Attached: 1538118038302.jpg (1200x900, 155K)

>Why was I able to OC a Ryzen 3 1200 to 4.1GHz on a $60 board?
Because that's a quad core CPU, dumbass. Try overclocking an octa-core Ryzen chip on the same board and see how far you get. Try overclocking a 9900K on all but the very highest end Z390 boards and see how far you get. Keep a fire extinguisher handy in both cases.

Have fun with that til some shitty capacitor etc blows up.

Been going for well over a year now with no complaints.

I will try exactly that, thanks for the suggestion. Keep an eye out for the video on youtube.

I still love you, user

Modern MB audio is far better than it has ever been, it's pretty acceptable now

I have a PCIe sound card btw, before you get triggered

>I have a PCIe sound card btw, before you get triggered
That's what triggered me, user. Sound cards are a bullshit meme

yer you don't you stupid fuck do you have any idea how simple motherboards and PSU are?

its like 1950s electronics. and just buying shit and putting it together from a spreadsheet for lowest cost. if you think your motherboard or PSU is high-tech you are a retard.

>Hint: you're a retard or you have no experience.
You're the retard talking out of his ass. You don't want shitty VRMs when you OC at all. Poor power delivery leads to quicker instability which hurts your ability to OC. Also, shitty VRMs handle less loads, are specced for less temperature and less time @ said temperature. Those low end mobos are made with the cheapest parts the manufacturer can get at the time. You get what you pay for.
All that said, for a $100 CPU, spending only 50$ or 60$ is extremely reasonable and sensible. Nobody in this thread is saying "spend $300 on the mobo no matter what CPU you buy".

As opposed to the MB audio meme, or DAC meme, or AMP meme?

I wanted after-market audio, but I didn't want extra shit on my desk, so I bought and still use a sound card that has a DAC and AMP on it

Can you explain how you think it's a meme?

Attached: xonar essence stx.jpg (500x372, 36K)

>audiophool
meme writes itself

All I have is a sound card, hardly makes me an audiophile

Don't shitpost

>overclocking
>>/v/

>Z390

because audio is processed in windows in software mode for 12years and apple for 20years.

just using a shitty onboard Audio and a decent 0-60$ hifi TV sterio from the late 90s early 2000s sounds better than all your 800-3000$ "dacs"

They're not expensive you're just still poor.

He's right motherboards and GPUs are pretty much all profit, the parts are cheaper than ever and they just tweak reference designs and slap on branding, the real legwork is done by AMD/Intel and Panasonic or some other Japanese equiptment manufacturer (JUKI, Yamaha motor, Fuji corp) supplies all of the robitics for SMT/PCB assembly.