What do you guys do when your computer is fried while you're waiting for a new one...

What do you guys do when your computer is fried while you're waiting for a new one? my old ass laptop can barely run youtube videos.

This shipping wait is killing me.

Attached: cartoon-businessman-with-a-fried-computer-by-toonaday-2525.jpg (581x600, 113K)

How old is it?

Not too old. It's a 6600k. I'm going to try and send it back to intel since its under warranty. If they fix it i'll sell it along with my old motherboard, but if its already working I'll just sell it by itself (rip mobo).

unironically my 6600k also randomly died out of the blue, it booted but would constantly give me kernel panics unless I lowered the clocks and voltage to ridiculous values, maybe it was the motherboard idk.

I just use another computer. Why would you have only one?

What OS did it run

Yeah idk. it got increasingly unstable to the point where it wouldn't even boot. oh well.

10 LTSB and 7 ultimate.

> my old ass laptop can barely run youtube videos.
Is it PowerPC or something? YouTube runs fine on my Pentium 4 desktop.

>10 LTSB and 7 ultimate.
Stupid wangtard.

It's a Lattitude E5500.

muh games

Any game that runs on a C2D will run fine on the GNU operating system. Sounds like your laptop is just a victim of Windows rot.

Can it run crysis?

I don't know what that is.

I have a shitty Acer Aspire One running CentOS 10/10, my brother just fried his HP gayming laptop while playing Fortnite

>Sounds like your laptop is just a victim of Windows rot.
Nah he's a case of PEBKAC, my ulv core 2 duo laptop with win10 handles youtube fine.

Don't be proud of using that garbage OS.

it just works

OP here. I had 10 LTSB and it runs better than 7. I had to install 7 though because lolnodrivers

Wait, you can't just compile your own kernel on Windows? I thought "it just works"?

>Wait, you can't just compile your own kernel on Windows?
Sure you can. I run XP on the linux kernel. Just werks mate

>the linux kernel
You can just say Linux, since we all know it is a kernel.

>not referring to linux as the Linux/GNU kernel

It has nothing to do with GNU.

its the gnu kernel?

That's Hurd, not Linux.

no computer is really broken unless you drop a hammer on it. c'mon user, fix that bootloader, even if it means burning a boot disk with an Android phone and a USB adaptor.

you WinCucks disgust me

>He only has 1 computer.