Android vs iOS

Well?
Pick one. Tell me why you prefer it and tell me what you think the best iOS/Android phone/device was/is.

Attached: 55c8a05800e52ed7daa4b8280671eff8eef4eed8-1.jpg (2064x1161, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on the use case, and the model of the phone. I don't think I'd use any iPhone beyond the 6s, really due to the lack of the aux cord. If however that wasn't an issue to me and I was perfectly content with syncing all my data together like a fucking retard, I would probably get up to the iPhone 8, since I actually prefer to keep a physical home button and without one it's just a shitty glorified Samsung piece of shit.Using your face to unlock the phone? If the authorities have ANY reason to want to use your phone, all they have to do is point it at your face, regardless of whether or not you consent to it. That's a big problemThe upside to using iOS is that Facetime Audio offers an immense improvement in call quality that I've yet to see rivaled by any other suite. The simplicity in their integration of Facetime audio with the rest of the device allows it to be something that's readily available and easy to use. I've never tried using Google hangouts to call other people but I would imagine the quality might be the same.As someone who really fucking hates the notch though I don't think I could with a clear conscious ever buy a phone that has some retarded piece of shit black bar in between the top of the screen, I'd rather have that be rectangular, thanks.Android offers a pretty good system however you do need to have good specifications in order to get a good experience out of it, or at least modify the firmware in some way that makes it more optimized for the phone's hardware. I don't agree with the navigation flow that Android has with having to press the stupid pill in order to get home, it's fucking retarded. Same goes for iOS. I think as someone who wants to have a device that's pleasant to use I'd probably pick a Google phone if they ever release a model that isn't fucking stupid, or the oneplus if any of their newer models stop using the notch because it's awful

galaxy x

> iOS + Google Services

Please KYS.

I prefer Windows 10 Mobile. It's a shame I'm locked into Android now that my bank dropped support killed their W10M app.

>android is used by many brands instead of just one, so I get to choose a device that fits my use case without needing to settle with features that I don't want
>android allows for customizing beyond what is "supported" by the OEM, perfect for intermediate and advanced users
>android is generally function first and form second, which is exactly what a smartphone should be

the best iPhone was the SE, it seems to has the least amount of controversial flaws from what I've heard (no bendgate, has a headphone jack, no "you're holding it wrong" bullshit)

the best android was the galaxy s5/active, it has useful features that get removed in later models for some reason, and has a large aftermarket for accessories and parts

Anyone who sends and recieves pictures and files regularly would obviously choose an Android.

I was an Apple fanboi until Steve Jobs reached nirvana. Now the company has gone to shit and instead of talking about how ground breakingly innovative the CEO is all they can do is say how gay the CEO is. Which would be cool if I gave a shit, but I don't.

android's navigation flow is absolutely god awful and besides a few custom roms in the kit kat era that never went anywhere, there hasn't been any change to that interface loop for years save for the pie nav pill abomination that makes it more like iOS

with my blackberry i have the most commonly used apps on a keyboard shortcut and a pop up floating launcher for the rest so i do not use a home screen and don't have to fuck with visual clutter.

despite the fact that it's the most arcane and linux greybeard style setup i find myself using my phone when i'm sitting at my computer because its faster to do it on my phone and ive literally never done that before.

bring back the button binding paradigm

Attached: 812Te191ZfL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 29K)

The only real benefit of iOS is the years of OS updates you get. Otherwise it's a locked down piece of shit for fags and women. If you aren't retarded you can buy a nice Android phone, unlock the bootloader, and then install Lineage OS and get the same levels of security patching and feature updates as iShit. Apple hardware is also the most abysmal dumpster fire I've ever dealt with.

Attached: 1538854196936.png (965x859, 107K)

You can nav however you want with a launcher. If you're posting on Jow Forums you shouldn't be complaining about defaults

>Otherwise it's a locked down piece of shit for fags and women.

you, my friend, have been rused

Pre-Oreo iOS was better but after that Android has been quite a bit ahead. The way Android handles notification is far more convenient than iOS, even Apple decided to copy the grouped notification thing with iOS 12.

And besides, what about MIUI full display gesture navigation system? If that isn't the most intuitive way of navigating on an Android smartphone until now, I don't know what is. There is a port of it, be it unreleased.
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid
>Otherwise it's a locked down piece of shit
How is it not? It's proprietary and has a locked bootloader. Jailbreaking stopped being a thing past iOS 9 and nothing's changed on that front. You can't even install a piece of software outside of their "ecosystem". There isn't a proper file manager for it either.

No Pajeet, I've just used iOS before and it's garbage. I shouldn't need iTunes malware to transfer music to my phone.

>not using a streaming service
>2018

>paying for renting a license to play digital media
>giving the music industry even more money

>not even owning the shit you pay for
iPhones are fucking joke. They don’t even work as phones. Here’s a screenshot from my iToy that was provided by my employer. It keeps dropping my calls. It’s on the latest iOS as of a couple days ago and keeps doing this shit. No amount of reboots fixes it.

I also take back what I said about updates being an advantage. These iPajeets keep breaking my shit.

Attached: C67C4431-1C9F-4B2D-886F-F3F38B3E345A.png (750x1334, 1.73M)

OP here. I honestly feel that the Nexus 6P was one of the best Android phones. The screen was nice and large. AMOLED gave it great colors and the battery was semi decent with a great camera for it's time. The LG V20 also seemed like a complete phone and one of the last phones with a removable battery. With a couple replacement batteries, that phone would last for a long time, but if you care more fora unibody feel, the G6 or v30 is probably a better choice I feel that a lot of LG phones are underrated. Galaxy S7 and S9 are also great devices. Can't really pick

As far as iPhones go, the iPhone 6s was a fantastic phone. It has all the features you could use in a single phone minus the IP Rating. 3.5 mm headphone jack, 4k recording, decent photos and screen. 6s is definitely a great all arounder from Apple's side Same could be said about the iPhone SE, as long as you don't mind the missing #D touch feature

>Sprint

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 34K)

The one that let you see and manipulate the filesystem by the default is the good one.

It worked fine before the OS update. Now it doesn't. The carrier has nothing to do with this iTurd malfunctioning.

blackberry just had to kill a good idea and ruin it with the key1/key2 with that 3:2 bullshit.

Soup Jow Forums, I'm an unironic paid Apple shill.
You might recognize our agency's threads like:
>y dont u own a mac r u poor? lol
>post your apple products
>where my (apple product) bros at?
>WHO HYPE FOR (apple product/event)?
>why does (celebrity or notable people) use (apple product) i'm confused, pls shill for me!
>lol green bubbles
>"Perfection" (apple product photo)
>macbooks are overpriced, ok show me a laptop that... pasta
>geekbench circlejerking threads
>look! this pro-apple blog says good things about (apple product)! please click it!
>it just werks (apple product photo)
>i used to use non-apple products but then i tired apple products and never looked back!
>rotate threads and topics regularly to avoid being caught by mods as "flooding"

We focus primarily on tech blogs and the like with hacked Disqus accounts that we can buy for like 1000/$50 on the dark web to get a real post history and identity. Me, I got Jow Forums with a few other guys.

>pretend to need to (X), recommend Apple products to ourselves
>enter non-Apple thread and convince people to consider Apple
>get shekels

>make thread but it devolves into Apple getting shit on
>no shekels

When we can't get any good shilling going, we'll just crap on the competition, THEN try to slip in a suggestion to try Apple products.
>OMG i own this HP/MS/Samsung/LG product and it SUCKS
>coshill comes in the thread, plugs (Apple product)
>lololol loonix has no gaymes, windows master race!
>lololol wangblows sux, linux master race!
>step in after 100 posts and make up story about how great (Apple product) is

Mostly a side job and I make $100 every month or so for no effort, but I quit because they bullshitted me once on a check, plus I graduated so now I'm outing them.
OP is my old coworker. Yes, he's a poo in loo named Dikshit.

Attached: 1510752403003.png (1024x1024, 508K)