idi nahui cyka blyat

>this thread is good

>this meme is SO funny!

Zakry svoi rot pydar

go back there

mat twoju jebem

Sosi moy chlen!

>using the phrase "open source"

Yes, anyone who says "open source" rather than free software is a puppet.

>can someone please make X
>wish software X had feature Y

How do we deal with the problem of freeloaders?

Free software is inherently open source.
But not all open source software is free (as in freedom).

Some of the Microsoft open source licenses, for example, do not respect the four freedoms, and can thus not be called "free".

>How do we deal with the problem of freeloaders?
The way they are already dealt with

>"implement it yourself and submit a patch"

Okay, but that comes much later than the split between free software and open sores. Open source began as a way to make free software more palatable to marketing departments by obscuring the inherent political nature of free software.

>Open source began as a way to make free software more palatable to marketing departments
You got it the wrong way around, kid. You're obviously a zoomer talking out of your ass.

Up until late 70s, in the mainframe era, all software was mostly open source (in the free as in freedom sense). If you bought a mainframe from a company, you got all the software and source code with it for free and you could do whatever the fuck you wanted with it.

It was first when people started doing personal computers that people saw marketing potential and potential for profit in selling and licensing software alone. Then lawyers and greedy executives in these companies realised that they weren't the only ones having this idea, so they started patent trolling in addition and accusing other software companies of stealing from them.

Meanwhile, the free software movement spawned out of universities that never left the mainframe culture of just distributing software freely. They are the true continuation of the lineage.

tl;dr software was ruined by lawyers and marketing

>You're obviously a zoomer talking out of your ass.
No, yankee, you are speaking out of your arse.
> If you bought a mainframe from a company, you got all the software and source code with it for free and you could do whatever the fuck you wanted with it.
That is free software. It was never open source. Open source began after the free software movement, which came from MIT, not "universities", as you so vaguely claimed. Open source came about in the 90s when members of the free software movement lost their way and began seeking practicality over freedom. Once they did this they began trying to sell free software to corporations, however those corporations were not interested in something so politically motivated, so they came up with the open source. Open source is the result of the castration of the free software movement.
>It was first when people started doing personal computers that people saw marketing potential and potential for profit in selling and licensing software alone
You are thinking of proprietary software, you absolute fucking idiot. How dare you claim I don't know what I'm saying when you yourself can blabber such nonsense. You vile, cretinous filth. You don't understand a word of which you speak and your hubris is intolerable.
>tl;dr
tl;dr is not a way to signify a summary, you moron. You stupid rat. tl;dr is a way to state that a post someone else has written is too long, therefore you did not read it. You can't even use the simplest meme correctly. How someone of your incompetence has been able to sustain yourself for so long is astounding. Left to your own devices I am sure you would drown in your own urine. Now get off my board and never come back, for nobody who treads here needs to suffer the stupidity which I have encountered today.

>t. """Fem"""user

>That is free software. It was never open source
All free software is open source.

>Open source began after the free software movement, which came from MIT, not "universities"
1) MIT is a university
2) More than one university did this, see Berkley for example.

>Open source came about in the 90s when members of the free software movement lost their way and began seeking practicality over freedom.
You're talking about the open source licenses and the open source initiative. I'm talking about open source as the concept.

>the rest of your post
Just fuck off, kid.

>All free software is open source.
I do not think you are trolling when you say that. I believe that you are genuinely stupid enough to think that the term open source merely describes the state of software having an available source code, and is not intrinsically linked to the open source movement that began in the 90s.
>MIT is a university
The only correct thing you have said so far, but you are too stupid to understand why you are saying it.
>see Berkley for example
Not until much later. Stop making such a fool of yourself, you ignorant child.
> I'm talking about open source as the concept
Which came from the open source movement in the 90s.
>Just fuck off, kid.
Back at you, mutt.

I don't know why you are calling me yankee and mutt, I'm clearly not American at this time of the day.

Also, I'm not going to reply to your personal attacks and angry shitposting. It's clear that I triggered some NPC subroutine that caught you in a loop.

>thinks NPCs know what open source is.

Attached: NPCbrainlet.jpg (645x729, 42K)

>I don't know why you are calling me yankee and mutt, I'm clearly not American at this time of the day
Yet you said
>talking out of your ass
You are either a yankee or a wigger want to be yankee.
>I'm not going to reply to your personal attacks and angry shitposting
Funny that you called me an NPC when you want an emotionless debate. You are just a redditor who thinks he is "rational" because he has no emotions. You are a dry, dull child with obvious signs of autism. A classic NPC if I have ever seen one.

>You are either a yankee or a wigger want to be yankee.
Talking out of your ass may be an American colloquialism, but it is fairly international at this point. It certainly does not imply my nationality at all. What kind of retard would even think that?

>when you want an emotionless debate.
Argument from emotions is literally for women and NPCs.

>You are a dry, dull child with obvious signs of autism
But at least I'm stating facts rather than just spouting personal attacks instead of actual arguments.

Anyway, I see that you've moved the discussion from being about free software to being about my person, thus proving my point entirely. You're here to shitpost rather than present arguments and facts.

>things i don't like are the new meme i don't understand

Attached: npc.jpg (416x435, 18K)

>but it is fairly international at this point.
So you are just a wigger who wants to be an American. You could have just said that.
>Argument from emotions is literally for women and NPCs.
No, you autistic NPC, it is the opposite. Real human beings argue with emotions. If you are not passionate about anything you are an NPC. You obviously have no conviction in what you say, you merely spout what you have heard on your beloved reddit in terms of the art of a debate.
>But at least I'm stating facts rather than just spouting personal attacks instead of actual arguments.
I have both corrected you and belittled you, you have just been so offended, as is your nature as an NPC, that you have simply ignored my destruction of your claims.
>You're here to shitpost rather than present arguments and facts
How can you make a statement like this and not see what an NPC you are? You can just run along now. Your whole argument was predicated on the fact that you failed to understand the origin of open source. You really thought that open source was a term in popular use before 1998. That is sad.
Try reading this and perhaps learning something, you worm.
gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.en.html

>if you're not passionate about shitposting with strangers, you're an NPC
I'm not going to respond to you anymore, you're pretty much confirmed my suspicion of you being underaged at this point.

Go be an NPC back on reddit with the rest of your kind. They love emotionless husks like you.

>hurr durr reddit spacing
Talk about being underaged and insecure. Refusing to use proper paragraphing because total strangers online might think something about you, lol.

Okay, NPC, you are so very "proper" and emotionless. Just as you should be. The nail that sticks out gets hammered down, remember that.

>NPC
"look mom i learned a new buzzword"

Dude, I'm not emotionless. But unlike you, I actually don't sperg out and post 50 shitposts when totally anonymous chap corrects me online.

There's a difference between being passionate about a subject, and being an entitled child that's never been corrected before. When you grow older, you might get some life experience that will teach you this.

>Dude
You are so very brainwashed by American "culture".
>when totally anonymous chap corrects me online.
You were dead wrong and had no idea of the origin of the term open source, you emotionless NPC.
>There's a difference between being passionate about a subject, and being an entitled child that's never been corrected before
You think everyone should just accept your ludicrous, malformed corrections despite how devoid they are of any truth or merit?
>When you grow older, you might get some life experience that will teach you this.
How very NPC of you.

>You are so very brainwashed by American "culture".
Because I'm not some angry eastern european kid that's been lurking Jow Forums too much. Also, it's funny because it visibly upsets you.

>You were dead wrong and had no idea of the origin of the term open source, you emotionless NPC.
Yeah, that's why you got so mad.

>You think everyone should just accept your ludicrous, malformed corrections despite how devoid they are of any truth or merit?
Merit? Dude, this is an anonymous image board. Merits doesn't apply here.

>How very NPC of you.
Cool meme.

>Because I'm not some angry eastern european kid that's been lurking Jow Forums too much
No, because you spend far too much time online and gorge yourself on the media America produces.
>Yeah, that's why you got so mad.
Yes. People being so arrogant while being so very wrong angers me. I am not an emotionless husk like you, so I am impassioned by such acts.
>Merit? Dude, this is an anonymous image board. Merits doesn't apply here.
That just sounds like a poor excuse on your part, wigger.
>Cool meme.
You know it is true.

people still NPC post?
Its facebook tier "epic maymay" now, have some self respect.

>No, because you spend far too much time online and gorge yourself on the media America produces.
Nice projection. Also, American media? I don't even own a TV. Anyway, I'm not sure why it triggers you so much either.

>I am not an emotionless husk like you, so I am impassioned by such acts.
You mean you're severely autistic and narcissistic.

>That just sounds like a poor excuse on your part, wigger.
I'm pretty sure I'm way more merited than you, kid.

>You know it is true.
It's really not, it's really just a meme. In a matter of weeks, it will be old and forgotten just like all the other memes.

>Also, American media? I don't even own a TV
There is no possible way you could consume American media without a television set. How could I have been so mistaken? Woe is me, for I have sinned.
>You mean you're severely autistic and narcissistic.
The autistic are emotionless, like you.
>I'm pretty sure I'm way more merited than you, kid.
Nice projection.
>It's really not, it's really just a meme. In a matter of weeks, it will be old and forgotten just like all the other memes.
This is why I call you autistic. Do you think there is nothing behind the meme? Do you really, truly, and honestly think it is just a meme with no basis in anything beyond that? This is as bad as you misunderstanding of the term open source.

>NPC
>new buzzword
How new are YOU?

>capitalism is good

Attached: 1539689593718.jpg (408x431, 12K)

it is good

for creating botnet spyware disguised as a social media or service

>There is no possible way you could consume American media without a television set.
Depends on what you mean by "consume american media".

>The autistic are emotionless, like you.
Actually, autists do have emotions, which is why they freak out when they're rubbed the wrong way. They aren't emotionless at all, that's a misconception (which I would expect from a literal child).

>Nice projection.
So you're just repeating me know? Lol.

>This is why I call you autistic. Do you think there is nothing behind the meme?
>Do you really, truly, and honestly think it is just a meme with no basis in anything beyond that?
The meme value is that people get upset. There's nothing more to it. Go shitpost about meme magic somewhere else, kid.

tfw you realize we were NPC all this time. einstein thought it, and he was really smart.

Kurvo mrys a nedei da psuvash 4e 6te to zaslevq edin 6amar

Slavs, leave. You're not even white, ffs.

open source
open marriage
open borders

open minded

>Depends on what you mean by "consume american media".
There really are not many ways to understand that phrase. It is cut and dry.
>which is why they freak out when they're rubbed the wrong way
That is not based on emotion. That is instinctual. Are you really this stupid? How can you be so arrogant when you are this stupid?
>So you're just repeating me know? Lol.
I didn't realise you owned the concept of projection.
>The meme value is that people get upset. There's nothing more to it. Go shitpost about meme magic somewhere else, kid.
I see your shallow understanding of the world around you extends to the realm of memes, too.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

>There really are not many ways to understand that phrase.
Who's the narrowminded npc?

>That is not based on emotion. That is instinctual
Instincts are literally emotions, you stupid shit. Learn elementary biology. Are you seriously implying that instincts like fear and anger aren't emotions?

>I didn't realise you owned the concept of projection.
I'm just saying you should improve your comebacks instead of just literally copying me, like an empty npc.

>I see your shallow understanding of the world around you extends to the realm of memes, too.
Why are you glorifying memes? This reeks of being an underaged child. Friendly reminder that you must be 18 to post here, even when you're eastern european.

Пapaшa is that way:

Americans are fucking retarded.

Go away, you malnourished Ukrainian whore.

Open your asshole.

I unironically wish Hiroshima Nagasaki would just rangeban Poland and Ukraine already.

Pathetic incel.

>Who's the narrowminded npc?
I hope you are trying to be funny here.
>Instincts are literally emotions
Good God. You really have no clue what you are talking about.
>I'm just saying you should improve your comebacks instead of just literally copying me, like an empty npc.
I was not aware I was making a "comeback", I was simply pointing out your projection.
>Why are you glorifying memes?
I see you do not understand what it is to glorify something.

Nice npc reply. I triggered your subroutine.
I'm not an incel for pointing you that you're a whore, you whore.

Open Source: I can look at it.
Closed Source: I can't look at it.

>Good God. You really have no clue what you are talking about.
Back pedalling like crazy, I see. Anyway, you're boring me now and it's clear that you never intended to discuss free software. Go back to please.

>Back pedalling
I do not believe you know what this means.
>it's clear that you never intended to discuss free software
Because I disagreed with your clearly false misunderstanding of what open source is?

>I do not believe you know what this means.
It means that you're posting a dismissal and hoping that I wont harp on it rather than pointing out what's wrong, because you clearly fucked up and you have no supporting evidence for your belief.

>Because I disagreed with your clearly false misunderstanding of what open source is?
No, because you've spent >20 posts rambling about how stupid you think Americans are and how magical and glorious you think memes are.

Open Source is good. It's the most common development model today. Even most previous proprietary software developers have realized that and switched to the open source model.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you proprietary slave? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Harvard, and I’ve been involved in numerous free software projects, and I have contributed to over 300 core-utils for GNU. I am skilled in Lisp and I’m St. IGNU-cius, saint of the Church of Emacs. You are nothing to me but just another unethical non-free software advocate. I will distribute the fuck out of your source code with freedom the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about me and the GPL on the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my colleagues at FSF and your binaries are being reversed engineered right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your copyright. You're fucking dead, kid. Free software can be anywhere, anytime, and it can ensure your freedom in over four ways, and that’s just with the GPLv2. Not only am I extensively skilled at hacking, but I have access to the source of the entire GNU userland and core-utils and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable proprietary code off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what ethical retribution your little “clever” program was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have ensured your users' freedom. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit free as in freedom all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>because you clearly fucked up
How so? I am correct in disregarding you for your juvenile claims based only in your malformed intuition. I am also correct that you do not know what it is to back-pedal, since you have so clearly confused it with the deflection.
>No, because you've spent >20 posts rambling about how stupid you think Americans are and how magical and glorious you think memes are.
Wild misrepresentation.

>Free software can be anywhere, anytime, and it can ensure your freedom in over four ways, and that’s just with the GPLv2.
Every time

Attached: laugh-milk.gif (285x235, 739K)

>I am correct in disregarding you for your juvenile claims based only in your malformed intuition.
Juvenile claims? You're the one saying that autistic people are incapable of emotions and that instincts and feelings, such as anger and fear, aren't emotions.

>Wild misrepresentation.
It's exactly on the head.
>inb4 lol stupid yankee american expression

The problem with the term Open Source (and basically all technical terms) is: people don't understand technology nor its terminology, so they make up their own definitions of certain terms and to make it even worse these definitions change during time, creating a language of chaos, where everyone is angry because the other guy doesn't understand the own definition of a certain term.

>You're the one saying that autistic people are incapable of emotions
That is true.
> instincts and feelings, such as anger and fear, aren't emotions.
You are so wrong. Anger is not an instinct, it is formed of an entirely rational basis.
>It's exactly on the head.
You must have an odd perspective in things.

Linux is a kernel.

The problem with the NPC meme (and basically all memes) is: people don't understand memes, so they make up their own definitions of certain memes and to make it even worse these definitions change during time, creating a language of chaos, where everyone is angry because the other guy doesn't understand the own definition of a certain meme.

>That is true.
What is true? That you said it or the claim itself? The claim is false. Autistic people have difficulties recognising and identifying emotions, but they definitively have emotions. I mean, just google it for fuck's sake.

>You are so wrong. Anger is not an instinct [...]
Here's a hint, "instinct" is a broadly defined term that refers to both fixed action patterns as well as basic emotions. When you're saying that austists are just acting instinctual, you are referring to their feelings of being frightened and overwhelmed. These are clearly emotions, on par with other animals being capable of experiencing anger and fear.

>[...] it is formed of an entirely rational basis.
Anger can also be invoked irrationally, like when I corrected you in the beginning of this thread and you completely sperged out. Or when you mess up the daily routines of an autistic person.

>You must have an odd perspective in things.
I literally pointed this out to you a couple of posts back, and you started sperging out over how magnificent and magical the NPC meme is as a satirical view on modern society and how everyone is so stupid for not seeing it the same way and thinking that it is literal shitposting.

Whiter than you, Jamal.

Poor, malnourished and forever a slav aka nigger of europe.

Seething. It's not my fault you got cucked into fetishizing BBC and miscegenation.
>nigger of Europe
Quite ironic that Europe will become the extension of the Middle East and Africa in my lifetime.

>I buy preconfigured computers and after registering my Microsoft® account I use the preinstalled Windows® 10 Home operating system with the convenient and sympathetic Cortana® personal digital assistant.
:^|

>It's not my fault you got cucked into fetishizing BBC and miscegenation.
Never have, this is a meme that inferior third worlders tell themselves in order to feel superior.

>Quite ironic that Europe will become the extension of the Middle East and Africa in my lifetime.
If you believe Russian propaganda, maybe. Most European countries are cracking down way harder on immigration than other countries. Just a friendly reminder that Russia saw an immigration from Syria that was two times the number of Syrians that came to Europe in 2016 and that literally Europe's biggest Mosque is in Moscow.

All 'open source', if the technical definition from the OSI is to be understood, is Free software, but only as a weak cross-section of what Free software is.
The practical meaning of 'open source', which more or less is 'it's pretty useful to release source code for common dev tools and get chumps to improve them for free', does not accurately characterise Free software. Free software is a social goal, freedom for individuals and communities to run and adapt software however they wish.

>closed source is not bad

Attached: GIF.gif (330x670, 1.02M)

>living in a shithole without food and anything but war is not bad

>Never have, this is a meme that inferior third worlders tell themselves in order to feel superior.
Umm, nice damage control, sweaty. You have non-whites and BMWF couples everywhere in your ads. Every large town has long surrendered to darkies.
>Most European countries are cracking down way harder on immigration than other countries.
More like poorer members of the EU refusing to share the burden.

>Umm, nice damage control, sweaty.
It's spelled sweety, not sweaty. Also, nice NPC response.

>You have non-whites and BMWF couples everywhere in your ads
In the US maybe, not here (Norway).

>More like poorer members of the EU refusing to share the burden.
>Norway and Denmark
>poor

Didn't Germany let in one million 'refugees' in a year.

And by 'refugees' I mean anyone from North Africa or the Middle East who decided to wonder illegally into Europe.

>Didn't Germany let in one million 'refugees' in a year.
Yeah, and now Germans are extremely upset about it and marching in the streets and Merkel and her band of criminals is going to get voted out because of it. We are moving towards better times.

>The claim is false
No it is not.
>just google it
You would use Google.
>Here's a hint, "instinct" is a broadly defined term
You don't know what it means.
>acting instinctual
You mean institutionally, try to learn English if you're going to attempt to speak it.
>Anger can also be invoked irrationally
You don't know what rationality is.
>I literally pointed this out to you a couple of posts back, and you started sperging out over how magnificent and magical the NPC meme is as a satirical view on modern society and how everyone is so stupid for not seeing it the same way and thinking that it is literal shitposting.
You've lost the plot. You'd be better served to just hit the keyboard with your palm at this point.

Laino makednosko udavi se v sperma

>No it is not.
Yes, it is. Autistic people are not emotionless, you stupid shit.

>You would use Google.
I forgot I'm talking to a living, breathing, wheezing meme.

>You don't know what it means.
I clearly do. Maybe you're confusing it for something else, since you're literally saying that autistic emotions are instincts.

>You mean institutionally,
No, I didn't mean institutionally.... What the fuck would that sentence even mean?

>You've lost the plot.
What?

>Autistic people are not emotionless
Yes they are.
>I forgot I'm talking to a living, breathing, wheezing meme.
Deflection.
>I clearly do
You think you do.
>No, I didn't mean institutionally
Yes you did. You can act instinctively, but you cannot "act instinctual", that makes no sense.
>What?
I said you've lost the plot.

>It's spelled sweety, not sweaty. Also, nice NPC response.
Imagine being such a thick-headed autist you don't notice an intentionally wrong spelling.
>In the US maybe, not here (Norway).
Take a look at your closest H&M, nigger. Also, Varg said that there was an increase in immigration to Norway after the cuckservatives won in the election, lmao.
>Merkel and her band of criminals is going to get voted out because of it
This is pure gold. Nothing tops the bluepilled delusion that you can vote someone out. Who is going to replace Merkel again? Socialists that would double down on the course set-up by Merkel or AfD the Russian-funded spoiler, lol?

>>Autistic people are not emotionless
>Yes they are.
No, they are often struggling with identifying emotions, but not experiencing emotions.

You should know, you're clearly severely autistic, yet you're experiencing irrational anger and mental distress right now.

>open sores

>Imagine being such a thick-headed autist you don't notice an intentionally wrong spelling.
I see, you only ment to pretend you were retarded. How could I not see this.

>Take a look at your closest H&M, nigger
No niggers.

>Also, Varg said that there was an increase in immigration to Norway after the cuckservatives won in the election, lmao.
Are you getting your facts from Varg? lol

>No
Yes.
>but not experiencing emotions
They don't experience emotions.
>You should know, you're clearly severely autistic
Says the emotionless NPC.

>open soros

>They don't experience emotions.
Wrong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Educate yourself.

>Educate yourself.
With Wikipedia? You are such an NPC.

How much does Microsoft pay you per hour?

>being this autistic
Yes, clearly all these publications are just hoaxes and a global conspiracy to hide the fact that autistic people can't feel emotions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism#References

Protip: that was sarcasm, I know autistic people struggle with that some times.

Typical NPC response.

>I know autistic people struggle with that some times.
What you don't know about the autistic could fill a warehouse.

Doesn't change the fact that you were wrong on this particular thing though.